Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn]

2 posters

Go down

The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] Empty The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn]

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Wed Dec 02, 2009 12:25 pm

IC Time: Month 9, Late Winter
IC Setting: Candidate's Barracks, Midday

Music, to the mind of the one who listened, it was everywhere all the time. Reivyn loved music. Loved to sing, to dance, loved to entertain others. It was her gift; though sometimes the constant tune running through her head made it feel more like a curse. But when she was alone where no one could judge her, Reivyn loved her gift. Current the other candidates were off doing chores or something else, so Reivyn had come back to the barracks early to use the common room to practice. Her eyes shut, she moved her body freely to the music only she could hear. Her gift made her good at what she did, but it also made it hard to relate to others sometimes. But in this moment, with the music blasting through her mind and body, she forgot everything else. She simply moved, sometimes to a quick beat, sometimes a slow one. It never mattered to her how she moved, simply that she did. If someone caught her, which had never happened, Reivyn wasn't sure how she would react. How would she explain her gift to another person? How would she tell someone else about something only she could hear? She didn't know, and didn't worry about it now as she let the music take her far from Pern into a place where only the song and the movement existed. For the moment, she was free of all worries and cares. But how long could it last?

Existing outside of the world her Pet occupied was Blondie. The palely colored green often picked up the music floating through her Pet's mind but she never could understand it. That didn't really bother the green though. In fact, very little bothered her. What did often trouble the green was her Pet's lack of human companionship. She'd had others near her before, but those had left. So for the moment, she did the only thing she could do - she sat on a shelf in the common room and watched her Pet dance. She kept Reivyn company.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] Empty Re: The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn]

Post by Namara Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:26 am

Max had decided to go into the common room for a while and sit and think.He had ben feeling a little down lately, and just wanted to think about things for a while. Shinrin flew alongside wondering what was wrong.

"Oh, I'm just a little under the weather, Im sure i'll feel better soon." He muttered softly.

When he walked into the common rioom, he saw someone dancing, completely absorbed in the sound of music only she could hear.He sat down and, Watching and his hand twitched towards the sketchbook he kept with him at all times. He tried to draw the dancing girl, but his sketch lacked the movement and life of the Girl.

"Its not bad, But I could do better, It must be because of this gloom. Hmmm..Ive never seen this person before. I wonder who she is?"

He turned t but his sketchbook down, but knocked over a pot which fell to the floor and smashed with a loud CRASH!.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn] Empty Re: The Beat of a Heart [Max and Reivyn]

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:52 am

So lost in her own world, Reivyn didn't notice when Max entered into the common's room and sat down. She didn't hear him talking to himself or notice the appearence of his green dragonet with him. What finally got her attention was the loud crash that sounded. Immediately she ceased moving all together and turned suprised honey eyes to the other person in the room that, to her at least, seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. "Um...hi." Then she noticed the smashed pot and darted over to begin picking up the peices. "Here, we should clean this up so no one steps on it. That would be bad, you know?" She flashed a friendly smile to the young man before introducing herself. "I'm Reivyn, and you are a bit clumsy, aren't you? Were you watching me?"

Blondie chirped from her spot where she'd been watching her Pet. Who was this person and his dragonet? Would they like her Pet? She hoped so.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:12 am

He had jumped when the pot had smashed and he noticed that the girl had stopped dancing. When she walked over and introduced herself he had no issues doing the same.

"My name is Max, its really great to meet you! Yeah, I am a bit clumsy, People often call me a ditzy clutz. You're a really great dancer, you must have been doing this for years. Yeah, I was watching you...I tried to draw you as well, but lately my art hasn't been as good as it usually is, so it didn't turn out so well. Oh and this is my dragonet, Shinrin. She says you're a good dancer too."

He fiddled with his pencil while he was talking. This girl seemed friendly enough, and he loiked talking to people, but he wasn't as cheerful as he usually was.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Thu Dec 03, 2009 12:50 pm

Reivyn blinked at how much this young man was talking. 'So his name is Max. His dragonet is adorable, and Shinrin is a cute name, but he was watching me so I'd best be careful.' Shaking her head, Reivyn spoke again. "Well Max then, glad to meet you too, and thank you. I have been doing this for a while. I'm an entertainer you see. So I do a lot of things and not just dancing." Finally her curiousity got the better of her and she had to ask. "Hey Max? Once we finish cleaning up here, may I see some of your drawings? Also, you seem kind of down, is something wrong or are you sick or something? I get that way when I'm sick so I have to ask, you know?"

Blondie jumped from her perch and darted across the room to the two. She circled the two and dropped to land on her Pet's shoulder only to miss and run into the wall just behind her. Quickly righting herself she got airborne again and finally landed on Reivyn's shoulder, seemingly not phased by her little accident.

Reivyn rolled her eyes at the green. "Oh Blondie, you silly thing." Here she looked to Max. "You think you're clumsy or ditzy, then obviously you haven't met Blondie. She's that way and lazier than a can on a summers day. She knows it too, silly thing."

Last edited by GoldRiderKeistra on Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:53 am

" Oh, thats cool. It must be fun to get people to smile. That's what it mean to entertain right? Sure, I love to show off my drawings. Yeah, uusually I'm a lot cheerier, I really don't know whats wrong. I've been in a gloomy mood lately and I don't know why. Im not sick or anything...I don't think."

He smiled a weak smile. He wasn't sure what was wrong with him, and he didn't know what ws causing it, but he wasn't sick. He picked up the last few pieces and threw them out. He then grabbed his sketchbook,opened and gave it to Reivyn to look at.

"Some of it isn't that good, especially the most recent stuff, My art isnt as good when I'm not at my best. She's rather cute, Her name is blondie is it? Thats nice"
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:45 am

Reivyn nodded. "It is the most amazing feeling in the entire world, watching people's eyes light up and knowing you're the cause of it. It's part of the reason I love dancing so much." Once they'd finished cleaning up the broken pot peices, Reivyn stood and took the offered sketchbook. Her eyes lit up at what she saw within and she smiled. "You know, for someone who says he hasn't been his best, these are really good." She looked over at Max when he asked about her firelizard. "That's right, her name is Blondie, and she's probably a bigger clutz than you are. But she's a sweetheart and loves to get attention. If you're nice to her, she'll likely sit on your shoulder and purr in your ear until you're so tired of her that you make her get off." That's what the green did to her, after all.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Fri Dec 11, 2009 9:44 am

"Yes! I love when people smile after seeing my work. It makes me want to smile as well. Do you like them? You can have one if you want, I cant always draw another."

He smiled as she looked through his sketchbook. He was feeling a bit better, but still off for some reason. Maybe he was sick, so he decided to go and see a doctor later.

"Really? Well she is rather cute. So what kind of things do you like to do besides dance? I really like the snow. Its fun to play in and throw around."
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Tue Jan 12, 2010 12:13 pm

Reivyn's smile only grew at how sweet the young man was being. "I'd really do like them and I'd love to have one to keep if you really don't mind." Max seemed like a really nice person, if a bit quiet in her opinion, but people changed and Reivyn made it a point never to judge others to harshly. And then they were talking about Blondie again. "I know, isn't she just darling. Most people don't find her cute cause she runs into the oddest things at off times. But I love her anyways." Then came the subject of what she liked to do. "Well I like to do a lot of things. I like to sing and paint and sculpt and play in the rain; I love the rain. Not so much the snow though, sorry to say."
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down