Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
The flock just being lazy! (open) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

The flock just being lazy! (open)

2 posters

Go down

The flock just being lazy! (open) Empty The flock just being lazy! (open)

Post by Otania Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:01 pm

Time - Summer, early summer, 10 AL
Setting - Out by a small patch of trees. Lots of shade and it is rather warm but in a pleasant way.

Otania sighed as the pulsating heat practically drowned her. She may have been born in winter but she still loved the summer with it's deadly heat. She fell to the ground near a tree trunk and leaned on it. It was a good time to just be lazy. Her flitts, a brown and a blue, were hovering over her blue dragon, Verreth, as he landed and walked over to his rider so he could sit with her. He was getting pretty big, Tani guessed he was getting close to full grown. She sighed again and just sat there with the sun over her legs and patchworked on her face where the sun seeped through the leaves.

A perfect day isn't it Tani?

Almost Ver, I could possibly think of a thing or two to make it better, Tani replied through their mental link of impression. Verreth unfolded his wings and let them bask in the sunlight.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

The flock just being lazy! (open) Empty Re: The flock just being lazy! (open)

Post by Ridayah Tue Aug 25, 2009 2:58 am

Jen had finally gotten a day off; and it was a perfect day to be out. She had gathered her whole little flock, gotten Ginger set up in her carry bag, and set off out her quarters. She was tired of being in the bowl, and had made plans to wander out and about on the grounds.

Vindeth, Bluster, and Karee had taken to wing, soaring around and chirping loudly of their delight. Ginger had her head resting on Jen's shoulder, where Jen would often reach up and scratch it. The poor green, unable to fly, still loved going out.

For today she knew of a spot in the trees that would be great to rest and spend some time with her little pack, but it surprised her to find someone else there. A young girl, along with... one of the dragons! Jen's eyes went wide, but she called out, "Hello there! Would you mind some company?"
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:19 am

"Me?" Otania said with a wave of her hands towards herself. "A social butterfly mind some company? I have never heard of that." Otania said with a grin. "The only one who would mind out of my little flock would be Verreth and he is in too good of a mood to decline." Otania explained with a hand gesture towards her blue. She looked down and her blue's head in her lap before she said anything else. He was too happy that on of his inner membranes was half covering his eye. Tani stroked his head and that membrane completly covered his currently green eye.

I love the attention you give Tani.

"I am Otania, Tani for short, and this is my dragon Verreth and the two lumps on his back are my flits. The blue one is Sky and the Brown one is Earthquake. They are my trouble making duo. I see that you have dragonets, I think they are called. Sorry I haven't even given you time to tell me your names." Otania said with a chuckle.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:37 pm

"Tani, Verreth, Sky and Earthquake. Its nice to meet you all." The older woman looked around, found a spot, and began to sit down, pulling the harness pack off his back. "Its a pleasure to meet you, I am Jennifer Mirahza, but you can call me Jen. I'm a vet who works with the dragonets in particular, and these is my own little 'flock'. Just a moment and I will introduce you."

Jen took a minute settling herself down and remove the harness, unwrapping it from the green dragonet it housed. The green stepped out and churred, rubbing her head up against Jen's side and then looking around. It was easily visible that one of the green's wings was shattered and improper, which would explain why she had not come around with them like the rest of the dragonets.

Finally Jen sighed and smiled. "First, this little girl is Ginger. When she hatched her egg got kicked and it messed up her wing... and I took care of her and wound up bonding with her. I love her though; she is a sweetie. That over there," she said, pointing at the gold that was sniffing around some tree roots, "Is Vindeth. She was the first one I ever impressed. She is the one who runs things for me." Jen then pointed at the two bronzes whom were climbing up a tree, getting into the branches. "And those two clowns are Karee and Bluster. Bluster's the noisy one."

With a laugh she looked at the younger girl. "So, flocks have been introduced! Hopefully now all can be relaxed and go well."
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:40 am

Otania laughed at Jen's final statement. "I don't think I could be anymore relaxed." Verreth added his agreement by doing his pleasure hum. "Verreth agrees." She translated for him. Sky and Earthquake lifted up their heads in unison and Sky went near ginger and gently chirped at her as if to say 'Hi, can I check you out.' and Earthquake was being more noisy than Sky and tried to start a conversation with the bronzes. Sky was more interested in the green and the gold. Verreth's eyes were a happy light blue that went well with his blue hide.

Her dragonets seem to like her alot. Verreth stated.

"That is because they impressed to her like you did to me you silly goof." Tani said with a chuckle, then so that she did not seen creepy she turned back to Jen. "Verreth said that your dragonets like you alot."
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Jen smiled at the words from the younger girl. "Well thank you, Verreth, for telling me! Its nice to know that their little signs of affection are because they like me, and I like them right back. In fact," She added with a grin, "I tend to spoil them rotten."

She watched from the tree as Ginger chirped back to Sky, welcoming the flit's attention. She walked around him, inspecting the smaller cousin. The bronzes had no such compunctions and were already looking at Earthquake, chatting back animatedly with them. Vindeth had come back, and was getting headscratches from Jen. "You know, you are the first rider I have met."
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:22 pm

Spoil them rotten? Is that good or bad?

Otania had to luagh at that. "Sorry but Verreth wants to know if 'Spoil till rotten' is a good thing or not." Otania had to wipe a tear of laughter from her eye.

Ver She ment she treats them very well. It is a good thing.

Oh. I understand now.

"I am the first rider you have met?" Otania looked puzzeled. "I guess the riders stick mostly to themselves then." Otania guessed.

Sky waited patiently as Ginger inspected him. Sky started to sniff lightly at her wing and started to hop like Ginger did as to not make her feel like she was not losing out on flying. Earthquake saw the gold and did a quick circle about her in a flirtative way.

She is way to big for you. Otania sent mentally.

Earhquake just went back to the bronzes and chatted back. Otania could not tell what he was saying but it sounded something like do you like fish? I love fish. I could eat fish all day long. I could actually eat anything all day long!'
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum