Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts

4 posters

Go down

Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts Empty Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts

Post by Ridayah Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:29 am

Heya guys and gals!

I had a thought a few days ago for a Pern board. But you will have to have read Skies of Pern to get it. Iski was kind enough to let me post this here and get your girls ideas about it!

"AIVAS and the dragonriders succeeded. The end of the Ninth Pass came and ended a few years early as predicted. Two hundred fifty years later what they had hoped for came true: The Red Star never once approached the ancient Star Stones. And so it stayed, for decades. Thread never once fell and blemished Pern again.

In the five centuries since the end of the Ninth Pass, life changed drastically for those whom were dragonriders. The discovery of the telekinetic abilities of dragons, along with their other abilities, turned them into the perfect star watchers. The dragonriders mostly went into this craft, but some into other fields since their mobility became key. Many of the technologies brought back by AIVAS spread until they became commonplace: Books, small digital devices, and most larger holds and halls had a computer of some sort. The holds continued to expand in both the North and South, even spreading to some of the island chains. Life became easy; and the dragon's unique abilities were rarely required.

Until one fall day, late in the year 3154. The skywatchers spotted an unusually large and bright comet. It was something they had not seen before; and there was concern it would impact Pern. The dragonriders and the rest of Pern watched the following three weeks with bated breath.

It missed Pern by a wide margin, but it was not moving fast enough to escape. It was caught by Rukbat's orbit, and twisted. It barreled right through the twin asteroid belts that circled around Rukbat, and scattered millions of asteroids in any and all directions. The belts were partially destroyed as their contents were sped around the system. Including directly at Pern.

Now the starwatching riders prove their worth. Thousands of asteroids have already impacted on the moons Belior and Timor, and as many have swung into the atmosphere. Not all of them have been visible or caught; and several holds have been impacted for all the efforts of the dragons and their riders. There was simply too much sky and not enough dragons to watch over the land. They needed to consolidate.

The ancient weyrs were reopened, cleaned out, and expanded. New ones in the South and Islands were also opened up, and people flowed into them. Teams of dragons were scheduled to watch the skies over the weyrs, protecting the people within. The starwatch Masters quickly ascended to what the ancient texts said were weyrleaders, even though not all of them were gold or bronze. But it was their duty to protect the people.

One of these new weyrs opened up on a larger island in the Western Sea. Called Veras Weyr, it housed a large fishing fleet and two small holds on the lands it guarded: The island itself, one slightly south, and the waters in between. The people are now dependent upon the riders to make sure they can get out and come back safely, but what will happen if the riders should fail?

Now that Pern once again is under an assault from space, can the dragons rise to the new challenge? Will Veras Weyr and the rest survive until the meteors stop falling? And will this revive the ancient ways of how Riders were housed together to protect the lands, with tithes and support? Come find out."

---

Thoughts, comments, criticisms? >.> I would love any and all, thanks girls!
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts Empty Re: Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts

Post by Hesper Fri Sep 04, 2009 7:41 pm

Me likey it. I've read 'The Skies of Pern' and loved it of course. I like the different approach to how the dragon's protect Pern. Something other than thread is refreshing almost (though I'm not saying fighting thread is bad). If you made it I'd probably join. (If life allows me too >_>)
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts Empty Re: Personal Forum Idea: Just lookin for thoughts

Post by Otania Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:19 am

I would probably join but I am on a few sites right now but the ones I keep checking or either only semi active or practically dead. So technically I am only on 3 active sites with the rest about to die. I could probably make room on my list.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:24 am

I think it sounds awesome Rida-kun.....however I'm afraid I couldn't join, already got too much on my plate D= but good luck with it ^-^
Charm
Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down