Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING]

4 posters

Go down

Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] Empty Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING]

Post by Iskiea Sat Jul 11, 2009 2:15 am

Not everyone had slept well, no Jase had woken through the night screaming with the memories of the death at the hatching. Mikhael had been the one to get up to it, the one to tell everyone it would be alright and the one who sat back against the wall on Jase's bed and cradled the crying doctor for most of the night until everything settled and he was once again sleeping. Firmly assured that Jase was sleeping, he moved the man gently into bed, tucking the covers in around him. Moving towards the stove he poured himself a hot mug of Klah, it was the next best thing to coffee and to be honest he preferred the taste of this one over coffee. Taking a seat at the table in the middle of the room he glanced back at Zharath to see the bronze quite contently asleep on Mikhael's own bed.

It seemed the nights banquet had tired everyone out as Mikhael surveyed those around him. Ravana had been to exhausted to change out of her midnight purple dress and Airlaith was curled up on her platform sound asleep and oblivious to the world for once in her life. Artemis had collapsed on her bed, half on half off, still in her dress which was no more than a few shades darker than her Surath, who too had flopped across her back. Putting his mug down Mikhael moved Ravana under the covers pulling them up over her, next he went to Artemis and tenderly he moved them under the covers pulling them over with what seemed to be nothing but fatherly affection, despite the girls promiscouity and reputation. For Adrienne he tucked her in and pressed an affectionate kiss to her forehead and nothing more.

For the other girls he made sure they were covered and tucked in, and with a turn towards the younger boys and even some of the men he made sure they were all well covered as the nights heading into autumn had become rather chilly. Moving back to the table he sat down taking another long drink of his Klah, there was no sense in sleeping now, not when dawn was no more than a few hours ahead. Mikhael had long since changed out of his dress uniform and took a glance at it where it hung, taking a chance to reminice on the night.

For the others, Sean was quite firmly alseep, Salath happily curled up on the bottom of Sean's bed. Rikath had moved herself up to snuggle against Jase who held her close seeking her warmth and comfort. Everyone else seemed to sleep fine, and Mikhael spent the night awake. To the surprise of those Geneticists that stayed awake, who still found Mik awake and continuing his vigil over the others. Mikhael caught the rays of morning creeping in slowly to the hall that lead to their room and he got up.

Lifting his arms against the rays of light as they came over the Caldera walls he noticed several buckets of meat and a note. Bending down to pick up the note he opened it, he wasn't surprised to read what he did.

'Here is their meat for the day, tomorrow you will be expected to do it yourself in the kitchens. Estaban the Butcher will show you what to do when dawn breaks tomorrow.'

It was not a surprising letter to say the least, after all they couldn't depend on the Caldera to feed them. Luckily they had a good supply of cattle and other beast that could be cut up for them much to the disgust of others he knew. Walking back in, he could see a few stiring, with a gentle rub to wake Zharath as he grabbed some sweetsand and an oilskin made his way to the exit where he stood there and in the voice he used as a squadron leader woke everyone that wasn't already awake.

"Alright breakfast time. While your at it grab some sweetsand and an oilskin, might as well bathe them after they eat. They can sun I suppose like the flits do whilst we get our own food."

[[As people seem to be missing this.. They are to grab sweetsand and an oilskin, and go outside, on the way out are the meat buckets, grab one or two depending on your dragon's appetite and head towards the shores. They eat first then wash]

Last edited by Iskiea on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:13 am; edited 1 time in total
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] Empty Re: Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING]

Post by Hesper Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:32 am

Sashike had really enjoyed the banquet, but she had been just as tired as everyone else. She was a bit more coherent than some and had actually managed to take off her formal outfit and put on some night clothes. Discreetly of course. She woke not long after Mikhail did and was already starting to get dressed. She had always been an early bird.

She snapped to attention as soon as Mik started talking. "Alright breakfast time. While your at it grab some sweetsand and an oilskin, might as well bathe them after they eat. They can sun I suppose like the flits do whilst we get our own food."

After that Sashike began to slowly wake Delanth up. 'Come now love. It is time to wake up.' She said gently.

The gold started to stir and stretch, then she gave a bit yawn. 'I want to sleep more. I'm tired.' She snapped and plopped back down on her mat.

Sashike wasn't going to let her get her way. So she unceremoniously picked up the gold and put her on her feet. 'Sorry, deary. It's time to eat. Aren't you hungry?'

Delanth was about to protest, but her stomach rudely interrupted her. 'Fine, but only because I say so. Now feed me, silly wo...I mean dear heart.' She said, catching herself. Sashike couldn't help but laugh a bit at her gold as she grabbed a bucket of food.

She got a bucket of the food and headed outside where Mik was. Delanth followed along behind her a bit grumpily. Once near Mikhail, Sashike knelt down and began feeding her gold. "Good morning, Mik." She said to him.

Trent had worn himself out at the banquet and once he had gotten back to the barracks he'd had just enough energy to pull his clothes off and fall into bed. The next morning he was woken up by a some what irritated Demath. 'Why are you still in bed? That man there said for all to get up and feed us. You should listen to him mine. I don't want the others getting all the food, nor all the sweetsand.'

Trent got up and rubbed his eyes. "Okay, I'm up. I'm up. Silly greedy thing." He said, bending down to kiss his bronze on the head affectionately. He saw Mikhail and Sashike going outside, so he quickly through on some pants. He didn't bother with a shirt for if they were bathing the dragons again, there was no point in wearing one just to get it wet. "Alright. Let's go Demath." He said leading the bronze after the others.

Demath wanted Trent to grab more than one bucket of meat, but Trent assured him that one was enough. 'Here you go, friend. Nice meat just for you.' He said starting to feed the bronze. "Mornin' all." He said, the sleepiness not out of his voice yet.

Last edited by Hesper on Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING] Empty Re: Why is my belly trying to eat itself? [FEEDING]

Post by Rye Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:29 pm

Adrienne & Gold Galateath

As Mikhael used his commanding tone, Adrienne was sure she would've jumped out of her skin had she not been watching his face as he spoke. She'd been awake for a little over an hour now; she just hadn't stirred to alert him of her consciousness. In her opinion, the room was cold, and besides, she was enjoying watching Mikhael's emotions play across his strong features, emotions he hid when he thought the rest of the world was watching.

After he'd spoke, Adrienne raised her head and sat up, stretching. She had to admit; she'd slept better at her old quarters... well, more specifically in Mikhael's warm embrace.

You did not sleep well with me?

Turning quickly, Adrienne looked down to see Galateath watching her anxiously. Feeling the need to reassure her, the mechanic reached down and stroked her eyeridge, saying,

I slept just fine with you, my love. You kept my belly warmed all night.

But not your back.

Adrienne knew it was futile to argue with her when she knew Adrienne's every thought, so with a sigh the woman reached down and picked up Galateath, holding her close to her chest as she said,

No, darling. Not my back.

The Gold just snuggled deep against Adrienne's chest, causing the blue eyed gal to pull her tighter.

As the other candidates began to stir, Adrienne stood and set Galateath back on her bed as she got dressed. Last night she'd managed to come home with wits enough to change out of her gown, and she'd managed to change into a tank top and some of Mikhael's boxers, her usual sleeping attire.

Thankfully no one besides Mikhael and Sashike was really awake yet, letting Adrienne quickly undress and put on another bikini and some cloth shorts and a halter top over that. Adrienne really didn't care if Sashike saw; after all, they had the same things. As for Mikhael, well, he'd seen it all on more than one occasion; living with him had made sure of that.

"Good Morning, Mik."

Adrienne, upon hearing Sashike's voice and seeing her friend feeding her Gold, walked over and picked up a bucket of meat to set apart for her Galateath. Even if the Gold's might've gotten along, Adrienne doubted it and took lengths to keep them apart, thought they were sisters.

After she'd grasped the handle of the bucket, Adrienne answered Sashike, saying,

"Morning, Sashike. Delanth."

After she'd offered the smaller woman a polite smile, Adrienne moved the bucket off to the side and made her way back over to Galateath, stopping only to lean into Mikhael's side as she passed. No words were needed; she knew he'd understand her silent greeting, and take it for what it was. Not a symbol of her undying love, nor a playful, enthusiastic hello, just a simple, semi affectionate good morning between best friends.

As she got back to her bed and to Galateath, Adrienne helped the Gold off of the bed and carried her outside, setting her down next to the bucket. With a happy croon Galateath accepted her meal, and once she was satisfied Galateath didn't need her supervision Adrienne went over and grabbed a skin of oil and some sweetsand, nodding a greeting to Trent as he awoke. Once she'd collected her items, Adrienne headed back out into the light, kneeling down beside Galateath as she finished her meal.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:34 am

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

As Mikhael called out, Roman slowy opened his eyes, only to come face to face with two whirling blue eyes and a brown snout.

Boo.

The Knicade twin nearly jumped out of his skin; after all, the business of being attached to a dragon hadn't really sunk in yet, and waking up to a muzzle filled with teeth wasn't exactly the most pleasant thing.

CADMUTH!

Yes, mine?

At the brown's smug tone, Roman just sighed and rolled over, only to be met again by the brown's happily whirling blue eyes as the hatchling hopped over his head.

Got you good, didn't I? Yup, Cadmuth scared you...

Yeah, I guess you did.

Roman couldn't help but to forgive the brown upon hearing his happy tone, and with another sigh he sat up, stretching like a cat as he caught a glimpse of Trent leaving.

Leaving Cadmuth on the bed, Roman pulled on a pair of pants and then scooped up the brown, following Trent and Demath out the door. On his way out, he grabbed a bag of sweetsand and a skin of oil, holding them with his free hand.

Upon reaching the others, Roman pulled on a sleepy smile and greeted everyone, saying,

"Morning, all."

After he'd nodded respectively to all of his companions, Roman set Cadmuth down and went to get him a bucket of meat. He almost picked up two, but he'd decided to wait and see if the brown was still hungry after one.

Coming back to the others, Roman squatted down beside Cadmuth and watched as the brown ate, making sure to remind him to slow down whenever he picked up the pace too much.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:44 am

I am hungry. Are you hungry?

"Yes I am." Otania said as she grabbed a meat bucket. Good thing she was a hunter or she would have hurled. She then found a nice place to sit and feed her little one. She took the bucket and offered him some of the meat. He stuck hid head in the bucket eagerly.

"But I shall wait till you are done and have filled your tummy." She smiled.

((Sorry muse is dying))
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down