Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika)

2 posters

Go down

Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) Empty Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika)

Post by SallahTelgar Tue Jan 12, 2010 8:14 am

IC Time: Month 13, Early Summer, Mid-afternoon
IC Setting: Alika's residence

It was a wonderfully hot day outside, a pleasant breeze being the only thing from making it too hot to travel. She'd made good time coming to visit her heavily pregnant friend Alika, and that was always good. These days lingering too long outside could mean becoming privy to all manner of things. Jassette didn't like hearing rumors, didn't like the drama that traveled through the colony first at the creation of the terrifyingly large dragons and then at the arrival of the so-called future dragonriders.

Jassette or "Jazz" as her friends called her, was currently visiting with Alika to help the expectant mother prepare for the arrival of her newest child. Plus there was always comfort to be found in another who had lost a husband as she had. Alika's was far more recent than Jazz's, but that didn't mean the pain of loss was any less striking. So they got to sit and talk every so often, getting out their worries and fears for the future with someone that understood and could provide some form of advice.

"He's been so distant lately. Always off getting himself into trouble or doing god knows what. I just don't know what to do with him. Damien is a good boy, and he's growing up to be a good man. I don't want him to change from that. I knew raising him by myself would be hard, but no one told me raising a teenager would be this hard."

SallahTelgar

Back to top Go down

Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika) Empty Re: Mothers' Bonding Time (Alika)

Post by Arielle Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:18 am

Alika smiled with understanding at her friend from across the room. The two women had met when they first arrived on Pern and became quick friends. Walking, or really almost waddling, back to her chair, the young woman served the klah and offered a mug to Jazz. "You're not really alone, Jazz. You've got me and -" She almost said 'Akamu' but choked on the name of her deceased husband; it had already been six months, but it was still hard.

"And Damien's just going through a phase. Perhaps he'll be Searched and shape up to the responsibility." Alika took a sip of her hot drink, considering the prospect of her friend's son astride a dragon, one of the creatures she had helped to develop. "Besides, he'll find his way. He's only seventeen, still your child and in need of guidance."

While the two women conversed comfortably, a small adventure was going on behind them in the laundry basket. A brown dragonet was diving through the piles of clothes, chirping with excitement at every new color and texture he found. In short order, all of the clothes were just about out of the basket. Luckily, they were dirty and not cause for concern when strewn across the floor in disarray.
Arielle
Arielle

Back to top Go down

Post by SallahTelgar Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:22 am

Jazz watched her friend with worry in her dark eyes. She suddenly felt bad, complaining over her teenager's mood swings when her dearest friend was going through such a hard time. So she got out of her seat, circling around the other woman to wrap her arms across her shoulders in a hug. "We've got each other, and we'll get through all the hard times together. That's what friends are for." She lingered that way for a long few moments before drawing back and returning to her seat to sip at her klah.

The topic was still mostly on her son, and so she used his current state of rebellion to turn the subject from the painful one of her friend's late husband. It brought up too many hard memories for both of them, she imagined. "I pray he doesn't get Searched. My son on one of those..." She shivered, frightened suddenly. "Sorry Alika, I know you helped in their coming about. I really can't get comfortable around the creatures, and those so-called future riders have even bigger ones."

The brown's antics weren't lost on the older woman, her head shaking as she absently switched between watching and listening to her friend. "Your little brown is a cute one. I wish his large cousins weren't quiet so large."

SallahTelgar

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down