Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open}

5 posters

Go down

Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} Empty Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open}

Post by Rye Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:41 am

Ooh, it had been one of those days.

To start off her morning, it seemed that everyone had sled issues. This one wouldn't start, that one was off balance... In simpler terms, she didn't have a break at all. She and Mikhael were kept running the whole morning, and even though she enjoyed her work, some of her customers made her want to scream. Seriously, how did one go about being a sled pilot without knowing how to perform simple maintenence on his/her sled? It was a shame, and Adrienne, living up to her reputation, made sure they knew it.

After that, at her lunch hour with Mikhael, he'd offered to cover her work for the next few hours, and Adrienne, thinking he was giving her a break, had actually hugged him. What she was soon to learn was that Mik needed someone to go with Cally to her Geisha lesson, and apparently she fit the bill perfectly. Fuming, she complied, but only after he'd practically begged her and used her pet name. Gods. She would've done anything to him from calling her that in public ever again. Addy... It was a disgrace.

Once all was said and done, the geisha lesson hadn't been so bad... but she'd kill herself before she admitted it. Amazingly, she'd actually enjoyed it, and she couldn't resist a challenge. Plus, she got to watch out for Cally, and even though she didn't admit it, the girl was starting to remind herself of how she'd been as a child.

When she finished there, Adrienne went back to go help Mikhael with some odd jobs. Through the course of the evening, she managed to get splattered in oil, rip her shirt, and burn a strip of her arm, an act which left a nice red line on her forearm. She'd dealt with it, though, and once they'd finished the pair went their seperate ways. Mikhael had to go and check on Cally whereas Adrienne was devastatingly hungry, so she went off to the Dining Cavern.

Even at her worst, Adrienne was dangerously beautiful. Her brown hair, which had been tied up, had escaped some hours ago and was now framing her face. Her white, tight-fitting shirt was splattered with black spots and now possessed a nice tear up the side, revealing her flat, toned stomach, and it seemed that her trusty leather pants were the only item that escaped unscathed. As she walked, she didn't notice the wandering eyes of the men; males who admired her body but feared her sharp tongue. She had eyes for no one, as of yet. Adrienne, as a child, decided she'd be independent when she grew up, and she'd held tight to that decision so far. Mikhael, although some thought they were together, was her best friend and nothing more, even if he had seen her naked on more than one occasion.

Upon arriving there, she was met by the somewhat shocked expressions of the occupants. Most everyone knew of her, or rather, her temper, and thus they avoided her like the plague. She knew this as she met their stares, and raising her head high she dared any of them to say a word as she got her food and sat down, placing herself at a lonely table in the far corner. Lynx, her faithful companion, chirped happily as she allowed him to eat off of her plate, and she smiled affectionately, enjoying her bronze's company. Her blue eyes were soft as she eyed him, and he warbled contentedly at her, making her chuckle lightly.

Last edited by Rye on Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:42 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} Empty Re: Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open}

Post by Kateri Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:59 am

There were some people that, when happy, carried contentment with them like an aura; Kateri was one such fortunate, and no sooner had she set foot inside of the cavern than the full strength of her sunny smile was being directed at those lucky souls nearby that she recognized.

Her morning had been as perfect as life allowed, these days. The children had been at their charming best, her lesson plans had fallen into place with nary a problem and even the weather itself seemed to be cooperating. Kateri, having paused to exchange pleasantries with a trio near the entrance, could almost be seen breathing a happy sigh as they wandered off.

Yes, life was good.

But not everyone was so lucky. Turning to fetch herself some lunch, Kat saw Adrienne stalk to an isolated table and take a seat there, alone. The girl's face darkened with a hint of concern. I know her, don't I? I wonder if everything's alright...

Kind she might be, but Kateri plainly couldn't take a hint. After gathering a light meal on a plate and securing herself a glass of juice, the young teacher marched directly across the cavern and paused beside the chair opposite the other candidate's. It was not surprising that many people hushed and turned their heads to watch what might erupt from that interruption.

"Hey there, you're Adrienne, aren't you? Do you mind some company? My friends left, and I'm not partial to eating alone."
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open} Empty Re: Pass Me Some of That, Lynx {Kateri, Open}

Post by Asdra Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:49 am

Asdra strode through the hallways into the dining hall, his cape flowing out behind him and his head held proudly as he grabbed a tray to put his plates on and filled them with food until they were little mountains. He sat himself down at one of the first tables he could find, an empty one, as most people who knew him did two things: avoided him, and warned others to do the same. He caused a ruckus, they said, about whatever he felt like. The thought made him grin to himself, a little wider than the grin that normally seemed glued to his face. He looked around briefly, just from curiosity; the table right next to his had only one person at it, a woman whom he thought he had heard of...Adrienne, wasn't it? She was a mechanic, if he recalled correctly. And her current appearance only proved to confirm that thought.

He gave himself a shake, and immediately began to chow down. He had thought about assisting the mechanics sooner or later, but he just hadn't felt like it, yet. He preferred to work on strategies, or go outside and try things he hadn't tried yet. His skin was tanning quite well, after being outside for so long for so many days in a row. Leaping all over the place, running from place to place...he'd heard it called "free running" once or twice, and he rather liked the name. He chuckled to himself and began to tear into his first plate of food.

Just then, a second woman walked up to Adrienne's table and sat down. Asdra heard her say, "Hey there, you're Adrienne, Aren't you? Do you mind some company? My friends left, and I'm not partial to eating alone."

Asdra couldn't help snorting to himself a little. He had heard of Adrienne and her temper, but that...that just seemed like reckless suicide to him. For once, he decided to not get involved; he wanted to see how this scenario would play out.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:42 pm

Adrienne was fully aware of the girl who'd dared to approach her table, but she didn't look up. Instead, she asked Lynx for some help and he happily complied, sending her an image of a young girl, probably in her late teens, with obvious Native American heritage. Adrienne didn't recognize the girl, but that meant nothing. After all, she had a reputation to uphold....

"Hey there, you're Adrienne, Aren't you? Do you mind some company? My friends left, and I'm not partial to eating alone."

The nerve. Lynx, feeling the sudden surge of Adrienne's anger, looked up in confusion at his mistress before eyeing the young woman suspiciously. He was accustomed to Adrienne's emotions, and where this wasn't rare, the bronze still wondered what the woman had done to His. Still, he chattered somewhat protectively at the dark-skinned girl, doing what he considered to be Adrienne's will.

After a long, infuriating silence, Adrienne slowly raised her head and looked up, narrowing her light blue eyes at the woman's happy face. Do you mind some company? Hell, yes. Why else would she be sitting alone? Seriously, it didn't take a genius to figure that one out.

With her fiery blue gaze she studied the girl in front of her, the girl who'd cast a shadow on Adrienne's otherwise good meal. Before answering her, though, she looked past the teenager to a man who seemed about her age, a man who, at the moment, seemed entirely too interested in their conversation. He was a loner like her, and he looked familiar..... Asdra, maybe? Raising her eyebrow at his curious face, she challenged his interest before looking back to the interrupter of her dinner.

Normally, she wouldn't have spoken, but tonight hadn't exactly found Adrienne in a decent mood, and so she answered, her voice defiant and mocking.

"Of course I'm Adrienne. Before you so kindly tell me your name, don't waste your breath. Honestly, I don't care.

If I had my way, you wouldn't sit here, because yes, I do mind some company. But, because it's a free world, I can't stop you. Don't expect a conversation, though."

Hopefully the girl would leave; after all, Adrienne hadn't exactly been welcoming. She wouldn't stop her from sitting, though. All she could do was wait for the other candidate to reply. Lynx, in an attempt to sooth His, jumped up and lighted on Adrienne's shoulder, crooning into her ear while keeping an eye on Kateri.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:35 pm

"Of course I'm Adrienne. Before you so kindly tell me your name, don't waste your breath. Honestly, I don't care.

If I had my way, you wouldn't sit here, because yes, I do mind some company. But, because it's a free world, I can't stop you. Don't expect a conversation, though."

Kateri listened to the tirade in silence, her eyebrows sweeping like dark wings up her forehead at both the message and the tone used to deliver it. But when Adrienne finished, the girl gave no sign of hurt feelings. Quite to the contrary, her black eyes shone with sympathy.

She set her plate on the table and eased into the empty chair, moving slowly so as not to provoke that ever watchful bronze guardian.

"We don't have to talk if you'd rather not," Kat confirmed. "It looked like you've been having a horrible day, and I know about wanting to be alone. Sometimes we act that way and don't realize we'd rather vent to someone though."

She was a simple girl, both in appearance and clothing, but the smile Kateri offered Adrienne after saying this was complex. There was something of a peace offering in it, along with that sympathetic warmth, and perhaps a hint of wariness.

Yes, Kat was genuinely concerned for the older woman but she didn't intend to remain if Adrienne's fit of temper extended to throwing lunch items.

Her message delivered, she arranged her napkin neatly in her lap, picked up her fork and began to pick at her lunch. Her head remained down, indicating that she intended to abide by the mechanic's "request" that conversation not occur.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:05 am

Flight jacket swung over his shoulder, hair a mess and singlet top marred by black streaks of oil. Mikhael was a dirty but incredibly handsome sight to behold. His green eyes danced with good humour when he saw Adrienne, obviously not comfortable with the company she had aquired. Well that was a first, he had to muse to himself as he strode in their direction. Grabbing a tray on the way and slopping random globs of food onto it for his lunch as Mik was never picky about what he ate he made his way to them. There was a heavy thud as Mik dumped his jacket beside Adrienne, leaning across her to slide his tray opposite hers he leant down and stole a kiss from her as he did.

Straigtening he ruffled her hair with affection, oh how he loved to tease her. Secretly he knew her care for him, and he oh so clearly remembered that night they had spent together, even though he had never indended to take her virginity in that way, it still had been wonderful. Though he wished he had woken before she had, it wasn't nice to wake in an empty bed. Though lately less of the empty bed situation had been happening since his daughter moved in.

"So you're finally making some friends are you Addy?"

He asked in that oh so affectionate but utterly teasing tone he had for her. Moving quickly to take his seat opposite her, eager for her reaction. With a warm smile for the woman near her he held out his hand.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Mikhael O'Neil."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Tue Jul 07, 2009 4:22 am

Asdra couldn't help chuckling to himself at what was happening next to him. Of all the people that Adrienne could have chanced upon, it was the happiest girl in the whole of the volcano, and nothing was going to stop the sun from shining on her day. He could almost see the anger bubbling up inside Adrienne, and was about to give fare warning to the other girl when another mechanic walked in and began teasing Adrienne, albeit in a friendly manner.

Did he just call her Addy? Asdra mused to himself. Now that is amusing...

"I'd not do that if I were you, friend," Asdra said plainly to the green-eyed mechanic beside Adrienne. "She looks like she's had a rough day, and I doubt those comments of yours would get you anywhere." He didn't even take his eyes off of his tray to say it, and immediately began eating again, his second plate already almost half-finished, the first with not even a crumb to spare.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Tue Jul 07, 2009 6:43 am

"We don't have to talk if you'd rather not... It looked like you've been having a horrible day, and I know about wanting to be alone. Sometimes we act that way and don't realize we'd rather vent to someone though."

Adrienne was somewhat stunned. Was the girl actually trying to be nice after her rather rude announcement? Whoa. This was new. Most people just left, and that was the way she liked it. She didn't say anything as the girl sat down, though. If she wanted to sit here, than so be it. Adrienne wasn't so mean as to make the girl go somewhere else.

All was fine as they ate in silence; Adrienne didn't look up from her food and neither did the younger girl. She was actually considering speaking to the girl when, of all people, Mikhael showed up.

He announced his prescene by laying his jacket across the chair beside her, and, before she could protest, he'd kissed her. As he pulled back Adrienne swatted at him angrily, but he agilely dodged her hand and ruffled her hair. Damn him.

"So you're finally making some friends, are you, Addy?"

Adrienne just eyed him furiously as he sat across from her, and for a reply she threw her fork at his grinning face. Again, he dodged, and her fork landed on the floor across the Cavern. After he returned his eyes back to her face, Adrienne just smiled innocently, and Lynx trilled a greeting to his friend.

Mikhael then turned to the dark-skinned girl and spoke, his voice completely calm after Adrienne's assault.

"It's nice to meet you, I'm Mikhael O'Neil."

At his warm smile, Adrienne just huffed. Bastard. Keeping her firey blue eyes on him, she took her hair all the way down and fixed it back up before sticking her tongue out at him.

Then, to further interrupt her meal, Asdra spoke, his voice assuming much.

"I'd not do that if I were you, friend. She looks like she's had a rough day, and I doubt those comments of yours would get you anywhere."

Adrienne quickly searched him out and watched him curiously. Since when did she have a defender? Seriously. Did it look like she was that bad off? The mechanic sent him an annoyed glance before looking back to Mikhael & the Native American girl.

Last edited by Rye on Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:21 am

Silence was a comfortable thing. Kateri didn't need conversation in order to enjoy her lunch; she did seem to appreciate the company, however. There were times when the girl enjoyed isolation but meals were made to be enjoyed with others.

And speaking of others, when Mikhael arrived, Kateri looked up fully prepared to offer the man a welcome. His face was familiar to her. His behaviour, on the other hand, was startling.

She watched as he harassed Adrienne, jaw somewhat agape and dark eyes wide. Only when she recognized the affection in his tone of voice (and he successfully dodged the fork that the woman threw at his face) did she relax. The tossed cutlery prevented her from shaking the man's hand but she did greet him warmly.

"It's a pleasure, Mikhael. I'm Kateri Kuhl. We were just having some lunch." Kat's a fan of stating the obvious, and stating it with a broad smile. The smile does begin to fade when an unfamiliar voice is heard. She too looks over at Asdra, tilting her head like a puppy puzzled by a toy.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:34 am

Mikhael laughed at the fork that flew by him, lords she was predictable sometimes, being a pilot only meant his reflexes were even quicker especially since he lead the highest flying wing. Lunch indeed, it was then Mik got a look at what he had slopped on his plate...well he supposed it couldn't get any worse than what he had slopped together. He was about to start eating when the voice of a young man had him turn his attention.

"I'd not do that if I were you, friend. She looks like she's had a rough day, and I doubt those comments of yours would get you anywhere."

There was a chuckle that rose from his throat at those words. Oh how little the boy knew. Again looking at Addy he still couldn't help but tease her some more, first however he would explain to the boy what needed to be.

"The day is my fault, .." turning to Addy with a soft smile for her "Sorry sweets, Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Here take my fork, or you won't be able to finish your lunch" some might have called that tempting the devil but Mikhael knew when to appologise for something he had done and turning back to Adra he continued. "I'm a Sled Pilot too, the Squadron Leader for Black Squardron to be exact. Addy runs the shop when I'm out for duty. She also lives with my daughter and myself, I wish the two of them would get along better though." He sighed, he really didn't like the fighting, but they were so much alike he could understand why.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:54 am

"A sled pilot, you say?" Asdra was starting to get intrigued. "That sounds fun. Maybe I can try flying one, some day." And by that, I mean I will, whether you want me to or not. Asdra's smirk cranked up a notch or two at the thought; how exhilarating it would be!

"You two live together?" Asdra asked, a slight note of surprise in his voice. "I see...you're a brave man, then." He couldn't decide on what to add to that, so he just left the comment there, as it was. "I was chosen as a candidate; apparently they like my gift for strategy."
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:34 pm

"It's a pleasure, Mikhael. I'm Kateri Kuhl. We were just having some lunch."

Gods. Adrienne sent Kateri a look, that, even though she hadn't said a nice word to the girl, clearly stated, Don't encourage him. Looking back to Mikhael's grinning face, she narrowed her eyes; he, of all people, ought to know what she'd been through today and that it was not a good time to be teasing her.

"The day is my fault ..."

Adrienne, never taking her eyes from his face, mumbled,

"Hell yes, it is."

She noted his gentle smile, though, and softened her face slightly. At least he knew and was attempting to apologize.

"Sorry sweets, Didn't mean to leave you hanging. Here take my fork, or you won't be able to finish your lunch...."

Without so much as a thank you Adrienne took his offered fork and began to pick at her food. It wasn't the best, but gods, she was hungry. As she ate, she listened to Mik continue with his introduction.

"I'm a Sled Pilot too, the Squadron Leader for Black Squardron to be exact. Addy runs the shop when I'm out for duty. She also lives with my daughter and myself, I wish the two of them would get along better though."

Adrienne snorted. Get along better? In her mind, they were doing just fine; Cally stayed out of her way, and Adrienne offered the same to the girl. The only time they clashed was usually before they all went to bed, but seriously. She gave up her bed, didn't she? Voicing this, she said,

"Mik, we get along just fine. After all, who left their bed so Cally wouldn't have to sleep on the couch?"

She failed to mention the fact that she sometimes shared Mikhael's bed, and, boldly meeting his eyes, Adrienne dared him to say something about it.

Asdra soon interrupted her thoughts, though, and, along with Mik she turned to listen to the loner.

"A sled pilot, you say? That sounds fun. Maybe I can try flying one, some day."

Adrienne raised her eyebrows at Mik questioningly before looking back to Asdra, her eyes narrowing again at his next words.

"You two live together? I see...you're a brave man, then."

Adrienne's face, which had begun to soften, hardened instantly. Before Mik could stop her, she defiantly asked Asdra,

"What's that supposed to mean?"

He didn't answer right away, though. Instead he continued speaking to Mikhael.

"I was chosen as a candidate; apparently they like my gift for strategy."

Adrienne barely registered his words, though. She was too busy fuming. She wasn't going to throw her fork, because Mik didn't have another to give her, but, maybe the glass would do....
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:29 pm

Kat intercepted the look from Adrienne and raised her brows at the other female. What? She was just being friendly! And as obviously sweet on Addy as Mikhael was, Kateri couldn't help but approve. She gave the young woman a reassuring smile, however, and silently pledged to behave herself so as not to bother Adrienne.

Daughter... When the name Cally was mentioned, Kat brightened. "Oh! Callaghan is your girl? I've helped teach her, she's such a bright child! Always off exploring. She reminds me of..."

But the rest of that statement trailed off following another remark from Asdra. Two harmless remarks and one that was hardly kind, considering the subject of the statement was seated right there with them.

Kateri couldn't approve, but the unkindness of Asdra's sentiments made her appear sad and subdued, rather than angry. Fortunately, he'd followed it with mention of being a candidate. Hopefully that was a subject they could all discuss without bloodshed.

"I was asked to become a candidate as well, although I'm still not sure why," she said quietly. Kat reached for her juice, lifting the glass to take a sip. "Still... it's an honor, isn't it?"
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Asdra turned to regard the other girl, the super-happy everything-is-sparkles-and-butterflies girl, as she mentioned her candidacy as well. At her comments, Asdra frowned in thought for a moment, before saying, "I...suppose it could be seen as such. Alls I know is they wanted me as a candidate, so I took the chance at it. Alls I did to earn that was grow up figuring out how to solve problems. All sorts of problems, mind you, but problems nonetheless. Problems that require coordination, organized efforts. I can see things map out like that, in my head." He leaned back and drained a full mug in one shot before continuing. "Usually only works when I improvise - when all of a sudden, BAM!" he slapped a fist into his other open hand. "Problem's there. Then I do my best; mind you, that's almost all I've ever done as far as this goes. But that's what they said when I asked why, so I didn't complain."

Anyone who knew him well enough would know that either that was a staggering shock, he was lying, or some combination of the two; he almost always sounded like he was complaining, and he knew it. At least, that's what he had been told time and again. Not that it mattered - not to him, anyway. He just kept on living his life as he saw fit, and things had turned out pretty well for him so far.

"But I've found it rather boring lately...I've had to find ways to keep myself entertained, other than the games and the strategies and all that." He leaned back again, lacing his fingers behind his head as he reclined, his usual smirk back on his face. "I just live to have fun, and I think I do a damn good job of it."
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:16 am

~OOC: Rye said I could join if I wanted to so here I am. Enjoy the drama.~

Of all the things she'd had to deal with since arriving at this place, Aria guessed that this particular day had been the worst. First she'd gotten her work criticized by someone who wouldn't know good work if it bit him in the arse. Then the cad had had the nerve to actually swat at her dragonet, which made her furious and caused Jyluu to attack him. The of all the unfair things, she'd been the one blamed for the incursion and then they'd tried to force her into cleaning out the stables. Plainly refusing and getting up to leave, she exited the area leaving irrated people and an idiot with a black eye. Now all she wanted to do was sit down and eat her food in peice. She didn't figure it was to much to ask; considering who she'd have to go back to when she was finished. Inwardly cringing at the reaction her cousin Tylar would have to this latest incident, Aria forcibly pushed the thought from her mind and went back to eating.

Jyluu herself was sitting on her Pet's shoulder quietly enjoying her meal as well. The gold dragonet was still furious over her ill treatment earlier but wasn't about to let her Pet go out alone when those people were still about. So the gold kept watch while she ate. Every once in a while sending her Pet calming feelings; even though her own irration was still evident.

Aria had actually begun to calm down, when the strangest thing happened. She got hit in the back of the head by a flying fork. Scowling in irration and snarling in fury, she quickly rose from her seat and promptly through the fork back at its owner. Oh, she'd heard them arguing all right, had to have been deaf not to. She'd just ignored them as she didn't actually care what was wrong with the other young woman. She'd minded her own business, and this was what happened? She didn't think so. "Hey you idiot! Next time you get the urge to throw something, do us all a favor and actually aim at the person you're trying to hit. Some of us don't want to get pulled into your stupid, overly dramatic life just because you're having a bad day."

Her peice said, she growled lowly and sat back down in her seat. She didn't really care how her words had been taken. She'd said her peice and that was that.

Jyluu hissed at the girl that dared to hit her Pet with something. But the gold could sense that Aria had given the upstart what for so she didn't interviene herself. She would if given the chance, but not at the moment.

Last edited by GoldRiderKeistra on Sat Jul 18, 2009 5:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Added an OOC comment)
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:57 am

Mikhael merely listened nodded and smiled, though he didn't say much answering the questions simply. However Adrienne's comment about giving up her bed made him grin and laugh.

"Well you don't seem to protest about sharing a bed with me, so it can't be that bad"

At Aria's outbreak behind them and the fork thrown back his hand snatched out to catch it, giving her a dazzling and sweet smile as she merely shouted at them. Sticking the fork into his food he stirred the thick stew he had with it.

"Ahh so that's where that fork went. Sorry Darlin' for the disturbance won't happen again.."

He rustled Adrienne's hair with good natured humor, keeping a hand on his fork, and even if she stabbed him with hers he wouldn't care.

"Right Addy?"

With that he took a seat and twirling the meat on his fork began digging into his meal.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:29 pm

"Well, you don't seem to protest about sharing a bed with me, so it can't be that bad."

Adrienne narrowed her eyes into angry slits as she watched him grin and laugh. Did he want to die? Gods. Well, he had to go to sleep sometime... She could always tie him up while he slept and leave him there in the morning.

Her scheming thoughts were interrupted as a taller woman with a gold firelizard stood up and started yelling at her. Immediately her anger was diverted from Mikhael, and after shooting him a look that said "I'll deal with you later," she focused all her senses on the woman's rant.

"Hey you idiot! Next time you get the urge to throw something, do us all a favor and actually aim at the person you're trying to hit. Some of us don't want to get pulled into your stupid, overly dramatic life just because you're having a bad day."

As she listened, Adrienne raised her delicate brows, her facial expressions mocking the other woman. With some effort she resisted shooting back, "Well, at least I have a life," knowing that would just add fuel to the fire. She was about to reply, though, when Mik answered her, his tone palyful and meant to calm.

"Ahh so that's where that fork went. Sorry Darlin' for the disturbance won't happen again.."

Good old Mikhael. She could always count on him to lighten a tense situation... but it tweaked her that he called the other woman Darlin'. Of course, she didn't care for him... he just... shouldn't be calling someone that who'd just yelled at them. Yeah, that was it.

"Right Addy?"

Looking over at him, Adrienne smiled, deceivingly innocent, as she replied,

"Of course, Mik."

Anyone who knew her knew that was the farthest reply from the truth. After eyeing Mik's hand, she looked back to the woman with the Gold and finally spoke to her, her tone dripping with sarcasm.

"Finished? My food's getting cold."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down