Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open]

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] Empty O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open]

Post by Syleni Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:22 am

Emiline and Delyth walked slowly together to the shores of the thermal lake, their heads inclined towards one another in a silent conversation. Every once in a while, the little green's delicate tail flicked as she walked, correcting her balance or just enjoying the freedom of being out of the cramped egg she had slumbered in for so long. Little Schatzi, Emiline's blue flit, hovered, cavorted and twirled in the air above them. He was fascinated by the green dragonet and spent his time popping out of between alternately to check on baby Kai and then Emiline and Delyth. His life had been very exciting recently with the new baby and now Delyth, but the flit's gregarious attitude meant that he was far more intrigued by the new additions to his Own's life than he was jealous.

Will there be other dragons at the lake? Delyth asked, her metal voice both hopeful and a trifle anxious. I would like to see others. I need to make sure they are all well. Emiline smiled and caressed the delicate sloping head nobs with her right hand and laughed as she asnwered aloud this time.

"I hope so, mein Schatzerlein. Many dragons vill need to haff a bath and I t'ink they will come here for it. Perhaps there will be many other for you to play wiff." Delyth made a little, brisk sound and picked up her pace, her movement only describable as prancing. Emiline grinned more broadly and struggled to keep up as she carried the large, burlap bag containing the oils and brushes she'd been given to aid her in the beginning of her dragon's skin care regiment.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] Empty Re: O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open]

Post by Ridayah Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:16 am

It took a bit of time in which Deran, August, and Tarath had extracted themselves from the hustle and bustle of around the hatchings. Many had stopped to talk and were curious to hear what other riders thought of this new batch. He had been asked a few times, but their mutual desires had helped get them free. It had taken a moment of searching but finally Deran spotted the form of his significant other, and they set out at a brisk walk.

They met near the lake. Deran stuck his arms out for a hug of Emi, and smiled at the little green. "Emi, darling, you impressed! Its unbelievable!" He also then smiled down at the little green, whom Tarath had already approached. "And you are Delyth. It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Deran and this is Tarath and August."

'Yes, I am Tarath. You are a very pretty green, would you help me in my art?' The blue sat down on his haunches, leaning his head to sniff the little green .August landed nearby and started to do the same.
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open] Empty Re: O Baby Baby it's a Wild World [Open]

Post by Syleni Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:39 am

Normally solid and sensible Emiline could not resist a squeal of joy when Deran embraced her and she did two quick skipping leaps in place in his arms as she cried, "Yes! And those dummkopf geneticists could not do a t'ing about it! LOOK at her, is she not so perfekt?"

Comically, Delyth mimicked her rider's actions and posture, not exactly leaping off the ground but bobbing her head and hopping off her front feet. The feeling of her Own's excitement coursing down the emotional and telepathic bond between them was exciting for her and she vocalized a very tiny 'bugle.' When Deran stooped to greet her, she quieted a bit and arched her neck downwards in a swan-like manner. It was the draconic equivalent of a child twisting her body in shyness.

Yes-I-Am-Delyth-Pleased-To-Meet-You She said, her mental voice far too fast due to her shyness at speaking in someone else's mind. When Tarath addressed her, however, she seemed to calm down a bit lost in her fascination at the absolutely enormous juvenile Blue. Her mental voice included both humans when she addressed the blue directly.

You are VERY big, she observed baldly as he and the flit sniffed at her. What is art? If it is not naughty to make art, I will make art. Is it naughty, Emiline? The woman smiled and dropped her bag of supplies near the shore. "Of course it is not! Just so long as you haff time for your first baff as well today."
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Sun Aug 23, 2009 10:40 pm

"She is just as perfect as you are, my sweet Emi." He smiled, and added, "I believe the geneticists are having conniptions right now. Non candidates impressing and as many expelled candidates impressing as candidates did? A horribly rude awakening for them!" He snickered, glad to see them brought down off their high horses after the distress they had caused his Emi.

Deran simply smiled at Delyth, careful not to get to close. He could already sense her shyness and was determined not to spook the little one. Before he could say anything else to her cute little mindvoice he heard Tarath ask her the question and his response. He smiled up at Emi to see the two already getting along.

'Making art is not naughty! Well, at most it is a bit dirty sometimes, but not naughty. And you will be big someday too, just like me. And then when we are both big enough we can fly!' The excitement in the blue's voice spilled over to Emi and Deran, his wings spreading lightly. Unfortunately this knocked August over and she squeaked indignantly, jumping onto Tarath and headbutting him. It was all Deran could do to keep from laughing.

"So, bathing seems to be up for you little Delyth, you should like it." Deran smiled at Emi, glancing at Tarath. "I don't say you could use one too, Tarath." The blue looked up, his eyes whirling bright. 'Really? We can too Deran mine?' The dragon sure loved to bathe when he could. August looked up from her headbutting and chirped too, because the water was a lot of fun.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:35 pm

Schatzi, who had blinked out to check on the baby, blinked back in and broadcasted images of the sleeping infant to both Emiline and Deran. Moments later he realized that August was also nearby and he chirped to her and circled to land on Emiline's bag of supplies, burbling happily. The whole gang was here, except his little pink responsibility but he'd just checked on him. It was a good day to be himself.

Emiline flushed and grinned at Deran's words, pulling a stray hair back between her ear in an embarrassed gesture. She didn't comment on her perfectness or imperfectness, but she did smile at the big about the geneticists. "I haff heard rumblings dat the dragons can choose dragon riders better dan geneticists. I t'ink they should."

I did choose you, Delyth said over her shoulder, her mental voice puzzled. She turned her delicate pointed head back to Tarath again quickly. If I must have a bath to be a good girl, then we should bathe first and then make art.

"...and then bathe again," Emiline whispered this time under her breath to Deran.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:30 am

August finally let off of Tarath, flying up to greet Schatzi as he popped into existence above them. She chirped delight, all of them present, and began to chitter eagerly about all that he had missed, spiraling about the dragon pairs as she talked to him.

"Oh I think their days in the dragon partner selection process are numbered. There was mutterings about it when I was coming over to see you," Deran added with a malicious grin. He had been upset at their rejection of Emi from the program, and this mockery at their expense was simply payback. "Its what they deserve. The dragons should do it; they know better than we." He rolled up his sleeves and gently slapped Tarath's hide. "You're the older here, Tarath, why don't you show Delyth how to get wet? And you can keep her from getting too deep."

'Of course! Come on Delyth, bathing is lots of fun. First we gotta get into the water.' His eyes whirled happily at her, and made big, exaggerated steps into the water until he was up to his flanks. Then he sank down so the water washed over his wings and back. 'Come on in, the water is nice and warm, and won't hurt you. Get up to your belly, then sink down. It lets you get wet so we can get scrubbed. Getting scrubbed is wonderful.' The blue male fluttered his wings slightly, causing waves to wash up on the shore, and he positioned himself so Delyth could not get too deep.

As Tarath spoke to the new hatchling, Deran looked over the bathing supplies Emi had brought, rolling up his sleeves. "We finally have it, Emi. A dragonrider family." His smile was just for her, and his tone of affection was clear. "You should ask if Delyth can come sleep with Tarath after her bath, and you with me, instead of in the barracks. I can tell Tarath is already getting protective of her."
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:15 am

"I vill ask, but they may be concerned dat ve... cannot control ourselves. Of course ve haff been 'controling' ourselfs through Tarath's youth... perhaps dat is enough und dey vill haff faith in us." She smirked, a little ruefully perhaps, but with a fond resignation as well. "Ve haff ten more months now, until ve must not haff control." She spoke quietly, trying to avoid any awkward questions from her dragon 'lest she overhear.

Happily, Delyth was far too wrapped up in the concept of a bath to care what her rider was talking about at this exact moment. She looked at Tarath a little dubiously as he wallowed into the water and settled down. She watched as Schatzi gave up his perch to let Deran rifle through the bag and make chirping, splashing passes at the water farther out in its depths. Finally she made a few tentative steps towards the water's edge, her desire to please outweighing her reserves about water.

Just as Tarath had done, she made hugely exaggeratd steps into the water, splashing and wallowing in the soft mud of the bank. At her first encounter she squealed, but she kept going and soon stood, tensely, with only her head and neck out of the water. Her legs were stiff and spread apart like a dog trying to walk on a slippery surface.

I am in the water, she announced. When does the wonderful thing happen?
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 1:46 am

Deran smiled at her and returned in the same low whisper, "I think it is even more telling that you gave up care of Kai in order to become what you are now. Under normal circumstances we would have probably had to wait longer anyways, and we have been very good about it so far. I see no reason why they should say no." His smile turned wry. "Honestly I think after the events of tonight, they will have more to worry about than Delyth sleeping with the dragon whom is already taking a protective interest in her."

August chirped at Schatzi, then she flew out over Delyth and Tarath and dove into the water. Her wings, tail, and claws stroked about until she surfaced, and looked to see if the blue had followed her, her eyes whirling happily.

Tarath crooned happily at the littler green as she made her way into the water. 'Well that wonderful comes in a bit, first we gotta make sure we are all wet! Stick your wings out and turn around!' Tarath said happily to them. He turned in place, and then playfully splashed water. 'We can make water art like this! And duck your head underwater. Close your muzzle and hold your breath, then go under like this.' The blue quickly slipped his head underwater, stuck his muzzle over by Delyth, and playfully blew bubbles out his nostrils to rise to the surface around her.

Deran looked at the two of them and smirked. "Tarath, lets just get you two wet and scrubbed. Once you're done crawl on out, you goof," he said affectionately. "And mind your steps, don't want to get too much sand on your paws."
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 24, 2009 2:10 am

"I t'ink they vould only care if Delyth vas a breeding female. She vill not clutch, so dey vill not care who flies her when she is bigger." She sighed and selected the smallest of the hide brushes. "And I t'ink also Kai can come to sleep wif us after Delyth is a little older. Keran tells me he sleeps already though much of the night. Once dat happens I t'ink the dragons could handle it."

Schatzi followed Autumn into the water, flopping and flailing a little clumsily but making a much better showing of it than he did in his earliest swimming adventures. He chirped and chortled to her, broadcasting images of the baby Kai (his especial charge, you know,) the hatching, and other exciting events including a particularly large meatroll he'd had for dinner the night before.

Delyth looked even more alarmed, but obiedient as ever she sucked in an enormous breath and splashed her head under water twice, each time for no more than a fraction of a second. He head splashed great torrents of water each time it came up again and her wings worked manically in the warm water, giving her the aspect of a paniced green duck.

That is art I think and now I am VERY VERY wet, she said in a gasping little mind voice as she turned to flea onto the shore again, lifting her feet to prevent and and mud from clinging to them though it was mostly a wasted effort due to her very small size. Emiline just laughed and gathered the wet creature up close to the shore. She'd have to wade in and carry her out after her post scrub rinse so she didn't carry out the mud and sand from the lake bottom.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:02 am

"Yes. Tell you what, after these two are washed and all, we'll go find out what the case is. And I hope in time we can bring our son to live in with us. Speaking of, will you need help moving some clothes and things once we know where you are going to be settling? I will have a bit more time than you; Tarath is more independent now that he is older." He smiled to her. "Our whole new family together. A wonderful thought."

He picked out a moderately sized brush and began to find the oils and sweetsand. He got a hearty handful and called out to Tarath. "All right, Tarath, get your butt out here. Careful of Delyth!" The young man watched as the two of them made their way out. Tarath did not have nearly the trouble with sand and mud that Delyth did; by simple expedient his legs were a lot longer. He quickly reached Deran's side and turned to look at Delyth. 'NOW is the wonderful part. We get scrubbed and scratched and rubbed down. Its the be-e-e-e-e-est.' Tarath crooned, and leaned in as Deran began to scrub.

August, glad to have gotten Schatzi in with her, kept on swimming and splashing with the blue. They could get bathed later, now was the time for fun! She returned images to him of Tarath and Deran and some other flits she had seen sleeping in a funny pile earlier that day.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:17 am

"Yes, dat is a gut idea. I do not vant to cause trouble, but I t'ink it vould be best for all the 'children' if ve established a routine early on- together. My only concern ist vat vill happen vhen Delyth gets too big. Is your new ledge big enough for two of ze smaller dragons? Some seem to be quite big."

"I do not haff many t'ings myself, but I vill need help moving Kai's t'ings. I haff the cradle and so many t'ings from our mothers."

Schatzi nose bumped August and sent back the image of the sleeping piles of flits, this time the image containing his own amused overlays atop it. Then he sent back an image of his favorite sleeping alcolve in a secret part of the volcano, the image of the sleeping flits, and an image of August with an inquisitive overtone attached to it. Would August like to snooze with him in his favorite spot later?

Emiline kissed the top of Delyth's nose as she sat on the ground (she was going to get very wet in a moment anyway so why worry about getting dirty) and leaned over to run the little hide brush the first time over the little green body. In a moment she would get the sweet sand out but first she's get her used to this sensation Delyth, for her part, was very tense at first though her posture made it clear she would brave anything to be dutiful. After the first two, slow passes all the tension melted from her body and she leaned hard into her rider, crooning quietly as she did so.

You are right, Tarath... this is woooonnnnddeeerrrfuuuullll... In typical manner of the very young, she was already swaying sleepily, seeming fully capable of falling asleep on her feet at the ministrations of her rider. The second lid closed over her swirling eyes, but she woke again as Emiline rubbed sweet sand into her skin. It foamed up and peaked her interest. She watched the soapy bubbles intently. Tarath... is this art? she asked, as one of the larger bubbles on her hide popped under her careful scrutiny.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:37 am

Deran nodded as he began to scrub the much larger Tarath. "I think that is a good idea as well; which I think we should point out to the others. Its not like we are going anywhere; we were still sorting things out things went okay and now, we will be together for a long time."

He smiled over Tarath, pausing for a moment to "And yes; the couch he has could fit three of him at this point I think. Even if worse comes to worst; we make them a new one that is big enough. I have a feeling others will in time need larger beds as well. I'll make sure to get your stuff though; and see about getting help for Kai's things. The crib will be the biggest thing."

Deran and Tarath watched to see how Delyth would react, and Deran at least began to laugh as she leaned in and at her words. 'It really isssss. But, was my first scrubbing like that, chosen?' Tarath asked, twisting his head to look at Deran. The young man laughed, and scrubbed the brush up against his neck and shoulders. "Not quite; you were in the water when I was scrubbing you and you slipped under in surprise. It was adorable."

At the little green's mindspoken words Tarath turned back to her. 'Not quiet yet, but it is close.' He stretched out his neck, and used his nose to rub some of the bubbles up her side and onto a wing. After a few moments he pulled back and said in their minds, 'Voila, it is a masterpiece, Delyth and bubbles, part 1. What do you think?' He looked very proud of himself.

August chirped, recieving the mindimages from Schatzi. She swam over and began to scratch at his back and sent back a feeling of affirmation with the two of them curled in his secret sleeping spot.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:59 am

Emiline giggled at the two dragons and made a little tower of bubbles on top of the little green's head to add to the bubbly 'artwork.' "Ach, Deran... I cannot believe I did not requisition an imager for dis. Vhen ve come again, ve must make pictures."

Meanwhile, Delyth had latched onto what Tarath had said and announced quite gleefully, I am a Masterpiece! Emiline laughed and rubbed her little hide with the brush again to get off any loose skin that might have escaped her notice before she began. "Yes you are, mein kleine Kunstlerin. But I t'ink you are scrubbed. You can go back in and rinse now, bitte, and then you get oiled. Oiling ist nice also, yes Tarath?"
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:17 am

Deran just could not contain his chuckling laughter at the cuteness of Delyth all sudsy and Tarath proclaiming her a masterpiece. "You are right, love, we must next time." He scrubbed a bit more at Tarath, but didn't have to worry as much as he had been mostly cleaned earlier.

Tarath looked at Emi and mindspoke to her and Delyth. 'Oh yes, its almost better than scrubbing. But before I go in I want to make another piece of art.' Before either of them could say anything, the blue had used his paws to squish some mud into a pile, and put suds on it. 'There!'

Watching him as he made his way into the water, with Delyth following, Deran hmmmed. "He keeps playing with mud and dirt and things he can push into shapes. I wonder, should we try and get them, I don't know, some clay or something they can sculpt with?" He glanced over at Emi.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:49 am

Excited, Delyth broke out of Emi's soapy embrace and ran down to Tarath, reaching her dexterous but tiny forepaws out for this big ball of clay-like mud. Instead of snatching the entire amorphous shape, however, her two paws gorged large holes into it and she came away with two fist fulls of the wet mud.

I... I broke your art! she mentally wailed, her wings snapping shut over her face. I am a bad girl!

Emiline repressed a grin and sent wordless loving thoughts towards her little dragonet, but she trusted Tarath to handle the situation as it was between the two dragons at the moment. Instead she stood, dusting herself off as best she could and getting ready to walk to the water to rinse her arms and her grooming tools. "Ach, Deran, that ist a wunderful idea! Ve must get a kiln, die big kind dat you can use outside, and glaze. Even earth elephants understood color... our dragons are much smarter. They could make real art dat stays hard."

Schatzi returned the scritches on the back of the little green flit, keeping himself buoyant with outstretched wings so that he didn't push her down in the water. Mentally, he contemplated how he might steal a sausage as big as the one he'd scored the previous day. He was in the greens good graces, and his ingenious little mind could think of no better way to keep it that way than bribery by food.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:02 am

Tarath looked up from where he had been wading into the water. His eyes whirled a bit faster as he saw what she had done, and to the surprise of all a chuckle with his mind voice filled them. 'No, Delyth, you did not... and you are not a bad girl at all. You took my masterpiece and made your own! It is now Delyth's Masterpiece, the first one ever!' He churred happily and waded into the water fully, leaving space again for Delyth again.

Deran grinned across at Emi, shrugging. "Well, on the bright side, it can keep those two entertained for hours. If I know Tarath he could spend all day getting into a mess making art." Her comments about intelligence made him smile. "I wonder if anyone will want it. And that should be a first, 'Dragon Potter'. I wonder what the geneticists will make of that when we mention it!" He then began preparing some rags for oiling, but leaving most for Emi and Delyth. Tarath should just need a spot check, after his earlier rubdown.

August chirped happily at Schatzi's attentions, always glad to have the male about. She leaned in when she could, floating as best as possible with wings spread much like the blue. She was starting to get sleepy and not at all averse to spending the night with him up in his secret cave.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:31 am

Malcolm was in complete rapture with his brown Iorath. Not only was the brown a big teddy bear, he was probably the kindest creature he ever had the pleasure of meeting. He had just gotten done feeding his brown and decided to give him a bath. He wasn't sure where to find the bathing items so he ended up asking one of the older riders, Trent. The bronzerider had showed him where they were and said he'd join them with his Demath. Along the way they ran into Sashike and her gold and they decided to come along as well.

"I want to thank you two so much for the help. Iorath was so hungry this morning I thought I was going to die of hunger myself." Malcolm commented.

"Don't worry about it. We've been there ourselves once. Trust me it gets better later on." Trent said, giving the new brown rider a slap on the back.

Sashike, her normal quiet graceful self, nodded in agreement. "Yes, it gets easier, but you'll find no matter how hard it seems it's worth it." Both the boys nodded in agreement of her last statement.

Iorath was almost beside himself being in the company of two of the older dragons, not to mention a gold and bronze. 'I'm so happy to have you and your riders along with us. This is the most fun I've had in...well ever. Is there anything I can do for you two?'

Demath found the small brown amusing in a way. 'Calm yourself young one. If there is something I want of you, I will tell you.'

'Yes, just be happy we are spending time with you. We are quite capable of taking care of ourselves.' Delanth said in her normal haughty way. She did find the small brown one some what cute, of course she'd never tell Sashike that. 'It appears we are not alone at the lake. Great, more babies.' The gold said with a loud sigh.

Iorath on the other hand was excited to here that a few of his clutch mates were there too. Somewhat clumsily he hopped ahead and yelled. 'Hello brother and sister!! I've come to join you and look who has come with me.'

Malcolm looked where Iorath had started off too and indeed there was two riders there with a blue and a green. He waved his arms in greeting and yelled, "Hello there."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:38 am

Delyth opened her wings, peeking dubiously between them to look at the two small globlets in her paws. Experimentally she squished the clay about, her already wicked claws poking holes in the surface. I am a Masterpiece, she 'whispered, her mental voice still very quiet and subdued. I made a masterpiece, she said a little more loudly, her wings finally settling in a more normal position on her back. Gently, she set the two squishy shapes on the ground and turned around to lumber back into the water. Happily, this time she was sufficiently preoccupied with their other activities to have forgotten her previous fears of the water. She flopped about, washing the mud, sand, and soap bubbles off herself. At one point she walked off a small drop off, but her instinct took over and she paddled back to Tarath, her tail snaking behind her in the water as she grabbed at his foreleg with her little claws. Just then, holding herself partially out of the water on the larger blue's body, she saw the three other dragons making their way towards the waters edge. She made a welcoming bugle, both a little too high pitched and a little clumsy, but its tone was unmistakable. Look! she said brightly. Those are other ones who came today. They need baths, too!

"Ja, dat is brilliant! I vill not tell die geneticists. Dey can tell us vhat to do with the dragon's growing up, with their food, their bodies, their digestion... but NOT with their emotional well-being. It is an enrichment play," she concluded pertly as she bent to wash the grime from herself. "I vill sent a message to my father. He has a good friend who is a trader. They must haff kilns on Pern, and if there is one, dis man can find it." At the sound of her dragon's small bugle, she straightened and looked behind herself, trying as best she could to mitigate the damage done to her once-white scrubs as the other riders approached. "Hallo!" she cried in answer to Malcolm, waving the small hide brush she'd been holding. "Congratulations on your impressions!"

Schatzi broadcast an image of his hidey hole to her, then another of her in it, and finally one of himself bearing not one but two very large sausages (a common fantasy of his.) If she wanted to go an get dry in his little alcove, he would pick up some 'take out' and bring it back to her.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:42 pm

Deran smiled at Delyth. She certainly was cute; but it was going to take some time before she had enough confidence and had enough support to not have to worry about her reaction to simple things. He made a mental note to speak to Tarath about it; but given the protective nature he had, splashing bits of water at her, snaking himself out to keep her from getting too deep, and always keeping a watchful eye on the newhatched green; he felt he might not have much to worry about at all. He had been so preoccupied on the two in fact he jumped a bit at Emi's words.

"Well, lets hope they never find out either. Those geneticists like to think they are a step above the riders in understanding the dragons and will feel more than a bit put out. But, its there problem." He shook his head, and Deran then grinned at her comment about her father. "Is that so? That should be wonderful then. You know, I think when Delyth is old enough to 'graduate' from the hatchling barracks, that we should see about that time bringing Kai home with us, and we can have a little housewarming party in our room. If we stayed mostly out in the dragon's den area, there should be enough room for them, us, and our families."

When he heard both Delyth and Emi call out, he turned. He lifted the arm holding the rags and called out. "Hello!" He squinted and made out two faces he already recognized. Blinked. "Well, welcome down, Trent and Sashike! And congratulations on Impression, brown rider!" He looked over at Emi; raising one eye and smiling. "Well, company is always fun. Tarath, why don't you and Delyth get out of the lake so we can start oiling you?"

Tarath turned his head at this to Delyth. 'Delyth, I am going to crouch down. Why don't you crawl up on my back so we can get out without getting muddy again?' The blue crouched down, sinking his forequarters into the water and his neck, giving space for the little green to clamber on somehow and be carried to the clean part of the shore.

The little green flit chirped at this with sausages. She was not terribly hungry, but she knew with more riders and dragons coming hers and Schatzi's owners would be more than distracted, so some food would be good. Her mental impression of assent was accompanied by her diving down and then launching into the air, winking out to the little cavern hole he had shown her in his mind.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:51 am

Trent and Sashike both waved back to the others. "Hello there. We'd love to join you guys. We got some dirty dragons here needing a bath." Trent said back to Deran and Emi. 'Remember to be nice, Demath, and don't take anything that isn't yours.' He told his bronze.

Demath huffed, but didn't argue. 'Hello Delyth and Tarath. How is the water today?' He said trotting up to his fellow blue egg mate and the new green.

Malcolm smiled brightly at the two. "Thank you so much. Congratulations to you too Emi. Delyth is adorable." He said in the most happy of voices he's used in a long time.

'It's so good to see you Delyth. I'm glad to see you well since our hatching. It's good to meet you big blue brother.' Iorath said excitedly.

Sashike bowed to the both of them. "It seems we all had the same idea. Perhaps we can help each other out." She suggested. Delanth had yet to say anything to the others. Needless to say she was a little less than thrilled that there was others here. About that time Kazuma popped in over head and seeing other flits, flew over to them. Malcolm's Juergy came in too and also joined the blue.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 am

Tarath looked at the bronze and did the draconic equivalent of a grin. 'The water is wonderfully warm. Delyth and I were just about to climb out so we could get oiled. Are you here for a scrubbing too, or just coming with Delyth's clutchmate?' He held still, still waiting for Delyth to get settled enough so he can carry her out of the water.

The blue rider smiled over at the brown rider. "What is you and your's names?" Deran made sure he had space about him for the other riders. "And you are always welcome to join us; the more the merrier I would think."

From in the water August looked up and chirped at Schatzi. With the arrival of other flits their plans might change and have to wait on sausage and the hidey hole!
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:45 am

Delyth climbed aboard Tarath's back considerably more quickly than she might otherwise due to the draw of the dragons on the bank. She scrambled aboard, urging the larger blue forward with little exciting bounces on his back. Hello, Demath and Iorath! she said in a bright, excited mental voice accompanied by small chirping vocalizations. The water is very, very wet! It is in fact the wettest thing I can remember. Have you tried it yet, Iorath? I am about to try 'oil.'

Emiline chuckled and took Deran's hand as they waited for the Riders and their partners to cross the remaining small distance between them. "Ja, please join us. My name is Emiline, und my dragon is green Delyth who rides upon her big friend there. And please, excuse my appearance. I should t'ink next time, to change from my white clothing before I give any dragon bafs!"

Schatzi glanced balefully at the two male flits joining them. Cheated from his snuggle session (or at least delayed in it,) he was not inclined towards social graces. He chirped a greeting but it was curt and somewhat sullen, and he worked his forepaws together in a way that might be the equivalent of a flit crossing its arms.
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:44 am

Malcolm smiled and replied, "My name's Malcolm and the brown here is Iorath. Pleasure to meet you both."

Iorath ran up to the bigger blue and his small green sister. 'Yes, we are going to get a bath and oiled. My skin is very, very itchy. I'm sure your skin is itchy too, Delyth.' The little brown said excitedly.

"We figured it was such a nice day, a bath would be good. That and Malcolm here didn't know where to find the bathing supplies." Trent said, ribbing his new found friend. Malcolm laughed and slapped the older rider on the shoulder.

Demath walked up to the his clutchmate and the smaller green. Besides Delanth he was the biggest dragon there. 'Perhaps we will all have to swim once our riders are done bathing us. '

'Yes, a swim would be good. First though I want my dearest Sashike to make my hide shine brighter than the sun.' Delanth said, showing off a bit. As a queen she was suppose to make the other colors be in awe of her, which is what she was trying to do now.

Sashike could only laugh at her gold's words and actions. "Of course deary. I will do my best." She said to her but aloud so every one could hear. "Delanth is adamant about me getting her to shine."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Syleni Mon Aug 31, 2009 9:16 am

"Is is very nice to meet both of you... all four of you," she amended with a glance at the two dragons eagerly awaiting their bath. "I haff extra oil und brushes in my bag if you do not haff them with you.

I would like to have a swim when we are finished Delyth said brightly as she hopped off of Tarath's back onto firm ground. Also I would like to ride Tarath in the water again. I can feel the sun on my back when I ride on his shoulders! For a moment, she was distracted by the Gold. As a newborn she'd not yet spent any time around a gold dragon and certainly didn't understand the complexities of dragon society. I cannot shine like gold because I don't look like gold, but I want to shine too. I will shine like.... she paused, looking around herself for inspiration and finally at the ground where her small body dripped on the turf. ... like grass that is wet!

"Dann you must stand still," Emiline said with a stifled laugh as she oiled up her first rag thoroughly and applied it to the little greens back. The dragonet made a thoroughly pleased sound, something like a purr.

Oh! I was itchy! I didn't recognize the feeling. It's the first time I've been itchy, and now is the first time I've been less itchy. Don't stop that Emiline!
Syleni
Syleni

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:06 pm

Deran had his cloth out and once Delyth had jumped down, he waved the blue on over. "Come and get a bit of an oiling; I know I gave you one earlier but a touchup won't hurt." His hands each had a rag in them, gleaming with oils.

'Yes, Deran, nothing is wrong with more oiling! And of course Delyth, we shall swim some more with everyone. Demanth, Delanth, surely you would not mind some company from us swimming?' The blue mindcalled politely. His tailtip flicked and he began to croon as Deran rubbed and applied that oh so wonderful oil to his hide, a wing fluttering.

"You know," Deran said, looking at the other riders, "If the dragons are gonna swim, why don't we all?" He gazed first at Emi, and then up to the other new rider and the two clutchmates of Tarath's. The idea would be fun; and he could chat more with two of the riders he had not had as much conversation with as of late.
Ridayah
Ridayah

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next