Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon}

2 posters

Go down

Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} Empty Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon}

Post by Rye Sat Jul 04, 2009 6:46 am

Sitting in one of the wooden rocking chairs on their front porch, Morgen watched, amused, as Avalon let the twins, Romulus and Remus, pet and fawn over Nimue. He was, as usual these days, only wearing his leather braies; what was the point of putting a shirt on when he'd just have to take it off to let Avalon change his bandage? The white tape was prominent against his sun-darkened, muscled chest, and it contrasted sharply with his brown hair.

Oh, how he wished he was out there. Avalon was having a time, trying to make sure the twins didn't pull to roughly on Nimue's mane, or pinch her skin too sharply. Even his brown fire-lizard, Rhain, was out with her, chattering like a scolding mother at the blond-haired boys. Morgen couldn't help but laugh at the comical sight.

The sound of his deep, booming laugh drew Avalon's sharp eyes up to him, and at her annoyed glance he shrugged, then winced slightly as his shoulder protested. She didn't seem to notice his pain, though, as she was back tending to the twins. Even though she might've been frustrated, you couldn't tell; the adoring look in her eyes as she watched the twins spoke volumes. Even Morgen, seated some 40 yards away, could see the love she obviously had for her sister's boys.

Noticing that, Morgen began to think of what a great mother she'd make for his kids, and those thoughts led to vivid mental images that he didn't exactly need to be thinking about right now. Every night he went to bed he cursed Marc for the shoulder wound; the wound that never failed to end any romantic interaction between Ava and himself. Yes, she slept with him, but it was in the most innocent of terms; the knife wound made sure of it.

Shaking his head to chase those thoughts away, Morgen looked back up to see Remus happily sitting atop Nimue, with Avalon supporting him from the ground. Romulus, on the other hand, was far from content, and he tried to make this known to Avalon by beating her leg with his tiny fists. It was amusing, yes, but Morgen wanted the boy to know that it wouldn't be tolerated, so he called out,

"Romulus! Stop it. Leave Aunt Avalon alone and come here."

Getting an idea, Morgen stood up and walked slowly down the steps from the porch, holding out his hand as he motioned for the young child to come to him. Emrys was close by, and she always loved children....
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} Empty Re: Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon}

Post by Iskiea Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:51 pm

Nimue was more than happy for the attention of the children she snuffed at them and didn't even mind the pulling of her mane by the twins. She was such a gentle soul Avalon was more than happy introduce her to the children. She would have used Guinevere but she didn't want the kids to hurt her foal, so Nimue had filled in, the mare more than happy to oblige. Arturius had taken Gallahad and Taliesin to assist with a cattle round up, being short of one horse, Taliesin proved to be a good match for the horseless rider. Granny was in the kitchen cooking up some food, and John and Jase were only dropping in occasionally, both very impressed with their healing wounds.

Morgen's laugh made her turn and when he shrugged, he was rewarded with a rather annoyed look from her. Though a loving smile for him touched her lips when she turned back to the twins. Her own thoughts too crossed to sharing a bed with him and she blushed softly at the thought of what would happen when his shoulder finally healed. Reaching down for Remus, she lifted him into her arms easily, though not as easily as she could have without a cast on her arm. In fact she shouldn't have really been lifting them at all, but she made sure not to put any weight on her wrist. Nimue stayed steady as Avalon lifted Remus onto her back. The boys had to learn sooner or later to ride, the sooner they got used tot he horses the better and Nimue was one of the best to learn with. She had to laugh softly at Romulus' displeasure with her actions, he always had been the more jealous of the two.

"Romulus! Stop it. Leave Aunt Avalon alone and come here."

Arm still around Remus she turned to see Emrys slowly trot towards Morgen who walked down the stairs of the homestead towards them. Romulus immediately reacted rolling onto his knees he was off before Ava could slide him back with her foot. She couldn't let go of Remus either, leaving her staring after Romulus escaping towards Morgen. The kids were quite fond of him and had no problems coming to him.

"Morgen Remington if you pick him up so help me I will sleep in the lounge"

There was as much worry in her voice as there was a sternness, and as for her threat, well it was all she could think so shortly. Whilst she was doing something she wasn't suppose to she didn't want Morgen doing the same and hurting himself. She still had some fear of loosing him, something that was reflected in her voice and the way she looked at him.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon} Empty Re: Anything, That's What I'd Do For You. Everything, That's What You Mean to Me {Avalon}

Post by Rye Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:06 pm

"Morgen Remington, if you pick him up so help me I will sleep in the lounge."

At the sound of her angry voice, Morgen looked up and grinned devilishly at Avalon. Her threat wasn't that pressing to Morgen, and to make sure she knew he raised one of his eyebrows teasingly. So she thought she'd sleep without him, eh? Not hardly.

"Darling, I'll do as I please, and, since you suggested we sleep in the lounge, I think that's a great idea. What were you thinking, dearest? The blue couch or the leather one?"

As Romulus finally reached him, Morgen turned his attention to the boy and smiled. He was the spitting image of his mother, and as he made it to Morgen's feet the hunter introduced him to Emrys.

"Romulus, meet Emrys."

As Morgen reached down to grab Romulus Emrys leaned down and blew into the boy's face, leaving the blonde boy somewhat stunned. Morgen just laughed at his shocked expression and, with a defiant glance at Avalon, scooped under Romulus's knees with his uninjured arm, keeping all the weight on his good side.

With a grunt Morgen managed to finally position Romulus atop Emrys's wide back, only aggravating his wound a little. Using his good side, Morgen kept his big hand on Romulus, making sure the boy was steady as he squealed in pleasure. Once he was assured that Romulus was okay, Morgen chanced a glance at his love.

Knowing her, Avalon was probably red with fury, but she couldn't act on it because she was busy with Remus. Grinning apologetically, he waited for her to meet his eyes as he continued to steady Romulus with his left hand.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:45 pm

Avalon watched Morgen closely, arm wrapped tightly around Remus as she tried not to explode at him, she didn't want to loose it in front of the kids. Instead she pulled Remus into her arms, much to the young boy's disappointment and whines. He was the lighter than his brother, her cast arm sat under his rear as she all but stalked over to them, eyes dark with fury. Scooping her good arm around Romulus she pulled him into her arms, which were now full with two boys who struck out at each other much to Avalon's attempt to keep them far enough apart.

Her eyes a deep blue glittered dangerously with her seriousness as she once again she repeated again what she had said, this time with force and anger. Something that had not been seen in her, not fury quite this deep, not really caring about the ache that was starting in her broken wrist from the weight of Remus. At that moment she was more concerned with his welfare than that of her own.

"I'm serious Morgen. I told you not to pick him up. I don't want you loosing use of your arm or aggravating it when you should be resting. John told you that you couldn't lift anything heavy and if I find fresh blood in those bandages I will remove myself to the stables for the night."

She didn't care much for the fact her arms were full, or the fact she was being a hypocrite. Jase and John too had told her she couldn't lift anything with it, but she didn't have an open wound that could be re-opened. To her that fact meant her wounds were irrelevant compared to his and a cause for more concern.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:03 pm

Morgen watched with bright eyes, somewhat amused as she stomped over and slid Romulus off of Emrys's back. At her words, his eyes hardened a bit, though.

"I'm serious Morgen. I told you not to pick him up. I don't want you loosing use of your arm or aggravating it when you should be resting. John told you that you couldn't lift anything heavy and if I find fresh blood in those bandages I will remove myself to the stables for the night."

So she was serious, was she? In his next statement it was clear Morgen was getting frustrated with her, as his tone was serious as well.

"Love, I'm not supposed to big picking up heavy objects? Excuse me, dearest, but what about what John told you? I'm not going to allow you to hurt yourself any more than you're letting me."

He narrowed his eyes at her furious, dark expression, and with his good side he rached out to snatch Remus off of her injured wrist.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:53 pm

"That's enough you two, you're scaring the children. Avalon, you should listen to your husband and Morgen, listen to your wife. Now John told you both no lifting, so I don't want to see either of you carrying these boys. Arturius and I can handle them. You both get well."

There was Granny hands on hips as she bustled down the stairs, seeing Avalon move out of Morgen's reach almost dropping Remus as she did. Gathering both boys into her arms from Avalon with a scolding tut, she started to ascend the stairs. She stopped at the top before she entered the house and turned back towards them.

"You know I'm not going to be around forever and I know you're both still healing, but some grandkids from the two of you soon would be nice"

She was gone and Ava was left stunned and empty handed, she just stared after Granny before returning her gaze to Morgen. Her cheeks were dark now, not with anger but with a blush that showed up quite well on the bruise still healing on her cheek. She was at a loss for what to say, especially after a telling off from both Morgen and Granny. Being called his wife and she his husband by Granny didn't help much, nor did being asked about when she would see Grandkids from the two of them.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:07 pm

"That's enough you two, you're scaring the children. Avalon, you should listen to your husband and Morgen, listen to your wife. Now John told you both no lifting, so I don't want to see either of you carrying these boys. Arturius and I can handle them. You both get well."

Morgen didn't bother to look at Granny as she came down the stairs; he was too busy being extremely frustrated with Ava. His narrowed eyes spoke volumes; why did she have to be so stubborn? All he was trying to do was help, and, Gods.... he'd be damned if he was going to sleep alone.

Granny's next words interrupted his angry thoughts, stunning and amusing him.

"You know I'm not going to be around forever and I know you're both still healing, but some grandkids from the two of you soon would be nice."

Morgen tried hard to keep a straight face, but he couldn't. Avalon's deep blush didn't help much, either. His booming, deep laugh echoed across the yard, and, his earlier thoughts forgotten, Morgen grinned lazily down at Ava.

"What do you say, love?"

Before letting her reply, though, he stepped closer and leaned down, claiming her lips with his.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:47 pm

Morgen's laugh startled Avalon, suddenly she found herself staring up at him as he grinned down at her, when did he move so close to her. Avalon found herself staring up, still blushing. She was about to say something but he beat her to it.

"What do you say, love?"

It was a question she never got to answer as he took a step forwards, swooping down; lips claiming hers in an instant. She melted into his arms and against his body, it never ceased to amaze her how perfectly she fit against his body. Slowly she broke the kiss and her arms that had twined themselves around his neck relaxed a little as she slowly pulled away.

"But we aren't even married."

Was her immediate reply to him. In shock her hand flew to her mouth as what she had just said dawned on her.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:33 pm

"But we aren't even married."

Morgen just grinned at her shocked face and raised an eyebrow teasingly.

"Since when did that become important?"

What he didn't say was how he was planning on asking Arturius for her hand, or how he still had her parents' rings from years back when he discovered them in the paddock where their house stood. He'd been counting on the hope that this day would eventually come.

As he watched her stunned features, though, Morgen felt it necessary to reassure her.

"Don't worry, love. There won't be any prospect of children until my shoulder and your wrist heals; surely Granny can wait that long."

Again, a teasing glint lightened his eyes as he added,

"That is, if you want my children..."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:04 am

"Since when did that become important?"

Avalon was shocked, unable to come up with a protest as the words sat on her tongue but would cease before they existed. She hadn't meant it to come out that way, slowly she looked back up again into his hazel eyes. Before she could say anything though he felt the need to reassure her.

"Don't worry, love. There won't be any prospect of children until my shoulder and your wrist heals; surely Granny can wait that long."

Again before she could reply she caught that teasing glint in his eye. Granny and him were too alike sometimes despite the lack of blood between them. Both of them seemed to get much pleasure out of teasing her, so Morgen's words for once didn't come as a surprise to Avalon.

"That is, if you want my children..."

His teasing tone, and the fact she knew both he and Granny were getting pleasure out of her teasing her so had her grinning back at him. Well judging by her family she knew twins were fairly common. Now that was a thought, sure her nephews were handfuls but with Arturius and Granny doing most of the work and the twins already being 8 months made things easier, though she wondered how he would handle their own children.

Her blue eyes brightened with mischief as she grinned up at him, seductively wrapping the hand she had covered her mouth with around his neck. Standing on tip toe her grin broadened devilishly as she teased him right back, a move which had become rather uncommon now that they were together.

"So you think you could handle twins?"
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Mon Jul 06, 2009 2:43 am

As Avalon slid her hand around his neck sensuously, Morgen just watched, his eyes alight with sudden hunger. She moved so temptingly... The hunter knew she was doing it on purpose, just to get him riled up.

"So you think you could handle twins?"

Well, that was unexpected, but not necessarily bad. Twins.... He tossed the idea around in his mind a bit, returning her broad grin with a wolfish one of his own.

"Ahh, Ava. How can you be so sure it'll be twins? Not that I object..."

Morgen could already see her... With a bulging belly and a pregnant glow, even though he didn't think it possible, she'd be even more beautiful than she was now, standing in the mid-day sun before him.

As he contemplated their children, Morgen reached out and wrapped an arm around her waist possessively, pulling her close so he could claim her soft lips with his own.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:49 pm

"Ahh, Ava. How can you be so sure it'll be twins? Not that I object..."

Her reply was stopped by the soft kiss he laid upon her lips, arm wrapped possessively around her body pulling her close. Her cast made it a little difficult for her to wrap her arm around his neck but her other arm more than made up for it pulling him closer. She leaned into his kiss for a good long moment, and when they broke and leant back she smiled up at him softly.

"Artemis had twins, I'm and twin and so was mama and well.."

She paused for a moment and gave him one of those all knowing mischevious grins of hers.

"I just have a feeling."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:22 am

"Artemis had twins, I'm and twin and so was mama and, well.."

As she grinned knowingly at him, Morgen couldn't help but to feel his body respond. He resisted the urge to claim her lips with his again and waited for her to finish.

"I just have a feeling."

That said, Morgen grinned broadly as she pressed against his hard body. She was so tempting when she wanted to be.... His voice husky with desire, Morgen replied.

"Oh, really?"

With another growl he pressed his lips to hers roughly, cradling her back with his tanned, corded arms. After kissing her passionately, he pulled back to breath,

"If you say so."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:19 pm

"If you say so."

The kiss was broken and she was left staring up at him breathless and clung to him. She stared up at him for several long moments before she rested her head against his shoulder with a soft sigh. She was happy and content in his arms.

"I love you"

The words slid from her lips naturally, though one was not to know she was trying to use them to divert him from the fact that she still wasn't quite ready for what he wanted to do.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Thu Jul 09, 2009 10:15 am

"I love you."

As Avalon lay against his shoulder, Morgen just sighed and tighened his hold on her possessively. He stood like that for a moment, just letting the moment sink in. It was so nice, so perfect.... Morgen didn't want it to end.

After a few moments, Morgen loosened his grip on her and pushed her gently back. After he'd moved her, the hunter took her chin in one hand and tilted it up so that he was looking her straight in the eye; I love you just wasn't enough for him, he had to say something more.

While his other hand wound itself in her golden tresses, Morgen firmly and unashamedly told his chosen life-mate,

"Never has a man loved a woman as I love you."

Giving her a gentle smile, he let her chin go and pulled her close again... Gods. He'd fight even the devil himself if he tried to take her from his side.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:21 pm

"Never has a man loved a woman as I love you."

A snicker rose in her throat and then became a laugh at those words. Oh my they were never something she would ever hear from his mouth. Hiding her face against her chest til her laughter finally ceased she looked up into his hazel eyes and with a free hand wiped the tears of laughter that were sliding down her cheeks away. There was such a smile on her face it was hard for her to not laugh over it again, gaining some composure she spoke.

"Oh love, I never thought I would hear those words from you."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:33 pm

As the words left his mouth, Morgen realized how... soft they sounded. Had he really just said that? Gods. It was so..... ugh. As Avalon began to laugh, he laughed with her, both of them struggling not to double over in their amusement.

"Oh love, I never thought I would hear those words from you."

Still laughing, and his eyes bright with mirth, Morgen replied,

"Neither did I, darling, and I can't believe I just said them."

Pulling her against him again, he used his free hand to wipe his eyes where they'd begun to water with his laughter.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:59 pm

"Neither did I, darling, and I can't believe I just said them."

That was it, Avalon was laughing again, this time she wrestled desperately for the control her mother had taught her. With Morgen though she felt more herself than she had ever been. No demure teachings could keep that laughter from her. Finally when it seemed like she was out of breath was she able to speak to his again, tears streaming down her cheeks where the laughter had caused her eyes to water.

"Well you did and I'm not letting you live them down."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:03 pm

"Well you did and I'm not letting you live them down."

Morgen groaned as she fell into laughter again, and whilst watching her mirth he couldn't help but laugh himself. After he'd finished, she still wasn't in control of herself and he eyed her curiously as he waited. Once she was able to breath, Morgen told her,

"Please? Darling, it's your fault. After all, you've clouded my mind; I never would've said something like that otherwise."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:31 am

"Please? Darling, it's your fault. After all, you've clouded my mind; I never would've said something like that otherwise."

She giggled, grinning at his plea, oh she was a devious one when she wanted to be and he seemed to only bring it out more in this once calm and unaffected by anything woman. Her grin turned to a smirk and she couldn't help but looked even more mischievous than ever.

"Na-ahh.. Not ever.."

She teased him, laughing softly again at the expressions he gave her.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:39 pm

"Na-ahh.. Not ever.."

Morgen, determined to try and make her stop the teasing, took a different course of action. Pulling his brows together, he scowled, trying his best to look angry. It wasn't that effective, of course, but he was trying.

"Avalon Knight, you'd better stop, otherwise...."

When she laughed at his expressions, though, Morgen knew he had lost. His lips pulling up into a grin, he laughed again before leaning down to breathe in the smell of her neck as he nuzzled her.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum