Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend]

+6
Darurii
Hesper
Namara
GoldRiderKeistra
Charm
Iskiea
10 posters

Go down

Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] Empty Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend]

Post by Iskiea Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:36 pm

IC Time: Mid Spring
IC Setting: warm sunny day, no chance of rain.
IC Note: Those women who were pregnant at the hatching have given birth already. Congratulations girls.

Today the Geneticist after the events that had happened at the hatching and since the next one was no more than a month away the Geneticists believed that it was time to re-evaluate those they had chosen as it seemed that there was something wrong with their choices. Today they had gathered all the candidates [no one had an excuse not to attend] they had gathered them all in the communal area and sat them down.

"No questions about why you are here, you are simply to fill out this paper honestly and then upon handing it in continue about you're normal duties"

It was then they handed out the sheets to everyone along with a pen, returning to their creepy almost guard like position barring anyones exit from the place. They were also being graded unknown to them on their reactions whilst filling out this questionnaire.

======

[This is to be filled out in character by your character.. and no they don't know what the geneticists are planning. No, no one misses this or are late. have fun ^.^]

======

Name:

======

What do you think will make you a good Rider?

Any Disabilities?

Any Inherited Genetic Disabilities?

If so, What are they?

======

Do you have pets?

How Many?

Will you be willing to let some go should you Impress?

Do you have anyone to take care of them instead, should you impress?

======

Do you own Land?

Are you willing to forfeit that land upon Impressing?

Do you have someone you wish the land to go to should you Impress?

======

Do you have a Signifigant Other?

Are they a Candidate?

Are you married, or planning to get married soon?

Do you have any children?

How many and how old?

Do you have anyone to look after them should you impress?

Are You Pregnant?

If so, When are you Due?

If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress?

======
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] Empty Re: Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend]

Post by Charm Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:11 am

Tylar traced patterns on the table she was at aimlessly, wondering why she was here. For some God-forsaken reason the Geneticists had decided to shepherd all the candidates in here and now they wouldn't even tell them why they were here. Tylar could be doing much better things with her time right now. But...well, she'd never admit it, but she was actually kind of interested to see what was going to happen, so she couldn't pretend to sulk too much. She was half-hoping it was going to be something exciting to do with the dragons (maybe they'd bring one of the dragons in there?)......but no, no, it turned out they had to complete some sort of test instead. What? Well, that was no fun.

She picked up the paper and looked down at it, twisting a strand of honey-blonde hair around her finger. Huh. Some of these questions were like...totally personal. But if they had to answer them, they had to answer them. Tylar grinned mischievously; they wanted honest? Fine, she'd give them completely honest....

Tylar wrote: ======

Name: Tylar Montgomery
Birth month: Mid Autumn
Sexual Orientation: straight

======

Well how should I know? Not like you told me when you picked me. But is' probably my bubbly upbeat personality, and that I'm hard to anger and easy to please. I know how to deal with upset people (just ask my cousin Aria) or animals, for that matter. If I think something needs to be done, I'll do it myself, too.

Any Disabilities?
Me? Disabilities? No way.

nope. I'm just one tiny batch of perfect....

If so, What are they?

======

Do you have pets?
You bet. Blue dragonet named Cody, sweet little thing.

How Many?
one.

Let Cody go? No way, not on your life. Not when I've seen those dragonriders from the first clutch walking about with dragonets and firelizards on their shoulders.

If I had to, I'd make my cousin Aria take him. But she's a candidate too, so if she Impresses I guess I'm just stuck with him!
======

Do you own Land?
Hah, I wish,

Nope, 'cause I don't have any.

My dragonet?

======

What's it to you? Possibly. We're not together-together, but it could happen.

Are they a Candidate?
Nope.

Married? Not likely.

No...

How many and how old?
one, two thousand seventy nine.

My dragonet

Are You Pregnant?
No! How could I dance if I was pregnant huh? Tell me that.

If so, When are you Due?
Yesterday.

If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress?
Yes. To my dragonet.

=====

She hid a giggle behind her hand. That had been more fun than she'd expected, anyway. She stood up, handed the paper to a stern-looking Geneticist, and swept out of the room. Maybe the water was warm enough to swim in today....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rowan looked around curiously, wondering why they'd been asked to come here. She wondered if it had to do with the hatching; was it going to be soon? She did hope she Impressed....But she did wonder why it was they wouldn't tell them why they were here. Wasn't that only right, to tell them? But it seemed like they were being given some sort of test; perhaps this was some sort of an experiment....She didn't know; Rowan did not understand the ways of the ZGeneticists and better than the next person.

She was handed a paper, and looked down at it. Some sort of evaluation, to make sure they were ready for the hatching? Well, it shouldn't be too much of a problem....She picked up her pencil and started.

Rowan wrote: ======

Name: Rowan Trelawney
Birth month: Early Spring
Sexual Orientation: heterosexual

======

Well to be honest, I'm not quite sure. I suppose it may be because I believe anything is possible if you set your mind to it. I like exploring new ideas. I try not to take things for granted, instead questioning things and ideas.

Any Disabilities? not that I know of....unless you mean in personality? I suppose you could count the fact that I do have problems with my temper as a disability?

Any Inherited Genetic Disabilities? No, I don't think so....though I suppose I wouldn't really know as I was adopted and never knew my parents or any disabiliteis they may have had.

If so, What are they?

======

Do you have pets?
Yes, a green firelizard by the name of Swirl.

How Many?
One.

Let Swirl go? Well, I wasn't under the impression that we may need to - I've seen dragonriders that are also owners of firelizards - but I suppose if I had to choose between a dragon and Swirl, I'd let her go, though it would make me quite sad to do so.

Well no, not really.

======

Do you own Land? No.

======

Do you have a Signifigant Other? No, no, I don't.

Are they a Candidate?

Well I do plan to get married sometime in the future; however I understand that that would have to wait until after my dragon grew up, should I Impress.

No.

How many and how old?

Are You Pregnant?
No.

If so, When are you Due?

======

There, finished. She looked down at the paper critically, realizing with slight dismay that while she'd been thinking about answers she'd doodled on the paper. It was a habit she had, being an artist and all. She hoped the Geneticists didn't mind. Standing up, she handed in her paper with one last curious glance at it, and exited.
Charm
Charm

Back to top Go down

Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend] Empty Re: Candidate Re-evaluation Session [All Must Attend]

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Tue Aug 18, 2009 2:29 am

Aria and Reivyn walked side by side through the communal area and took seats near each other. They didn't know each other, of course, they'd just happened to come in at the same time. Neither knew what exactly it was that the geneticists wanted, but both knew that it had to be something important. So both sat down and began filling out the required paperwork given to them.

--

Name: Aria Louisa Montgomery
Birth month: Mid Summer
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual - Likes Men

======

What do you think will make you a good Rider? Being a Dragonrider, and Impressing to one of those amazing creatures is one of the most exciting and terrifiying times any person can go through. It means you're never alone, and that you've always got someone to talk to and trust inexplicably with everything you have. So why would I make a good dragonrider? Because I don't think I deserve it, because I don't think I'm better than anyone else, mostly because I want more to see one of those beautiful creatures happy than make some stupid claim of fame and glory. Those sorts of things are for other people, not for me. I'd just be happy to try, to be given that chance. Then let history make of me what it will.

Any Disabilities? no

Any Inherited Genetic Disabilities? no

If so, What are they? none

======

Do you have pets? Yes

How Many? One; A Gold Dragonet Named Jyluu

Will you be willing to let some go should you Impress? No, and I shouldn't have to anyways since I've seen dragonriders with them.

Do you have anyone to take care of them instead, should you impress? Yes, my cousin Tylar; though she's a candidate too...

======

Do you own Land? No

Are you willing to forfeit that land upon Impressing? n/a

Do you have someone you wish the land to go to should you Impress? n/a

======

Do you have a Signifigant Other? That's certainly none of YOUR business

Are they a Candidate? n/a

Are you married, or planning to get married soon? Also none of your business

Do you have any children? No

How many and how old? n/a

Do you have anyone to look after them should you impress? n/a

Are You Pregnant? No

If so, When are you Due? n/a

If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress? n/a

--

Name: Reivyn Istella Corragin
Birth month: Early Spring
Sexual Orientation: Heterosexual

======

What do you think will make you a good Rider? Being a Dragonrider would make for one heck of an exciting adventure. With lessons to try and teach you how to take care of the baby dragon to flying in the sky once they're old enough, being a Dragonrider is one exciting thing after another; and makes you want to live soley for that moment without ever thinking ahead. So why do I think I'd make a good Dragonrider? Well....I'm lively and entergetic and I enjoy helping out others in whatever way I can. I don't like to think ahead, so something like a gold wouldn't be for me, but a nice, flirtaeous green or whatever else, that would be just fine. Besides, I'm charming and easy-going, and make friends easily.

Any Disabilities? No

Any Inherited Genetic Disabilities? No

If so, What are they? n/a

======

Do you have pets? No

How Many? n/a

Will you be willing to let some go should you Impress? n/a

Do you have anyone to take care of them instead, should you impress? n/a

======

Do you own Land? No

Are you willing to forfeit that land upon Impressing? n/a

Do you have someone you wish the land to go to should you Impress? n/a

======

Do you have a Signifigant Other? Nope, but I'm working on it.

Are they a Candidate? n/a

Are you married, or planning to get married soon? No

Do you have any children? No

How many and how old? n/a

Do you have anyone to look after them should you impress? n/a

Are You Pregnant? No

If so, When are you Due? n/a

If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress? n/a

--

Once both girls had finished, they went to opposite sides of where the Geneticists were waiting and each dropped their papers off. Aria still didn't see a reasoning for the stupid papers but Reivyn was just happy it was over; she HATED things like that. Both left the area in much the same way as they'd arrived.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Namara Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:07 am

Kaimry walked into the room,wondering what in the world was going on.Who were these creepy people, and what did they want? She sat down at a table, that had a peice of paper and a pencil on it. She sat there for a few minutes, toying with her pencil. One of the geneticists looked at her with a glare.She realized she should probaly flip the paper over and fill it in.She looke at the paper.She says to heself quietly "Some of these are very personal..."

Name:Kaimry Walker
Birth month:Early Winter
Sexual Orientation: Straight
Okay the first Questions were done. Pretty easy, except it took her a while to remember her birthmonth, as she hadn't celebrated it for years.

I really dont know. Isn't that up to you creepy people? I guess my talent for music and Trouble could be a good reason.

Any Disabilities?
Err....No?
I Couldnt tell you.

If so, What are they?
I said No!
The second set was done. These people were staring to creep her out. They wanted to know so much, but why?

Do you have pets?
Yes.

How Many?
One little Green Firelizard name Emmy
ARE YOU KIDDING??? Not a Chance you weirdos, Not a chance!
Do you have anyone to take care of them instead, should you impress? No I dont. Im all alone up here.
I will never give up Emmy she thought as she filled in the next bunch.

Do you have a Signifigant Other? NO!

Are they a Candidate?
no.
No
no
How many and how old?
Over 9000 years old.
My 400 ton giant kittycat, that breathes Poison fumes.
Are You Pregnant?
no!
If so, When are you Due?
no!
If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress?no blah blah blah.
Finally she was done with these Annoying questions. She drew a Picture of a gaint kitty breathing toxic air, handed the paper in and left the room,trying not to giggle. she wondered what this was about, but then though about lunch instead and headed to the dining cavern.
Namara
Namara

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:55 am

Malcolm was just getting in from work, heading back to the barracks. He knew that the Geneticists were gathering everyone there today to do assessment tests or something like that. He honestly didn't understand it, if they were good enough to stand for the first clutch why couldn't they just stand for the second? He didn't argue though, that wouldn't help for him to impress. He sat silently, patiently and attentive as they handed out the papers. He looked it over before starting to answer. At least it was a fairly short question sheet.

Name: Malcolm Young
Birth month: late summer
'That wasn't so bad. Fairly easy so far.' He thought to himself.
======

I'm not the type to shy away from hard work. Responsibility is very important and being a nurse I am not a stranger to responsibility. I am reliable, very caring, understanding, and a very fast learner.

Any Disabilities?
None

None that I am aware of.
If so, What are they?
N/A
Those were a bit rougher, but still not bad.
======

Do you have pets?
Yes

How Many?
Just one, a bronze firelizard.

If it was absolutely needed, I would, but I don't think it's that easy with firelizards.

Yes
'I would hate to give Juergy up, but a dragon would be so much more important.
======

Do you own Land?
No, I haven't claimed any as yet.

Yes, I most certainly would be.

Not at the moment, but I'm sure I could find someone.
======

Not really, but kind of.

Are they a Candidate?
Yes

No, absolutely not.

No

How many and how old?
N/A

N/A

Are You Pregnant?
Not possible

If so, When are you Due?
N/A

N/A

Malcolm looked over the questions and his answers a few more times before getting up to turn it in to the geneticists. He still wasn't so sure about these questions, but it hadn't been that painful to complete. He smiled sweetly as he handed it over to the woman. Didn't hurt to be nice to the people the held your future in their hands.

Tabitha hadn't even batted an eye at the gathering of all the candidates. Of course being the worker she was naturally helped her with things like this. She was use to piles of paper work, so what was one little question test?

She smiled as she was given the paper and a pen. Tabitha always had her own pen on her, but she didn't say anything. No need to not be gracious for them providing the things needed. Now onto the test.

Name: Tabitha Wosley
Birth month: Late Autumn

======

I'm a very hard worker and don't give up on something just because it turns out to be more difficult than planned. I love a challenge and can tackle any task set before me. I'm a good listener and can be a good leader if the need calls for it. Responsibility and determination is my middles names.

Any Disabilities?
None

None

If so, What are they?
N/A
======

Do you have pets?
No
How Many?
n/a
n/a
n/a

======

Do you own Land?
No, I do not.
n/a
n/a
======

Yes
Are they a Candidate?
No
No we are not. He is a rider already.
No
How many and how old?
n/a
n/a
Are You Pregnant?
No
If so, When are you Due?
n/a
n/a

Tabitha, like with most things, was very straight and to the point. She didn't babble on and on about things that wasn't important. She answered the questions honestly and quickly. She got up and handed the pen and the answered paper over to the ladies. She knew some of them better than some people here, being a xenobiologist and all.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Darurii Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:59 am

Ashern stretched his arms behind him as he ambled into the communal area. He wondered idly what it was all about, but figured he'd find out soon enough. When he found out that he wasn't going to find out, he just shrugged and smiled amiably at the older guy passing him a sheet of paper. The geneticist didn't respond, though, and turned away with the same stern expression. Oh well. Ashern turned towards the sheet - was it some sort of test? He scanned the questions. Ah. A personal questionnaire. He could do that.

Name: Ashern Korran [Ash]
Birth month: May
Sexual Orientation:

Ash paused and reread the question. What did that have to do with anything? After all, he was still trying to sort out that sort of thing for himself. Why did they need to pry? Eh, perhaps he was just being a little stiff. If there was a chance it affected the dragons or Impression, they had a right to know. After a moment, he scrawled down his answer:

Bi-curious.

It was the most honest, after all. They could figure it out that he wasn't sure but had looked both ways.

======

Well, not much knocks me off balance. I always do my best, stay calm, and remain optimistic. I am dedicated to my work and never allow others to irritate or provoke me.

Any Disabilities?
Not that I know of.

Not that I know of.

If so, What are they?
n/a
======

Do you have pets?
[s]no[/s] One firelizard, bronze Headlight
How Many?
[s]n/a[/s] One
[s]n/a[/s] Were it possible to release/transfer firelizards, it would be considered, but I would rather not.
[s]n/a[/s] Were it necessary, my parents could care for Headlight temporarily, but as I am his owner... Firelizards don't seem to change who they look to.
======

Do you own Land?
no
n/a
n/a
======

no
Are they a Candidate?
n/a
n/a
no
How many and how old?
n/a
n/a
Are You Pregnant?
Anatomically impossible
If so, When are you Due?
n/a
n/a

He smiled slightly as he scribbled in the last few answers. No, he was not bearing any children. Still, it was obviously a generic sheet, and there were a lot of female candidates. Just looking around quickly there were tons. He stood, rolled his shoulders sightly to loosen them, and handed in his form before quietly vacating the room. Perhaps there would still be some food available...

((Note: Replies in bold have been updated due to the retro-hatching of his firelizard.))

Last edited by Darurii on Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:43 am

Asdra reclined casually as everything was explained and the questionaires were handed out. He glanced over his and snorted aloud. Why ask him these questions? If they'd been watching him as closely as they said they were, they'd know the answers to most of these already...with a sigh, he set to answering them.

Name: Asdra
Birth month: Summer

======

Whatever makes me who I am now.

Any Disabilities?

No.

No.

If so, What are they?

n/a

======

Do you have pets?

Yes

How Many?

one

I only have one, why should I let him go if I Impress?

No.

======

Do you own Land?

No.

n/a

n/a

======

No.

Are they a Candidate?

n/a

No.

No.

How many and how old?

n/a

n/a

Are You Pregnant?

n/a

If so, When are you Due?

n/a

n/a

There, he thought. That should be good for now.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonneth sat patiently, containing his anxiety as the questionnaires were passed out. He glanced it over and a small smile crept across his face. Why had they put some of those questions on his sheet? Was it just easier to standardize the questions and go from there? He didn't bother to worry about it much, and just set to answering the questions.

Name: Gonneth Connelly
Birth month: Autumn

======

My ability to strategize and play things out as they happen.

Any Disabilities?

None.

None.

If so, What are they?

n/a

======

Do you have pets?

Yes.

How Many?

One.

I don’t think I could ever let Twilight go, no matter what.

Probably.

======

Do you own Land?

No.

See above.

See above.

======

No.

Are they a Candidate?

n/a

n/a

Nope.

How many and how old?

see above.

See above.

Are You Pregnant?

n/a

If so, When are you Due?

n/a

n/a

Without a word, he handed his paper in and left.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:05 pm

Ayana walked in keeping a close eye on the people that scared her. No matter what the situation they scared her. She sat at one of the various tables with a piece of paper and a pen. She personalily did not like to use a pen and prefered a pencil but she could deal. She flipped over the paper and throughly read it before she awnsered anything. It was a habit from teaching.

Name:Ayana Kalren
Birth month:Late spring
Sexual Orientation:Straight

======

I could teach the future generations rider what they need to do, how to do and the other important information that they need to know to prevent them from losing their lives or to many lives.
Any Disabilities?
None that I am aware of.
If I knew I would not be a teacher.
If so, What are they?
N/a
======

Do you have pets?
Yes
How Many?
one, a green flit named Spring.
No I wouldn't and I don't think you can get rid of a flit
No, because I son't want to lose her.
======

Do you own Land?
No.
If I had some then yes.
No. I don't.
======

Possibly.
Are they a Candidate?
Yes.
No, I don't think I am ready for something like that.
No.
How many and how old?
N/a
No.
Are You Pregnant?
No.
If so, When are you Due?
N/a
That won't be nexxecary. I can't have kids.

With that last sentence written down she got up and stormed off to the creepy people she did not like.

"I hope you are happy that you are tearing someone up inside." Ayana growled, handed the papper to them then stormed off.

Last edited by Otania on Sat Aug 22, 2009 12:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Fri Aug 21, 2009 5:15 am

Kira
Kira looked about her scowling a little for she had promised to take Ryoushi out to hunt. But then, these Geneticists cornered her before she could even get out of her quarters. With a sigh, she had followed those that were herded/gathered by the Geneticists into this communal area. She sat as the others sat, some of them clearly confused with what was going on. Then the Geneticist handed each one of them a piece of paper and a pen to write with. Kira accepted the paper and pen graciously enough, her curiosity piqued and looked at what was written on the paper.

It was a questionnaire to be filled but those questions that she read on the paper were pretty personal and really, none of those Geneticists' business. However, with a sigh, Kira started to answer them for she knew that those Geneticists had somewhat of a say on who can and cannot be a Candidate. She was silent as she wrote her answers to the questions on the paper with most of them not really applicable to her.
Kira wrote...
Name: Kira Kavanagh
Birth month: Mid-Winter (Kira had to think of an answer for this for she knew that they no longer had called the months here the same as they once did back on earth. But after a while, she remembered that her family used to celebrate her birthday during mid-winter)

======

What do you think will make you a good Rider? (Kira had to think for a bit for her answer here. She wasn't really sure if she had what it took be be a rider much less become a good one. But after pondering for a few minutes she wrote her answer as honestly as she could.) My determination to fight Thread. To stop Thread from ever killing anyone else like it had with my parents. To make sure that my dragon is well cared for before and after Threadfighting.

Any Disabilities? None

Any Inherited Genetic Disabilities? None that I know of.

If so, What are they? Not applicable.

======

Do you have pets? Yes

How Many? Two. An Arctic Wolf, Ryoushi, and a Bronze Firelizard, Kagemusha.

Will you be willing to let some go should you Impress? No. Ryoushi would never follow someone else as her master. She'll follow my foster father temporarily but not permanently. And besides, Ryoushi is my friend not just my pet. I am not about to give her up just because I Impressed. And as for Kagemusha, he is Impressed on me. I don't think I can make him leave me nor would I want him to. (Kira wrote her reply scowling a bit at the audacity of the Geneticists for even suggesting that she abandon her pets.)

Do you have anyone to take care of them instead, should you impress? I do have someone, Morgen Remington, my foster father, would gladly care for my pets should I be unable to care for them. However, why would I want him to when I'm more than capable? Like I wrote on the previous question, Ryoushi is not about to permanently follow anyone's orders other than mine and Kagemusha is Impressed on me.

======

Do you own Land? No, although I did inherit the land of my parents, but it has been abandoned since I started living with Morgen.

Are you willing to forfeit that land upon Impressing? I never really owned it so I don't care about letting someone else have it. Besides, I don't think I can make myself build a home there, where my parents died.

Do you have someone you wish the land to go to should you Impress? If Morgen would want to, he is welcome to it, but he has land of his own so... *shrugs* (Kira wrote unable to really finish the sentence.)

======

Do you have a Signifigant Other? No, I am still single.

Are they a Candidate? Not applicable.

Are you married, or planning to get married soon? No, I am not married, and no, I am not planning to get married soon.

Do you have any children? (Kira had to smirk at this question before she wrote her answer.) No, none.

How many and how old? Not applicable.

Do you have anyone to look after them should you impress? Not applicable.

Are You Pregnant? No.

If so, When are you Due? Not applicable.

If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress? Not applicable. And even if it was, I would not give up my baby. I would find a balance between caring for my baby and caring for my dragon. I would probably ask for a nursemaid, but I will not entirely give up my children if I had any.

Kira wrote her answers and then shrugging her shoulders as she reviewed her answers. She didn't know if they passed muster from the Geneticists but hopefully, they would take into consideration that she had answered as truthfully as she could. Getting up from her spot, she handed her answered questionnaire and left the communal area. She looked back at the others that were still answering the questionnaire and with another shrug of her shoulders, headed outside. Ryoushi had managed to follow her and Kagemusha was patiently waiting for her draped over Ryoushi's back. Kira smiled at them and with a flick of her head towards the nearby woods, the three of them were off to hunt some game with Kira and Ryoushi running and Kagemusha silently flying after them.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Fri Aug 21, 2009 8:00 pm

Alicia was actually grateful for this chance to come and get out of work like normal. In fact it was good; she had punishment duty for spilling some sugar, and was to wash a bunch of dirty old dishes. This had come and saved her! So she set about to take as much time as she could. Maybe if she got lucky she could avoid doing the duty altogether. Its not her fault Leaf mistook the sugar container as a bag and knocked it over! She thought to herself, when will they learn the owner is not responsible for the flit.

Well, regardless, it was time. She tapped the pencil on the desk, and read through all the questions a few times. Damn, it looks like it could be skipped for the most part. Well, she would just take her time then.

======

Name: Alicia Silverton
Birth month: September
Sexual Orientation: Mostly straight.

Well, that worked. Took a little while to fill it out, rewrite answers, take her time... and the answer was true for her orientation. She loved boys, but had a few thoughts about girls sometimes! Well, now on to the next ones.

======

What do you think will make you a good Rider? I am able to handle my firelizard well, she obeys me almost all the time. And I am strong willed! No one can tell me no when I set my mind to it. I think I would make a great dragon rider because my dragon and I would understand and work well together.

Any Disabilities? None, unless being too good looking counts!

Any Inherited Genetic Disabilities? Nothing my mother has told me of.

If so, What are they? No Answer.

Well, that bit was down. That had taken some more time, and she spent a bit more rewording the lines to sound more impressive. The next bit was going to take time.

======

Do you have pets? Yes, my lovely Leaf, my firelizard!

How Many? Just Leaf.

Will you be willing to let some go should you Impress? Why would I? I don't think you can give them up and I would not want to! Besides I've seen the current riders with their flits all the time, so anyone whom told me I would have to give up Leaf would get punched in the face, cause I know they would be lying.

Do you have anyone to take care of them instead, should you impress? If it were another pet, like a dog of some type, my mother maybe, but she does not like pets. And I would never give up Leaf, ever.

Ali suppressed a snort. Give up Leaf? No way! Although she was out playing with the other ones in the lake right now, which kept her helpfully out of the way. She could control Leaf... she just rarely chose to.

======

Do you own Land? I wish I did! But I do not.

Are you willing to forfeit that land upon Impressing? If I had any to give up, sure, cause a dragon is way cooler and more special than land. Anyone can have land, a dragon partner is forever!

Do you have someone you wish the land to go to should you Impress? Ummm, I don't have land, so this question is pointless?

Well a few more questions down, some more time wasted. With luck all the work her would be done soon. May as well get it over with now!

======

Do you have a Signifigant Other? No, but I'd like one, a nice strong guy who pays attention to me.

Are they a Candidate? If I don't have one they could not be a candidate could they?

Are you married, or planning to get married soon? I'm 17! Why would I wanna get married?

Do you have any children? No way! I don't want a baby to tie me down right now. Maybe someday I will but not yet!

How many and how old? See above, no kids.

Do you have anyone to look after them should you impress? Um... no kids, so who would need looking after?

Are You Pregnant? Well, I just had my period, so I am gonna take that as a no.

If so, When are you Due? Not anytime soon, since I am not pregnant.

If you due date is before the hatching, are you willing to give up your baby should you impress? I'd rather have a dragon than a baby, you can have more babies but only one dragon partner!

======

There, done. Those last questions had gotten kinda personal. But she had to answer truthfully and they would get the truth out of her! Ali tugged the paper up off the desk, walked over to the Geneticists by the door, and quickly walked out. She might linger in the hallways for a bit, to talk to the other candidates, but really it was just to avoid going back to work.
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum