Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day*

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 Empty Re: Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day*

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:44 am

"I can't wait to see it." Trent said with enthusiasm. "Not to worry, I don't need much food to get by. Any food is better than no food, right?" He said with a grin. He really enjoyed teasing Emera, it was easy and she didn't take it seriously or personally. That was a blessing. He knew some women who took every little thing personally.

"So far the view is very nice." He said as they went along at a faster pace. He was a bit taken off guard as she leaned against him, but he didn't complain. "Yeah, ever since I was old enough to walk. My father is a huge dairy farmer back on earth. One of the top sellers in the state. I always knew that I would take after him and be a dairy farmer, but there was no use trying to start my own business and run against my dad. So I decided to move, of course moving to a different planet wasn't the plan at first. It's worked out though." He explained, then got a bit brave to let his arm rest on her shoulders.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day* - Page 2 Empty Re: Trent and Emera's Morning Out *next day*

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 14, 2009 2:10 am

"Yeah, it's a nice place." Emera commented. She nodded about him not needing a lot of food. Which is good, so she wouldn't have to worry about him too much, or eating a lot. She sometimes would forget to eat, if she's all into training her horses.

"Ah. I can see that you didn't want to compete with your father. I still continued to work with my neighbor, when I was growing up. I was young, so I wouldn't expect to take over, much less young I was training my drafts. I was riding horses, or you can call it, when I was an infant. I honestly don't remember when I starting wandering to my neighbor's. He always told me, if I didn't get seriously hurt when I walked through the stallion's pasture, he would not say a thing." Emera stated.

"Did you do anything to scare you parents while too young to venture out with the cows?" Emera asked.

She could tell now they were now starting on the gentle slopes, towards the ridgeline. The two drafts were enjoying themselves on the light load they had. Emera continued to lean against Trent, after all, she couldn't cuddle, as she was driving, so she could only lean against him. It would take a bit more before she could use her one hand for driving.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:49 am

Trent couldn't help but laugh thinking back to his childhood. 'Oh man, there was several times. I remember one in particular when I was around five. My mom was trying to get me to clean my room and I didn't want to. So I slipped out and ran to the barn. Stayed hid there for hours, just roaming and talking to the cows. Once it got about midnight I came out and back to the house. My parents were a mess. I wasn't allowed to leave my room for a week."

"So how about you? Do anything really scary to her parents?" He asked as he enjoyed how close she was to him. "We'll have to do this again soon." He said, thinking out loud.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:28 pm

"I don't think my parents were too concerned, but I think when I was younger, they have been. Then again, my parents were too busy to really notice." Emera stated.

It showed that she had little love for them. She considered her neighbor to be more like family, since she was often there, instead of her home, which was really place where she sleeps. Her waking hours were often with horses, and nothing else.

"Come think of it, I think my neighbor's were actually my parents. They were nice folks, doesn't punish to harshly for anything. Although, I don't think I was much of trouble maker, knowing that I won't get to ride the horses, if I did got into trouble." Emera stated.

She liked him, and figured that Trent is a nice man. She made sure the pair were indeed following the path that was made by her frequent use, and then put all four reins on one hand, while other would be free to do what ever she wished, which wasn't too much. She slowly seeing that they were indeed getting higher, but not at a steep slope.

"Is there a favourite you have among your surviving diary cows?" Emera asked.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:29 am

"As long as you were loved as a child. That's all that really matters, doesn't matter if it was by your neighbors or your real parents." He said trying to be comforting. He was lucky he had really awesome parents and it hurt him more than he realized when he left.

"Yes there is. Surprisingly the oldest cow of our herd managed to live through thread. Her name is Betsy, very original I know. She really doesn't produce milk now, but it's awesome that she is still around." He explained to her.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 15, 2009 2:44 pm

"Yeah, I'm glad. They were awsome." Emera said. She doesn't know if they were still alive or something. She does miss them, probably same as Trent with his family.

"Yeah, I like all of mine, Stormy just a handful, but seems that I can handle her, but I love these two. These two are really gentle. Well, Sunset does have his moments, but once he knows that he's not the boss. If I had to pick one, perhaps Morning Frost. She's frisky for most part, but she does calm down when asked for." Emera stated first.

"Well, perhaps she could be big mamas to all the new calves that'll be coming." Emera added about the oldest one. She wouldn't know if the cattle would do such thing she seen with horses.

She knew the draft pairs would know that there would be one trail, but she kept watch, just in case. The speed was nice, and she knew that it wouldn't be too long before they would reach the spot. She hoped that they would stay a bit here, and enjoy each other company without anyone else.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:43 am

"That's good to hear. These two sure do seem pretty calm and collected." Trent commented. "Sunset is a male, makes sense you'd have to show him whose boss first before he'd behave."

"Betsy's a bit softy, most of the time we have to run her away from the calves that aren't hers. It's not really a bad thing, but it makes the real mothers a bit angry." He explained to her.

"So how much longer till we get to this place? I'm getting a bit hungry already." He asked. Without thinking about it he started running his thumb in a circle on her shoulder.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:59 pm

"Actually, I had him since he was very young, so, he really thinks I'm his mother or something. The owner of the mare, allowed me to come and handle the baby from the moment he was born. Morning Frost is more the same, altho, it was a bit harder for her to handle when she gets into heat." Emera stated.

She thought about what would Betsy would do, if she was near a calf. She would have no idea absolutely, but come to think of it, sometimes the mares she had been around would nurse another mare's foal. But only if it was orphaned. She would not know about one that would do it when the mother's around.

"Would she try to nurse the calf?" Emera asked.

She went to try to see how much farther do they have. It would be probably be within a ten minutes, before they would arrive. She made sure her estimate was correct.

"It'll be about ten minutes. No more than that for sure." Emera replied.

She was saying more, in case that she would have to slow just enough, if she would have to slow them down. The ridgeline wasn't steep, nor the path went from one to another. She hoped Trent can last that long.

His rubbing made Emera relax. She scotted closer, but enough, where she could enjoy him more. She would do more, once they reached there, just she doesn't want the two draft to hurry along, and then stumble. She let out a happy sigh.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 21, 2009 10:04 am

"That's good. Animals you raise yourself always tend to be a lot friendlier than those that aren't." He commented. "She tries on some occasions, but she's pretty dry in the mild area so it doesn't do her any good. She is protective of them and that's good." He explained to her. "She's a good ol' girl. I might cry when she finally passes away."

Trent nodded enthusiastically. "Good. Ten minutes I can handle. Not that I'm not enjoying the ride. It's very relaxing and the company is wonderful." He said smiling at her. Honestly though he couldn't wait until she wouldn't have to worry about driving the horses and could just pay attention to him. Was that a bit selfish of him? Maybe, but he didn't care.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:14 pm

"Well, sometimes in the right hands, they are quite friendly, and understanding. Although, I have heard bad ones." Emera stated.

She was avoiding the bad ones, she listened about the old cow. Emera smiled, where she thought about the old cow trying to nurse. She would love to see it. When he mentioned about he could wait, she looked at him, and gave a huge smile. While she knew it wasn't much of a meal, she figured it would have to due. Next time, she would remember a full meal.

"Yeah, I like trips like this." Emera stated. She went to rest her head against him. She hoped that he doesn't mind, but with his arm around her, she figured leaning against him, he wouldn't mind. She was already liking this man. She hoped that nothing would cause them to go home early. "Good. I hope you can, because it'll be hard to get it. If I remember right, a short walk, should be a small stream we can use for water." Emera added.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 21, 2009 11:16 pm

Trent enjoyed her laying her head on his shoulder. It was nice and the warmth he felt from her was wonderfully nice. He took the opportunity to wrap his arms around her a bit tighter since she didn't seem to mind. "A short walk sounds fine. I could probably stand to stretch these legs a bit once we stop." He stated. He just couldn't wait to get there.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:15 am

Emera liked this, with him so close to her, where she could feel his warmth. There were no better place, than where she was, with Trent. Even though she only met him recently, just feels right being with him. She haven't really felt this at all, and thought it was wonderful feeling.

"Yeah. I hope you like the view much I do." Emera stated.

It was soon there, a flat area, which was enough for the horses to stand with the cart, and the pair can lie, sit, or what ever they want, and would not roll off the edge. Emera didn't get up yet, but she used the whip to anchor the reins. Only then, as she was looking for particular stones. Once she found them, she only then getting off, putting them on against the wheels, to let the draft know not to move while she was not in cart.

"I absolutely love the view." Emera stated, with happy sigh.

Since she mainly used it for training for normal weighted cart, it was a little shorter, but she didn't mind at all. It was also narrow, with smaller wheels. She had admitted with herself, that she has used it more than just training, but for trips like this, since it was a nice cart to begin with.

She took out a leather bag, and a smaller one, which held the bread. She then looked around, mainly waiting for Trent, also getting the second set of stones for the other side, as a precaution. She would wait for Trent to come off, so she could lead him to where the water source was.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 22, 2009 1:35 am

Trent sat up quickly as it was evident that they had reached the spot Emera had been talking about. She got off the cart and started putting stones behind the wheels so it wouldn't roll away. "The view is gorgeous." He stated as he too hopped off of the cart.

He stretched his hands up as high over his head as he could and let out a big yawn. The ride had been very relaxing and he hadn't realized how sleepy he had gotten. Now being up and active though he was starting to wake up a bit. "Well, m'lady. Lead the way to this beautiful spot." He said as he walked over to her and offered to take one of the bags from her.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:13 am

Emera smiled. She handed him the larger bag. She knew mugs are in there, as well as some things to sit down, although, if done right, someone could lie on it, or rather like four people comfortablely. She went to put her arm around him, to lead him that way. "First water, then we'll go sit at the best spot." Emera stated.

She lead him towards north-east, where the water can barely be heard. She knew it by memory. She only could hope that Trent wouldn't mind minor delay for some water, which she was thirsty. Emera knew it was only a few minutes walk from the cart. It was soon enough there was a little stream. It wasn't much, but it was enough to gather water from the clear stream.

"Here's the water. The mugs should be on top, with some plates. Then I'll show you the spot." Emera told Trent.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 22, 2009 2:19 am

Trent followed Emera to the small stream. This really was a beautiful spot and he didn't mind the walk at all. "Water sounds good. I'm a bit thirsty myself." He stated.

Soon enough they were at the small stream. "Wow, it's beautiful." He said as he started to open the pack and get out the mugs. He slung the pack back over his shoulder and then bent to get the water. "He filled them as full as he could. "Alright then. We've got water now unto that spot." He said cheerfully. At that moment his stomach gave a loud rumble and he blushed a little in embarrassment. "Guess we got here just in time. I think my stomach might eat me."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 22, 2009 4:57 am

"Yeah. I love it. I use it to train these two, and I'm thinking of with Stormy and Night Noise, with more lovely cart for them to pull, like carriage." Emera commented.

She went back towards the cart, seeing the two drafts resting in their harness. She then went to spot, where she has been keeping the trees short, so she could enjoy the view. It was far enough from the steeper edge, and that the world below them, as far as eye can see, were spread out.

"Here we are. My favourite spot." Emera said.

She could wait for him to put the furs down, but she doesn't mind that she would sit on the soft ground below. She loved this spot. Sometimes she would just take a horse, and enjoy the view. She was glad that Trent was enjoying it just as well.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Thu Jul 23, 2009 10:15 am

"I can see why it's your favorite spot." Trent commented. "Here let me put down these blanket for us to sit on. That way we won't get eaten up by bugs." He said as he pulled out the furs. Then he laid it out, fur side up, on the ground.

Trent sat down on the soft fur and patted the ground next to him to indicate that she should sit next to him. "Break out that food now, m'lady. I think it is time for a small brunch."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:05 pm

"Yeah. I keep triming the trees, carefully, of course, so that I can keep the view." Emera commented, while he went to put the furs down.

She settled down, taking the small bag that had the bread in, where she knew a couple loaves of bread in there. She took one, where she took a small bit off, and gave the rest to him.

"Yeah, I guess it's time to eat." Emera stated.

She took one of the mugs, and went to settle against Trent, similar way she did as they were heading up the ridgeline. Emera thought this place was much better with Trent around. She was all happy, and that she could keep eye on the weather, but looked to be nice all day.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:01 am

"Well, you're doing a wonderful job of it." He said with a silly smile. The fur throw was remarkable comfortable to sit on.

Trent graciously accepted the bread handed to him. "Thank you. This looks delicious." He said as he took a bite out of the loaf. The bread was very good and finely made. "Hm. Wish I would have thought to bring some cheese or tomatoes or something." He said around a mouth full.

When Emera leaned back against him, he put his arm back around her as if it was the most natural thing in the world. His heart did pound a bit as she leaned on him. Most girls he'd gone out with wasn't so cuddly, so he was quite sure what to do. Not that he was complaining, he was just a bit lost.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Fri Jul 24, 2009 7:34 am

"Thanks. I just hate to loose the view." Emera commented. She nodded about the bread. "I was in a bit of hurry, so I have forgotten a lot of things for us to eat. I think I forgotten, and made up the loss time, by getting there early enough to start on Morning Frost." She added.

She liked how his arm was around him. She took another bite of hers, and a sip of water. She couldn't help but to check on her two drafts, they were standing quietly, and she was pleased at that. Emera enjoyed this little private time, and it made it all the better to even thought of this place. She was glad that he seemed to enjoy it as well.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sat Jul 25, 2009 8:11 am

"Don't worry about it. I didn't think to grab anything else either. Besides this bread is good in and of itself." Trent said wanting to make sure she didn't feel bad for not getting more food.

Trent and Emera ate in relative silence, it wasn't an awkward silence though. Trent finished his bread and then he finished water with a smack of his lips. "Mm. That was good. My stomach is happy now." He laid his glass off to the side so it wouldn't be in his way. He took the moment to glance over at Emera, she was so pretty he thought. He couldn't help but let a small smile creep over his face. He took his arm from around her and laid a hand on her shoulder, then gently started giving her a massage.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Sat Jul 25, 2009 5:15 pm

Emera nodded. "It was good. Shall we save the other loaf for later then?" Emera asked. She finished with her piece. Water was done, and she went to reach over, to place hers next to his, so they would not be seperated. She then allowed to get more comfortable.

There, she wrapped an arm around him, where she relaxed against him. She was trying to think of anything to say to him. She petty much asked them last night. She enjoyed the massage, and it was relaxing her.

"That felt nice. You do normal massage?" Emera asked. She didn't need one, no, but she was wondering if he could.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Mon Jul 27, 2009 1:03 am

"Sure. Just in case we want to snack on it on the way back or something." Trent answered her. He was still a bit hungry, but his stomach was not yelling at him anymore so he was happy. "Maybe when we get back we can eat in the dining hall. I'm sure they'd have something made by now." He suggested to Emera.

"Me? Not really. When I was younger, back on Earth I'd always give my mom back rubs and shoulder rubs to help relax her. She always said I gave the best massages." He commented a bit proud of himself for his skill. "Here, let me give you a better one." He moved behind her and crossed his legs to get closer to her. Then he put his hands on her shoulders and started giving her a better, deeper massage. "How does that feel?"
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2