Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH]

+3
Otania
Rye
Iskiea
7 posters

Go down

Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] Empty Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH]

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:07 pm

Everyone was in the chambers that had been prepared for them to spend all their check ups and their first night in. Only those military were quite used to the close quaters everyone was going to sleep in tonight. 25 beds had been prepared although only 16 were to be used, everyone had one bed and a chest at the end of the bed where records and personal items were to be kept. Dresses for the girls were all hung up next to their beds, and for the boys dress suits, and dress uniform for those military men for the banquet to be held in their honour that night. On one side of the room the girls had been put, opposite them were the boys, padded rectangle like platforms sat at the end of the beds obviously meant for their dragon partners.

Mikhael lent back onto his bed, taking a look at the girls across the room his eyes fell upon Adrienne and her Galateath. Both looked so good together, his Zharath was asleep on his little platform quite obilivous of his partners thoughts for the moment. Jase looked like he was sleeping, catching a few z's with Rikath curled up in his arms, those two had seen the entire hatching inccident and were not doing the best out of them, in fact this was probably the first time anyone had seen Jase depressed. He was usually know for his energetic and optimistic never say die nature.

Ravana was still in a little bit of shock but at least she had managed to get her violent gold Airlaith to get some sleep. Making sure he bed was split from the others she did not wish her partner to hurt anyone, she knew that she could hold her back now, but who knew in the future when they would have to come back to these rooms. Artemis was in complete rapture with her blue, though she tried her best his pessimistic views didn't seem to lift, it didn't deter the young girl, who being the youngest of the group was the one that caught the most attention of the Geneticists, they were curious to see just how a girl of that age could handle the responsibility, especially a girl like Artemis.

Sean had taken a seat at one of the tables with Kateri, one of the green riders and over a hot mug of what had become known as Klah, a very good substitute for the coffee which didn't seem to take to Pern's soil, it had become a hit with those who drank plenty of coffee back home. They were having a polite converstion, Sean still worried about how she was coping with Merulath and everything that had transpired and the hatching. Salath quite happily sleeping curled in Sean's lap, he wasn't all that heavy and not much bigger than some half grown puppies.

'Mikhael, I Itch.'

Those words broke the silence in Mikhael's mind and he sat up, looking to the back wall he could see oil skins and some bag of sand he had seen the firelizards rub themself against making it foam and clean away the dead skin. Reaching over Mikhael gave Zharath a scratch, he was surprised to find a dry spot.

"You feel a bit dry Zhar."

He pointed out to his bronze who went to inspect the spot himself almost falling over with the effort. Having a firelizard himself, who made a timely appearence flashing him with images of a bath, gave him an idea and and getting up grab both a bag of what did the geneticists name it.. Sweetsand.. yes that was it, because of the pleasent smell it gave to ones skin. It also proved to be quite hypoallergenic for those with sensetive skin and an excellent cleaner, it was already starting to replace the soap they were running out of since they were too low on swine to kill them and boil them down for the fat needed to make the soaps.

"Zharath's itchy, I'm taking him for a bath if anyone else wants to come. The geneticists look like they were prepared, so grab a bag of sweetsand and an oilskin. I'll be down at the lake."

From a one way mirror the Geneticits had installed in the wall they watched, they didn't need to hear to know Mikhael was the first to show initiative. Well now this was going to be much of a surprise and one of them left to follow him down to the lake shores and watch. Soon Mik was followed by Artemis, who was laughing over her blues overly dramatic display over his woe of being itchy. Ravana scooping Airlaith into her arms, hoping she didn't accidently wake her gold in a fright carried her much like one would a child on the hip. It was better to get her washed and back to sleep before anyone else, after all who knew what her partner was capable of.

"How's Merulath feeling? Salath's got a few dry spots I should attend to before he gets itchy. Would you like to join me in bathing them, Rin thinks it's a good idea?"

Sean asked Kateri as she sat across from him, noting how even in his sleep Salath tried to scratch as some of his dry patches. The blue on Sean's shoulder looked up from his watch over the new blue thing in Sean's arm and chirped his agreement, still not sure over the blue who looked like one of him, just much bigger.

Jase stirred at Mikhael's words and seeing the look in Rikath's eyes and she tried not to scratch at her tail's dry patches.

"Oh sweet I'm sorry to have neglected you"

He appologised to his green girl lifting her little body into his arms he grabbed what Mik said they needed and left to follow him. Like so many others were.

---------------------------------------------
At The Lake

"First we better get you wet"

Seeing Zharaths caution of the water he chuckle softly and knelt down to reassuringly pat his new partner.

"Don't worry I'll come in with you."

Dropping his jacket to the ground he rolled up his pants and tying the bag of sweetsand to his pants. Leaving his jacket, boots, socks and the oilskin on the shore he strode into the water with Zharath who whilst cautious at first began to enjoy the sensation of water on him. Reaching into the bag of sweetsand on his pants he pulled out a handful and like the images Lulu had sent to him began rubbing into Zharath's hide particularly his itchy spots illicting a croon from his bronze.

'That feels nice Mikhael, I'm not itching so much anymore'

Well that was definatly a good sign, and turning to the others he saw coming down and to the geneticist watching, he grinned and spoke.

"Well it works. He says he's not so itchy anymore."

[[This one is set mid afternoon, when the dragons have mostly woken from their naps or are still awake. ^.^ It's set before the banquet.]]
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] Empty Re: Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH]

Post by Rye Sat Jul 11, 2009 12:05 am

"Zharath's itchy, I'm taking him for a bath if anyone else wants to come. The geneticists look like they were prepared, so grab a bag of sweetsand and an oilskin. I'll be down at the lake."

At Mikhael's words Adrienne looked up, causing Galateath to glance up with her. Before Adrienne could ask her gold if she wanted to go, the hatchling replied to Adreinne's thought.

Yes, mine. I do itch, unless of course you do not want to.

Adrienne, shocked again by the way Galateath read her mind, told her assurededly as he began to follow Mikhael out the door,

Of course I want to. What makes you content makes me happy, love.

Roman and Cadmuth, on their bed in the farthest, dark corner (Cadmuth picked the bed's location, of course. He said it was fitting, as they were supposed to be scary.), followed the others out the door as Cadmuth told Roman of his horrid itching.

=======

Once they'd finally reached the lake, Adrienne stripped off her long pants and shirt to reveal a white bikini she'd changed into when her and Galateath stopped by Adrienne's living quarters on the way to the lake. The gold had no qualms about getting into the water, after all, if Zharath was safe in it, than surely she would be, too.

Adreinne, after rubbing her Gold's hide thoroughly with the Sweetsand, was rewarded when Galateath crooned in content after being relieved of her itchiness.

Finished with the extent of her bath, Adrienne took a few moments to play in the water with her Galateath; the gold enjoyed the cool fell of the liquid on her hide and was loathe to leave it. Grinning as she felt the gold's happiness, Adrienne turned to Mikhael and watched as he and Zharath finished with their bath. Grinning even wider, Adrienne stood up and began making her way over to where the pair was, with Galateath swimming as best she could behind her. Walking up to the bondeds, Adrienne smiled gently at Mikhael before asking,

"How'd he like his bath?"

Roman and Cadmuth, upon coming into view of the water, stopped to watch the others bathe. When Roman finally decided to continue on into the lake, he was met by a firm refusal by the brown.

I'm not going in there.

Oh yes, you are.

I might drown, mine. Would you want that?

Silly, no you won't. You're worse than Zane.

Am not.

Stuck, Roman thought for a moment before telling Cadmuth,

No one will find you scary if they think you're afraid of water.

With a sigh, the dragon relented, saying,

Fine. But if I drown, I'm going to haunt you.

With a chuckle Roman entered the water and began the process of scrubbing Cadmuth.

Last edited by Rye on Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH] Empty Re: Can you help me? I'm Itchy [DRAGON'S FIRST BATH]

Post by Otania Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:32 am

Otania was dealing with Sky and Earthquake while Verreth was still napping. Otania started to get itchy. Then she saw that Verreth was awake and having troubles with something, that was when Otania realized he was itchy.

My back is itchy. Please help? Verreth asked, still slightly asleep. Otania kneeled beside him and scratched his back. Giving relief to both her dragon and herself. ut them he got itchy all oer again.

"Time for a bath, it well help with the itch." She told him as she grabbed some of the stuff the gentists made for them. Sweetsand they called it, well it did smell sweet so Otania thought the name fit it perfectly. Verreth took the bag with his claws when she picked him up. Then she walked with the others to the lake. She took the bag from Verreth and he ran towards the lake. He then tripped and tumbled into the lake.

That was unexpected. Now I am all wet. Can you take care of my itch?

"Yes I can" She laughed as she waded into the water beside Verreth. I was still hard to think of him as HER dragon. She started to scrub his hide with the sweetsand. She saw that Verreth was enjoying the attention and she saw another rider near them.

"Hi. I am Otania, this is my Blue Verreth. May I ask your names?"
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:17 am

Kateri had been a poor conversational partner for Sean but she'd welcomed the opportunity to sit quietly and enjoy a mug of klah. But for their new, unfamiliar surroundings, there was an oddly comforting air of domesticity in the cavern. There were sixteen of them, people she knew and people she did not. Looking around over the rim of her mug at their faces, she felt that she would be able to settle here... eventually.

"How's Merulath feeling? Salath's got a few dry spots I should attend to before he gets itchy. Would you like to join me in bathing them, Rin thinks it's a good idea?"

"I'll ask her..." Kat looked down at Merulath, who had sprawled over her feet and appeared to be sleeping peacefully. Only the back and forth twitch of her tail gave away how close the green was to full consciousness.

"We both think that'd be a good idea," she said, and gave Sean a smile. Kat was pleased at the suggestion; already there was a sense of comradeship here. Who else but those around them could possibly understand what they'd been through? Wriggling her toes nudged Merulath into alertness, and in a blink the green went from lounging to dashing towards the entrance.

A lake, a bath in a lake! What's a lake? Oh, pretty! Merulath had rummaged about in Kateri's head to find the image, and only ran faster. I'll beat you there, Salath!

What else could Kat do but laugh? She tossed a grin at Sean, then gathered up the bathing implements and followed after the others. "I hope they... slow down a little, as they get older. It's like having a hyperactive five year old in my mind."

At the lake...

Merulath was already frolicking through the water's edge by the time her rider arrived, walking at a more sedate pace with Sean. Dream was "helping" the little one explore that boundary but doing an excellent job of making sure that Merulath didn't stray too deeply before Kateri got there.

"How large do you suppose they're going to get?" Kat asked Sean. She bounced the sack of soapsand in one hand, and used the other to wave at Otania, who was nearby. "Verreth is looking well. Such a handsome little fellow."
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sat Jul 11, 2009 11:28 am

Trent had been forced to move beds three times thanks to Demath. It wasn't that his dragon was that picky or finicky, it was that he kept trying to steal all the other dragons' sleeping mats for himself. 'Quit that, Demath. They have to sleep too.' He said the final time his bronze tried to take one.

'But Trent. I want them so I can be comfortable. Don't you want me to be comfortable?' Demath asked down trodden.

'Of course, but others should be able to be comfortable too.' He replied, putting back another mat and then picking up his bronze and carrying him back to their bed. Demath didn't like it, but he didn't argue anymore.

'Yes, I am very itchy. Take me to the lake and fix it. I don't want to be itchy anymore.' Demath said.

'Okay, we will go too.' Trent said following after the others and grabbing his own supplies.

At the lake...

Demath hadn't been too hesitant to get into the water. Once a few of the other dragons were in, he just couldn't be left out. So he readily ran into the water. "Hey! Slow down there Demath, don't want you hurting yourself." Trent said catching up to his bronze. "Alright, now let me get you cleaned up." He said kneeling down next to him. He got a handful of sweetsand, a wonderful new item, and started scrubbing.

'That feels wonderful, Trent. A little lower please.' Demath said, thoroughly enjoying himself. Trent wanted to talk to someone, but everyone seemed so busy at the moment. So he would wait till he was done bathing Demath to mingle.

Sashike was still in awe and still very upset by the hatching. She honestly didn't think she would ever get Delanth calmed down, but thankfully Tiberiuth had been a real help there. Once they had gotten to the barracks, Delanth was back to her normal self with a bit of sadness tinged in her voice. The gold of course didn't not want to sleep anywhere besides with the bronzes and other golds. Since Airlaith was so hostile, they took the bed next to Tiberiuth and Demath.

Delanth had used a lot of energy being so angry thanks to the inncident and had napped since the hatching. Sashike had taken the time to nap as well. Then she woke with the feeling of being itchy and Delanth looking at her. 'Finally you are up. I am itchy and want to be bathed. The others are going to the lake. We will go with them.' She told Sashike.

'I'm sorry lovey. You should have just woken me. We will go.' She said getting up and leading them to the lake.

'You look pretty sleeping. Besides we are going now.' Delanth answered haughtily as she followed Sashike.

At the lake...

"Come on Delanth. You wanted the bath, so you have to get in the water." Sashike reasoned with her gold.

'I don't want to. Who knows what's in that water. Just wash me out here.' She replied back. Sashike simply shook her head no and pointed to the water. It was clear that if Delanth wanted to stop itching she would have to get in. With a huff she finally waded in. 'Happy?' She asked sarcastically.

"Very." Sashike said as she started scrubbing her. She vaguely wondered if Soldier and his bronze was there yet.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:15 am

Soldier and Bronze Tiberiuth
Soldier looked about the room. It was cramped by Military standards, but one that he was not used to being in while he had been just an ordinary Private in the rank and file of the Military. He wasn't sleepy, not at all, but he was tidying up the place that he was to use from now on. He didn't have much with him, he wasn't a hoarder of useless trinkets. He did have his armor currently inside the chest at the end of his bed. Tiberiuth was currently napping after the big meal that he had. Soldier had to be thankful that Tiberiuth didn't dwell on the death of one of his brethren. He really wouldn't know how to deal with that sort of emotion.

He has been suppressing his own emotions that suddenly feeling that outpouring of love from Tiberiuth was all he could do not to blush like some silly school girl. He chose the bed nearest the exit/entrance to the room. He was the tallest among the lot of them, and he wasn't about to crowd anyone's space. Of course, it was a different matter when it came to Sashike and he looked over on the other side of his bed to the side where the ladies were currently bunking.

He saw Delanth curiously looking at a sleeping Sashike, he smiled at the gold careful not to let the other know that he was smiling at her. Then he heard Mikhael state that his Zharath was itchy and he would take the dragon for a bath. He saw Mikhael haul a few things with him, a bag of sweetsand, and an oilskin. The sweetsand was some new invention of the Geneticists to replace their dwingling supply of soap. He rather liked the smell of it, not really too feminine in his opinion. At least, not like some of the orginal perfumed soaps that he had to use because there weren't anything else at the time.

He saw a few others following after Mikhael and his Bronze Zharath. He also saw Sashike with Gold Delanth following after those that have left for the lake. However, since Tiberiuth was still napping, Soldier was forced to stay behind until his bronze woke up from his sleep.

And boy did Tiberiuth suddenly woke with an itch that just cannot be scratched. He was not like other dragons who was slow in waking up. One second Tiberiuth had been fast asleep, the next second, he was up and trying his best to get at his back where it was as he so put it nicely, My back itches, and I cannot reach it scratch it and stop the itching.

Soldier looked behind his bed where the platform for Tiberiuth was located. He moved Tiberiuth's head so that Soldier can take a look at the itchy spot. He himself was feeling an itchy at his back but he was too disciplined to scratch himself. Besides, it wasn't really him that was itchy, it was Tiberiuth and Soldier was just feeling what Tiberiuth was feeling. When Soldier moved Tiberiuth's head away from the itchy spot, he saw a sort of dry patch of skin. He didn't like what he saw and like he had done for Caesar, he dabbed a few drops of oil from the oilskin onto a rag and rubbed it on the dry patch.

At once, Tiberiuth relaxed and said, Ah, that feels so much better. as he purred his contentment.

Soldier finished rubbing the oiled rag onto Tiberiuth and said, "Well, if you
are awake, pick yourself up and let's give you a proper bath. The others have gone on ahead of you. I'm sure Sashike and Delanth are wondering where we are."

When Soldier stopped speaking, Tiberiuth looked around, there were indeed only a handful of people that were still inside the room. And yes, Delanth was no where to be seen. With a stretch of his muscles, like he was some feline stretching his body, Tiberiuth got down from the platform and headed out towards the lake. He looked behind as he said, Well, are you coming or not, Augustus-Mine? with an inquiring tone.

Soldier, took a bag of sweetsand as well as an oilskin just like he had seen Mikhael do. Looking around, to make sure no one was near, he scowled at Tiberiuth as he said, "Will you stop calling me, Augustus? I don't like the name. It doesn't suit me at all."

In reply, Tiberiuth just hurrumped as he said, I shall not stop calling you Augustus for that is your name, Augustus-Mine.

Caesar flew after His, somewhat alert for danger. It was a nice day and he would hate for it to be ruined by the appearance of Thread. It was just luck and fortune that Thread had not fallen on the day of the Hatching.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the lake, Soldier saw that there were others already bathing their dragon. He saw Sashike and her Gold Delanth to one side. Soldier walked towards where they were and hoped that Tiberiuth was following after him. He put down the bag of sweetsand and oilskin a few feet from the shore. He turned back and said to Tiberiuth, "Okay, your turn. Go in there and get wet."

Tiberiuth looked up at Soldier, then he looked at the waters of the lake, much as he didn't trust the waters, he trusted His more so with sigh, he went until he was shoulder deep in water. Then, experimenting a little, dove under the water. He came up spluttering for the water had gone up his nose when he had tried to inhale while his head had been under the waters.

Soldier who had been waiting for Tiberiuth to get wet, was not prepared to have a dragon who almost drowned himself. With an oath, he stomped towards Tiberiuth. "What in Shells are you trying to do? I said to get wet, I did not tell you to go dive under the water." Soldier reprimanded Tiberiuth as he gathered the bronze into his arms and walked back towards the shore. He had felt his heart skip a beat when he had thought that Tiberiuth had drowned himself. But after that shot of fear, of course came the rage for Tiberiuth's near accident.

Soldier sat cross-legged on the shores, not minding that he was getting wet. He settled Tiberiuth within the circle of his legs and proceeded to scrub Tiberiuth's hide. He was so focused with his task that he fair forgot the fact that Sashike and Gold Delanth was there beside him.

Caesar had gone into the lake to swim. It was a nice day to swim and he did so. He called out to the other firelizards hoping to entice them to join him in his relaxation. He wouldn't mind have a swimming race with the others if they wanted to.

Alex and Brown Lucath
Alex was unpacking his stuff while Lucath was awake unlike most of the dragons who had been sleeping after filling their stomach. Luc was curious as to what sort of stuff Alex had with him. Alex separated the formal wear that he was to wear later for the Banquet. He wondered if it would still fit him. It had been so long since he had worn those formals and he has grown a bit especially around the shoulder area. Hopefully, Istvana had been able to find someone to adjust the uniform. Otherwise, he was going to show up in a plain tuxedo instead of his formal dress uniform.

Are you doing to wear this for the Banquet? Lucath asked Alex.

"Yes I am. Those are my formal dress uniform. Istvana should have asked someone to adjust the measurements." Alex said as he gave the uniform a hard flap dislodging any dust that may have stuck on the clothing.

Do you think I can join you at the Banquet? Lucath asked.

"I don't see why not. But are you sure you'll still be up by then? It is rather late in the evening, and I'm sure you'll be very sleepy by then since you didn't take a nap like the others have done." Alex replied as he made sure that the shoes that went with the formal dress uniform were spotless and shiny.

Maybe not then. I just wasn't very sleepy this morning. And... I am getting itchy, Mine. Lucath said as he ducked under his left wing trying to get at an itchy spot under the wing somewhere between his shoulder blade and wing.

Alex looked at the spot that Lucath was trying to get at and saw a dry patch of skin. He had heard Mik saying something about Zharath being itchy so, gathering a bag of sweetsand and an oilskin, he gathered Lucath into his arms and said, "Well, you probably need a bath like the others then. Come on, we'll run there." as he proceeded to do a jogging run towards the lake careful of his steps in case he tripped on something.

When he arrived, he was just in time to hear Soldier scolding his bronze. He wondered what happened but he was more concerned about Lucath. And noticing what Soldier had done in order to give his Bronze Tiberiuth a bath, Alex did the same and sat cross legged near the shores of the lake. And Soldier, he was wet within seconds.

Beloved and Warrior had been flying after Alex who almost forgot about them in his concern about Lucath, but they weren't too jealous and settled near Alex. Warrior dragged the oilskin away from the water of the lake while Beloved dragged the bag of sweetsand on a drier patch of the shore away from the water's edge. She stuck her right foreleg into the bag and brought a handful of the stuff for Alex.

Alex smiled at his pets and said, "Thanks loves. What would I do without you?" And then he proceeded to supervise his pets as he gave Lucath a bath.

Lucath sighed in relief as Alex allowed him to sink shoulder deep into the water. However, Alex was mindful that Lucath not go diving under the waters. At least not yet that the dragon doesn't know what it means to dive.

Lesla and Green Oleksyth
Lesla had taken a short nap just as Leksy had decided to go for a nap herself. After a time, Lesla felt an itch at her side. She scratched at it but the itch did not alleviate. She cracked open an eye and noticed Leksy was still napping on her platform. However, Lesla could see a dry patch on the part of Oleksyth's body which if Lesla thought about it, would be just at her side. She gently scratched at the dry patch and a few skin flaked off. And for some reason, the itch on her side seemed to have alleviated a bit after Lesla had scratched on that dry patch of skin on Leksy.

She looked around but noticed that there weren't a lot of people in the room. She wondered where everyone had gone and wondered by her brother hadn't woken her up. But then again, he must have been more concerned about Cadmuth that Lesla understood and didn't feel at all left out. She did however nudged Oleksyth awake. "Come on Love. Wake up. I think the others have all gone out to get a bath. At least, I know that you need one." Lesla said as she pointed to the dry spot on Oleksyth's hide.

Oleksyth, gave a yawn as she complained, But I'm still sleepy. Carry me to the lake then. as she climbed over Lesla's lap so that Lesla can easily pick her up when Lesla got up out of the tiny bed. Lesla was just a tad glad that Oleksyth was the smallest among her brethren, Lesla wondered how long it would be until she would be unable to carry the Green within her arms like she was now.

She looked around wondering what she needed to bring and Lovely appeared with an oilskin. Lesla thanked Lovely and before she could say another word, Lovely disappeared and appeared right back with a bag of sweetsand. Again she thanked Lovely and she walked towards the lake with Oleksyth within her arms curled up in sleep again.

At the lake, she saw her brother was already scrubbing on Cadmuth. She went to where her brother was, and sat near him. She was quiet and probably wasn't heard by Roman. She set down the bag of sweetsand out of reach of the water and set the oilskin well away from the water. She knelt on the water and then dropped the sleeping Oleksyth into the water making sure that Lesla had her head above the waters. Oleksyth flailed into wakefulness, unfurling her wings and probably splashing water to those near her. Lesla laughed as she got wet by Oleksyth.

What was that for, Mine? Oleksyth asked indignantly. Her sleep was just rudely interrpted by being dumped into the water.

"That's for going back to sleep on me. You need a bath just like the others and I'm not about to be the last one out here at the lake giving you one." Lesla told Oleksyth as she took a handful of sweetsand and spread over Leksy's back. Lesla then proceeded to gently scrub at Leksy's hide much like she did for Lovely when Lovely had only been recently hatched.

Oleksyth woult have complained but, the relief she felt at being in the water and the scrubbing motion of Lesla was enough to make her relax and get comfy enough to sleep. She did however stay awake as she purred under Lesla ministrations.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Sat Jul 18, 2009 10:13 am

Deran had, immediately after feeding Tarath for the first time, gotten into the weyrling barracks area and collapsed on one of the beds. Tarath had quickly curled up on the pad at the foot of the bed and then, much to Deran's surprise, August had appeared and settled on Tarath's back to keep a watch out over him. With that, he passed out. Late nights followed by emotional impressions tend to make one pass out.

Waking up was not his choice, however. In his dreams he began to hear a soft voice calling in his head, when suddenly that voice pulled him into the realm of the waking. He sat up quick and murmured out Tarath's name.

'Deran mine, you are awake! You have to see what I made!' The blue was not where Deran first looked, at his pallet, but instead up beside the bed with his nose in the chest. Apparently, it had been unlocked, and Tarath had managed to open its lid. He had nosed the clothes around, arranging the colors into different patterns. 'Is it not impressive?'

Deran blinked and looked at what had been his carefully arranged chest. "Well, it certainly is! But I will have to refold those now." His voice held a hint of amusement however.

He suddenly thought of August, and looked around for her. He noticed several of the other bonded pairs gone, but August was lounging on one of the empty beds. She chirped at him and flew over, rubbing her back up against his hand in the way she did to beg for scratches. Without thinking about it he reached down and stroked, only to notice a slight rough patch between her wings. "Well, I guess you need oiling August."

'What is oiling Deran? Is it fun?' Tarath asked wistfully, turning to look up at his chosen.

"Well, oiling happens when your skin gets itchy, and it helps keep it looking nice. August here needs some because her back is itchy. Is yours?" Deran leaned down to inspect his new partner, looking carefully at the dark blue hide.

Tarath shifted slightly. 'Well, something does feel funny on my back. It could be itchyness. Can you oil me?' The blue shifted to try and look at his back, fluttering one wing to the side.

Deran finally spotted a bit of a rough patch on Tarath's neck. "Not only can I, looks like I should. You have some patchy skin. Let me look around." The young man got up and walked over towards the door. He spotted oil cloths, and sweetsand, and several others down by the lake. "Well, maybe we can go there." He turned around to find Tarath right behind him, his nose in the bags. "Yes, those are the bags for the sweetsand, we use it to get clean."

'Can we use it to make things then, when we get clean?' Tarath looked hopefully, then grabbed a bag in his muzzle. August chirped and landed on Deran's shoulder as he smiled down at the blue. "Yes Tarath, we can make suds and play with them. Lets go." He scooped up an oil cloth, the dragon, and the sweetsand the dragon is holding, then marches out the door.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once down at the lake, he found a spot next to one of the bronze dragons and his partner. Deran set Tarath down, who let out a squeal of joy and splashed right on into the water, looking this way and that. Deran laughed and set down the oil rag and sweetsand bag, stripping off unessential clothes to get into the water.

'Chosen, where are the suds?' Tarath said, turning to look back at Deran.

"Just a moment, Tarath. I will come in and clean you, and that will make suds," he replied, and walked out into the water. "Sorry there, Tarath is a bit eager to play and create things with suds. I hope he did not splash either of you," he said to the bronze and his bonded. "Trent, right?"
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Sun Jul 19, 2009 6:09 am

'Bronze one, do not do that again. I would be most displeased if you had drowned yourself. There is few of us elite dragons as is.' Delanth said to Tiberiuth. She was only in the water up to her dragon knees and she was very much enjoying this.

"Delanth! Mind you manners young gold." Sashike said to her gold, a bit embarrassed by what she had said. "I'm sorry about that Soldier. She's got such a spirit in her. Not that it's a bad thing, we just have to learn to use it for good." She said to the bronzerider.

Trent didn't see the little blue come up behind them, so the splashing sound startled him a bit. "Fardles, what the heck?" He asked turning to see what it was.

'That was just one of my blue brother, being a bit hyper. As long as he doesn't take my oil and soap, I don't mind him.' Demath said not seeming to want to be bothered by the little blue.

"No, no. You're fine. He didn't get us, just startled me a bit. That's all." Trent said to the other boy. "Trent's right. You're.... Guh, sorry. I'm awful with names." He said trying to recall the boys voice.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Ridayah Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:46 am

Deran looked at Tarath and shook his head lightly, but with a smile. He then turned to face Trent with a grin. "Deran, and that ball of energy is Tarath. He likes to make things." In one hand he held a washcloth, and as Tarath turned to wash Deran filled it with sweetsand. He wet it down and walked out into the water.

'Do I have to wait to play in the suds? Could I make suds with Demanth?' Tarath wriggled about in the water, getting in up to his haunches. Granted, that meant it was pretty close to shore, but all the easier for Deran who just walked right in and crouched down to begin scrubbing at the blue. "Tarath wants to splash and make suds with your bronze."
Ridayah
Ridayah

http://ridayah.livejournal.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:50 am

Hesper wrote:'Bronze one, do not do that again. I would be most displeased if you had drowned yourself. There is few of us elite dragons as is.' Delanth said to Tiberiuth. She was only in the water up to her dragon knees and she was very much enjoying this.

"Delanth! Mind you manners young gold." Sashike said to her gold, a bit embarrassed by what she had said. "I'm sorry about that Soldier. She's got such a spirit in her. Not that it's a bad thing, we just have to learn to use it for good." She said to the bronzerider.
Soldier turned to look at Sashike as he heard her voice. He had been so focused on Tiberiuth that he forgot she and Delanth were there. With a shake of his head, he said, "Don't apologize. If she can stop him from making a fool of himself again like that, I'd welcome her scolding him. She outranks him anyways." as he now let Tiberiuth go and rinse himself of the soapsuds.

Tiberiuth would have dunked his head to hide in shame for scaring himself and His like that. And it didn't help that Gold Delanth didn't like what he almost did to himself. With a sheepish tone to his voice he said to His, I apologize, Augustus-Mine for scaring you and myself with that silly experiment. Rest assured that I shall not do so again. Then to Delanth, he replied with, Do not worry. I have learned my lesson with that experiment of mine. I shall not do something that might prove harmful to myself. After all, I do not want to leave Mine all alone when I have just found him. as he now properly rinsed himself without drowning himself in the water.

Caesar floated back towards Tiberiuth and chirped at him, then sent an image of Tiberiuth and him floating in the waters after the bath. Tiberiuth acknowledged the little Bronze firelizard by nuzzling him, but he said to Caesar, I am sorry little cousin. I think that Mine is not done with me yet. as he walked back towards His. Caesar just nuzzled back at Tiberiuth and once more floated back into the deeper parts of the lake where he can float and swim to his heart's content.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down