Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Shattered Bonds of Pern EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Shattered Bonds of Pern

Go down

Shattered Bonds of Pern Empty Shattered Bonds of Pern

Post by Rye Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:05 pm

.let me introduce myself.

Chances are, you know me already, but if not, I'm called D'ron. Around these parts, though, I'm known as the Senior Weyrleader of Falmas, and the 'Rider of everyone's favorite cynic, Bronze Relarventh. I'm writing you in a plea for help, or a call to arms... for we are under attack.

.meet the Shattered.

They're the enemy of all on Pern, and to meet one usually means death for the soul unfortunate enough to cross paths with one of these dragons. They're terribly strong, have enhanced telepathic and mental abilities, and worst of all, they have nothing to lose. Made after a traumatic event that overwhelms a bonded dragon's mind, the Shattered has killed its own 'rider and thus has ties to no human, making it a dangerous foe. They come in all colors and are divided into three ranks: normal Shattered, Greatminds, and Everminds. The wings in our lands are loyal to one of two Evermind Queens, Gorheilith or Lyrenth, and both of these Golds possess abilities that are nothing to play with. Their very existence has made us question the base laws that we once thought governed dragon kind, because yes, they are attacking humans as well as other dragons.

...will you help us?

For the sake of my dragon, of my daughter, of my people... I beg you to join our cause. The two Weyrs in this area, Falmas and Oulus, were built so that we could go out to the lairs and cull the Shattered in their own territory, but as it is we barely have enough to defend our own walls. We need every 'Rider we can get, as well as craftsmen, holders, and other Weyrfolk, for what is the strength of a Weyr without its people? Let's not forget the candidates, too, because my Weyrmate's Gold, Durelaith, just a few sevendays ago laid a beautiful clutch of twenty-four eggs, and though Relarventh insists there is something amiss about a few of them, I have to disagree. Come one, come all, because I assure you, we need your help.

Sincerely,
D'ron, Weyrleader of Falmas

Our Plot:

It's been about one hundred Turns since Thread stopped falling, and the dragonriders have retreated to their own parts of Pern. They've taken up the roles of enforcers and messengers, though some have become mercenaries and other more combat-oriented professions. Things are mostly peaceful, but it's really only a farce, as tensions are strung high under the surface. It finally snaps when Bronze Uulacanth of Weyrleader G'tal of Igen seems to go beserk....killing his rider. But no, he does not go Between. Instead, the insane Bronze stays, though his rider is most assuredly dead, launching off into the skies above the weyr and leaving a shocked silence behind. What could have happened to make Uulacanth do that? And most importantly, how did he stay? At first, these were only isolated incidents, the dragons--now called Shattered, as they had completely destroyed their bonds with their riders--had become a fearsome offensive force, having their own Clutches and slowly seducing others to do what they had done.

Two new weyrs were founded in an attempt to keep the Shattered population in check by finding their lairs and culling them--the new weyrs being Falmas and Oulus. They've both held up pretty well so far, but things are not looking good for the fledgling weyrs.

The Shattered have started to attack humans, breaking whatever rules that Pern thought were established about dragons. Now every dragonrider is suspect, for who knows who will snap next? Could it be the wingleader that you've grown to trust? Or maybe that weyrling, so newly bonded and still fresh-faced and grinning from the ecstasy of Impression? Or maybe even the Weyrleader, as what happened with G'tal and Uulacanth?

The dragons of Pern are like a minefield now....the slightest errant twitch, and who knows what could happen.

In our lands, there are the hunters and the hunted, but you can go from being one to the other in a fraction of a second.

.What We Can Offer You.

• Avaliable Ranking Characters Galore!
  • Great, Friendly Staff
  • Active Roleplaying and Exciting Plot Twists
  • Fun, Exciting Contests with Great Prizes
  • *le gasp* Is that a Queen Egg on the Sands?
  • Much, much more coming as we grow... You won't want to miss out!

Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down