Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Squirrels! EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Squirrels! EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Squirrels! EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Squirrels! EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Squirrels! EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Squirrels! EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Squirrels! EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Squirrels! EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Squirrels! EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Squirrels! EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Squirrels!

Go down

Squirrels! Empty Squirrels!

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 15, 2009 3:01 pm

I'll do it by the first one, Kat.

She was used to the seeds that was left out fore the birds in the winter time. This year was especially cold. She showed up about late winter. I was gone then. When I came, I saw her within days. She didn't have a name, and she came daily. When we took the food down, and all were gone, and everything, she still came.

Kat would chittered and scolded me, for the food. Kat was named adptly so, that one pouring day, she was avoiding the rain coming off the roof, and the bird bath, and yet still try to get to the window shelf. It was funny, she was trying to shake all the rain that had fallen on her. I named her Kat, and watched her try to get to the bird seeds.

When she could, Kat realised there were none left, and she would chitter, either at the window, or door, until I would come, and there me and her have staring contest, and would chitter. I sometimes talked to her, and told her no, there's no more. I would also some times just ignore her. For about three times a day. Kat got ignored, and sometimes chased.

I even followed her under the carpot's roof, and there, she scoded me some more. I had to trap Kat, so I put a little bit for her to get used to, let her eat it, as well any birds that would come to eat it. The next load I did, I put the trap up, right on it. Just in time for her late evening meal before she leaves. I watched her go in, and started eatting, and my movement (to reset the trap) made her panic, and she triggered the trap!

Oh she was sooo pissed! She almost bit me, but she only got the metal from the trap. I was careful since then, holding, so that she could take her anger out on the squirrel trap, and make no damage. She ran off, like she couldn't wait to get away from me. I tossed her dinner out, so she could or another critter would.

It has been nearly a month without a squirrel problem. Skit, the second one. She (just found out) was able to feed herself, but it took her a few weeks before she found the bird seeds, and got into them. I caught her red handed, just about a week ago, getting into the bird seed. I couldn't do anything, and for about three days, I forgot to tell mama, until about Saturday, and I was able to perlion her money to buy for the container for the seeds.

And oh, she did this "Me? Did that?" look when I spotted her trying to move away from the bird seeds. I knew she did it! Nothing else! She made me mad at her! I had to trap her now. She had access to seeds she wasn't supposed to at all.

Well, just as mama came, I spotted Skit in the cage, with the seeds all over the place! She was not pissed, (which was disappointing on my part), but she was more or less afraid of us, which her name, Skit came about. She went up to the park that's not too close to home, but far for a squirrel, and have a lot of barriers to prevent her for following. (major one is the river)

Now that's it's all over, I think I can rest, until next one arrives.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum