Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Greetings, Father. (Mikhael)

3 posters

Go down

Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) Empty Greetings, Father. (Mikhael)

Post by Houka Ryuu Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:52 am

Cally
Cally hefted her bag upon her shoulders. It contained the few possessions that she felt she absolutely needed. Her clothes, a few favorite toys, and of course, her mother's journal. She didn't have all her clothes with her, just enough to last her a few days. She can always ask Auntie Beth to bring them over when she comes visit her. She smiled as she knew Auntie would be surprised to find her gone from the living quarters that they shared.

A few more steps taken and she was now finally in front of the doorstep to her dad's living quarters. It has taken her some time to actually get the directions to where her dad's place was actually located. This is the main reason why a month had already passed now that she stood in front of Mikhael O'Neil's door. Setting down her bag beside her, she flustered at her dress, making them presentable. She was wearing a flowing floral pink dress which in her opinion made her very pretty indeed.

Hunter, ever her friend and companion, lightly landed on her shoulders, his tail wrapping down her right arm. Gathering her courage, she knocked on the door with her left hand, loud enough that she hoped would wake the inhabitant inside. After all, it was early morning and she didn't know if her father was already awake or not. And then she waited, wondering how he will take the news that he had an 8 year old kid.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Greetings, Father. (Mikhael) Empty Re: Greetings, Father. (Mikhael)

Post by Iskiea Sat Jun 27, 2009 5:08 am

Mikhael was already up, in fact he had already made his way to the bathing chamber washed and had returned to change his shirt, finding a stain on the fresh one he brought down. New shirt on he was drying his hair when the knock came, he didn't know who could be visiting him at this hour of the morning but he would answer it anyway. Towel still over his head he made his way to the door and opened it, he wasn't to know the sight before him would change his life. He eyed the girl up and down he vaguely remember seeing her before.

"Hey there sweetheart, what're you doing here, not lost are you?"

He studied the girl further before spotting the brown on her shoulder, oh he remembered her, she was Jane's girl. Lord he missed that woman something fierce, he never did understand why she left him even if it was all those years ago. He rememebered the first time he saw her, the girl that was. It was when he has impressed Lulu, who speak of the devil winged in onto Mik's shoulder and wraped her long slender tail around his neck trilling a welcome to Hunter. Yes she was the girl he help when she accidently impressed that brown. He didn't say much more waiting for a response before he said much more.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:08 am

Cally
Cally looked up at the man who answered the door. Like him, she gave the man a peruse, noting the scar on his left cheek, and the gold that she remembered him Impressing the same day that she Impressed on Hunter. She also noticed the small space between her father's legs and the door way. If she was quick, she would scoot inside without him stopping her. And finally, her eyes stopped at the face of the man, Cally beamed a dazzling smile.

And the first words that she uttered to her father were, "Good morning, Daddy!" she said as she hefted her bag up from the floor and scooted inside in between his legs and the doorway. She did not give the man a chance to keep her outside. She needed to make him believe and understand that he had been a father all along without him knowing about it.

Inside she saw two beds, a table, and a place for clothes. She smiled as she realized that she already had her own bed to sleep in. She walked over to one of the beds that did not seem to have been slept on and put her bag down on it. Then she turned around to face her dad. No doubt he was wondering if what she just called him was the truth. After all, she had not known the truth until she had read her mother's journal.

Hunter had chirped a greeting back at the gold and flew to land on top the bag that Cally had taken with her. Cally gave the brown a mental command to behave, not that Hunter really needed the reminder. He isn't one to be overly curious about everyone that he meets. Well, except for other firelizards, those he greets when he sees them which he had done with the gold.

Once she was face with her dad again, she added to her previous greeting. "I'm Callaghan Huntington. At least, that's what my Mother named me." Cally said with a shrug at her late mother's thinking process.

"Actually, after I discovered Mom's Journal, I read that Mikhael O'Neil is actually my Father, that's you. And, I really have no idea why Mom gave me Huntington for a Surname." she said in a tone of voice complaining at her late mother's whim.

"Anyways, I have been living with my Auntie Beth since Mom died. But it is high time that I move out of her way. She has her own life to deal with without having to worry about me." she said matter-of-factly.

"That's why I'm here. Starting today, I am going to live here with you." she said with a happy smile on her face. She waited expectantly for her father's reply. She was curious about him and wondered if he might be seeing anyone. She was going to be scrutinizing them over if he was. After all, she didn't want just anyone for a new mom now, right?
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sat Jun 27, 2009 8:33 am

Before Mikhael could even stop her dash inside he was stunned into shock by those words of hers. No it couldn't be, didn't Jane say.. she couldn't have lied to him could she. He spun around as she plonked her stuff on his spare bed, not that it was taken or anything but he was still having trouble comprehending the first fact. Daddy?! was he really that girls father, judging by the dates Jane had told him it was impossible wasn't it. The rest of her words just seemed a jumble that made sense and didn't at the same time. All in all the effect was a rather shocking one that had him drop to the ground like a stone of bricks in a dead faint of shock. Lulu launching off his shoulder to land neatly on Cally's shoulder chirping somewhat worriedly towards the young girl who had caused hers to fall into such a state.

When Mikhael comes to..

It was some time before Mikhael came to or so he though, in reality it was no more than 10 minutes. He was groggy for a bit as he sat up clutching his head as if he had the biggest headache ever. He almost hoped everything was just a dream when he glanced to the side and saw Cally. He sat there stunned for a moment, before deciding a course of action, there was only one way to find out if it was true after all. He cleared his throat before finally speaking, his voice husky with shock.

"You must be mistaken chil.." he cleared his throat again, "Callaghan. Yes your mother and I were together but we broke up a year before you were conceived. Your mother told me that."

There was a chittering noise from Lulu that sounded much like scolding as she hopped along the floor towards him like some bird. Well she was right he couldn't just turn the girl out, he could take her back to Beth. There was more chittering from Lulu which made him think more. Well he if he knew her age he could be certain he was not the father after all he was 20 at the time and Jane herself had said she was conceived the year after they broke up. So if the ages didn't match she was his, it was simple no?

"Alright Lulu enough.. How old are you Callaghan?"
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:16 am

Cally
Cally was surprised into inaction when she saw her dad faint. She hadn't been expecting that as his reaction to her news. Granted it was a shock but still... he was the Black Squadron Leader, he should be made of sterner stuff not fainting dead away like he just did.

When the gold landed on her shoulders, Cally projected calm towards the firelizard as she said, "Hush, Daddy is fine. He just fainted at the news." as she stood beside her dad on the floor thinking of what she should do.

She couldn't very well carry him onto the bed now, could she? She wasn't that strong yet and besides, her Dad's a mountain of a man, all bulk and muscle. At least, that's how she saw him as. She frowned in concentration wondering if she needed to call the Medic after all.

Hunter had perked up when the gold had landed on Cally shoulders. He didn't know what was going on and warbled a question at Cally. Cally just projected calm towards him and didn't even bother with a verbal reply. He did watch the proceedings from where he was afterwards.

After ten minutes of waiting and wondering what she should do, her dad finally came to. He didn't seem to believe her, which was what she expected at least.

"Cally, just call me Cally. Callaghan is a mouthful." Cally said at first from where she stood.

Then she walked towards her Dad who was still sitting on the floor and sat cross-legged in front of him arranging her skirt about herself.

"I am eight years old. I'll be turning nine, come this summer." she replied to her dad's question.

Turning to the gold that her dad called Lulu, Cally said, "Hello there Lulu. I'm Cally. That's Hunter over there." as she introduced herself and Hunter to the gold firelizard.

Then, introductions with Lulu over and done with, Cally once more turned to face her Dad and asked a couple of questions of her own. "What about you, how old are you, Daddy? And when is your birthday?" she asked with her head cocked to the left side as she waited for his reply. She'd have to wheedle information about her father from himself if she wanted to get to know her father better.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:09 am

Mikhael thought for a moment, doing the mental arithmatic in his head came to the conclusion that yes indeed, Cally was his daughter. He took a few moments to rationalize everything that had happend. First a flash of fury, how dare Jane keep this from him, then a flash of regret for not having a hand in raising her, shame for his stupidity in believing what Jane had told him. However she was here now and he knew of her, which was better than never knowing. Lulu gave a chitter of approval and winged over to where Hunter was inspecting him with a kind eye.

His age, oh Mikhael didn't like to think of it much, finding out his daughter was almost 9 just made him feel older than he already was, not that turning 29 was old. He pulled his hand down from his head and streched out his legs looking almost relaxed in the prescence of his daughter. Well if there was a time to get to know each other he supposed it was now.

"Summer like you. I'll be turning 29," He paused for a moment something about Beth earlier, oh jiminnies she didn't forget to tell her Aunt what she was doing did she. Almost as if it was natural a stern look crossed his face however it couldn't erase the small smile that tugged at his lips.

"You've not told Beth about your decision have you? We better tell her if you want to stay," Mikhael tried using the inscentive of being able to stay a reason for her to tell, he didn't know kids and he was only guessing but his intuition kicked in and he hoped it would work, he didn't want a screaming fit to deal with, not that she looked much like the screaming type.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:12 am

Cally
'"Summer like you. I'll be turning 29,"' her dad said and Cally smiled when she learned that her father had the same birthday as her. Maybe they could celebrate their birthday together. It would at least save on decorations and cooking preparations. she thought silently to herself.

Hunter sat straight up as Lulu inspected him. He chirped a question at Lulu as if to ask, 'Find anything you dislike?'

However, she visibly wilted when Dad asked about her not having told Auntie Beth about living with her Dad. She stayed silent and didn't answer for a while, wondering how best to say the fact that she had sort of sneaked off without a word to Auntie Beth. She knew he would probably not like that. Oh, but she didn't want him to have a reason that she should be taken back to Auntie Beth. So, with almost a dejected voice, she said, "No... No, I haven't told Auntie Beth that I was moving in with you."

Then she added with an almost frantic voice, "Oh but, she was still asleep when I left... And... and I was real quiet, so she wouldn't hear me going out... Oh, please Daddy, please don't send me back." her eyes almost tearing at the prospect of Mikhael sending her back to live with Aunt Beth as she threw herself at her father and clung to his neck. She had been wanting to give her father a big hug really, and this was a nice excuse for her to do so.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Tue Jun 30, 2009 4:53 pm

Mikhael was surprised when her arms wrapped around his neck tightly and he felt her weight against his chest. It took a few moments before his hands wrapped around her body and held her tightly against him. Burying his head in the crook of her neck he inhaled the scent of his young daughter, this was something he couldn't believe Jane had him miss. He held her tightly trying to soothe the sudden fear in her voice.

"I won't send you away sweet. But we need to tell Beth, you don't want to scare her do you?"
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:51 am

Cally
Hunter flew to land on Mikhael's shoulder in order to nuzzle Cally. He chirped a question at Mikhael wanting to know why His was on the verge of crying and was feeling fearful.

Cally, sent a silent prayer that her Dad did not extricate himself from her embrace. She relaxed and smiled a little when she felt his hand wrap around her small body and embracing her in return. She giggled a little when he breathed on her neck as he inhaled her scent.

Her voice once more joyful with no trace of her earlier fear, she said, "That tickles Daddy." as she still clung to him. She mentally sent Hunter that everything was okay now because she hear her dad say...

"I won't send you away sweet. But we need to tell Beth, you don't want to scare her do you?"

"Thank you, Daddy. And no, I don't want to scare Auntie Beth. Would you please come with me and tell Auntie that I'm moving with you?" Cally said with imploring eyes. If Daddy went with her to tell Auntie Beth about the move, she would believe it more with Dad there, than just Cally telling Auntie Beth that she was moving in with her Dad.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:26 am

"Mikhael!

The roar, however feminine it's producer may be, was heard throughout the Living Quarters, silencing even the bravest of speakers. Everyone knew this girl, or had heard of her violent anger, and thus had the sense to hide at her furious approach.

Adrienne didn't notice, though. She was too busy stomping towards her trade partner's house, and she was, to say the least, focused. Lynx, her burly bronze fire-lizard, had fastened himself securely about her neck and was crooning pleas into her ear, but she paid him no mind. Mikhael had known exactly who would be coming in early this morning, and he had conveniantly failed to mention the gluttonous, lusting pig to her. Gods... when she ever found him, Adrienne was going to kill him.

Bursting through the door, Adrienne, her brown hair flying like an aura around her, yelled,

"Sakes alive, Mik! You KNOW how I feel about that SOT and you didn't even warn me he was coming this morning! If I ever get my hands on you, I'll...."

Her threat was cut short whenever she found herself staring at the brown, alarmed eyes of a beautiful little girl... one who looked suspiciously like Mik. Quieting down quickly, Adrienne looked up at her old friend and mentor with many questions in her blazing blue eyes, but she said not a word. Lynx, curious as to why she'd silenced herself so quickly, looked around the room suspiciously before trilling a greeting to Lulu and the brown.

With wary, almost apologetic eyes, Adrienne said softly,

"Excuse me."

It was late, but she'd said it and she dared Mik or the girl to comment on it with her strong, unabashed features.

Last edited by Rye on Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:42 pm

Cally
As Cally waited for her father's reply, she thought that she was doing a nice job of successfully persuading her father into coming with her to tell her Auntie Beth that she was moving in with her Dad. She knew that Auntie Beth would probably be surprised that Cally had decided all on her own that she wanted to move in with Dad. She was already imagining the look of surprise that Auntie Beth would wear on her face when they come knocking on her door and with the early hour of the Morning, Auntie Beth would still be asleep and not realize that Cally had sneaked out without her knowledge.

But then, her rumination was interrupted by someone shouting her father's name, she had turned to look at her father with her right eyebrow raised up, as if to ask the question, 'Who is that?' Before she could actually say it, the door was slammed open so loudly that for a second, Cally was in a state of fear. Her mind a-whirl as to who would be audacious enough to barge into her father's... well, since she would be living there from now on, into their quarters.

At the door, she saw a woman that was, for all intents and purposes, a person to be avoided as much as possible, from the rumors that she has heard. The person by the door was none other than Adrienne Denae Zeryth and it would seem that the rumors have some basis of truth for Cally was not about to go out of her way to befriend the person that had interrupted her time with her Father.

She unclasped her hands so that she can be let down by her father, much as she would rather stay within his warm embrace. When he let her go, she stood in front of him, and with her back straight and her chest puffed out a bit, she looked up at the woman before her and talked in a rather haughty voice as if she was the queen asking a servant why her rest has been interrupted.

"Well, let's forget about your rather rude entry into our home. And congratulate yourself to be the first person to successfully scare me for a second there. Now answer me this, who on Pern are you to my Dad? Are you someone special to him that you can just barge in, like you just did?" Cally shouted back all in a huff, her eyebrows scrunched together in a scowling expression, her hands on her waist, and her right foot was tapping as if Cally was impatiently waiting for a reply.

Hunter, who had been startled himself by the loud banging of the door, flew off from Mikhael to perch himself on Cally's right shoulder and eyed Adrienne. He had not liked that momentary shot of fear that His had felt when the door was slammed open by the woman that he now surveyed. If Cally said so, he was prepared to drive the woman away from where she stood despite the fact that the woman had a Bronze with her.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 15, 2009 11:24 pm

"Well, let's forget about your rather rude entry into our home. And congratulate yourself to be the first person to successfully scare me for a second there. Now answer me this, who on Pern are you to my Dad? Are you someone special to him that you can just barge in, like you just did?"

At the child's words, one of Adrienne's eyebrows raised, her features mocking the child. Our home? Who in the hell did this brat think she was? Last time she checked, she'd lived there longer than than the little girl. Voicing her thoughts, Adrienne said,

"Our home? Darlin', when I left here this morning, I lived here and you didn't."

After shooting an accusing glance at Mik, one that clearly said, We need to talk, she looked back at the little girl and spoke again, her voice mocking, as if the child's question was amusing and nothing more.

"In answer to your other question, your father and I are good friends, and I think that after 10 years I'd have the right to talk to him however I please."

Lynx, on her shoulder, caught the brown's wary gaze and immediately silenced, turning his full attention to the other male fire-lizard. He wasn't sure what was happening, but the atmosphere was tense, and he wrapped his tail around Adrienne's neck a little tighter.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down