Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Not quite working (Lupa)

2 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Not quite working (Lupa) - Page 2 Empty Re: Not quite working (Lupa)

Post by Lupa Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 am

"Alright, let's say, about 9:30am. I'm normally up at dawn, for spot of breakfast, and watch the skies, where I plan my day out. We can meet just about here. I may come a bit earlier to get Sunset out, and have him before I harness the mare." Emera stated.

She believed the mare may come into season soon, and she would need to think of breeding her drafts, if anyone interested. She doesn't know if she would either breed to her quarter horse, or to her draft. Emera would have to quickly decide.

Once the mare was off, she closed the gate as she went out. "Yes, I'm ready for food." She added.

She went to walk right next to him. She would follow the nice man, and hopefully they would not miss a meal. Emera's hungry. She hoped for the food would be delicous. She had a nice long day, so she hoped for nice meal to sit with, and a plus, a nice man to accompany her.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:50 am

"Nine thirty sounds good to me. I'm usually up at six milking the cows and then feeding and grooming them. I'll meet you here then and will be ready to do what ever you want me to do." He said with a devilish smile for the last part of his comment.

They headed towards the dining area. It was kind of crowded, but not too bad. Trent found them a seat that was away from most of the people. He pulled the chair out for her. "There you go m'lady. You just rest right there and I'll get our food for us." He said then happily walked away to get them some food.

They were in luck. Tonight the meal was sirloin with garlic mash potatoes, a biscuit and cinnamon butter. Trent's mouth was already watering as he walked back to their table. He sat the food down and then went and got them two drinks. "Man are we lucky or what? Steak! It looks too good." He said as he started cutting into his steak.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:32 am

Emera nodded. Now that it was it set, she was looking forward the morning. She just have to make sure that the skies are clear, and keep watch through out the morning. She does not want to be out on those things again. Emera always now nervous about it.

She waited at the seat that he got her. It was away from the crowd, which she felt better so. She wondered what they'll get, until she caught a whiff of it, and it was delicious! She couldn't wait to see what Trent would bring. "It looks very delicious! Steak is always good." She replied.

She went to cut hers into deliciate pieces. She had never had her meal brought to her. Perhaps she would continue seeing this man. She doesn't know the age of him, nor has she told hers. Emera could tell the meal was just as good as it smells. Now only to know more about him. She tried to think of some questions, but what?
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:54 am

Trent took a bite of his steak and it just about melted in his mouth. Whatever seasoning they used on the meat was perfect and tasted so wonderful. "Man this is the best meal I've had in I don't know when." He said around a small mouth full. "Excuse my manners."

They ate for a bit in silent, both enjoying their steak and potatoes. Hopefully there would be more meals like this more often, but he wasn't going to hold his breath. It was much harder to grow things now with thread falling so often, but the green house were slowly being completed and were getting fuller each day.

"So, Emera. Tell me a bit about yourself. Anything, anything at all. I'd love to know you better." Trent asked her.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:47 am

Emera smiled, as she had food in her mouth. She would never do such a thing, especially not in front of him. The guy is amusing. She did nod in agreement, it was very good. She wouldn't know when they would have something like this again, but she does have to eat. Emera would have to wait on that.

"It is good." She started. "As for me, as you know, I often visited my neighbor's horses, and his farm. I was only calm around horses. Of course, I didn't get it all my waking time, but enough to be watched by my Neighbors." She started with something he knew.

"Well, family wise, I had four brothers, and parents. All were lost in the war." she said, a little sad, not for her brothers, which she had little love for, even the two younger ones, but for her parents. "My Neighbors mainly took care of them, when my parents worked. I always run to them, when I wanted to see the horses, even through pastures with flightly horses. How I didn't get injured, none of us knew." She added.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:08 am

"Wow. Big family. Sorry to hear they are no longer with you." Trent said sincerely. "My family is still back on Earth. I was an only child so I spent a lot of times with cows. Hence why I'm a dairy farmer here. When I heard of Pern I knew I just had to go. My family wasn't too happy with it, but they understood. As large as my father's farm was there was really no room for me to have my own herd there. So they let me come here even as young as I was." He explained to her a bit.

"We're a lot the same except your thing is horses and mine is cows. Funny ain't it?" He stated with a small grin. "There was a girl I left behind too. Nothing serious, but I tried my hardest to get her to come with me and she wouldn't. Can't blame her though, she was always more of a tech brat than a country girl." He said as an after thought.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:27 am

"Ah. I don't miss them really. Sure my parents, a bit, but it's my neighbors I do. Perhaps I could only just remember what I've been taught about training horses, and how to teach basic riding lessons. Although, I do much better training horses to fit people's needs than anything else." Emera commented.

She laughed briefly. She thought about the other woman, briefly and wondered how he got along with her. But no worries, she was eating with a nice man, and they'll go out in the morning to go on a ride. She'll bring out her carriage one, where they can sit and talk, and she handles the two drafts.

"I guess I'm more country girl, than anything else. I don't remember much going much into large cities or anything like that." Emera commented.

"How many cows do you handle now?" Emera asked.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sun Jul 05, 2009 2:14 pm

Trent thought it a bit sad that she didn't miss her parents that much, but everyone's story wasn't the same. He missed his parents a lot, but he hoped they were okay and doing well. He also figured that they missed him and that made it all the better.

"I was always a country boy, didn't mind the city thought. Liked going into it for a matter of fact. I always loved coming back to the farm, felt so right and wonderful." He stated. "The cities were fun because it was something totally different than the farm."

"Hm? Oh, we went from having almost a hundred head of cows to having only twenty. Depressing I know, but we're going to build them up again." He answered her.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:04 am

"I couldn't stand much of the city. I guess I really haven't been to one. I am so not used to being enclosed. I like the open." Emera stated.

She listened to the loss of his cattle, and amazed how much he lost. She was glad that she only lost her pastures. Her house and barn probably down now, she doesn't know. She doesn't want to go back, unless she knows how to get her pastures back, and knew it'll be a while for the ground to be allowed for her strong hooves of her drafts.

"I'm sorry you lost so many cattle. Only thing I lost was my pastures. I'm at loss with it. Right now, I'm no hurry, as Lesla offered to let me use hers. Looks like they'll be fine there." Emera commented.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:43 am

"I could never stand to live there, but visiting was fun every now and then. Some things in the city though made me wonder about the human race though." He said some what nonchalantly.

"That's okay. We'll build it back. You're lucky you just lost pastures, thought that's also a real pain in the ass. At least someone was nice enough to let you use theirs." He replied to her.

"Can I ask you something that I hope you don't take offense to?" He asked and then asked his question. "How old are you? I know a lot of women hate that question."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2009 2:53 am

"If I did went into the city, I don't remember what people were like there. Most of my memories involved horses one way or another." Emera admitted.

She thought about her pastures, yes it would be difficult. Horses hooves are not really kind to the ground. She knew cows could be just the same. She ate a bit more as she was thinking.

"Yeah, not sure how to go about, if I'll keep loosing my pasture." She commented.

She nearly blushed when he asked her age. No one had asked in that sort of way. She thought this man is very kind, and perhaps worth her time with him.

"I'm 26 years old." Emera stated. "May I know yours?" She asked kindly.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:20 am

Trent went a bit slack jawed when she said how old she was. He thought she was closer to his age, though 26 wasn't that much older. Still, he'd never gone for an older woman before. "Me? 'Course I don't mind. I'm 21."

"Surely soon we'll figure out how to work around this thread incident. Even if we have to move everything into caves that would be better than nothing." He stated.

(sorry failure)
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:36 am

Emera was surprised that she was older than him. She was used to be younger to a lot of folks, and well, even though she had two younger siblings, but now she's only one survived, and so, she was surprised that he was younger. It seemed not much. Of course, she is well fit, and a bit harder to tell her age.

"I don't think the grazers would like that. They need lots of space, and lots of food. We can't grow it all the time, and yet still have some stored for colder seasons." Emera commented.

She doesn't mind too much, although hers is a bit small, as she is single, and lives alone.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:30 am

"No probably not, but we could modify it to be better. That's only something we should consider if there is no other way. Which I'm holding my breath that there will be some other way." Trent agreed with her. Of course he also knew that space wasn't a small detail compared to having living live stock. Surely this dragon project would turn out for the best.

"I have to admit, I thought you were younger. Hope you haven't minded a younger man flirting with you." He said, rubbing the back of his head a bit embarrassed.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Tue Jul 07, 2009 3:23 pm

"Yeah, I just hoped we could do something for our grazers. As you know with your calves, youngesters needs a lot of room to play." Emera stated.

She thought about it, a younger man flirting with her. Truth is she liked it, and Trent has been very nice. She doesn't know flirting at all. She smiled at him, and replied. "I wouldn't mind at all. I normally doesn't get a guy's attention as much you have. You're a nice man."

She dared not to say, 'You're cute' to him. No, she would hold it off. She does like the man, but she won't easily admit more than she has said. He is nice, and cute guy, nothing could go wrong with that.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 07, 2009 9:53 pm

"That is true. Nothing's cuter than baby animals of all sorts." He said in agreement.

He felt a little less embarrassed when she said she didn't mind him flirting with her and that his attention was the most she had gotten from a guy. That did much to improve his courage and figured if she didn't mind then he shouldn't stop.

"Good. I'm glad a pretty little thing like you doesn't mind me flirting, so I think I might keep doing it." He gave her a wink then feeling a bit more at ease. "I am a bit surprised though. I figured all the single men would be trailing after you."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:31 am

Emera agreed at the baby animals. "You have any yet? Any youngesters?" She asked. She doesn't have one yet, but thinking of doing her brindle pair, as she hoped it would produce brindling, or no. She doesn't know quite yet. This is her first two she ever seen.

Emera smiled at Trent, she doesn't mind, but she could hardly flirt as she doesn't know so. "I think my whip," She started, whipping out her crop that she always carry with her. "Is the reason why people are afraid. I think they've seen me using it on my horses, and doesn't want me to do the same for them."

She doesn't really, but she doesn't know why men aren't going after her. Perhaps she would always be seen with horses, one form or another. She doesn't know what men thinks about her figure. Would she want to know? She doesn't know that answer for sure!
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:43 am

"Nope, not yet. Close though. There is a few cows that are ready to drop in a week or so, so they're being held under constant watch just in case any of them go early." He answered.

"I'm not afraid of you." He stated plainly. "Honestly I never even noticed the whip, but I wouldn't mind if you whipped me with it. Gently of course." He slapped himself mentally for the last part of his statement. That may have been a bit too much for only having met this girl. The only way he'd find out though would be her reaction.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:55 am

"Ah, let me know when they do. I would love to see young calves, not old enough to be away from their mothers. I have no foals. I'll have to wait nearly a year before I do." Emera replied before she got uncontrollable laugh.

She couldn't help but laugh. She enjoyed that comment, and she couldn't talk, eat or drink for a bit, while laughing at his comment. At least her laugh isn't loud. She really wouldn't know exactly what he means, but she had an idea.

"Unless you do something bad, the whip doesn't get used that often. Unless I'm trying to corner a skittish, or hard to catch horse, it is only to aid me in punishment for bad behaviour." Emera added, when she could speak. She still had a smile on her face.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:09 am

"I'll make sure you get to see them. They are some of the cutest most awkward things ever to grace the earth." He said with fondness for them.

He was very relieved that she found his comment funny. It was better than her being totally creeped out by it. So he couldn't help but laugh right along with her. He was at least happy he could get her to laugh.

He decided to see if he could push it a bit further. "I can be very bad, you know. You might have to use it on me."
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:16 am

Emera nodded. "I don't know how foals can walk on their spindly legs. They do it within an hour. When I first saw a new born foal, I thought it was nothing but legs. It's amazing how much babies changes as they grow." Emera stated.

She giggled, and smiled. She could imagine Trent being bad, but she doesn't know exactly what he means. "I guess I'll have to keep my whip about me then." She said, in teasing way, which she doesn't know she's done.

She was enjoying Trent very much, and he seemed a very nice guy. She doesn't know him that much. She does like his company, even if they loved two different animals.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Thu Jul 09, 2009 6:18 am

Trent nodded enthusiastically. "I've helped birth my fair share of calves in my life. Birth is such a wonderful thing, it amazes me every time." He said with wonderment. There was nothing he loved more than helping birth the calves when the mothers were ready. He'd had a few scares in his life, but for the most part they had turned out well.

Trent laughed whole heartedly. "You may have to at that. I'll try to behave myself though it'll be hard." He answered her, excited that she had actually teased him back.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:17 am

"I have some foalings. I helped with my mare's births. They went to good home. I'm glad that they turned out well. They are so cute, but then next turn, they loose their baby coats." Emera stated.

"Well, my whip be there to remind you." Emera continued to tease.

She liked this man, and wondered what he'll do when they are out. Emera liked him, and he was enjoyable. She could see more time, enjoyable ones, and perhaps more of a long term future ones. She enjoyed his company very much.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum