Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Just In Case EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Just In Case EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Just In Case EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Just In Case EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Just In Case EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Just In Case EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Just In Case EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Just In Case EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Just In Case EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Just In Case EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Just In Case

+2
Iskiea
Rye
6 posters

Go down

Just In Case Empty Just In Case

Post by Rye Sat Aug 29, 2009 2:36 pm

I figured I ought to post this just in case things got too bad...

I seroiusly doubt I'll be cutting into my laptop time, but you never know. Okay, so tonight we had a football game for my highschool. I'm a watergirl, & my boyfriend of nearly a year is the starting Left Tackle. So, we were playing an old rival when, about four plays into the game, a guy cut blocks my boyfriend while he's engaged with another player. That, of course, is illegal, but no one called it, and so all that happened was my boyfriend limped off the field, cussing the whole way.

By the time the night was over, to show you how bad they were cheating, we had four people sent to the emergency room.

Anyways, the results finally came in about an hour ago. My bf tore his ACL, his MCL, his meniscus, and sprained a whole buch of other stuff. So, he's out for the season. Wouldn't be so bad, but it's his senior season; you know, the year scouts were starting to really look at him. So, he's really down about it, and I feel like I need to be there for him as much as he was there for me during my knee surgery this summer.

All this was just to say I'm sorry if I'm not seen around as much. I think I'll still be on here a lot, but I dunno. I'll just have to see how he takes it.

Thanks! & I love you all. --Rye
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Just In Case Empty Re: Just In Case

Post by Iskiea Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:48 pm

For those of you who don't know what ACL and MCL mean I'll explain..

ACL - is the Anterior Cruciate Ligament.. This is the tendon connecting the knee together. This one is found in front of your knee behind the patella[knee cap]. It's one of four ligaments that make up your knee.

MCL - is the Medial Collateral Ligament. This one is located on the side of your knee facing inwards. It is one of the four ligaments that make up your knee.

Meniscus - The meniscus are cartilage rings found on both the inside and outside of the knee. They sit between the femur (thigh bone) and tibia (shin bone), and act as shock absorbers in the knee. In addition, they provide some stability to the joint.

Here is a picture so you can see what she is talking about.. The knee pictured is the right knee.

Just In Case About_the_knee--01

All our best to him Rye.. You take all the time you need.. and pop in whenever you can.. We're here for you.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:03 pm

That's really bullcrap, and I feel for you and your boyfriend. Maybe bring him here?

I really hope he heals up okay. *hugs you both*
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:21 pm

Lol, he's not a roleplayer. Makes me kinda sad... but he listens to all my ideas about my charries, though! & thanks, Iski, Rida. I appreciate it.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm Sat Aug 29, 2009 10:09 pm

Aws, that really sucks Rye =( I hate it when referees don't call out when someone does something illegal (used to play soccer so have a bit of experience with that). But that really sucks....all my hopes added to Iski-sama's and Rida-kun's that he's okay! *hugs*
Charm
Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:22 am

I know of some of that personally. My freshman year I tore my ACL. The doctor I went to was a retard, said my knee was just stiff and partially inflamed from my bike accident. A year later my knee was no better, in fact it was worse cause I couldn't bend it out of a 45 degree angle. I finally saw a different doctor and turns out not only my ACL had torn during the bike wreck, but since it had been over a year it had disentegrated completely. So I had to reconstructive surgery to make me a knew ACL. So I kind of know what he's going through.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IceFire Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:10 am

I totally know how that is alot of my friends are football players and some have had the same injuries. I hope that he feels better and has a chance to prove himself again in football.
IceFire
IceFire

Location : http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/SID_-_Aki/photos#s=/group/SID_-_Aki/photos%3Fpage%3D0

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey All!

This is just an update. He went to the Alabama Sports Medicine & Orthopaedic Center yesterday, and after he saw about three doctors they told him the best option. He's gonna wait about three weeks before the surgery & just rehab his MCL, because they want the swelling to go down before they fix his ACL. After that's over, he goes back on a Wednesday & he's gonna spend the night & have the surgery the next morning. :]

Thanks for all the get well wishes and thoughts! Plus, I really appreciate you all listening & not getting mad about me getting behind on posts. :]

I'll post again when I have more news, or maybe I'll just keep you updated on rehab. Thanks again!
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum