Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings)

3 posters

Go down

Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) Empty Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings)

Post by Hesper Tue Dec 22, 2009 8:18 am

IC Time: Month 12, early morning
IC Setting: hatchling quarters, the bathing area

'Please, mine. My hide itches so badly. Won't you please wake up and fix it?' Eleith pleaded trying her best to jump up onto Ashur's bed to wake him from his sleep.

Ashur slowly opened his eyes to his anxious dragon. 'I'm up, I'm up. Hold on a second.' He said sitting up and rubbing his eyes. His green dragon had both her front paws and head laying on the side of his bed. He couldn't help but laugh at the look of her. He got out of bed and not even bothering to put on something other than his bed pants on he led her towards the bathing area.

'I am sorry for waking you. I tried to ignore it, but it would go away. Isn't it such a beautiful day though?' Eleith said, skip hopping beside him.

Ashur got the oil down and a rag to apply it with. "Alright, my love. Let's fix those itchy spots." He said bending down to start to oil Eleith. He was amazed at how much oiling Eleith needed in comparison to the other dragons. He didn't mind though, he loved his green so much and would do anything to make her happy.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) Empty Re: Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings)

Post by Otania Tue Dec 22, 2009 1:26 pm

Luna? Came the voice into Aluna's head, she knew that she had to take care of whatever the green wanted but she had stayed up lots that night taking care of her lifemate and she just wanted to sleep for a few more minutes.

Luna? I itch, badly. Drianyth stated to her half awake rider. Aluna instantly sat up in bed, her curly blonde hair was a mess. An unruly one at that.

"Need a bath?" Aluna asked as she wiped the sleep from her eyes. She was suprised that there was any in her eyes in the first place, after all she had not slept that much.

Yes I do. We could get you cleaned up too and make you all pretty! Drianyth said happily.

"Yeah I have to look like a mess now don't I?" Aluna laughed as she was lead by her green to the bathes. Aluna had on a too big teal t-shirt that almost went to her knees with a another smaller teal shirt under it just in case and also a pair of grey shorts. Drianyth jumped into the water as soon as she could while Aluna double checked to make sure that she brought the sweet sand, cloth and oil.

Hello my sister! Do you like the water? Drianyth asked the green, Why don't you say hi Luna?

Because I don't know him, Aluna said to the green. She was going to wait till he said hi to her and even if he did she probablt was not going to talk much.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings) Empty Re: Oiling Itchy Hide (open for all hatchlings)

Post by Hesper Tue Dec 29, 2009 9:03 am

(sorry it took me so long, Tani. I was waiting to see if anyone else would hop on. This can just be ours though, I'll throw Tabby in with us as well. ^_^)

'Oh, my sister. You look absolutely radiant this morning. And yes, I do love the water it feels so good on itchy skin.' Eleith replied to Drianyth. 'A little lower if you please, Ashur dearest.'

'Of course my love.' Ashur said to his lovely green. "Hello there." He then said to Aluna. "I'm Ashur, this is Eleith. I don't believe we've formally met before. Congrats on impression though. I see we both were lucky enough to attract two lovely greens."

'Oh my, Sivenith. You're hide is a little dry. Let's go take care of that.' Tabitha said to her little blue. She had been up for about an hour, had already fed him and was feeding herself when she noticed the dry patch of skin.

'You are right. I'm a bit itchy there. Lead the way mine. I will follow.' Sivenith said. They made their way to the bathing, cleaning area and found out they weren't the only ones with the same problem. 'Why hello my sisters. You both look well this morning. It is good to see you since our hatching.' Sivenith said to his green sisters.

"Hey there you two. Mind if we join you? Seems my little Sivenith isn't the only one with itchy hide." Tabby said by way of introduction to her entrance into the bathing area. Tabitha had found that she was a bit more comfortable in social situation than she use to be.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:27 am

(that is alright, maybe I could throw in Otania to meet Ashur even though Verreth is full grown if you want. After all she was worried about there being few male greenriders)

I am not the only one who looks radiant this morning, Drianyth responded to the compliment, Now will you talk to him?

"I am Aluna and this is Drianyth." Aluna said as she started over her dragon's name, it seemed different when she said it out loud. It was easier to pronounce in her head. She then went into the water and sat in the shallows, Drianyth instantly swam up to her while Aluna grabbed a handful of sweetsand. Gently Aluna started to get her green all soaped up.

"I-i don't mind." Aluna stuttered.

It is good to see you too Sivenith, oh wait I still can't see you. Drianyth said to the blue. Aluna had closed the green eyes while she rubbed the sweetsand into the dragon's head removing the dead and dry skin.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:03 pm

Adam yawned, scratching at his scraggly five o'-clock shadow, bright on his chin. Blinking tired brown eyes, he looked down at his lower body where the pleasant weight of his brown Dalluth had begun to become uncomfortable. You're beginning to get to heavy for that. He made sure to consciously speak mind to mind with his lifemate, so as not to wake any other sleeping weyrlings. The brown, who'd already grown considerably larger than he was when he'd hatched, merely blinked at his chosen. The young man made to scooch his dragon off his lower extremities. "C'mon, lad, I have to pee..." Dalluth tossed his head the way a human would roll their eyes and stepped off of Adam's lap.

The redhead got up and did as he said he needed to do. Coming back to his bed to either go back to sleep or dress, his hand felt the dryness of Dalluth's hide. Why didn't you tell me you needed a bath and oiling? The young brown looked up at his rider. I knew you would get to it eventually, Mine, was the calm response. Adam rolled his eyes and scooped up Dalluth and the bag of things he used for his dragon's skin care. Next time you need something, tell me. I never want you uncomfortable or scared or anything. Dalluth buried his head in the crook of the young man's neck, almost the way a sleepy child would.

When they got to the bathing area of the Hatchling quarters, Adam saw he would not be the only one up and tending to a dragon's dry hide. "Morning all," he said with a smile and a nod, allowing Dalluth to slip into the water from his arms. He was shirtless from sleep, but did not feel uncomfortable in the least. Even around the teenaged girls present. He grabbed the grainy soap into his hands and made it into a muddy sort of mush in his fingers, spreading it across Dalluth's mustard colored hide. The young brown arched his back and gave a rumble of pleasure, closing his lids part way to drink in the experience.

~~~~~

Kassa was presently not in the most pleasant condition. That condition presently being on her knees bent over a toilet and clutching the sides of its bowl. She felt incredibly sick to her stomach, but nothing was coming up and in all honesty, she didn't feel as if anything would. She just felt sick. Sighing, she sat up and pushed the bowl away from her back towards the wall. Dezeraith pressed herself against her chosen, trying to offer comfort for the upset stomach she could also feel through their bond. Why not oil and bathe me and then get us both some breakfast. Maybe then you won't feel so bad! Kassa looked at her adorable green. "You're probably right. The medics did say it was food poisoning yesterday."

Rising, the slim young woman allowed her green to trot after her when she went to fetch the oil and soap and things, before heading towards the bathing area. Smiling thinly at the others already present she went about washing Dezi's dull, dry hide while the optimistic green hummed - as much as a dragon can hum - happily to herself. Kassa was still a bit lost remembering the morning before when she'd gone to the medics after being unable to eat her breakfast. While she was there several others had come in complaining of the same symptoms. The medics just chalked it all up to the bad cheese on the food the night before, which all of those affected had eaten.

Hello my siblings! Dezeraith happily bespoke her siblings. She pranced about in the water for her first rinse, playfully splashing Eleith. The two greens had hatched simultaneously and Dezi liked her green sister quite a bit. Though all of her siblings were pleasing to the perky green's mind. How are you and your riders all this fine morning? Immersing herself beneath the water, she swam around like a little green sea monster, amusing herself by blowing bubbles with her nose. Kassa only laughed and tried to catch her playful lifemate, her nausea already leaving her mind.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:37 am

More people started coming in about that time. One of the new brown riders and another green rider. The greenrider was Kassa, she had impressed to the green that hatched the same time his Eleith did so he felt a little closer to her than the others. "Good morning to you, brownrider." Ashur said to the man since he didn't know his name yet. "Hi there Kassa. You okay? You look a little pale." Ashur asked Kassa noticing how sick she looked.

'Hi there brother. Sister!! How are you?' Eleith said almost prancing about for joy at the sight of her sister. 'We are both good. I feel much better now that my skin has been oiled.'

'That is okay sister. You will see me in a moment.' Sivenith said to Drianyth. He trotted into the water further making Tabby follow him. 'Welcome to the bathing hole, Dalluth and Dezeraith. You both look fine this morning.'

"Good morning Adam, you too Kassa." Tabitha said to the two new people. She took a second look at Kassa when Ashur mention about her looking under the weather. She had to agree with him, but she didn't know the girl well enough to pry into her personal life. "Sivenith, don't run away from me or you'll never get clean."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Arielle Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:21 am

Kassa smiled at Ashur's greeting, following her little sea monster further into the water. Finally catching a hold of Dezi's body, she replied while grabbing for some more soap sand. "Oh, the medics just said it was food poisoning from two nights ago." She scrubbed methodically at her quickly growing green. "Quite a few other folks came in with it, too. Something about bad cheese or something."

The young woman's face took on a concentrated expression as she made sure not to miss any spots of green hide. Looking up at another greeting, Kassa nodded to the older woman. "You, too, Tabitha." She cast a glance at the brownrider, noting the way he too was scrubbing studiously at his dragonet. She shrugged and laughed when a blue came splashing past her and Dezeraith.

The young green thrashed a bit in her lifemate's grip, but settled down enough to get clean. That is excellent, Eleith! As her blue brother came deeper into the water, Dezeraith flailed a wing to send a splash his way. Hello, Sivenith! Having fun?

~~~~~~

"Go rinse, you," Adam said lightly shoving his brown in the deeper water to rinse off. Following Dalluth as he moved forward and barrel rolled happily, the red head grin at Tabitha. He wasn't too well acquainted with her, but they'd both been part of the original candidate program, now disbanded since the second pass riders had discovered and brought quite a few Searchdragons. He wasn't quite sure how a dragon would know whether or not a person could Impress a dragon that wasn't even born yet, but it clearly worked well for the future so might as well be implemented now.

"Hey, Tabitha. Who's your blue fellow?" he asked genially, watching the poor girl chasing her dragon through the water. That looks like fun, Mine. The brown swam back towards his chosen, squeaky clean and wet. Adam didn't feel like speaking mentally - it was still so new - plus there were plenty of other dragonets that his could play with if he mentioned it aloud. "Do you want to play before I oil you up?" Adam questioned, grinning good-naturedly, hands on his hips.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Fri Jan 01, 2010 7:14 am

"There, now you can open your eyes." Aluna said as she poured some watre onto the green's head. Then she made sure that her lifemate's back and wings were all white with the foam. Drianyth did and eperimental blink.

Now I can see how Athletic you look Sivenith! Then the little green started after the blue, wanting to play too. Leaving behind a white trail as the water lapped at her sides and removed the foam. She looked behind her an watched the foam. She did a circle watching it and ran into a pile that had already fallen off and then the little green let out a squeal of suprise.

Aluna giggled at her lifemate. A hand covered her mouth as the giggles turned into full blown laughter. Drianyth turned her head at her rider and squealed again. It is following me! What does it want? Drianyth let out another squeal as she continued moving around the pool. Leave me alone! She squealed at it, rmoving as fast as she could towards her rider.

~~~~~~

(I felt like it.)

Tani, a green is at the hatchling bathes and I She is scared. Actually there is more than one. A whole group of hatchlings are there getting bathed. I think we should keep and eye on them

"Alright." Otania yawned and streched out her arms. Then she changed with her normal speed into some of her work shorts and a tank top. We won't get in trouble will we? She asked her blue.

No since we are making sure that no hatchlings are harmed. Galateath would not want them hurt. Verreth assured his rider.

Otania got onto her dragon's back, even though they did not have the riding straps on, and they both glided down to the ground in a small quick spiral. Then Otania got off her dragon's back and let him rush on ahead to the bathes. She just walked in to see him putting his head into the water and lifting the deep hunter green hatchling out of the water who was squealing.

Everything is alright. Verreth said to the green as he placed her on the floor outside the pool. See? It is harmless. He said as he got some of the foam on his nose and as Otania reached his side dabbed it on her head.

"All it does is smell nice and tickle." Otania said, helping Verreth out. Verreth took lots more foam and stuck it on his rider.

Now you need a rinse. Then he pushed Tani into some of the deeper water were there were no hatchlings.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down