Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching]

+8
Houka Ryuu
Syleni
Ridayah
Asdra
Charm
Darurii
Namara
Iskiea
12 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching]

Post by Otania Sat Aug 22, 2009 11:53 am

Ayana knew that she had been expelled. Too bad for them. She was not in a good mood the day the of the re-evaluation. And she wasn't much better know either. She was pretty sleep deprived. Her nightmares only waking her up who knows how many times in the night. Her dreams only of death and blood. She arivved at the sands a little bit late, dragons had already hatched, she didn't mind she missed them. Malcolm had not impressed yet and she was there to support him. As she walked towards where the stands were she walked by him.

"Sorry I am late." Then she kissed him on the cheek. "Good luck." She actually sounded happy. If he impressed she would be happy. After the kiss she went and sat with the other's.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Empty Re: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching]

Post by Rye Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:39 pm

Adrienne & Gold Galateath

Humming happily against the barrier lounged Galateath, with Adrienne relaxing against her shoulder, smiling rather absentmindedly. Ah, a hatching... a great day, yes? Hatching were nice, the goldrider mused, trying to work up the right excitement... but it just wasn't coming. She was preoccupied, and her mind was elsewhere, wondering where in the shells that bronze and his infuriatingly handsome Rider could be.

I'm sure Mikhael and Zharath are on their way, Mine. Don't worry yourself so... Enjoy the new hatchlings.

I'm trying, love, but I just can't. Zharath would know a hatching was occuring, and even if he didn't feel it Lulu would. I know Lynx let me know just about as quickly as you informed me... What if something happened?

If something was amiss, I'm sure Zharath would've sent out a mental cry. Dear heart, if you do not stop fretting, I'll... I'll tell Mikhael you were worried about him when he gets back. You know how amusing he'll find that.

You wouldn't.

Try me.

Adrienne just gave her bonded a long look, one which elicited nothing but a shrug of her wings from the Gold. After all these months, the pair knew each other's boundaries and how far they could be pushed, and as such Galateath had grown quite fond of teasing her Rider.

With a sigh, Adrienne gave it up and rubbed her gold's hide affectionately, admiring the light golden hues. Gala was right, if something serious had happened Zharath and Mik would've contacted them, right?

Sometimes she hated being in love.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sat Aug 22, 2009 2:00 pm

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

Leaning against the barrier a dragonlength down from Adrienne and her Gold, Cadmuth hummed while Roman just rested against his foreleg and grinned, his blue eyes bright with the celebration.

You are entirely too happy about this.

Really? Me? Ah, buddy, you're the one humming.

Snorting mid-chorus, Cadmuth shot his Rider an aggrieved thought before adding,

I have to. It's just... It's just part of being a dragon. Doesn't mean I'm happy or anything.

His smile widening, Roman patted the brown's leg fondly as he watched the proceedings, telling his bond silently,

Yeah, right. Whatever you say.

I'm completely serious.

Shaking his head and chuckling, Roman looked up at Cadmuth's whirling eyes before moving his gaze back to the eggs and the newest hatchlings. More dragons meant more Riders, and more 'Riders meant that his group would more than be likely teaching them.

Joy.

Ah, don't be so sarcastic. It'll be fine... I'll even let you-

His mood brightening, the brown adjusted his folded wings and settled himself as he asked,

Really? You swear?

Busting out into laughter at the brown's sudden mood change, Roman nodded and said,

Yes, Cadmuth. I'll let you scare them silly. We'll need some laughs.

Sighing happily in satisfaction, Cadmuth once again continued his humming, this time with more gusto and delight as accmpanied his sudden good mood. Roman, enjoying his dragon's emotions, started lightly humming as well, the sound making a light rumble in his ears as he watched the new dragons find their bonds.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sat Aug 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Malcolm watched in jealous concentration as a very handsome bronze hatched. A small part of him hoped that just maybe that was the dragon for him, but alas, it was not to be. He kept his disappointment from his face, there were still more to hatch and he was hopeful. Ayana came in, he smiled as he saw her. Malcolm had been a tad on the side of furious that she had been expelled, but he figured that there would be other things for her. He kissed her back before she went and sat down. Then his attention turned to the other baby dragons that were hatching.

Tabitha couldn't help but have a huge grin plastered on her face. She was the type that wore her emotions on the outside. A bronze hatched and found his and then a green and a very dark gold hatched. They seemed to have a bit of a run in, but other than that they respectively found their bonded partners and went about their ways. She found it hilarious how even as recently hatched babies, they had such distinct personalities.

Trent and Demath arrived at the hatching grounds a bit late, followed shortly by Sashike and Delanth. They had been oiling their dragons when the two of them started humming. Knowing what that meant they both had finished rubbing in the oil and headed to the sands as fast as possible.

They were saddened to see that six dragons had already hatched, but at least they hadn't missed all of them. "Oh, there's a seat." Trent said pointing to an empty spot in the stands. They headed that way and sat down.

'Those young ones better not try and take you from me.' Demath said in a very serious voice, almost suggesting that he would do some harm if one tried.

'Don't worry Demath. They could never take me from you. I love you too much, big lug.' Trent assured him with a wonderful scratch on the eye ridge. That seemed to put his bronze in a far better mood and he turned his attention to watching the rocking eggs.

'Hmph. Only one gold and bronze. This simply will not do, Sashike. How come there are so many blues and greens already? Us golds are the ones needed to make more of us.' Delanth said in the most prim of voices.

'Don't worry love there will be more.' She assured her then went back to watching the hatching.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sat Aug 22, 2009 7:19 pm

It seemed the more eggs that decided to rock and hatch the more activity it produced among the others. This time it was in the form of a rather deformed and lumpy large egg, it was misshapen and many of the geneticists were surprised to see it had lived this far. Surely whatever laid within was not going to be a normal specimen. It seemed as though they would be right, as the egg rolled one way, one could see a sickly grayish green looking leg stick out. Another one came to join it, however if one looked closely they could see there were two of the same leg. How in Pern was that possible, it was something that riled up chatter amongst the geneticists about possible outcomes.

The shell seemed to finally split in a rock hard, straight down the middle followed by thick gooey web like egg goop that stretched between the two halves till finally something, or more rightly two somethings flopped out. One a darker green than the other but both carried the same grey cast to it, not grey enough to make them indistinguishable but it was clear they were not healthy. The lighter of the two stood, it took a few attempts and her joints were stiff but she managed to stagger to her feet.

A look at those left and in an instant she knew who she wanted, reaching out to the mind of her chosen she found thoughts of another and looking at her sister seemed to converse with her before staggering off, tripping many times before she finally reached the one she had chosen.

'Aria... what kind of a name is that? Anyways my name is Finscoth.'

The other green, the darker twin she took longer to finally get up however she too a few less steps forwards before she sat into the sands. She looked towards the one her sister had told her about and reached out to her mind with a soft and extremely shy touch.

'Sissy told me to pick you Tylar, Sissy said it was what hers wanted. Sissy knows whats best.'

She didn't move much further from where she lay in the sands still some distance from Tylar.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Wynnfrith
Name: Wynnfrith
Colour: Green
Description: A small green of a dark greyish green colour, she will always have a frail half starved sickly look about her. Stamina is not her forte and she excells in short bursts of speed. She has a slightly lighter and more green coloured patch over her left eye. Just under 10ft long. Suffers from stiff joints and will find learning to fly difficult. Is suceptible to respiratory tract infections.
Personality: Lazy[Sloth-like]: Quiet. Soft-spoken. VERY Shy. Doesn't like flamboyant shows, like dancing. It's too provocative and draws too much attention.
Colour Code: #699864
Motto: Never give away the ending of a good story.
Rider: Tylar

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Finscoth
Name: Finscoth
Colour: Green
Description: A lighter green than her twin but no less grey tinted in her colour. She is just as frail and skinny as her twin but smaller in size. She is longer than her twin but will never match her height at the shoulder. Her light green colour can only be described as a desaturated chartruesse green. Just marginally longer than 10ft long. Likes to watch dancing but not dance herself. Suffer from stiff joints and will find learning to fly difficult. Is suceptible to respiratory tract infections.
Personality: Lazy[sloth-like]: Sarcastic. Aloof. Cynical.
Colour Code: #71C671
Motto: Mind your own business.
Rider: Aria

###

After that surprising entrance the hatching of a brown, a brown of interesting colours moved towards the younger green nosing her to check if she was okay. Getting the all clear from her he moved away again, asking the other twin too before finally swinging his head around to view everyone in the sands which was quite the feat as he surveyed each and everyone with his charming eyes that seemed to lure one in. He was quite the charming fellow it seemed as he gave everyone a good look. Finally his eyes fell upon a most depressive young man and his heart ached and drew him closer and closer to him.

Soon he was in front of him lifting his head with big whirling blue eyes looked up at Malcolm and spoke deeply within his mind. His voice was soothing and gentle and full of a love he would never have known till now.

'It is alright to grieve for that which is lost. I, your Iorath is here to comfort you. I will be here for you no matter what.'

His voice warmed ones heart, he was more than charming it seemed he had the heart of a gentleman to. A Gentle and kind one.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Iorath
Name: Iorath [yor-ath]
Colour: Brown
Description: A large brown among his fellow senior brown brethren. He has a tan color with a mud brown right hindleg and a chocolate brown left foreleg. He has dark brown splotches on his haunches. His wing sails are a dark tan color with light tan stripes. Will grow to a large 17ft in length.
Personality: Generous : Kind. Very charismatic.
Colour Code: #EE9A49
Motto: Always be more diplomatic with treasure.
Rider: Malcolm

[As I was having trouble pairing people up with dragons so that everyone got one (or two) the twins were born. Sadly the condition for their birth means that they won't be healthy like the others and will need physiotherapy to help improve their joints and muscles. They will live, but life with them will never be easy. ^.^ Hope you like them though]

Last edited by Iskiea on Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:42 pm

Aria had been watching as more and more eggs hatched, then with one egg hatched revealing twin greens, the young woman didn't know rather to be excited or worried about the sickly little hatchlings. All thoughts of this manner disappeared from her mind in an instant as one of the little greens met eyes with her and her whole world was changed in an instant.

Aria... what kind of a name is that? Anyways my name is Finscoth.

She blinked once, then again at the green's words to her. "What do you mean what kind of name is that? It's my name, silly green." She shook her head and corrected herself. "Silly Finscoth. Darling, are you hungry? Do you hurt overly much?" Her tone was affectionete and worried. She'd Impressed a very sickly little dragon but didn't really care. Finscoth was wonderful. She was so caught up in her own Impression that she didn't notice when Tylar Impressed the other green.

The green snorted lowly. I am not a silly green Aria, I am Finscoth. And yes I am hungry so feed me if you would. As for the hurting....yes I hurt a bit but you make it better somehow. Feed me now then, yes?

Aria knelt down and used the edge of her tunic to clean the little green off a bit more. "Yes, lets get you some food, then I think a doctor needs to look at you."

The new pair headed towards those that had already Impressed to find food for the hatchling green to eat; Finscoth tripping more than a few times on the way.

--

Reivyn watched in abject terror as one of the malformed eggs hatched. For a moment she thought they'd just lost there first hatchlings of the clutch but then the malformed monster split to show two fully formed, if a bit sickly but very darling, greens. Twin dragon, how unusual. But both found who they wanted among those gathered and the young performer let out a sigh of abject releif. She was glad to see they'd found the ones they wanted, but worried for them still. Sickly as they were, things wouldn't be easy for them, not ever. She hoped none of the other hatchlings had this problem and that there was still a chance for she herself to Impress on of Pern's most wonderful of creatures.

Looking around a bit as she shifted on the sands, Reivyn noticed the riders from the first clutch had started to arrive to watch. 'Well at least these little ones will get a nice reception.' Dragons were always welcomed, no matter what.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:50 am

CJ & Jareth

The ruffle of his hair by Jase helped shake the younger man out of his frozen state. CJ shook all over for a moment, and then glanced from Jareth to Jase to Jareth to Rikath to Jareth to his two flits and back again to Jareth, still trying to take it all in. Finally his eyes settled on Jase for a moment. "No, I... I guess not. Well, then, uh, I guess I should, ah, get over there with you. Hold still Jareth, while I get over there," He said to the little blue, whom was now trying to squirm his way over the railing.

'All right Cecil mine. Please come over here.' The little blue scooted back, sitting his butt down on the sand and still wriggling his tail. He looked up as his bonded, and seemed to smile.

It only took a few moments until CJ was on the other side of the railing, standing to face his bonded. The first thing he did was crouch down, and hug the blue, while Yeller and Josiah trilled and flew down to the sands beside their new brother in arms. Jareth crooned his delight at being hugged.

Then the blue looked up at Rikath. 'You are much bigger than me. How old are you, and what is your name? I am Jareth, and Cecil is my partner.' Jareth said proudly.

---------

Alicia and Lisbeth

Alicia had been eagerly watching as the first dragons began hatching. A blue there, a blue and a green splitting ways, but what about her? She had been hopeful at the green, then when she had impressed her heart had fallen. But that was only one, there would be more! Leaf seemed to think so, for she trilled excitedly on the young girl's shoulders.

Then a bronze had hatched and quickly following were the two... the green and the gold. Her eyes were only on the gold as she walked towards Tylar. Her mind flared with rage for a moment, why had that disqualified girl even deserved a bare glimpse of that beautiful, deserving gold? She was a queen, a true heir to dragonkind. Why was THAT girl getting her attention? There was no excuse for it. But then the moment came that she saw the little gold making her way away from the other girl, and heard something a bit unexpected and completely overwhelming.

'You are better than any girl around here Alicia. You are the only one good enough for me. I am Lisbeth, not Lissy or any other silly nickname you might be thinking. My name is Lisbeth and only Lisbeth'

The pose the young female dragon had struck was not at all lost on the girl. A gold in front of her, that was her partner and hers alone. Whom also seemed a fit pair, beautiful, sleek, and impressive. 'Of course I am. I am Lisbeth, best of all.' She lifted her head high, doing her best to look at her chosen eye to eye. She wasn't quite tall enough for that yet, but got close.

It helped when Alicia lowered to her knees and smiled wide. "Yes, you are the best of all, and always will be. You're my match. Lisbeth." She said the name aloud, liking the feel of it.

Lisbeth did too. She crooned delight at hearing her name. 'Good. No nicknames for me. And Alicia, I am hungry. We must find food now, especially if I am to stay looking the best.' She began looking around the new rider, inspecting to see if food was present and sniffing at the air.

"Of course, Lisbeth. We shall make sure to get you the food you need, and the most delicious we can get," Ali promised, grinning wide. Ooooh wait until those dunderheads in the kitchens hear about this! "Lets go," she said in a commanding voice, turning with a flick of her sundress. Lisbeth prowled along beside her, careful not to come into contact with any other than her chosen. Leaf trilled overhead, dancing in the air around both their heads.
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:25 am

Kira
After the first three, it was as if every other egg wanted to hatch and find their chosen riders. One after another a hatchling hatched, a Bronze that finally chose a rider from among the gathered Candidates, a Green a fellow Candidate that had been on the Warning List as far as Kira remembered. And a gold who at first went towards one girl from the Stands but then turned and chose a rider from among the supposedly Official Candidates. Kira smiled wistfully as each hatchling found their life partners but after making sure that the new pairs were okay, Kira sent her focus back to the rocking eggs.

And then, a rather malformed looking egg started rocking violently and after a while, the shell split apart down the middle to reveal not one, but two hatchlings instead. They were indeed green dragons but they seemed a bit sickly in color in Kira's private and silent opinion. Still, she smiled as those two greens readily found their Riders, one from among the Candidates, and one from among the Stands and if Kira wasn't wrong, she remembered the lass as one of those that had been expelled by those hard-hearted Geneticists.

After the birth of the twin dragons, a brown hatched and found in rider in the lad that Kira remembered had been part of the those that had stood in the Hatching Sands the first time. So, there are now 9 hatchlings who have hatched and successfully found their riders. Kira wondered how many more would hatch of if that was all the hatchlings what would be born this time around. It would seem that fate was still not favoring her and Kira sighed at her fortune. She did silently pray that all was not over and patiently waited and watched if any of the other eggs would decide to hatch and reveal another hatchling.

Zander
It had been a good thing that Zander had managed to pick a spot near the railings of the Stands for otherwise, he might not have witnessed the hatching of those twin dragons. That was a first in Zander's opinion but then again, this is only the second ever hatching that he has attended and who know, maybe twin dragons aren't so uncommon as twins with humans are. But, with all the commotion Zander really had a hard time on which hatchling to focus on. In the end, he decided to just focus on the mound of eggs that rocked. He wondered how many more would actually hatch. The last time, there had been a few duds and he fervently hoped that there wouldn't be a repeat of the previous disaster that had occured at the hatching.

And if there were still more hatchlings to come, he silently prayed that those hatchlings would be able to quickly find their riders. His mind wandered a bit as Zander tried to imagine what a hatchling would do if it didn't find his or her rider from among the people that are standing as Candidates in the Sands or satching as Spectators in the Stands. The next thing he knew, Elegance and Majesty were rubbing their little head on either side of his cheeks. The two of them were crooning for a change as they tried to comfort Zander and bring him out of his wild imagination of what might or might not be.

Soldier & Bronze Tiberiuth
Soldier had been up doing some exercise with Tiberiuth. Since he and the others were all new to being Riders, there wasn't a set routine for what Riders should be doing with their dragons. For now, Soldier deemed it a worthy exercise to do stretches and others that Soldier thought might help in making Tiberiuth fly faster and longer during Threadfighting. By now, Soldier had gotten used to the fact that Tiberiuth will always address him as Augustus, he just hoped that no one will ever hear Tiberiuth for Soldier still hasn't really let anyone else know of his real name.

After their stretching and wing exercises, Soldier usually bathed and oiled Tiberiuth and the Bronze usually rested for the rest of the afternoon. However today would be different, as Soldier was just about finished with Tiberiuth's bath when the Bronze started humming. Ceasar who had been happily swimming at the shore of the lake had also started humming. Only one thing would make the Brown flit hum and with a start, Soldier realized that the second hatching was about to commence.

The eggs are about to hatch, Augustus-Mine. We should really be there when the new little ones hatches. Tiberiuth said as he stood up from his position.

Soldier just said, "No, not until I am done with your oiling. Now sit yourself back down so I can finish the job." as he waited were he was for Tiberiuth to comply.

Tiberiuth sighed as he sat back down but he did complain in a grumbling voice, We really should be there, Mine. I am after all a Bronze and should be there to welcome my fellow brethren. as he unfurled his wings so that Soldier could oil the wing sails properly.

As Soldier bent to the task of oiling, all he said was, "I know that, but your welfare and health are more important to me than attending the hatching, now sit still."

Soldier finished in record time although, there a few spots that he missed. However, since Tiberiuth really wanted to be at the hatching, Soldier decided that he'll finish the other spots while Tiberiuth and them were at the Stands watching the hatching. It didn't really matter to Soldier if he didn't see the hatching at all. So, killing two birds with one stone he and Tiberiuth made their way back to the Hatching Sands where it was packed with people.

Looking about, Tiberiuth found a place where the other hatchlings were watching from the Stands. He saw that Delanth was already there, and making his way over to where the gold was, Tiberiuth nodded a greeting at Sashike before addressing Delanth.

Sorry, to be late. Mine was oiling me and we almost didn't make it. As he tried to nuzzle with the gold in apology.

Soldier followed Tiberiuth's wake with a rag on one hand and a jar of oil on another. He saw Sashike and he smiled fondly at her. He would have given her a kiss in greeting but his mind was in other matters, primarily finishing the rest of the oiling on the spots that he had missed. So, after a nod of greeting at Sashike, Soldier was once more bent on the task of oiling the spots that he had missed on Tiberiuth's hide.

Ceasar having realized where Soldier and Bronze Tiberiuth were headed, flew ahead of them and found a ledge where he could perch and watch the hatching as he hummed a welcome to the new hatchlings.

Alex & Brown Lucath
Alex had sort of followed Soldier's example of doing wing exercises for Lucath. However, where Soldier normally bathed and oiled Bronze Tiberiuth, Lucath more or less wanted to eat after finishing the exercises. Therefore, Alex and Lucath had been at the feeding pens when Beloved, Warrior, and Lucath started to hum. Alex already knowing the reason why Dragonets, Firelizards, and apparently Dragons humming was because of an imminent hatching. Letting Lucath finish his currently kill, the four, human, dragon, dragonet, and firelizard, made their way to the Hatching Sands.

They had been late since Lucath wanted to eat another beast to sate his hunger. So, Alex wasn't able to greet Tabby before letting her step into the Sands. He had seen that the were others were already at the Stands watching the hatching. Soldier had even beaten him to arriving here, with a shrug, he made his way to where he and Lucath could watch the hatching. Alex surveyed the remaining Candidates and saw that Tabby was still in the Sands waiting. Then he surveyed how many hatchlings have hatched, having arrived late, he wasn't witness to the twin dragons as he counted that there were nine hatchlings already hatched, a gold, a bronze, a brown, 2 blues, and 4 greens. Then he looked back at the rocking eggs, he wondered how many more would be hatching today.

Lucath wasn't regretful for missing most of the hatching. After all, he was hungry and he didn't really want to hear his stomach growling while watching the hatching so he had eaten another beast to sate his hunger. Like with His, he was also surveying the remaining Candidates, looking on at his newly hatched brethren, humming more loudly in welcome to the hatchlings and for any other hatchling that might decide to hatch from their eggs.

Lesla & Green Oleksyth
Leksy liked to take walks outdoors with Lesla and so the three, Lesla, Leksy, and Lovely were near the lake when Oleksyth and Lovely started humming. Lesla having been hauled by her brother that first time at the hatching knew that the humming meant the second hatching was happening. However since they had gone a bit further than they normally did, it took them a while to reach the Hatching Sands. By the time they arrived, Lesla was sure the hatching was close to over since she noticed that there were already 9 hatchlings having already chosen their riders. With a glance around, she saw her brother with Cadmuth. The two of them, Lesla and Oleksyth made their to where Roman was seated with Cadmuth.

Taking a seat near her brother, she said, "Hey brother-mine." as she gave Roman a brotherly hug. "What has happened so far? Any more hatchlings to hatch?" she asked as she eyed the rocking eggs left.

Oleksyth settled herself behind Lesla and looking at her brown brother, she asked, Planning on scaring any of them, Brother-Dear? as she knew Cadmuth liked to be seen as a scary dragon. And she was mischievous enough that she just might help him. Still, she kept humming as she looked at the eggs, she was rather glad that the greens outnumbered all the other colors so far, as her eyes whirled a happy blue.

Lovely on the other hand, had joined the other flits that had perched on a ledge to watch the hatching from above. She lent her voice to the humming as she welcomed the new hatchlings and hopefully other hatchlings that were soon to hatch.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm Sun Aug 23, 2009 3:46 am

[insert Rowan's reactions which Charm is too lazy/has too little time to post right now]

Tylar settled back into her seat, eyes fixed determinedly on the remaining eggs. Every few moments they would flicker back to that haughty gold, no matter how hard she tried to stop them. Stupid gold; she'd show her. Much as she would never admit it, her words had stung. She was worthy. Those dumb Geneticists were wrong. They were wrong about Asdra. They were wrong about Emiline. They'd be wrong about her too, they'd see.

At first she almost didn't notice the oddness about the hatching egg, until the whispers and gasps around her made her blink and look around. She was just in time to see a lumpy egg shatter - and two bodies tumble out. What? Twins? She could immediately tell there was something wrong with them; even from the Stands you could see the gray tinge to their green hides. She remembered that....didn't gray mean sick? Did that mean these two wouldn't be healthy? She felt sorry for them.....and for their riders.

No, she shouldn't think that. Whoever they chose would still love and adore them because of the bond, no matter their health. And they weren't all that gray, right? They'd survive......so maybe they'd be a bit sickly but they'd survive. She forced herself to think that over and over, as she watched the difficulty with which the first, lighter green rose. She headed over to the candidates; no hope there. It took her a long time though ,as Tylar watched; she tripped several times, and each time the dancer held her breath, but she always got up again.

Finally she reached her destination.

It was Aria.

Aria Impressed! Yes, to the sickly green, but she'd Impressed! She waved happily to her cousin, so glad she'd managed to find her Lifemate. However, a flash of bitterness stole over her when she realized her cousin hadn't even seen.....She was supposed to be on those sands too, with Aria! They were supposed to share in the joy of Impressing together, as cousins and friends! It wasn't supposed to be like this What if Aria Impressed and Tylar didn't? What if suddenly Tylar was forgotten beside the green?

She didn't even notice the other, darker green get up. She was too busy looking at Aria and her new dragon, wide smile faltering though she tried hard to keep it in place in case her cousin should look up; she didn't. It was only when she felt something brush her mind that she looked around, startled. This wasn't like when the queen had spoken to her, a brazen, haughty presence; this touch was soft, gentle - quiet and giving off the distinct impression of shyness.

Sissy told me to pick you Tylar, Sissy said it was what hers wanted. Sissy knows whats best.

For a moment Tylar sat immobile, unsure who had spoken. Then her hazel eyes fell on the dark-colored twin, who had turned rainbow eyes straight at her. Tylar was caught in the whirling of her faceted eyes, and it took he rseveral moments to react, or even know what happened.

Tylar? came the tentative voice, sounding unsure. My Tylar.....is something wrong? Why do you not come to me? I - I am Wynnfrith, don't you want me? Her quiet voice had risen in pitched, starting to sound scared. Tylar instinctively shook her head violently, shooting out of her chair. No! No, Wynnfrith, I want you! I'll always want you.

The words came instinctively, as did the way she immediately thought them rather than attempting to shout. And then it sunk in. Wynnfrith....

She'd Impressed!

She'd Impressed the twin of Aria's green - and suddenly Wynnfrith's earlier words made sense. 'Sissy told me to pick you Tylar....Sissy said it was what hers wanted. So Aria hadn't forgotten her .And suddenly the thoguht that she ever would have seemed silly .Of course she wouldn't! And they'd both Impressed....maybe not both on the Sands, side by side, but they'd both Impressed! An incredible lightness filled her, and a bubbly, elated smile filled her face. As fast as she could, she raced over to the edge of the Stands and down the steps; she didn't have to push, because people made way automatically for her, and she heard congratulations called after her. Briefly she remembered how she'd feltsorry for whoever the greens' future riders would be, and thoguht how silly that was .She wasn't sorry at all! She'd Impressed! So what if Wynnfrith was a bit sickly, a little gray? She was just a bit underdeveloped, that was all - malnourished from having to share a normal-sized egg with another hatchling. She'd be fine. With Tylar to help her, she'd be fine.

She ran onto the Sands, and, when she reached her green, dropped to both knees and hugged Wynnfrith tightly. The green automatically shrunk away, not liking being so enveloped, and Tylar loosened her grip with a wide smile. "Thank you for choosing me, Wynnfrith. That'll teach those Geneticists, she thought with smug satisfaction, glancing at them. And that stuffy gold, too. Not worthy? Yeah right....I was the only one worthy to Impress Wynnfrith, wasn't I?

Sissy was right, Wynnfrith decided with quiet happiness. She told me to pick you and she was right. Tylar smiled. "Of course she was right. She has to be smart....she Impressed my cousin." Wynnfrith cocked her head slightly. You and Sissy's are clutchmates? The newfound dragonrider chuckled quietly. Not exactly. Our fathers were.....clutchmates.

Wynnfrith seemed to only half-understand, so Tylar changed the subject. She could feel her new charge's hunger as if it were her own, and it made her wince. "You're hungry, right? Let's get you some food. And are you okay? Do you hurt?"

The green nuzzled Tylar's hand. I am hungry.....And it does hurt a little....hard to move. But....you help. Tylar led her over to the others who had Impressed, but their progress was slow; Wynnfrith did not trip like her sister did, but in order not to she had to move quite slowly; her joints pained her, but it was starting to ease as she walked it off some.

Once they were within earshot, Tylar called, "Aria! Hey, Aria, look!" Wynnfrith winced away from the noise, immediately drawing closer to Hers and glancing around nervously. Please, Tylar....don't shout like that; it makes others stare. I don't like it when they stare.. Tylar gazed down at her, momentarily nonplussed. "You're...shy, aren't you? " Oh, she was. She'd Impressed a shy dragonet. Well, this should be very.....interesting. "Wonderful. Oh, well, if it's what you want, Wyn, I'll try not to shout."

Wyn? the dark-colored green asked uncertainly. But...I'm Wynnfrith. "I know, but its a nickname. Like my name is Tylar, but some people call me Ty." O-okay, Wynnfrith murmured, scooching as close to her Lifemate as possible to avoid the crowd that was beginning to press around them. She took some heart in seeing her sistersomeone she knew, amid all the strangers that she was sure kept looking at her......Sissy? Finscoth, Mine is here and wants to talk to Yours....

Last edited by Charm on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:56 am; edited 1 time in total
Charm
Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sun Aug 23, 2009 5:23 am

Sashike gave Soldier a small kiss back in greeting. He seemed rather preoccupied oiling the spots of Tiberiuth he didn't get and the hatching. She didn't mind though, she wasn't the type of woman who constantly needed the full attention of her man when he was near her. She nodded back to the handsome bronze.

Delanth nozzled Tiberiuth back, accepting his apology. 'That is okay, bronze one. Mine was oiling me before this. We almost missed it ourselves. Though there has only been one of you and one of me hatched. A brown just now hatched, that is better I guess.' She said, acting way too upset for such a trivial thing.

Tabitha gasped as the very odd shaped looking egg hatched, awkwardly spilling two dragons from the remains. Her hands went to her mouth as she saw how sickly the two greens looked, but other than that they seemed quite alright. Even the brown that had hatched without her noticing checked on them and didn't seem too concerned. They were certainly cute things despite their sickly appearance. She watched while they impressed and no longer felt worried for them. She saw Alex walk in and waved to him without too much notice. She really hoped she would impress this time.

Malcolm was as awe struck as everyone else at seeing two greens hatching from one egg. They were very gray tinted and seemed to be a bit sickly. Other than that they seemed okay and found their chosen partners respectively.

Malcolm's attention then turned to the charming brown that was checking on the twins before he himself began to look at the candidates on the sands. He was such an odd mixture of colors and patterns Malcolm couldn't take his eyes off him. That didn't help him believe it when the brown came and sat down in front of him and looked up at him with such loving, blue-swirled eyes. 'It is alright to grieve for that which is lost. I, your Iorath is here to comfort you. I will be here for you no matter what.'

Malcolm couldn't believe it, the brown had just impressed to him. Not only that he seemed to know exactly what was troubling him the most. Unabashed tears fell down his cheeks as he knelt down in front of his brown. He through his arms around Iorath's neck. 'Thank you, Iorath. What I have lost is nothing compared to what I have just gained in you. I bet you're hungry, aren't you?' Malcolm asked, getting back up.

'Food would be most wonderful, but I want to make sure that my other brothers and sisters hatch without problems. Do you mind if we stay close by them?' The large brown asked politely.

'Of course, what ever you wish Iorath.' He said and got a pail of meat to feed his brown with. He tried to get Ayana's attention in the crowd to show her how happy he was again. Hopefully Iorath would be able to make her happy again as well.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Sun Aug 23, 2009 6:48 am

As Asdra watched the dragons continue to hatch, he watched Aria Impress to a green; hoping he could catch her eye, he smiled at her...whether she took it as a smile or a smirk was entirely up to her. He continued to watch, wondering if Gonneth would Impress.

Mine, why are you smiling over there? She only Impressed to my sister! You should be more respectful, and bow or something!

She's a friend.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gonneth watched the eggs breaking open, watched the dragons choose those they wanted...and hoped against hope he would get one. They started by picking those the geneticists hadn't wanted to be candidates....would he get his chance?
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Sun Aug 23, 2009 11:32 am

Ayana whatched as the other eggs hatched. Once they hatched she did not look to see who they impressed too. She did not know many of the people here so she did not mind. Then she saw the brown hatch, for some reason she kept a close eye on it and she gasped with pure joy when the brown sat in front of Malcolm. She wanted to run down to him and hug him. However she might have gotten in trouble if she did. She did smile though and mouthed the words 'I would come down to you and kiss you but I may get in trouble'. And she made sure to mouth them slowly so that she knew he would understand.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Darurii Sun Aug 23, 2009 12:15 pm

So many eggs hatching, so much to look at at once! Ashern's gaze flitted between the shaking, cracking eggs and gleaming, wobbling dragons. Oh, why had he missed the first hatching? He openly stared at each new hatchling, his attention drawn away only when a sharp cheep sounded at his ear. He turned his head.

Headlight was perched on his shoulder and looking quite irritated that his pet had snuck off without him. He sniffed, now that Ash was paying attention to him again, and gazed out over the hatching eggs. His chest swelled with his hum as one in particular broke, rather roughly indeed. Ash laughed when he saw the first bronze of the batch emerge. "Smart, eh? I never thought you'd be able to notice another bronze in the shell, but hey!" He scratched the young firelizard beneath the chin. He didn't bother looking to see who the bronze had gone for; he figured a brown, at most, was more likely to choose him.

'Ashern, we get food now. Balanath is starving'

Ash blinked as Headlight stopped humming. "Excuse me?" he said quietly, looking around. Who was Balanath, and what were they talking about? Headlight fluttered off of his shoulder and landed beside the bronze hatchling, who hadn't moved far from his egg. The firelizard stared up at the larger bronze. With a sudden, sharp dip of his head, he sprang into the air and draped himself around Balanath's neck.

The bronze dragon stared at his new necklace, and then at Ash. One eyelid twitched faintly. 'Please get this thing off me,' he said stiffly. He shook himself slightly to see if Headlight could be easily dislodged, but the firelizard just swung through the air. He gave a cheerful peep and twisted his tail around Balanath's foreleg as far as he could reach. Considering that Balanath was still relatively tiny, most of it reached.

Rather shocked, Ash nodded quickly and hurried over to the two. "Headlight," he hissed. "Get off of him. What do you think his rider will say? Sorry," He apologized quickly to the dragon as he carefully pulled the young firelizard off. He tightly held Headlight to his chest, where the firelizard pouted, and gestured awkwardly for Balanath to continue his search. "Sorry about that. Please, don't let me get in your way."

Balanath cocked his head. 'My rider? Get in my way? What are you talking about? You are my rider.' He stepped forward and nosed Ashern's leg. 'So? What are you waiting for? I'm hungry. Do you have food for me or not?' He began sniffing Ash's legs. 'I don't smell anything very good... Well? I need food, even if I may not be the largest. Are you expecting someone bigger and fancier? Huh?' He nudged his rider a little harder.

Ash blinked. "I- I'm your - your - ..." He stopped to collect his thoughts. "You mean... You want me to be your rider? Me?"

The bronze snorted. 'Of course. Do you think I'd choose some other fool? Now come on. I said I'm hungry.' He began his awkward, newborn path across the sand, leaving Ashern no choice but to follow.
Darurii
Darurii

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:38 pm

Adrienne & Gold Galateath

When the twin greens emerged from their shell, Adrienne was drawn from her musings over Mikhael and she watched intently as the hatchlings found their partners. They didn't look so healthy, and the concern emanating from Galateath made their stress obvious the the Goldrider.

They aren't well.

You've already made that clear. Because of you, I'm fighting the urge to go over and cuddle them. Appreciate it, Gala.

Noting her bond's sarcasm, the Gold replied sweetly,

My pleasure.

Adrienne just sighed, watching as the new brown picked his life-mate... Wait. Was that..?

Your mate has arrived, Mine.

The tall woman couldn't smother the grin that pulled at her lips as Mikhael and Zharath strode over, and she didn't even protest as he draped his arm over her shoulders and kissed her cheek. He was here, he was safe, and all her earlier worries were gone.

Galateath, too, welcomed Zharath, rubbing her neck against his and greeting him with an affectionate croon.

Once her heart had settled, Adrienne turned and, with a happy glint in her blue eyes asked,

"Where have you been?"
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:05 pm

It seem after the burst of activity from those last two eggs that the others quelled, they remained so with little more than the occasional wobble for over an hour. In fact if it wasn't for the occasional wobble many would have considered the hatching to be over. One egg seemed to spring to life in it's wobbling, rolling of it's mound to finally come to stop in a wallow of sand. With a showy display light bronze wings helped the young hatchling burst from his shell proudly fanning them as he puffed his chest at the crowd. He certainly was a proud little thing as he stalked his way towards the stands, pushing the restraining hands away from him with an arrogant creel and snap he stalked up the stands to come and stop in front of a young man writing down the historical impressions.

'Arturius you have the name befitting of a king, I Galluth pledge my allegiance to you.'

He announced with great pride, his words were of honest truth and nothing more as he watched the man rise to meet his proud display. A smile tugged at his lips and he wished his sister was here to see this but she had other things to attend to. Together the pair descended the stairs, much like a regal and royal pair as under the begrudging direction of the geneticists they were indicated the direction of the food.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Galluth
Name: Galluth
Colour: Bronze
Description: An average sized bronze compared to all the bronzes that likes to think he is the largest among the other bronzes. He has a light bronze color and the only one so far who is solidly colored from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. His wing sails are the exception to the rule for they are a touch or two shades darker than the rest of his body. Grows to an average 17ft long.
Personality: Arrogant : Proud. Honest.
Colour Code: #E3CF57
Motto: Never become judge and jury without hearing the evidence.
Rider: Arturius

###

The next egg was not the largest from the clutch but it too showed a vigorous show of life, however the egg cracked in a more delicate way. With a gentle pop and crack the egg split, some what artistically though it was purely unintended as an almost white head slipped out. The audience gasped, was it a colour they had never seen before, then the light shining in through what was known as the cavern 'windows' caught her hide and a golden shimmer brought the white gold to life. As she stepped from her egg and unfurled her wings, she was indeed proved to be gold as one wing's sails gleamed one colour of gold, and the other wing's gleamed a glorious other shade.

In what seemed to be a very cheeky move she trotted, a little ungainly on her legs at first, towards the stands and wriggling through the barriers wings furled tight and close to her she came to sit next to this one woman as if she had been there the entire time. After what seemed to be a while, unfussed at the two children patting her and hugging her she looked at the woman and said simply.

'Beautiful day isn't it Izzy. I find hatchings so very exciting. Do you?'

Izulai was stunned at the presence of the gorgeous, albiet small gold that was sitting next to her. Her jaw seemed to drop for a moment before she managed to stutter a reply to the dragon sitting next to her.

"Y..yes I do... They're wonderful."

The gold nodded and then lent into Izulai with what seemed to be a happy sigh, watching over the eggs somewhat motherly but very content. Very slowly Izulai put an arm around her and even her two kids shuffled closer. One coming to sit dead in her lap as the gold leaned into the open embrace, warmth flooding Izulai's body as the gold spoke again.

'They are indeed. Like you are Izulai. If your wondering my name is Kashinath and yes I have chosen you.'

The gold said no more but Izulai got the impression she wanted to wait till the hatching was over till they moved and that's just exactly what they did.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Kashinath
Name: Kashinath
Colour: Gold
Description: This hatchling is small compared to all the other Gold Dragons currently in residence at the Caldera. Her coloring is a very pale gold with almost white splotches but tinged yellowish enough as to make the splotches white gold. Her white gold splotches cover her entire body. Her wing sails are sturdy but each has a different color. Her right wing sail is a goldenrod color while her left wing sail is a more golden yellow color. Will grow to 17ft in her length.
Personality: Friendly : Kind-hearted. Trusting. Diplomatic. Has a secret streak of pride and prankster side.
Colour Code: #FFE303
Motto: Always talk slowly but think quickly.
Rider: Izulai

###

Again the hatching seemed to dwell down and it seemed like nothing more was to happen, half an hour this time went by before anything happened and another egg shook. Rolled, Rocked and finally all four legs poked out the bottom, very brown legs.. with what looked a little to be light stripes on the front ones. He didn't look to be all that big either, as finally the tail slipped free of the shell and then the wings. Finally after some blustering about he had come free of his shell, and what a gorgeous brown boy he was. It didn't take him long to find exactly who he wanted and he blustered his way over to him in a rustle of wings. Then looking up at him he seemed like he was judging the boy, forming an opinion of him. Finally.. he spoke..

'Gonneth.. Your name is very dragon-like is it not. Well that will just not do.. hmm.. what shall I call you... John?....no..no that isn't right..'

His words were articulate, albeit very opinionated though he seemed to wander off in sentence before finally proclaiming to the young man his new name.

'Gonneth.. I suppose that'll have to do for now... at least until I can think of something more befitting of you. I am Belenth and no I can't change my name, it just doesn't work like that with us'

He explained, very clearly in his words and quite opinionated too as he had finally chosen his rider.

Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained [Hatching] - Page 2 Belenth
Name: Belenth
Colour: Brown
Description: A very small brown and last to Impress from among his clutchmates. He has chocolate brown color with very dark brown almost black splotches on his haunches and a very light brown leg stripes on his forelegs. His wing sails are a very light tan color with brown splotches lining at the edges and dark brown colored veins. Will be the smallest at 13ft long.
Personality: Opinionated : Blustering. Articulate
Colour Code: #8B4726
Motto: Never speak ill of the dead.
Rider: Gonneth

Last edited by Iskiea on Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sun Aug 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

Grinning as he hugged his sister back, Roman squeezed her too tightly for comfort before putting her down and listening as she said,

"Hey brother-mine. What has happened so far? Any more hatchlings to hatch?"

Nodding towards the Sands, Roman just smiled and said,

"I'm not exactly sure, Les. You know how I am with attention to details..."

That said, he flashed her another joyful grin, the emotions of the hatching running through him. As he turned his head back to the eggs and hatchlings, Cadmuth moved so that he could eye Oleksyth as he said,

Of course. Want to assist me? As Roman has told me, all evil genuises need a helper, and I am diabolical.

Hearing Cadmuth's reply to his sister's green, Roman just rolled his eyes and sighed before turning back to Lesla.

"Why were you late, Sis? I'm just curious..."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:47 am

Tabitha watched in hopeful anxiety as the last three eggs hatched. First a handsome bronze, very light in color, then an almost white colored gold, and finally another brown. They were all so cute and perfect, but she knew she'd only have a chance with the gold. Crossing her fingers behind her back and saying a small prayer, she hoped the gold would come to her. Unfortunately fate is a cruel mistress and the gold impressed to another.

She was heart broken. Once again she was left standing on the sands without a dragon of her own. Perhaps she was not meant to be a rider and all this time she thought she was. Small tears rolled silently down her face. She knew she shouldn't cry or feel so depressed. The geneticist would probably allow her to stand for the next hatching, but at that moment she wasn't sure if she even should. She was one of the older candidates as it was, what if she was too old by the time the next hatching happened? Tabby stopped herself from crying and straightened her shoulders. She would just have to cross that bridge when she came to it. For now, she would be happy for those who did impress.

Delanth bugled a loud welcome to the last of the hatchlings. 'Good. At least there is now two more golds and two more bronzes. Two browns isn't bad either.' Delanth commented smuggly.

'Now Delanth. We need the other colors just as much you know? All is important to the survival of this planet. I will not allow such racism. You will be happy for every dragon born.' Sashike scolded her. She would not let her gold be that much of an elitist. Delanth simply huffed at her and said no more, knowing it would do no good to try and explain to her rider why the golds and bronzes were the best. She knew and that was all that mattered.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:40 am

Gonneth watched as the last dragons hatched - a bronze, a gold and a brown - and idly wondered whether he would-

Gonneth...your name is very dragon-like, is it not?Well, that just will not do...hmm...what shall I call you...John? No...no, that isn't right...

Gonneth froze where he stood. John?

Gonneth...I suppose that'll have to do for now...at least until I can think of something more befitting of you.I am Belenth, and no, I can't change my name; it just doesn't work like that with us.

Gonneth remained frozen. John!?!?

I already told you, that name won't work either. We should get some food, mine. I'm hungry.

Gonneth couldn't speak; instead his mind raced, and the one thought he pressed forward was umm...sure...alright, I guess...let's go then...Belenth.

Asdra, meanwhile, was arguing with Cylferth even more.

Just a friend? You're fawning over her, aren't you? I bet you are! Why, if you did the respectful thing, you'd be going and telling her just how you feel, instead of sitting there like a lost child in need of a comforting voice!

Asdra turned to the little blue dragon by him. "Look...Cylferth, if you don't stop with this "everything must be proper and perfect" attitude, I swear..."

Don't swear, either. That's just not polite.

Aside from the stream of curses flowing through Asdra's head and Cylferth's responses to each and every one of them, the idle thought drifted through Asdra's mind that he knew that this dragon would drive him mad within the month.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by GoldRiderKeistra Mon Aug 24, 2009 10:25 am

Aria was still smiling when she noticed first her cousin, then Asdra. When she saw the young man so recently on her mind, her smile turned into a beautiful grin; mahogany eyes shining happily. "Congradulations Asdra, he's very handsome! You too Tylar, she's lovely!" She scratched the eye ridges of her own green. "Isn't she gorgoues? Her name is Finscoth!" She couldn't remember being happier than she was at this moment.

Finscoth looked at her larger sister. Hello sister, why does Yours want to speak to Mine? I know I suggested her to you and I'm happy you like her, but what does she want?

--

The last egg had hatched and the brown had found the one he wanted. The hatching was over. Reivyn felt disappointment fill her small form and for a moment her shoulders slumped in defeat. Then she remembered that there would be other hatchings and she sat up straight again. She'd just wait and try again. In the meantime, maybe she could get a firelizard or a dragonet to keep her company. Then at least she wouldn't be lonely. And the little creatures were great for making friends. Who knew, maybe by the time her chance came, she'd have someone special to share it with.
GoldRiderKeistra
GoldRiderKeistra

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:16 pm

Asdra looked back at Aria when she commented on Cylferth. He wasn't quite sure what to say.

She seems quite polite. I do think I like her. She would do well to set you straight, mine.

Asdra grinned, now knowing what he would say. "Handsome, perhaps. But he is almost my direct opposite. Sounds like a grandfather, reminiscent of the way things used to be and how they should still be that way." To immediately change the subject, he bowed low and said, "And congratulations to you as well; she's beautiful."

Just like you. The thought idly crossed his mind, as though swimming lazily, and he hastily shoved it from his head before even Cylferth could get a glimpse of it.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:42 pm

Posts were deleted to due indecent conduct..

That had I not have been in a fairer mood would have resulted in both dragons 'betweening' forever to never return.. no questions asked..

Next time ask before doing a stupid thing as that, never assume.. A simple PM to ask would have been nice.

Some things now for you all to remember.

1. Dragons when born are very very sensitive and any attempt to remove their riders from them without their permission will result in panic. Should the situation continue without resolving it, the dragon will between.

2. Kissing on the lips or romantic hugging of any kind is prohibited as it can send a young dragon between very quickly. Especially if done more than once.

3. At birth dragon babies really don't like anyone but their rider around them 24/7 they tolerate the other riders. but generally they are two self absorbed in one another to notice other riding pairs.

4. I would have thought the death of Artemis and Surath would have been enough of a warning to everyone and make them all steer completely clear of any sexual contact for fear of loosing their dragons like that.

5. Had it been the first clutch of dragons the riders would have definitely lost their dragons.. Having older golds on hand there is a chance they would step in to help calm dragons, still with repeated acts panicking the dragons they would likely between.

6. No dragon baby can keep panicked thoughts to them self, they are broad casted to the entire Weyr. Just like when a dragon is injured in Thread Fall they will broadcast their pain and panic.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2