Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
A Get better card (Malcolm) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

A Get better card (Malcolm)

2 posters

Go down

A Get better card (Malcolm) Empty A Get better card (Malcolm)

Post by Otania Mon Jan 04, 2010 10:19 am

IC Time: 11 AL, Month 11 mid spring, two weeks after the hatching. It is in the afternoon.
IC Setting: First outside then into Malcolm's room.

Ayana spread out her arms and gave a small yawn as she looked up into the sky. It looked very good today, after all today was meant o be a good day. Sfter a rather long check up Jase had let her go. Now she was no longer couped up in the infirmiry where she was scared and felt like she was going crazy. She took in a deep breath and filled her lungs with the sweet spring air. She looked up to where she knew Malcolm stayed. She missed him, even though it was only like yesterday when she last saw him. And this time she did see him. He was doing something to his brown Iorath. She whistled and Raimu came out of her hiding place and she chirped at her onwer, with the shiny necklace that Ayana had put on her in her mouth. Ayana laughed at how her green dragonet looked and started to walk towards the stiars that would take her to Malcolm's room. Raimu followed her. After Ayana had gone up the stairs and made a right she was at Malcolm's dorr that was opened a crack. she opened it up a bit more silently and squezzed through the gap with Raimu not that far behind her. Upon seeing Malcolm Raimu wandered up to him and gave him a warble that was her greeting to him. ayana stayed by the door and watched him. She sometimes just liked looking at him. He was so god damn handsome.

Last edited by Otania on Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

A Get better card (Malcolm) Empty Re: A Get better card (Malcolm)

Post by Hesper Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:24 am

'I told that silly green not to do it, but did she listen to me? No, of course not.' Iorath was rambling a bit to Malcolm as he held his right front paw up for Malcolm. Earlier the brown had been trying to help one of the newest dragons in learning to swim, but instead of listening to him she got scared and ended up scratching Iorath a good one trying to get out of the water.

Malcolm had had one of the doctors check out the scratch and he said it wasn't that bad. So they went back to their quarters where Malcolm was mending him up a bit. It was as he was finishing slathering on some ointment that Raimu came in and warbled at him in greeting. "Well hey there, Raimu." He said to the flit before turning around. Ayana was leaned against the door.

'Ayana, it is good to see you better.' Iorath said to her in an excited voice.

Malcolm smiled widely at her. "Oh my god, I can't believe it. You look beautiful. How do you feel? Are you allowed to be out and about now?" He ran up to her and gave her a gentle hug afraid of hurting her.

(if you still need this moved, let me know to where and I can move it for us.)
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:57 pm

(Nope it is fine, I just did not notice that the forum was moved around a bit, silly me XD)

Ayana was still a bit shocked to hear Iorath's voice in her head even though he had already talked to her a few times. "It is good to see you two, even though you are hurt. What did you do?" Ayana asked with a smile on her lips, she just could not help it. Being around the brown pair just made her so happy.

"And you look as handsome as ever. I feel a whole lot better now that I can see you guys again. Jase finally let me go, he had to keep me a bit longer becuase one of the other nurse's came in besides Jase and freaked her out. She got all defensive and opened one of the stitches. I got fixed up though. I just have to hold back on what Jase calls 'strenuous activity' and what I call fun." Ayana returned the hug, even though he made her feel more delicate than she really was with the gentleness of his hug. "Which means sadly no training or lovemaking for me for awhile." She sighed.

"I am sorry I was not there for you when you needed me the most." Ayana apologized, meaning the flight. "Spring picked the wrong time to sleep and now I feel bad that you are always there for me but I have not been there for you." She cuddled up to him slightly, wishing that she was not injured and could do more with him. Just spending time with him and Iorath. She wished that she had impressed already, fearing that she would not impress at all.

"I am not sure what to do now. The candidate program has been shut down which means I am no longer a candidate." Ayana sighed.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:43 am

Malcolm kept a good hold on her even though it wasn't a tight hold. It was just so good to see her in healthy color and looking better. "Oh him? He was helping one of the younger greens with swimming and the poor thing freaked and managed to scratch him a good one. He'll survive though."

'Yes, it is not a bad scratch, though it does hurt rather good. I am glad the healer has release you. Not over doing it is a good idea.' Iorath said making himself more comfortable.

"Please have a seat, Ayana. I would hate for Jase to yell at me for over taxing you the least bit." Malcolm said ushering her over to a comfy chair. "I know it'll be boring, but if it's better for you to not do those things than you should listen to them. Trust me, I was a nurse before I was a rider. Doctors generally know what they are talking about."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:45 pm

"Ah, I know how greens can be sometimes. after all I have two." Raimu gave a warble of agreement and a chirp could be heard from on Malcolm's ceiling. Ayana looked up, knowing that she would find her other green. Spring had been kepping an eye on Malcolm for awhile now. Ayana had been worried after her awful dream of him dying. Spring drifted down to Ayana's shoulder and curled up around her neck.

Ayana did as Malcom asked and took a seat. "I know they are and I trust Jase. He helped me before, even though his help seems wasted now. But that is besides the point. I will listen to Jase but that does not mean I am not alowed sit around and wish the next five weeks would pass faster." Ayana did wish that time would go faster but she could wait. "However it seems as soon as I get close to someone they get pulled away or I get pulled away from them. No offense Iorath, I am happy that you picked Malcolm. And I hope that one day I impress too but I don't think I will ever be able to stand again."
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:31 am

Malcolm laughed, "Don't worry, five weeks will pass before you know it. In the mean time you have a wonderful excuse to be lazy and not do a thing if you so wish. You could think of it as a sort of vacation." He wanted her to not feel so bad about being limited. As a small boy he had gotten very ill once and was bed ridden for two weeks. Sure it sucked, but he got better by doing what he was told.

"Hush now. Don't be silly. Life simply gets in the way sometimes. Instead of looking at in negatively look at it as an opportunity to something good. So no more talk of depressing things. You should be happy, you are no longer under the ever watchful eyes of Jase. I've heard he can be a stickler." Malcolm said.

'You would make a good rider, Ayana. I feel it in you. I would not give up so easily.' Iorath said for both of them to hear.

Malcolm's eyes lit up, "You hear that? And Iorath is supposedly what the new riders call a Searchrider which means he can pick candidates. Isn't that awesome?"
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:02 pm

"Vacation is nice but only if you actually have something you want to do. All I can really do is write but I am not too good at it. The best thing I did was a poem that I memorized." Ayana had memorized the poem off by heart. It was the best thing she had ever written but she did not few it as good. It was sorta depressing to hear.

"Well lets see, there was you and Otania who both impressed. In fact she still won't talk to me. Landon ended up getting caught in the blizzard a while ago, and now Adam impressed, but he is only a friend. I don't mind Jase watching over me though. It almost feels like he is an older brother or something. I am not sure why though." Ayana leaned her head back over the back of the chair. She looked at Iorath's multicolored hide. All the different browns seemed to match each other perfectly.

"Yeah I did. Good to know that not all dragons seem to hate me. That is very awesome but I think it is Jase's choice if I stand or not." Ayana thought that at least.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Malcolm nodded in agreement. "That's true. Still being waited on hand and foot is rather nice." He was trying to make her feel better about being so restricted, but he knew how difficult it was to not do anything. "I'm sure it's excellent. I'm lucky to be able to write the things I need to, let alone write something artsy."

"Jase, does sort of have that impression on people. I noticed it the short time I worked as a nurse. We didn't really work that many times together, but our paths crossed everyone once in awhile." Malcolm said thinking back to his nurse days.

"Well, you're still young. I wouldn't about it too much, though I know that's easier said than done. Jase would be the one to clear you, but now that Iorath's spoken they can't keep you from the sands forever." Malcolm said.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Tue Jan 12, 2010 7:14 am

"It stalks and creeps, the night.
Will it put up a fight?

It shines and protects the light.
But can I help with its plight?

It burns and tortures, the fire.
Can we stop its never-ending pyre?

It freezes us in time, the ice.
Can’t it ever just play nice?

It whirls and destroys, the air.
Can we ever compare?

It shakes and cracks, the earth.
Will we be in its hearth?

Even if it is the end,
Will you still be my friend?" she said out loud the poem that she had meorized by heart. "'The Many Questions' is what I called it."

"Not very good but the best thing I have written." Ayana remembered when he was a nurse. and the first time she had met him. She was training and she had had a very ugly bruise on her arm from the dummy she had used. she would miss training for awhile. It took her mind off of everything that bugged her.

"and even if he says I can't stand that does not mean I can't watch and then I still have a possibility to impress." Ayana wondered if she did impress what color would it be.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down