Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Too cold too sleep((tag MAX))

2 posters

Go down

Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) Empty Too cold too sleep((tag MAX))

Post by Delimar71 Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:46 pm

Tiaholt was still freezing even though Arikyu and Boop both tried to keep her warm. She was trying to sleep in the dead of night. Under 4 thick and furry blankets, she was still cold! It was impossible to keep warm during the night.

"I can't sleep..its too cold! I need something else to keep me warm." She got up and sat in the bed. She wished she had slippers so she could go get some warm klah to warm her insides. She had to robe either. She decided to try. Once her toe hit the stone floor, she shivered.

"AHHHHHHH!!!!" That floor was cold! Arikyu rumbled and Boop whimpered at Arikyu. The dragonet crooned at Tiaholt. Tiaholt smiled and rubbed her eye ridges.

"It's too cold, baby." Tiaholt replied. Boop was shivering and Arikyu scooted over and but her left wing over the canine and snuggled him closer to her. Tia smiled. They looked so cute!

Last edited by Delimar71 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dragonet's can't talk, just portray emotions..)
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Too cold too sleep((tag MAX)) Empty Re: Too cold too sleep((tag MAX))

Post by Namara Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:27 am

Max was wandering the halls at night, like he often did when he couldn't sleep. He wandered in a new area of the Cadidates quaters he had never been in before. He noticed that a light was on in a room at the end of the halls. He walks over to it and knocks on the door. He isn't sure why he is knocking, but he wants to meet who ever is up at this hour of the night. He shuffles his feet while he waits to see if anyonw will open the door.

He shivers and almost drops his ever present sketchbook and pencil. His Baby Dragonet is sound asleep back in his room. He wishes he could just float off to sleep so easily.

"Hmmm....I wonder Who lives in this one."
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:07 am

Tiaholt heard the knock.

"Come in, its open!" she called. He tried the stone floor again and once more she shrieked. "Oooooo, that's tooooooo cold!" Shivers went down her spine. She /really/ needed to get some slippers but she nothing to trade for them. She sighed of frustration and somewhat growled. She can't get up because the stone floor was too cold, she couldn't get back to sleep because it was too cold, even under four heavy blanket!! Nothing worked.

Tiaholt was tired but it was too cold to sleep....she wished she was used the cold. You'd think being for Earth, from New York, she'd be used to the cold...but this, this is ridiculous!
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:33 am

When he heard the voice telling him to come in, He opened the door and stepped inside.

" Hello, my name is Max, its nice to meet you. I ws just wandering around and I saw that your light was on and I wondered what anyone would be doind up so late at night. It is pretty cold though. Aww, What a cute dog you have, would you mind if I drew it? I'm an artist you see..."

Without waiting for an answer, he flips to a blank page in his book and starts to sketch Boop. Within a few short moments he has the outline and features done, The dog has a playfully cute expression.

" Here, What do you think about it..Oh and by the way, What your name?"
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:33 am

"Tiaholt." she growled as she was shivering cold. "Your telling me...I can't sleep because its too cold, I can't get out of bed....too cold and I don't have anything to trade for warm slippers and a nice robe! She slept naked and she covered herself out of respect for the young man. "Wish I could get warm...that's my canine, Boop and my baby dragonet, Arikyu. You may draw the both of them if you like."
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:25 am

Max slips his slippers off. He hand them to Tiaholt, smiling as he does so.

"Here, you can have these. I have another pair back in my room so I don't really need them. As exchange for letting me draw these cute little pets"

He flips the page and begins to Draw Arikyu, noting how different she looks compared to his own dragonet. Shinrin is much smaller, and a forest shade of green.

" I have a little dragonet as well, Her name is Shinrin. Boop, thats a really cute name. He's a really nice canine, didja bring him from earth?"
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:03 pm

Tiaholt reached out for his slippers. As she was doing so, she touched his hand. She blushed and cleared her throat. She slept in a ragged, soiled, drab old night gown with holes in it. It was the only night clothes she had and she hated it.

"Boop? No, my mother traded him for something when we got here." She said in a thick New York accent. "Its quite a change from Earth. I still can't grasp the idea of no marks, yet. You know, you'd think being from NY, I'd be used to this cold. The snow, yes...the cold, no. It's freezing! This gown isn't helping either! Blast! What do you do to warm up in this place?"
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:28 am

He laughed, and finished drawing.

" Going for a run is a good way to warm up! .yeah, its gets really cold here. Is your family here as well? Mine died Awhile back, so I live all alone on pern, without anyone to look after me! Its not so bad though"

His expression turned sad for a few seconds when he mentioned his dead family, but quickly reverts to his normal smuile.He flipped his sketchbook closed and sat down on the cold floor.

" so your from New york? What was it like, Im from Canada~ Its a wonderfull place. Im used to the cold as well, I lived in a northern Town."
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Tue Dec 01, 2009 2:13 pm

"Yes, I am. I lived in the countryside, not many people there. I wish I could remember it, left there when I was 5. My mother's here. She got assigned to be on one the datd collection teams. My dad...well...he -uh left and never came back. He's here somewhere. I don't care too much about him. He was never a very good one. He was on of those deadbeats as soon as we got here. It sucks. I'm thristy. Don't they have anything besides water to drink?" She asked.

Arikyu woke up hungry. She started to give out a small wail.

"What's your name?" she asked. She got up to feed her. "Now remember to chew this time, alright?" she told her. She had the meat pre-cut just for this. She feed her piece by piece until full.

"There you are, nice and full, are we?" Tiaholt asked her. Arikyu nuzzled her a thank you and snuggled up to Boop and she heard Boop whimper with contentment and Ari purr. She smiled and sighed. "I'm so glad they get along so well. When I brought her home, Boop and her hit it off beautifully."
she said.

Last edited by Delimar71 on Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:34 am

"Oh, thats cool. My name is Max, Its really nice to meet you. I don't remember too much about my past, I was pretty young. I do have this interesting burn on my palm."

He rolled up his sleeves and showed her the cross shaped burn on his left palm.

"Weird, eh? Thats good your pets get along. So what kind of stuff do you like to do? Im an Artist and everyone thinks im a ditz as well. do you mind if i pet your canine?"

He smiled at her and reached out to pet the dog. He ruffled the fur a bit and smiled some more. He was glaad to have met this person and had got to know her a bit.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:13 am

Arikyu awakened. She did a half-glide towards Max and loved up on him. She purred.

"I /really/ have to train her but I don't know how." Tiaholt looked at the burn mark. "Yeah. I don't think that. I think you are a nice looking young man." she winked at him. Boop grumbled with pleasure and turned and tummy up. Tia laughed at the situation. It was so cute. It was rare that Boop did that.

"He likes you." She smiled and chuckled.

Last edited by Delimar71 on Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : dragonet's can't talk, just portray emotions..)
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:26 am

He blushed a bit and looked down embarrased when Tiaholt called him a nice looking young man.

"Ahahaha,, you think so? Im always called weird cause my evercheerful personality and ditzyness. He does, Thats cool, I like him so its all good. hmmm, Shinrin is a bit like that."

He rubbed Boops tummy more. He felt right at home with this girl and her pets, well maybe that was he felt right at home with almost anyone.

"I got that burn from when my house burned down on earth, when i was a young kid. I had some more burns but they are almost completely gone. Would you like to keep this picture?"

He held out the picture of boop and Arikyu.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:20 pm

"Down, Ari. Down, girl." She said sternly. Arikyu made a roar of protest and stayed on his lap anyway. "Down, NOW!" Tiaholt said more sternly. Arikyu protested once more and growled at her. She knew how to train a canine....but a dragonet?

"Boop, get her down." Boop gruffed and moved off the bed and approached Ari. He yipped at her. Ari still would not get down. He yipped at her again to get down. After several tries, Ari sighed and eventually got down.

"I am sooooo sorry about that." She smirked at him. "I can see why she didn't get down right away."
Then at Arikyu,

"No treat for you this morning." Arikyu growled and sighed. She was obviously unhappy. She flickered her tail from side to side, showing her irritation.

"That's pretty good. Yes I would thank you." Tiaholt complimented.
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:32 am

Max smiled and laughed as Tiaholt struggled to get Akiryu to listen. He places the picture down beside Tia and closed up his sketchbook.

"Ahaha, she's so cute. She'll learn when she is older, I bet. Are you still cold? I could get something warm to drink? I forget the name of that stuff...Everytime"

He laughs at his inability to remeber what Klah is called, and then stops and continues to smile.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Sat Dec 12, 2009 4:02 pm

Tiaholt kissed Max's cheek.

"You're cute. I could see why Arikyu didn't want to get dow, I wouldn't either." She smiled. "Yes, I am still cold. I think its Klah around here. No worries. I don't think your a ditz just because you forget things. I forget too.....a lot. I /really/ miss pizza! I wish Pern had some. What do you miss from Earth?" she asked. "The sweetrolls aren't bad but they are in no comparision to Earth's pizza."

Tiaholt licked her lips as her stomach growled. "Do you want to get something to eat?"
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:28 am

Max blushed a deep red when Tiaholt kissed him on the cheek and called him cute. He had never really had stuff like this happened before. He had been called cute by many people, But no one had ever kissed him, even on the cheek.

"I-i-i...Yeah thats it. Klah..And yeah im hungry.. Wanna me to go and get some food? Yeah, I miss pizza and my moms baking...."
Maz stammers and bolts off to get some food. He returns a few moments with a couple peices of bread and some Klah.

"Here we go, Some food and warm Klah."
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:49 am

Tiaholt smiled and chuckled he bolted for the door and then come back.

"Thank you. You are so sweet." she smiled. She took the bread and the klah. She smiled again as she took a bite of the her bread and chuckled.

"You have a Klah moustash!" Tia laughed and emptied her mouth and sipped the Klah.
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:32 am

Max laughed when he realized he had gotten Klah all over his face.
He wiped it away with the back of sleeve. He finished up his peice of bread and smiled

"Well that was good. Mmmm, The bread here is so good."

He Finshed of his cup of klah as well and pulled out his sketcbook agian and began to sketch Tiaholt. He caught her amused expression quickly with a few strokes of his pencil.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:32 am

Tiaholt stood still when Max drew her. She was honored to have him sketch her. It didn't bother her one bit. Actually she enjoyed his company. She had finished her Klah and the bread.

"Yes, they do. I wish they had delivery here. I'm craving a NY pizza right now. Herdbeast stew isn't bad either. Guess my favorite would be roast duck. I love how the season things here. So yummy! Think I should be cook." she chuckled.

Tia smiled at Max and took his hand again. "I like your company." She kissed the back of his hands.
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:33 am

Max blushed when tiaholt kissed his hands, he was not used to thi. People had called him cute, no one had ever done something like this. He enjoyed her company as well, and wondered what he had gotten himself into. He carefully closes his sketchbook.

" Do you want to keep the picture, or should I?"

He smiled cheerfully, still blushing a bit.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:20 pm

"Keep it. To remember me by." Tiaholt yawned. "Will you stay, please? We'll not do anything. You can take the extra cot if you choose to stay. Boop heard this and playfully gruffed and Arikyu warbled, happily. "Oh no, you can't. That's right, you have a blue dragonet. You can't leave him alone." She seemed disappointed. "I like you Max. You're cute but I'll respect your wishes and not lay a hand on you unless you want." She caressed his face.
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Mon Dec 28, 2009 12:51 pm

Max smiled as he felt his Green dragonet wake up, and her cheerful emotion as it flew into the room, and sat on his shoulder.

"Well, well. She woke up. Looks like i may be able to stay after all, ahahaha I don't think i would be able to walk all the way back anyways. I'll keep the picture then."

He Blushed as she toched his face and stuttered his next words. He had no idea what he ws doing, but he would give it a go anyways.

"Y-y-ou can if y-you w-w-ant to..."
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:14 pm

Tiaholt considered kissed him on the lips but that would make this boy blush even more. She chuckled for a moment.

"Relax, Max. I wouldn't make a move on you until I know you better, if that okay. I must restrain myself." she growled in frustration. "I am lost in this strange world. I don't understand this dragonrider connection. I guess I will understand more if I Impress." She leaned in and gave him a kiss on the cheek. You can sleep over on the extra bed over there. I promise I won't do anything that will make you feel uncomfortable."

Arikyu crooned a greeting at her sister.
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:23 pm

Max sighed in releif, that he wasn't going to make a fool out of himself. He petted shinrin and tiredly got to his feet and walked over to the spare bed, still blushing but not as bad as before. He yawns and curls up on the bed.

"Good-nght then...and thank you..."

Within moments he was sound asleep. With Shinrin curled up next to him.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Delimar71 Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:04 pm

"Good night, Max. Your welcome." She smiled as she was used to another person sleep in the room with her. Arikyu mewed and yawned and made a easy glide up to Tia's bed and curled up by Boop and they fell asleep.

Tia thought about being a dragonrider and was excited about it. She wanted to learn all there was about being one. She smiled and closed her eyes and finally falling asleep.

~~Done
Delimar71
Delimar71

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum