Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara)

2 posters

Go down

Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) Empty Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara)

Post by Hesper Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:04 am

IC Time: winter, month 9
IC Setting: Afternoon, clear day, very cold, the lake

'Why oh why, do you pick the coldest of days in the winter to be bathed?' N'nyk asked freezing his proverbial tail off as he shivered atop his dragon's back. They were making the short drop from their quarters to the lake. N'nyk couldn't believe he had been talked into this, but he had felt guilty the last few days for not being able to pay more attention to his dragon since he was helping the new riders plan for thread.

'It's not my fault my hide has decided to crack now. Perhaps if you would have bathed and oiled me sooner...' Sylonth retorted, playing the guilt card like a pro. He really wasn't trying to be mean to N'nyk, but he was horribly itchy and a bath would be a welcome respite. It would be good for his rider to get out anyways.

'Oh you're right. You don't have to rub it in. Let's just make this fast, okay. I'll oil you back at our quarters. It's warmer there.' He said as they landed next to the lake. Lucky for him the water of the lake was at least warm, so he wouldn't freeze in the water. Once he got out though....

Sylonth allowed enough time for N'nyk to hop off and then he slowly walked into the water. He didn't want to upset his rider by splashing him. 'The water feels very good. You should come on in. It's warmer in here than it is out there.' He suggested.

With a heavy sigh N'nyk stripped off his out clothes and started into the lake. Sylonth was right at least the water was warm. He got out the cleaning supplies he brought and started scrubbing. Hopefully this would not take long at all.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) Empty Re: Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara)

Post by Namara Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:48 am

Kaimry was walking outside towards the Therma lake to Give Syllath a good bath. Although, Why in the world she hasd to choose the day that had to be the coldest yet, she didn't know.

'Its because your very dumb sometimes, Kaimry...very very dumb.' said Syllath rather carelessly. She flicked her dark green tail as she flew above Kaimry.

"Pffff..Am not an idiot...I just have bad timing okay? Brrr..Its so cold today..Better get to that lake fast, before I freeze."

Kaimry bolted down to the Lake as fast as she could run, Syllath gliding above her. She was about jump into the lake when she noticed some one and their blue dragon in the lake already.

'Oh, its one of those Future riders. And his blue...Hmm...' Syllath was plotting something as she set down in the water.

"Gah...Hey there~ Mind if I clean up Sylly here?" Kaimry called out to the blue rider
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara) Empty Re: Winter winds and warm waters (tag Namara)

Post by Hesper Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:27 am

N'nyk was just finishing scrubbing up one of Sylonth's front legs when Bracken popped over head and screeched loudly. "Hey watch it, tiny one. No need to startled us." He scolded his young bronze dragonet. The bronze had been asleep in their quarters last N'nyk had checked. Apparently Bracken hadn't been too happy when he woke up and his owner and giant cousin was gone.

As if that startle wasn't enough, Sylonth let out a loud bugle of welcome without warning. 'Jeez, guy. You trying to deafen me?' N'nyk asked, covering his ears.

'I'm sorry friend. We have guests. One of the pretty little greens and her riders. I think it's adorable how little these dragons are.' Sylonth said. The blue loved greens anyhow, but for some reason the small statue of the first pass greens absolutely thrilled him. 'Hello there young one. Please join us.'

N'nyk waved his hand in greeting to Kaimry. "We don't mind at all. Come join us in the warm water." He said to her.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:18 am

Kaimry smiled as she entered the water. It was sooo Warm anf felt so good agianst her cold skin. Syllath had landed in the water, closeish to the blue. She waded over there and started to clean up Syllath.

"My name is Kaimry, Its nice to meet you. Your blue is pretty big. Are you one of those future riders? You must think our Dragons are pretty puny. Ans Syllath is the littlest of the greens fro mthe last hatching."

'Just because I am little does not mean that I cannot Fly and be better that those high-on-their-horses Golds.' Syllath said in a Determined Tone. She twichted her tail, splashing Kaimry.

"You silly thing. Well, At leats the water is warm. She really doesn't like the golds much, She hates high-and-mighty personalities. She tipped a gold over when she hatched. It was pretty funny."

Kaimry shook her head And pushed her now soakig wet, black hair out of her eyes.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:24 am

N'nyk smiled, "It's nice to meet you Kaimry. My name is N'nyk and this is Sylonth and yes we are from the second pass." He replied to her as he moved on to his blue's tail. "Sylonth here isn't that big for my pass, but yeah compared to your's he's a bit of a giant." N'nyk slapped his blues hide affectionately since he knew Sylonth would be eating the compliment up.

'Hey, I'm not even that small for our era.' He said to his rider then turned to Syllath. 'Of course it doesn't young one. I'm sure you are sight to behold in the air.'

N'nyk laughed. "I'm sure that was a sight to behold. There were a few greens like that from my time. I must say my Sylonth has always preferred the greens to the golds, not that he'd even try and chase one."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:20 pm

Kaimry laughed.

"He is a big one compared to Syllath..and probably most of the other greens and blues here. So is the future interesting? I bet it is..Dont tell me though...I'll find out I think.."

She patted Syllath's tail and began to scrub her down, Whistling as she did so.

'Thats the spot, right there Kaimry-mine. Now a little higher..' Syllath said happily.

Kaimry sighed dramitically and continued to srub.

"So..He likes greens more than golds? Thats interesting. Im not fond of the golds myself, It wasn't a favorite colour of mine."
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:25 pm

N'nyk moved to the other side of Sylonth to complete scrubbing on that side. He found a particular spot that was really dry and flaky. 'Jeez, bud. You should have told him how bad this spot was.' He scolded his dragon.

'I tried to tell you, but you were so busy with the thread charts and the drills. I don't blame you though. Those things needed to get done.' Sylonth explained.

"Not as fascinating as you think. We don't have near the technology you guys have still, but I won't ruin anything for you." N'nyk said, thinking it funny she didn't want to know. Half the reason he came back to the past was to see what it was like.

"Yeah, he's always been that way. Not that a blue would have a chance catching a gold or crimson like Avoneth. He just likes the attitudes of the greens better I guess." N'nyk said as he stole a look over at the girl. "Really? Most girls from my time want the gold more than anything. In fact a lot of greens are starting to impress to males more so than females."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down