Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk]

2 posters

Go down

Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] Empty Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk]

Post by Arielle Tue Nov 24, 2009 4:54 am

IC Time: late month 3
IC Location: the Cavern near where the Whers hatched

Jonas lounged comfortably by the boiling thermals in the caverns below the Caldera. He'd brought down a lounge chair when he realized the sunlight hurt his little gold's eyes to make it more comfortable to spend time with her during the daylight hours in a place where the growing wher could romp. Currently feeling a tad tired, the young man let his two ladies play with each other, content to just watch them. His crazy green firelizard Mari hissed plaintively at Jonask, scampering across the ground when the brown-gold wher bounded after her.

It had been days before Jonas had found out his wher's name. He'd been calling her things like "darling" and "sweetling" before one day when he'd been trying to teach her about the names of the rest of the new wherhandlers. He had just been conveying his own name to be Jonas when she replied Jonask!. It had surprised him immensely, but Jonas was incredibly pleased at the time. He still was, actually, and wanted to plan a class of sorts for the young crew of wherhandlers to start teaching their partners speech in words and to build the bonds at a standard rate. That way when their purpose was revealed they could work efficiently as a team.

Hearing her bonded's memories, Jonask chirped happily at him, repeating her fateful words. Jonask! Jonas smiled. "Yes, pet, that's your name. Jonask." It rolled off his tongue pleasantly, making him wonder whether his gold's choice of name was a unique homage to him, or if all whers took a name of sorts like the one with which they bonded. Scratching the itch behind Jonask's left head knob, which she had notified him of, the tall man looked up with interest as he heard footsteps and an accompanying scratching-padding that was a familiar sound the whers made.

"Hello, there," Jonas said genially, smiling softly though he was still unsure which of his compatriots were exploring the caves for which their partners were so well built.

Last edited by Arielle on Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] Empty Re: Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk]

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Tue Nov 24, 2009 1:55 pm

Sobi was happy to be able to walk around with her new companion in silence for once. Not that Sobisk spoke too much, indeed the bronze was a quiet creature that spoke often in single words if he spoke at all. This was just fine for Sobi, but it made for some boring hours sometimes. She'd been delighted when he'd told her his name. She'd been trying to explain names to him when he looked at her with his intellegent eyes and told her calmly. Is Sobisk. She'd been so shocked she'd fallen off her bed. Of course Sobisk had snorted at her and called her stupid which led to her arguing with the stoic wher which only served to make the bronze amused. He was just so darned supieror acting all the time it drove Sobi crazy. At least she knew his weakness. Her wher was afraid of bugs. It was funny to watch, and Sobisk didn't find it amusing at all when she'd chase him with a caterpillar or something similar. For Sobi though it was all just great fun.

As she turned the corner she caught sight first of the dark golden hide of a wher then the gold's handler. Smiling and offering a wave, Sobi led Sobisk over to the pair. "Hello to the both of you as well. She's lovely. I believe we met during the hatching but I'm afraid I don't recall your name. I'm Sobi, and this handsome bronze you see next to me is Sobisk."

The bronze snorted but didn't say anything to his chosen.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk] Empty Re: Lovely Ladies All Around [Sobi/Sobisk]

Post by Arielle Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:40 am

Spotting the young woman who'd bonded to the first of the two bronzes, Jonas rose, his smile widening to one a bit more welcoming. "Yes, I remember seeing you there. It's a pleasure to actually make your acquaintance, Sobi." He gave a nod of acknowledgment to the bronze as well. "And you, Sobisk. My name is Jonas and my gold is Jonask." She chirped to her brother and moved forward to greet him, tail slightly waving back and forth in welcome. Hello, Jonask said to Sobisk. Her bonded had taught her several things since she had found him, among them names and small niceties.

"Would you like to sit?" Jonas asked the young woman, gesturing to his lounge-like chair. "There's certainly room." He smiled again when green Mari circled Sobi before taking fright at the young woman's shoes. "Mari, come here, you silly darling," he said, patting his shoulder for the small firelizard. "I'm sorry about that, she's such a flighty creature sometimes."
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Tue Dec 01, 2009 9:42 am

Sobisk eyed his golden 'sister' for a long moment before finally deciding she was worth talking to. Hello, is Sobisk. It was the most he'd said at one time since he started talking; which wasn't very long but still. As Sobi moved, Sobisk stayed near to her; not as if he was afraid, more like he was protecting her from anything that might harm her. And as long as the male Sobi was talking with wasn't cruel to her, the bronze would refrain from harming him. In the meantime, he had a tolerable gold to speak with.

Sobi only smiled, happy he was attempting to socialize. Her bronze was a dear thing, even if she was the only one that knew so. He wasn't afraid to state his mind about things, and he often got himself into trouble because of it. "Jonas then, and nice to meet you too Jonask." She shook her head before nodding at the request to sit down before she settled herself next to the goldhandler. "Thanks for letting us visit for a bit, Sobisk needs to socialize and so do I." She opened her mouth to speak when the sudden appearence of a green firelizard startled her. When the green flew off in an apparent fright, Sobi relaxed a bit. "That was odd. I didn't mean to frighten her."

Mischeif took that moment to blink into the area from wherever it was he'd been and after diving around for a moment to show-off a bit for the female in the room, he landed on his Pet's shoulder.

Sobi laughed at the blue's antics and scratched his eye ridges gently. "Sorry about him, he's always this way. His name is Mischeif, and I'll give you one guess as to why he's called that."
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:24 am

Jonask chirped at her lighter bronze brother and dipped her head and rump in a strange sort of curtsy to his bonded. Padding closer to her Sobisk, she gave him a series of happy trills that Jonas had come to associate with Jonask's playful, happy mood. I Jonask. Sobisk play? she asked politely. Tilting her dark golden-brown-ish head slightly to the right, her tail brushed sideways across the floor with her pent up energy.

Jonas nodded after she spoke, his gaze on hers without seeming to stare, simply the politeness of meeting someone's eyes as you speak to each other. "Oh, it is truly not a problem. Jonask is quite friendly and the fact that she can't really go out in the daylight makes her a bit sad." The few days that clouds obscured the sun and Jonask could go outside Jo's home in the Caldera with only the thinnest of mesh cloths over her eyes were always filled with lots of activity outside. Even if Jonas himself was getting tired, Jonask still desired more time romping. And when she wasn't romping around and learning things, either from her environment or her bonded, the young gold was eating or sleeping.

Stroking Mari's soft hide, Jonas listened as the conversation proceeded. "Oh, you didn't scare her. She's just quite fickle. This is Mari." The small green chirped and preened at Mischief's antics. Chuckling at the blue's name, the young man gave Sobi a lopsided grin. "I believe you, completely." Glancing back towards the two young Wherlings, Jo asked a question he hoped to pose to each of the other Handlers. "How has your time with Sobisk been, Sobi?"
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:04 pm

Sobi started to open her mouth to warn the poor gold about Sobisk but the bronze answered for himself before she could.

Sobisk...doesn't play. The bronze snorted, not understanding why Jonask wanted to.

Sobi shook her head. "It's not that he doesn't like to play, sweetie, he just doesn't know how."

The bronze growled, his gruff voice echoing through three minds this time. Sobisk knows how! Just doesn't! He sounded vaguely annoyed at his bonded.

Sobi sighed, clearly frustrated with the bronze. "He's always been like that. He wants to play but doesn't know how..." Here the bronze growled at her again, this time louder. Sobi didn't seem bothered by him, nor by how Jonas looked straight at her as he spoke. In fact, she seemed to do the same; her honey colored eyes on him as she spoke, and alternately on Sobisk when she was annoyed. Finally her eyes came back to Jonas as she continued. "He's so...well stubborn. And he doesn't know when to keep his mind shut." She shook her head before taking a breath to calm down. "Sorry to snap like that. Sobisk just makes it hard sometimes. He hates going out in the day though, but it's interesting to hear that Jonas likes to." She took another steadying breath. Whers were fasinating creatures in her opinion. So different from the dragons but still so similar. In the short time she'd been with Sobisk, she'd learned much about what it meant to be a wherhandler; especially one bonded to a bronze. He was headstrong and demanding, but she loved him. He hated dealing with other people at times though so the presenses of Jonas and his gold were a godsend.

Finally she let the conversation drift to the firelizards. "She's fickle huh? Well I guess all firelizards are different, just like dragonets, dragons, and whers. Mischief is a troublemaker and he likes to show-off for the ladies. He thinks he's better than any bronze and nothing I say seems to make him change his mind. It's funnny really. He does like to go fishing though whenever he can't get a lady he fancies to notice him. He's good at it too, and really smart. I'll bet your Mari is really smart too." She noticed his gaze on the whers and sighed at his question. "Time with Sobisk...difficult like I said. He keeps learning new things every day and he dislikes doing certain things. He gets sunburnt if he goes out into the sunlight for more than a few seconds. And he gets bathed more than anyone else I know." Here she grinned, an amused light shining in her eyes. "Don't let him hear you know this though but..." She lowered her voice to a whisper. "He's also afraid of bugs. Even little harmless ones. It's so funny." It was obvious by her tone that, though the bronze annoyed her to no end sometimes - she loved him dearly.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:37 pm

Jonask was slightly taken aback by Sobisk's adamant answer about not playing. Why wouldn't he want to play? Playing was fun! Playing was good! Tilting and dipping her head, she peered at him, faceted eyes whirling slowly. She chirped querulously. Why no play? Play good! Play fun! As if to demonstrate, she bounded forward and feinted a nip at his shoulder before bouncing away, tail and rump waving. Yipping at him again, she bounced away from him, telling Sobisk to chase her.

Jonas smiled at the bronze pair, looking at the human member as she explained. He rubbed the back of his neck casually. "Well, I'm not sure she'd actually like the sun. The only time we've been out close to daylight is almost dawn or just after the sun sets. I don't want to chance her photosensitive eyes. Still, she's a sociable girl and loves when we see the occasional night walker during our outings." Jo glanced towards the romping whers before turning back to his companion, Mari chirping occasionally at Mischief.

"Yes, Mari is quite clever when she wants to be. Though she's honestly more of the sort to never sit still. And she'll get scared of something one day and it will be a totally different thing that frightens her the next," he said of his green firelizard. Stroking her to try and calm her, Mari escaped Jonas's hands, choosing to fly about the cavern just for the heck of it. He chuckled when Sobi told him her bronze's fear of bugs. "Bugs? How intriguing. That is adorable. Jonask has a rather solid equilibrium about such things, though she'll occasionally brood. Espcially if she wants to go out in the daylight and I can't let her. But yes, she really does eat, bathe, and sleep a lot. I've actually had to grab a few bottles of oil from my mother for her hide, it gets to be so itchy."
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Tue Dec 29, 2009 3:55 am

Sobisk could do nothing more than stare at the strange behavior of the gold in front of him. What in the world was she doing, romping around him like that? What did she want from him? The bronze just didn't understand. It wasn't as if Sobi was really right and he didn't know how to play, was it? Sobisk snorted to himself at that. He knew how to play, he just didn't. It was for children and apparently playful golds. It wasn't for the likes of him. Still...seeing Jonask play around like that made him wonder if this whole playing business was a fun as it looked. He couldn't exactly as Sobi without letting her know he didn't understand, but maybe the gold and her handler would be more helpful. Jonask....Sobisk doesn't understand. Why romping around like that? Is supposed to be fun? His curious tone and the twitch in his tail spoke louder than any words that the gold had gotten his attention. If she played this interaction right, Jonask was certain to have a bronze playmate before the night was through.

Mischief chirruped at the gold wherpair curiously then crooned his appreciation of the green firelizard that was with them. He thought Mari was adorable and flared his wings out around him as if to say 'Look at me, aren't I worth a second look?' He really was the horndog his Pet painted him to be.

Sobi sighed at the actions of both wher and firelizard. She was interested in the way Sobisk was watching Jonask though but knew if she commented her bronze would never take a chance on playing again. It was a hard thing, not speaking her thoughts aloud, but she hoped it would ultimately be worth it. Finally honey colored eyes focused on the young man in front of her again. "Seems like you've had an easier time of it than Sobisk and I. Jonask seems to at least listen to you better than Sobisk does me. Maybe it's because of my personality but I think it's just because he's so darned stubborn." She shook her head at Jonas's description of Sobisk's fear. "And don't let Sobisk hear you call anything about him adorable or he may try and bite you. He has a hard time admitting he is afraid of anything; which I'm working on. It must be a bronze thing, or maybe it's just a Sobisk thing." She sighed then found something the goldhandler said to smile about. "I'm glad I'm not the only one who's life revolves around their wher. We don't mind though; at least I don't. Know what I mean?"
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:32 am

In the middle of her teasing, playful romping, Jonask heard Sobisk's question and paused mid wiggle. She cocked her head at him and padded forward, nudging his shoulder with her nose. She thought about all the times that she and Jo played. How he would hide things for her to find, and then let her hide things for him to find. Or when they could play tag or just run around like 'crazy horses' as Jo said. Jonask didn't know what a horse was, but Jo said he might introduce her to one when she was bigger. The young gold wanted to be bigger; she wanted to meet these things called 'horses'. Playing lots of fun! Romping fun...or tag! Tag very fun! Sobisk chase, Jonask run. Sobisk tag Jonask, Jonask chase! Jonask hopped around a bit, debating whether she wanted to initiate Sobisk into tag or some other game. She decided on tag and bopped him lightly again with her nose, bounding away and shouting, You it! Play tag!

Mari wheeled through the air, enjoying Mischief's display, while Jonas continued his conversation with Sobi. "I don't know if easier is the right word, but she doesn't seem to be as taciturn as Sobisk. Jonask is still a baby, as I figure they all really are at this point, so she does quite a bit of what human kids do. She'll run around and steal stuff to hide, wanting to play, even though I'm trying to wash her or teach her." He toyed with a stone Jonask had been playing fetch with before the bronze pair came down. "She does have good manners though, which is one thing I was surprised to find. She's really polite and sweet."

Jonas contemplated the idea of getting a bite from Sobisk while he watched his gold try to explain tag to the bronze. Turning his gaze back to his new friend, which he figured was an appropriate title since they were both wherhandlers and had hit it off well. "A bite from that mouth would not be pleasant. Jonask nearly got me once when she accidentally tripped and I went to help her. She was in pain so it was a forgivable reaction, yet she still was all apologies." The incident he spoke of had occurred within the first week they were together, still working on their bond and communication. Now things were fabulous, at least for what Jo considered to be a new father and his rambunctious child. "Yeah, since Bonding I'd say my life is definitely Jonask. And I totally get what you are saying. There's nothing to mind because they're such genuine companions, and it actually is interesting work."
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down