Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Feeding time (Open) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Feeding time (Open) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Feeding time (Open) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Feeding time (Open) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Feeding time (Open) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Feeding time (Open) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Feeding time (Open) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Feeding time (Open) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Feeding time (Open) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Feeding time (Open) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Feeding time (Open)

3 posters

Go down

Feeding time (Open) Empty Feeding time (Open)

Post by Otania Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:19 am

Ayana had jusy started to get hungry as she walked into the dining cavern with Spring who was complaining she was hungry and flying around Ayana's head.

"Okay, Okay i'll feed you," She said as she grabbed Spring from mid-air to hold her still. "And doing that well only make you hungier, so stop." She then let Spring go so she could land on her shoulder. She then asked for some klah, a sandwich and some meatrolls. When she Got her food she sat down at an empty table and started to feed Spring while having a few bites herself.

"What am I going to do with you when you get too fat to carry?" Ayana asked her green affectionaly. Spring just sent her a mental image of herself flying and flying and never stopping.

"True you fly to much to get fat." She laughed.

Last edited by Otania on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:26 am; edited 1 time in total
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Feeding time (Open) Empty Re: Feeding time (Open)

Post by Hesper Tue Jun 30, 2009 5:25 am

Tabitha had just gotten off or work, as usual. She was starting to lighten up a bit and not work so much of the time. She still hadn't made any really close friends yet, but she was starting to get to know her coworkers a bit better, at least know them more than just what they did at work.

Her stomach rumbled loudly before she had left their office space and she had been laughed at thoroughly. After some friendly ribbing she was told to go home and eat, but she didn't feel like eating alone in her living quarters so she headed towards the dining area. She stood in line with everyone else and then got her plate and filled it with food and something to drink.

This time of the day the dining room was a bit crowded so finding a seat was difficult. Finally she spotted one where a girl she didn't know was already sitting feeding her firelizard. Not being an unsocial person she walked up to the table. "Excuse me. Mind if I sit here? There's not much open at the moment."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:02 am

Ayana did not realize some one had asked her a question until Spring chirped at her.

"Certinalty you may," Ayana stuttered "It does seem busy." Spring then took what was left of the meatroll and ate it in one bite.

"Don't be a little pig Spring, you know better," Spring then started chirping and sounding like she had heard this speech one times to many. "It is not going to be my fault if you get fat." She then concentrated more on her food.

"By the way my name is Ayana, but some people call me Ay or Aya." She said to the stanger.

Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jun 30, 2009 12:21 pm

"Thank you very much Aya." Tabitha said as she sat down. "My name is Tabitha, but most people call me Tabby. It's very nice to meet you." She then began to eat some of the food she had gotten. It was pretty good food, meat loaf with steamed veggies. A roll on the side with butter was also given with the meal.

"That's a beautiful green firelizard. Spring is her name? She's quite gorgeous. Those little critters intrigue me, though I've never had the time for one of them myself." She said making idol conversation. "I don't believe we've ever met before. What type of work do you do?"
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:41 pm

"Yes this little one is my Spring," Spring chirped a greeting to Tabby. Ayana then finished her mouth full so that she could speak.

"No we haven't, I am an early education teacher really. Even though I do not look like the person to do that but the children and the firelizards seem to like me. That and I am also a candidate for the dragons when they hatch." Now there was something her parents would be proud of.

She sipped at her klah. She had a few things on her mind. Mostly when she should teach the children about proper firelizard care.

OOC: Should I make a lesson for the Children or not?

Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jun 30, 2009 11:31 pm

(That's a good idea, just make sure those with kids know about it)

Teaching, there was something Tabby couldn't and wouldn't do. She wasn't the greatest with children, something with her being not very social thanks to work. She just wasn't sure with herself around kids. Perhaps ever she ever had her own that might change, but even that idea didn't settle well with her.

"Teacher eh? I bet that's a fun job. I'm a xenobiologist and my job is getting to become a bit....well useless. Once we've discovered all the creatures on our world all that's left for us to do is speculate." She explained a bit depressed. "You're a candidate too? That's awesome. So am I. Are you not just totally excited about the hatching?" Tabby said almost hyper.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:18 am

Ayana noticed Tabby's excitiment.

"It is exciting I guess. I don't know what well happen but I guess that is what makes it exciting." Spring then started chirping and flying around Ayana's head again.

"Yes getting you was exciting but the dragons might be bigger than you so they can hurt us more easily than you can," Spring then pulled Ayana's hair but she easily grabbed Spring and held her down. "Plus you are to easy to stop." Spring huffed in anoyance and Ayana laughed.

"You however are going to be to fun to let go."

Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:04 am

Emera was quite hungry. A hard's day with Stormy, then the draft pair. Seems like the pair got into some mud. She went to get them cleaned again. Perhaps she would breed her four, and see the result of the two mares. She knew about one, and wondered about Stormy's. She saw that it was quite crowded, perhaps it was wrong time, but she was hungry!

She went to get her food, and something to drink. She wondered if the two women wouldn't mind them joining. She walked towards them, and then spoke up. "Would you to mind if I join you? It seemed else where is taken." She asked.

She would go else where, when they would object. It is always nice to make sure that she's welcomed. She doesn't know about what they were discussing. She probably wouldn't be able to join much conversation too much. She wouldn't mind at all.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 01, 2009 12:32 pm

"I think it is ok, I don't mind. What about you Tabitha?" Ayana asked her.

Spring was bing picky and started chirping none stop.

"Sorry I well be right back, Spring wants more." Ayana stood up and went into the line up to get more meatrolls.

Last edited by Otania on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:23 pm

"No, not at all. Please have a seat. We were just discussing the dragon eggs." Tabitha said pointing to the seat in front of her. "The name's Tabitha, please feel free to call me Tabby."

She ate a bit more of her food while the new girl was sitting down. The new native Pern food was finally starting to be the predominate food served for the meals since most of the things that had been brought from Earth was almost depleted.

"That's fine. I'll save your seat Ayana." Tabby said.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Thu Jul 02, 2009 2:16 am

Emera went to settle down. She nodded, and then listened to the one that was staying here.

"Dragon Eggs? I heard that some of them are some." Emera stated.

She only heard about them, and never really know what's going on too much. She figured she spent too much time with her horses, but Emera could never really think another thing, as she spent a lot her time with them. Perhaps she should really should spend more time without her horses, but what would she do in that time?
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:05 am

Ayana came back with two more meat rolls and Spring chirping at her sending her images of her going faster.

"I get it already geez." She then sat down with tabby and the new stranger.

"What did I miss? and by the way my name is Ayana and this little pig is Spring." Spring chirped greeting and took the meatroll from Ayana and started happily chewing on it.

"That is why she is a pig. She is fun to have around though."
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 am

"Welcome back." Tabby said with a smile. "Nah, you didn't miss much at all." She answered her. "Pig maybe, but she's much cuter than a pig if you ask me."

"Yeah, the Dragon Project. Hopefully it'll work, our sleds won't last too much longer with the little power we have left to run them." Tabby answered Emera. "I take it you're not a candidate then?"

"I bet they are fun. I haven't had the time to try and impress one." Tabitha said with a bit of jealousy. She would have liked to have one, but she didn't have the time for one.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:59 am

"I'm Emera, a horse trainer." Emera told Ayana.

She then listened to the other one, Tabby, and ate a few of her meal.

"No, I'm not a candidate. I spend a lot of my training my horses, and sometimes helping with minor problems of others. Right now, I've been working on Stormy, whom only me seemed to be able to handle her." Emera told Tabby.

She had no idea if she want those. Emera really had enough on her hands. Emera wondered about them. She wondered about all those critters. She thinks they were fasinating, but she had really no interest of recieving one, unless she really needed one. She has no idea what they are capiable of doing. She knew very little of it.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:18 am

"A horse trainer. That sounds nice. I would like to learn to ride a horse one day." Ayana said as she took the meatroll from and broke it into peices.

"Now have some good manners. We are eating with company." Spring just ate like she had not eaten in days.

"Like Tabby I am a candidate as well."
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:45 am

"Ugh, horses." Tabby said with a sigh. "Me and horses do not get along well at all. Last time I tried riding was back on earth. Let's just say it ended with me on my back in the mud with a broken ankle. For a xenobiologist I'm not the best with animals. Makes me wonder why I was chosen as a candidate." She laughed a little.

"You'll have to come to the hatching at least, Emera. It'll be exciting to watch." Tabby said excitedly.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Fri Jul 03, 2009 12:01 pm

"I can try to teach to ride, Ayana, but I know I'm not the best. I train horses." She told Ayana first.

"You don't have to ride on top of them. My two drafts, Morning Frost and Sunset are ones that I drive them, cart and carriage. I have seen my trainer tried to do even the worst riders." Emera stated.

She could see why some people are afraid of horses, even hated them. Emera knew many different uses for them. Some doesn't even have to deal with riding, but steering them for plantations, but she knew that was mainly out of the question with all the dangers falling from the sky.

"I'll see. Right now, I deal with my horses, especially my quarter horse mare. I have no clue when it'll happen. I spend most of my time outside the Volcano's creator." Emera stated about the hatching.

She doesn't know if she wanted to be there. She had no clue what the dragons, or what ever Tabby is saying about, and she doesn't know what she would do when the time comes.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Sat Jul 04, 2009 2:19 am

"The hatching can't be that bad. Maybe an injury here or there and the dragons hatching but I don't know."

She then chewed some food thoughtfully. She was thinking about the hatching and Malcolm.

"I am actually nervous." She thought aloud.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sat Jul 04, 2009 4:08 am

"Thanks, but horse and me just do not like each other. I hope the dragons are a lot different otherwise I'm in trouble." Tabby said with smile.

"I'm very nervous too, but I expect there to be a lot of injuries. Nothing major hopefully. I've seen how the firelizards hatch and it's hectic, so I'm sure the dragons won't be too much different. I'm excited too though. I wonder if they'll be the same colors as their young cousins." Tabitha said thoughtfully.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down