Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike]

2 posters

Go down

Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] Empty Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike]

Post by Arielle Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:40 pm

IC Time: Three days after Delanth's maiden flight, month 9, midafternoon
IC Location: just outside the Infirmary

Morganath twitched in his sleep. It had been a few days since golden Delanth's maiden flight and both dragons had managed to get themselves near enough the infirmary to be comfortable and treated with proper care. Bandages still adorned the bronze's chest and belly and his hide itched as it healed, but luckily there was some numbweed from the past. Still all of that went to Delanth for her wing and her eye and Morganath was happy to go without it to ensure that she would heal and that the babies they had created would be healthy enough to find their lifemates. He was one bronze who generally had a high interest in his offspring until they were done with weyrlinghood, and even after they'd graduated he would acknowledge them if required. It was a trait that always amused his rider M'urn.

Looking over to Delanth with whirling eyes of green-ish yellow, Morganath stretched out his wings before resettling himself. Sweet Delanth, how are you feeling? He hoped she was doing alright and if she wasn't, the bronze felt no qualms about calling a healer or two out to tend to her. As for hismelf, Morganath's chest hurt, and the bandages pulled sometimes, but his wounds were no where near as terrible as his golden queen's. His one regret about the whole affair three days ago, beyond the things he couldn't control like Airliath's Rising, was that he could not have made Delanth's maiden flight any longer than it had been.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] Empty Re: Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike]

Post by Hesper Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:02 pm

Delanth felt like she was dying, she knew she wasn't, but some how she figured that dying felt this way. Everything hurt from her nose down to her forked tail. It all hurt. She didn't want to move and the bandages covering her wounds only irritated her. At least there was the wonderful numbweed to help some with the pain. The thing that hurt her the worst of all however was the fact that her wing would never be the same again and she probably wouldn't see out of her injured eye again.

She was no longer a true queen. True queens could fly, they could see perfectly. They weren't the shambled mess that she was now. At least she had won the battle, she assured herself. She had proven to be the stronger queen. Her mate, Morganath hadn't left her side yet. She appreciated that, though she'd never tell him. 'I feel awful. I no longer have the grandeur of a true queen. I might as well have a green hide, that's how useful I am.' She said sourly. She hid her face with her forearms, being careful not to hit her bad eye.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike] Empty Re: Tarnished Gold [tag: Hesper's Delanth/Sashike]

Post by Arielle Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 pm

Morganath crooned to Delanth after she had replied, concerned with how self-deprecating she was. Of course she was still a queen! Her hide was as gold as any other's and certainly more lustrous than the queen she had killed for her males. Reaching out to touch her side gently, he tried to comfort her. Oh, golden Delanth, you are and will always be a queen. It is not simply a dragon's hide that determines whether or not she is a queen or a green. The bronze stretched out his tail to lay it side by side with hers. He thought of how Avoneth was a queen though she was not a gold and decided that this might be a good way to comfort his golden queen. Of course, she'd also struck ferociously at Airliath when the other gold had tried to steal her thunder and bringing up the crimson queen might make Delanth touchy about the mother dragon from the future. So in the end he decided against speaking of his wingmate.

You are more useful than any green could ever hope to be, sweet Delanth, Morganath went on instead. You are the mother of all of Pern's future. Even now, you carry a clutch of eggs that will grow to be strong and skilled fighters of Thread. Never fear that you have lost your place as a queen, not for your beauty. You still have that in plenty. Extending his awareness into the Infirmary behind them, he searched for the mind of a healer to tend to Delanth. There were undertones of pain in her words. Not quite finding anyone skillful enough to suit his needs or Delanth's, Morganath decided to search out her rider.

When he found Sashike's mind, Morganath brushed it gently, keeping his request short and shielded from Delanth so as not to upset her. Delanth requires some more numbweed. You might be best to apply it. And then his presence was gone from her mind as quickly as it had come, the bronze's complete attention fully on the gold dragon beside him now.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:41 am

Sashike had taken up a cot in the infirmary to be closer to her dragon. She wished that she could sleep outside with her, but she knew that wasn't practical and would only end up with her getting sick. She was feeling better now that a few days had gone by sense the flight. She still couldn't believe that had happened, that Airliath and Ravana was gone and it was in part her own gold's fault. Thank goodness there were so many people there to help afterwards. She herself was a bit sore from her own experience with M'urn. She didn't blame him though, she should have known better than to wait till Delanth's maiden flight to loose her virginity.

"Delanth requires some more numbweed. You might be best to apply it" She heard lightly in her head. It was Morganath and apparently her dragon was keeping things from her again. Delanth was bad at doing that these last few days. Sashike really wished she would come out of it. 'Okay, I'll be there quick.' She got some of the numbweed from one of the workers and came out to her dragon.

"Here lovey. Let me put some more of this on you." Sashike said. The last time one of the doctors had tried treating Delanth she had almost snapped at him.

Delanth had relaxed a bit as Morganath cuddled around her some. His words helped a lot as well. Did much to smooth her very wrinkled ego. 'Thank you, Sashike. I am hurting. Morganath is a very good companion though. I made a good choice didn't I? Our babies will be healthy and strong.' Delanth said for both Sashike and Morganath to hear. It was the first time she had sounded unsure of herself.

"Of course my dear. Your babies will be the best to hatch yet. No worries, I promise." Sashike said, starting to rub numbweed onto Delanth's wing.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:33 am

Morganath rumbled his appreciation at Delanth's compliments. He had no need for ego boosts, but it was always nice to hear that he was appreciated. Raising his head, he watched Sashike take care of her dragon. Though in the Past he'd never actually fought Thread (though no one from this time knew that) Morganath had experienced the typical injuries a hard working dragon received. And when he was hurt, M'urn always took care of him, much the way Sashike was catering to Delanth right now.

Lifting one forepaw, the bronze nudged his bandages lightly. He was trying to scratch the itch of his healing hide without pulling the bandages and making the injuries worse than they had been. Of course they will be, sweet gold. Settling comfortably close to Delanth Morganath simply relished being near the queen he'd flew and the offspring he had sired, even though they were not yet hardening on the Sands. Soon they would be though and when they were, he would take up a guardian position above the entrance to the Cavern. Protecting his children and the future of Pern.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:47 am

Delanth crooned happily as the numbweed started working. She moved closer to Morganath feeling a little sleepy all of a sudden. She knew she had a big job to do soon. Clutching new life was a serious matter and in her condition she didn't want to do anything to harm them. If anything happened to her babies she would track Airliath down out of between and kill her all over again. 'Sashike, love. Morganath is hurting to. Would you give him some of that numbweed.'

Sashike turned to the dark bronze. "Are you hurting badly, Morganath? Delanth wants me to give you some of the numbweed. Would you let me give you some?" Sashike asked the bronze, feeling a bit odd for talking to another rider's dragon.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Mon Dec 21, 2009 9:00 am

Morganath gave a low croon when Delanth cuddled closer to him. He could feel the stress leave her muscles as her pain faded away. Hopefully she'd be able to get back on her feet soon; Delanth would definitely need to be able to make her own way in to the Hatching Sands to Clutch, when the time came. When Sashike was done with her gold, the bronze noticed her turn towards him and ask if he wanted any numbweed.

Morganath looked down at Sashike, her pot of numbweed open in hand. He contemplated her offer. His chest was sore, but mostly itchy...still, numbweed was good at getting rid of itch and it did enhance healing, so he decided to accept the offer. Not terribly. Mostly my injuries itch, but numbweed would be wonderful, just as long as there is still enough for Delanth to heal properly. He rose up, careful not to jostle Delanth with his readjustment. Turning about so that he was squared off with Sashike, he lowered himself so that she could get at his bandages.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:43 am

Delanth moved also so he would jar her any. Not that she would feel it now even if he did. 'I will be fine. Do not worry so much, Morganath. My wounds will heal fast. I won't allow myself to be down for too much longer for I have a clutch to lay.' She informed both of them, not really liking all the mothering they were doing.

Sashike bowed to the bronze before getting closer to him. She was smart enough to know to be respectful to others dragons. She tenderly moved his bandage aside to reveal the wound. It was a good wound, Morganath was very lucky he had moved when he did. Otherwise Airliath might have killed him. Softly she smoothed some numbweed onto the wound and replaced the bandage. "There. That feel better?"
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down