Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
All at Once [Beth] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
All at Once [Beth] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
All at Once [Beth] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
All at Once [Beth] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
All at Once [Beth] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
All at Once [Beth] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
All at Once [Beth] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
All at Once [Beth] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
All at Once [Beth] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
All at Once [Beth] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

All at Once [Beth]

2 posters

Go down

All at Once [Beth] Empty All at Once [Beth]

Post by Charm Sat Dec 19, 2009 11:14 pm

IC Time: Mid Spring (Month 11) of 11AL, a few days after the hatching
IC Setting: Late afternoon, getting close to dinnertime. It's starting to cool down, and the sun is showing signs of setting, though of course it's still warm right by the lake.

Everything was so different. It was amazing to Taminy that the place he had lived in for several years, a place so familiar, a place that was home, could seem so new and different. He didn't look at anything quite the same way anymore; everything was brighter, more vivid. Now that Cendiriuth was with him, the world had changed. Or maybe he was only him that was adapting. It was interesting to think about, that the reason everything looked now was because it was new to Cendiriuth, only a few days old and still absorbing everything. He was filled with endless questions, though the blue didn't seem to mind if Taminy couldn't answer everything. So curious and keen, and Taminy loved him for it. Loved him anyway, down to the very marrow in his bones.

The feeling, it seemed, was reciprocal; he was forever awarded with friendly nudges and affectionate nuzzles from his dragon. Taminy loved it. It was wonderful. Cendiriuth was wonderful. One of the loving croons came from his side now, as the hatchling shifted, rubbing his head along the bluerider's arm while his eyes gazed out at the lake. You are wonderful too, my Taminy. Taminy smiled, reaching down to scratch Cendiriuth between the headknobs where he particularly liked it. Are you hungry, Cen? It's about dinnertime. By now he'd rather gotten used to speaking in his mind, especially since Cendiriuth encouraged it; the blue thought it much more convenient and practical than speaking aloud, and he was right. Still, it was a large change for Taminy, who often spoke to himself anyway; sometimes during their conversations he spoke aloud anyway, just to hear his voice. The outside silence during the inner conversations were disconcerting.

No, Cendiriuth decided, breaking into the new rider's contemplations. Not yet. Can we stay here for a while? It's nice here. The only problem is that we are the only ones nearby. We can go in if you like, where there will be other people, Taminy offered; one of the differences between he and his blue was that he was perfectly fine with solitude, while Cendiriuth enjoyed the company of others. He didn't receive an answer to his question - and that happened, too. Sometimes Cendiriuth was disinclined to answer some of the questions Taminy asked - perfectly normal questions - which was also disconcerting, but something Taminy supposed he also had to get used to.

They sat by the edge of Therma Lake, watching the surface, and also feeling its heat; it was a cold spring, and now that the day was beginning to come to and end it was getting colder. Cendiriuth never seemed to mind the cold, though Taminy personally preferred warmth. For a few minutes the pair was silent, until - Look, Taminy! There's someone coming! Can we go say hi? Please?
Charm
Charm

Back to top Go down

All at Once [Beth] Empty Re: All at Once [Beth]

Post by Iskiea Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:14 am

Beth was finally getting a well earned break from the children and tying up her honey blonde hair she pulled on her swimsuit. Which now days was a thick material one; pretty and a two piece. In a simple natural green colour; she tied a loose skirt around her waist and decided to take a walk down to the lake for a swim.

She gave a shy little smile to the young man who already seemed to be down by the lake with his dragon. Removing her skirt and putting it down on a nice spot with her towel she made her way into the water; shivering a little at the sudden warmth; a nice difference from the cooling air of a spring night.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Charm Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:56 am

As Cendiriuth rightly pointed out, they were no longer alone. A girl that looked to be about his age walked down to the beach, wearing a pretty two-piece suit that Taminy tried very hard not to notice. This was hard to do, because she gave him a shy smile and he had to figure out how to be polite and return it without being impolite and, well, staring. The new bluerider compromised by offering her a shy smile in return before quickly looking down at Cendiriuth. This action, however, was misguided, because the blue had already jumped up and was running after her, eager to socialize.

Hi! I'm Cendiriuth, and that's my rider, Taminy. Is it okay if I talk to you? Are you swimming? Can I swim with you? Hey, Taminy, can I go swimming?

Mortified, Taminy was up and racing after his blue in an instant. Cendiriuth, you can't just got up to a stranger and...and... "I'm so sorry," he apologized to the woman, while Cendiriuth looked at him in confusion, clearly not understanding why the boy wouldn't want him to be friendly. "He's very...social, and...doesn't know better," the bluerider continued haplessly. Cen, just...don't run up and babble to people you don't know, okay? I'm sorry, Taminy, but...can I go swimming? Taminy shook his head in defeat. "Yes, you can swim."

Delighted, the young blue galloped into a water, splashing Taminy as he went. The young man sat down, gazing fondly at the blue, then realized he'd sort of forgotten about the woman. "Um, sorry...I guess Cen already told you, but I'm Taminy."
Charm
Charm

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down