Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Impressions [Reivyn and Sean]

2 posters

Go down

Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] Empty Impressions [Reivyn and Sean]

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:32 am

IC Time: Month 9, Late Winter
IC Setting: What amounts to the Weyrbowl of Caldera; though really its just a central area that has paths leading to everywhere else in the settlement.

Impressions.

From the time she'd been old enough to understand what that word had meant, her life had never been the same. For Reivyn, life was full of wonders to see and experiences to feel. Unfortunely, it was also world where first impressions would either give you a friendship to last a lifetime or destroy your life. This was just a fact of life and one Reivyn had accepted long ago. Impressions were something people usually made only once and that was it. Good impressions, bad impressions; even the all important Impression of a dragon, all these things were connected in one way or another. It all depended on how you saw yourself. How you acted, how you dressed and interacted with others. These factors lead to how other people, in turn, saw you.

It was something Reivyn hated. Impressions were all well and good when one was talking about a dragon; Reivyn had stood for a hatching after all. It was when the worth of a person could be determined by how others saw them that bothered her the most often. Most people asked her why it was that this bothered her, and her answer was a simple one. 'Why? Well because I'm an entertainer of course. My passion in life is to make people happy so you'd think impressions for me would be important. But really, if I didn't enjoy what it is I do, I wouldn't be what I am in the first place. So what other people think of me doesn't determine rather I'm good or bad, only I do. I have a hard time understanding people that think they need other people to make them feel worthy. I've just never gotten the concept.'

Even though her parents were this way, and all her friends from back on Earth had been this way. Her mother said that her beliefs made her stand out, though not in a bad way. Reivyn just thought it was her philosiphy to life and didn't really care what anyone else thought. This didn't mean she wasn't social though, no indeed, Reivyn enjoyed being in the company of others. It just meant she knew her own worth and acted as such.

Now she walked the paths of Caldera all alone as she thought about the things that she'd learned since getting there. She'd learned to depend on herself, she'd learned a lot about her passions, and she'd learned that she was lonely. Reivyn had tried making friends since she'd come to this place but thus far she'd only befriended a young woman named Rowan. One friend was enough, but she hadn't seen Rowan since the last hatching. Thus she was lonely, but with Blondie to take care of, she was never alone.

The green in question currently sat wrapped around Reivyn's neck like an oversized and brightly colored scarf as she slept the day away while her Pet walked around. It was the usual spot for the green and one she wouldn't be moved from for several hours.

Reivyn thought about the upcoming hatching now as she walked with no small amount of nervousness. She wasn't too worried about Impression, that would happen when it wanted to or not at all. What she was nervous about was how much she would have to change when she did Impress. Would she change? Would she have to give up her dancing? Her singing and painting? Or would a hatchling allow her to still be herself and continue these things? As interested in the dragons as she was, Reivyn still didn't have the answers to her questions. And it wasn't as if she knew someone with a dragon that she could ask...
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Impressions [Reivyn and Sean] Empty Re: Impressions [Reivyn and Sean]

Post by Iskiea Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:09 am

"A pretty thing like you should smile."

The voice interrupted her from behind; lazily Sean draped an arm over her shoulder and peered into her face with a kind smile. He didn't like to see pretty young things down on themselves; especially when they looked as downhearted as Reivyn did. Well now since he was here he'd just have to fix that wouldn't he.

"Now tell me what's a' troubling you?"
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:46 am

Reivyn nearly jumped out of her skin at the sudden appearence of a young man she vaguely remember seeing somewhere before. 'I'm good with faces usually and I know I've seen him somewhere, but where is the question. I'll probably figure it out as I go along. He sure is a friendly person. And...oh right he's still talking I should pay attention.' Mentally shaking her head Reivyn blinked to put the young man that had suddenly drapped himself all over her into focus. Offering him a weak smile at his asking, she tried to think about what he was asking her. 'He wants to know what's troubling me...Well maybe talking about will help, guess I'll just have to see.' Blinking again, she shifted to look up at the young man. "Normally I introduce myself to a person before I start asking them questions, but I guess everyone does things differently. I've Reivyn, by the way, so we can get that out of the way." As for what was bothering her..."Do I really look like something's troubling me?"

Thinking about it, and how she was walking aimlessly with only her firelizard for company, that she was troubled must have been obvious. This time physically shaking her head, Reivyn tried to put into words what bothered her. "Um...well it's kind of silly. I want to Impress to a dragon you see and...Well I...I'm worried that it'll change me. I mean I know I'll change, that's not what I mean. But if I Impress, will I still be me? Will I still be able to do the things I love doing? Or will Impressing a dragon change all of that? I'm just not sure about anything. I want the chance to Impress, but at the same time..." She knew she probably wasn't making any sense, but at this moment, she really didn't care. Even just trying to talk about it helped her a bit.

Blondie lifted her head up breifly and offered a yawn and a tired chirp before settled back down on her Pet's shoulder and proceeding to fall asleep once again.

Reivyn rolled her eyes at the green and turned her eyes to her feet, unsure of what exactly to say now that she'd gotten out her problem to a complete stranger.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Thu Jan 14, 2010 12:39 pm

"Sean of Blue Salath; at your service"

Sean grasped one of her hands and shook it gently at her sudden rambling off Sean's arm around her shoulder squeezed tightly. Thinking back to his impression to Salath in some ways he had changed for the good; and it was his accident that changed him in the first place before Salath came along. This girl; she didn't need to worry so and his arm reflexively squeezed her with comfort.

"Sweet we change with each day that passes; sure a dragon will change some aspects of you life; but it will never change who you are or what you enjoy doing. Yes priorities will shift; but you won't have to give up the things you love just so you can impress. As far as I see no one can pick why a dragon chooses someone. Just so long as yourself you'll do fine. Besides it's your choice if you want to share your life; your choice to take that chance. Life however and yourself will keep on changing regardless of the choice you make; the changes just might be more subtle than if you were to stand with hopes of impressing."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Sat Jan 16, 2010 3:12 am

Reivyn blinked at him. 'So THAT'S where I know him from! He was at that hatching!' She barely registered him shaking her hand before she was squeezed around her shoulders tightly by this person she'd only just met. She could tell he was trying to be comforting though so she didn't react too badly to everyhing. Then he was talking and answering a question she'd had for some time. Or at least since that day when she witnessed Tylar Impress to that sickly little green. While it was obvious the other girl loved her dragon; Tylar was a dancer and performer like Reivyn was and her dragon seem to like being in the spotlight. She wondered how much Tylar's life had changed because of how her dragon was. Mentally shaking her head to clear it, she tried to offer a coherent answer to the bluerider next to her. "Well I know we change everyday, that's not what I'm worried about. It's more like..." She shrugged. "I don't know, maybe I'm having pre-hatching jitters or something."
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down