Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Another Day Closing [Sobi] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Another Day Closing [Sobi]

2 posters

Go down

Another Day Closing [Sobi] Empty Another Day Closing [Sobi]

Post by Darurii Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:42 pm

Ashern waved one more time to his mother before he quietly closed the door. It was too bad that his father was still at work, but sharing a job didn't mean he got off at the same time as his wife. Perhaps he would be able to see them both next time. It wasn't as if it would be all that far into the future; visiting his parents was a pleasant pastime. Still, he had to head back now. He had things to manage himself, and though it wasn't truly work - his load had been lightened upon being accepted as a draconic candidate.

He flicked his hair out of his eye idly as he strode down the hall. Mayhap he would meet someone interesting on the way back. It wasn't that unlikely. After all, there were a great many people living here - all though not nearly as many as back on old Earth - and everyone had something to contribute. Ah, Pern was the place to be. No serial murderers, no train crashes, no school counsellors constantly trying push you into the 'ultimate career'. This was the life.
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Another Day Closing [Sobi] Empty Re: Another Day Closing [Sobi]

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:52 pm

Sobi couldn't beleive how well her day had been. She'd gotten to work with her parents, seen a new foal being born, and even gotten the time to work with her favorite horse named Sparkle. Life definitely was more satisfiying since she accompanied her parents to Pern. They'd been there a while it was true, but their horses were some of the most highly sought after in the entire volcano. Looking around her, she started to hum. The day was bright and sunny, and Sobi looked forward to getting to maybe meet someone new very soon.

Entering into a hallway, Sobi took a moment to pause to allow her eyes to adjust before she was again on her way. She even saw a young man in passing and flashed him first a brilliant smile, then a warm greeting. "Good day to you, isn't it such a pretty day out today?"
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Darurii Sat Jul 18, 2009 1:58 pm

Ah, there was someone else here after all. He smiled warmly as she approached. A bit of good conversation never hurt anyone! "I'm afraid I haven't been able to spend much time outside lately," he said ruefully. "From what I've seen of it, however, it looks quite spectacular. I hope there isn't a storm coming... Rain might drown Thread but wind just makes things worse!" He shuddered at the thought of that menace. Thread was good for nothing... except perhaps convincing so many individuals to band together and cooperate. External threats could do that.

He politely extended his hand. "I'm Ashern Korran, veterinarian-in-training and a candidate for the dragons." He scratched one eyebrow with his free hand. "I don't mind if anyone calls me Ash, though. It is a bit shorter, after all." He smiled lightly. "How about you?"
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Mon Jul 20, 2009 3:19 am

Sobi nodded at the comment made. "Yeah, I'd hate for it to rain. It does help with Thread but..."She shuddered. "It certainly makes things unbearable for the rest of us." Smiling still, she took the extended hand and gently shook it. "It's a pleasure to meet you then Ash. My name is Sobi Adrianna Lemos. I'm an Equine Breeder and Trainer. I'm not a candidate though. And just call me Sobi obviously.

A thought occured to her. "You said you were training to be a veterinarian right? That's a really important job, it means you and I would probably have met sooner or later too. And at least it means we have something in common." She sighed then shrugged. "So tell me, what is your opinion about the dragons?"
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Darurii Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:27 am

Eh, a horse girl. If he had to specialize in an animal, he's considered horses. With the advent of the dragons, though, they had a fierce competitor. And look, an opportunity to talk about them. Wonderful. "Well, having never met one, I can only have a limited opinion, but I do think that they are amazing creatures. I just hope that they'll do as well as they need to. The sleds won't last forever, after all..." After a moment, he laughed slightly. "Better things to think about, though."

He gestured around at the stone walls. "How long until we start spreading out of here, you think? Especially considering how long they expect a draconic generation to be, there won't be room for all of us for too long." He blushed faintly, looking abashed. "I admit to betting a friend that a second major site will be found and people will start heading out within a year."
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:36 pm

Sobi smiled, really quite amused with the way the young man spoke to her. "Well, everyone has their own opinion about such things, I suppose. If the people that made the dragons are correct and the do as they're supposded to, then they'll multiply on their own and there won't be any room for the rest of us." She grinned then shrugged. "As for spreading out, my bet it after that other group of eggs they made hatch and start getting larger."

She shook her head at the mention of a bet. "Though I think it's wrong to bet on such things; tends to make the opposite happen you see, I think that you are probably right and we'll be spreading out either by the end of the year or a little bit after that."
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Darurii Fri Jul 24, 2009 3:04 am

Ash nodded slowly as she spoke. Aye, it made sense. "So when - well, technically if - a new site is found, will you be headng out, or do you think you'll stay here? Personally I like it here, so I doubt I'd go. My parents are considering it, though. There are quite a few vets here already." He shrugged. "So, where were you headed? I was just on my way back from visiting my parents." He waved a hand over his shoulder.

((Eh, failpost by my standards))
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:13 pm

Sobi grinned to herself at how friendly this person was. Maybe a friend would come out of this day yet. "Well, my family and I haven't been here for to long so we plan to stay for a bit. There are others that work with and breed horses but my family likes the land here and I like the people. And if you think there are to many vets, you and your parents could always try learning how to take care of the dragons. That would be something challenging to try." She shrugged slightly. "It's all up to you I suppose though." She blinked at his question. "Where was I going? Well I just came from working with my favorite horse so I thought I'd get a bath first before heading to the kitchen to get something to eat."
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Darurii Tue Jul 28, 2009 1:41 am

Ashern shrugged. "I've considered it, but my parents refuse to. They like the work they do now way too much to consider specializing in something else. Besides, everyone else is clamouring over the dragons. Some vets need to keep on with their normal work!" He grinned. "Well, maybe I'll see you later, then. I'm not usually too hard to find." To be honest, he was a bit dirty too, but that wasn't the sort of thing to bring up. It wouldn't be awkward, but it wasn't really polite either.
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:31 am

Sobi nodded. "Staying as you are isn't a bad thing either. Like I love taking care of my horses, so I'd NEVER even think about changing what I do for a living. I enjoy it way to much for that." Then of course he excused himself to go. "I hope I do see you later! It was nice meeting you Ashern!"

[[And that should end it up. Nice roleplaying with you.]]
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down