Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen]

2 posters

Go down

So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] Empty So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen]

Post by Iskiea Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:39 am

It was nice to be home, as cruel as it sounded he was glad his sister and Morgen were injured. It had given him a reason to take himself and the twins out of the almost stifling confines of the Caldera. It was beautiful, not to get him wrong, and truly was spacious but he was more used to the wide open spaces than living in a cave, something that had taken some getting used to. It was nice down here though, spacious; Granny and Avalon had done a wonderful job with planning the Homestead, though sometimes he believed Granny had more input than Avalon over a lot of things, that woman was entirely to fond of his sister and liked nothing more than to tease her something shocking.

His sisters injuries had worried him, but when he had heard the condition Morgen was in he had taken the twins from Artemis and told her he was going to live with Avalon for a bit. Though the twins were his nephews, he knew it was not safe to leave them with Artemis even if she was their mother, one never knew where the children would end up at if she was left alone with them. He was shocked though to see the change in his sister and once Morgen had awoken the change in him too. The two were inseparable now, Avalon endlessly fussed over Morgen, who merely teased her back with good natured humour, it never ceased to give him and Granny a kick to see her turn those certain shades of red she did.

It was love, pure and simple he could see it. Somehow he couldn't help but feel left out, he knew it would happen eventually between them, but he still couldn't help the loneliness he felt. She was his twin, his other half and it was hard accepting that she had another man in her life, even if it was Morgen. Arturius was happy it was him though, he didn't think he could accept any other man for his sister than Morgen.

Today however he was in their stable giving Taliesin and Galahad brush downs, both of them had done well when he had gone for a few days to help the neighbouring cattle farm move their cattle into the mountains to shelter them from the forecast Thread due to fall. Once again he was complimented on them both and how well they handled the terrain compared to the other horses. Pern proving to be much like the rugged outback terrain that Australia seemed to hold. Both horses were happy for the attention, though Galahad was still missing his Ava and not having her around as often, he was coping alright thanks to the attention Arturius gave him. Brushing in long strokes Arturius hummed one of his sister's songs as he brushed the chestnut hide of Taliesin, who immensely enjoyed the attention.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] Empty Re: So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen]

Post by Rye Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:01 am

"That's one of Ava's, isn't it?"

As Morgen'd walked into the stable, he couldn't help but to recognize the tune Arturius was humming. It was one of Avalon's favorites, and because she played it so well it'd become everyone else's, too. As he walked farther down the hallway, Morgen finally caught a glimpse of the younger man; he was grooming Taliesin, and he was standing between the two horses tied in their repsective stalls.

Coming closer, Morgen got to where he was standing at Gallahad's right side; he had to look over the palomino's back to see Arturius. With one hand he stroked the stallion's nose, which had been graciously turned his way as he stopped, and the other hand he placed over the stallion's back. His shoulder didn't even protest, a fact that had Morgen immensely satisfied. It was healing, and, well... that meant that soon he'd be able to start doing more strenous activities, such as riding, helping around the house, and... cavorting with Ava.

As he looked across at Arturius, Morgen grinned amiably at the man who'd become like his younger brother before asking,

"How'd they do up the mountain?"

It was obvious he was referring to the horses, and their trip driving the cattle into a safer range.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen] Empty Re: So, you want to marry my sister huh?.. Sure, she's all yours. [Morgen]

Post by Iskiea Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:21 am

"That's one of Ava's, isn't it?"

Arturius looked up to see Morgen looking at him from across Gallahad's back, and nodded. Often Arturius had accompanied Ava on the piano to that song, but not since their parents died had he accompanied her, namely because she never really played it anymore.

"Yeah, Dad helped her write it, it's very special to her."

Grabbing another brush he tossed it at Morgen, with a look that said 'give me a hand, don't just stand there' though it was meant in the nicest possible manner as he knew the man was wounded and still healing.

"How'd they do up the mountain?"

Arturius turned his attention back to Taliesin and brushed him, changing sides so he could to the chestnut stallions other side and talk to Morgen. As the brush ran through the chestnut hair of Taliesin's hide Arturius had slight nod for Morgen before he spoke.

"Like they were born to take those cattle up there. I've got a lot of compliments to tell Avalon. Everyone is proud of how well she is doing, Sam Ryan rode Taliesin, said he never met a horse more at home on that trail other than Gallahad himself. He said he wouldn't hesisate to ride any horse loaned to him from here,"

There was nothing but pride in Arturius' voice for his sister and her work. Despite his absence she held strong and seem to flourish like his father always said she would. So he said it, after all it needed to be said, especially when she had been given such praise.

"Father would have been especially proud of her."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:39 am

"Father would have been especially proud of her."

Morgen nodded, somewhat sobered by his thoughts on what Llewellyn might think of his relationship with Ava. Would the older man have approved? Would Morgen be betraying his trust by feeling the way he did for Avalon? Morgen scowled lightly as he pondered.

Brushing Gallahad made it easier not to think, as he was consumed by the task at hand, but the musings still ate at him.

Finally, unable to deal with the traitorous thoughts, Morgen asked Arturius boldly,

"Art? What do you think your dad might've said about Avalon & I? Am I doing something he wouldn't have liked...? I mean, you know about my promise and all...."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:57 am

"Art? What do you think your dad might've said about Avalon & I? Am I doing something he wouldn't have liked...? I mean, you know about my promise and all...."

Arturius looked up, the grin on his face he couldn't hide although he managed to smother the laughter that rose up in him at the utterly hilarious look on his brother's face. Oh this was priceless, and he knew in an instant that what his father must have known before any of them did. Everything starting with that song, that song Ava asked their father to help her write. A song that only Arturius knew the title too, other than Avalon herself.

"Father would have been proud of you both. I think he wanted to make sure sis would be happy even after he was gone. I don't think he could have chosen anyone else more suited to the job."

Arturius gave him a wink before turning his attention back to combing Taliesin's chestnut mane.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:13 am

At Arturius's grin, Morgen looked back curiously. Why was he smiling so?

"Father would have been proud of you both. I think he wanted to make sure sis would be happy even after he was gone. I don't think he could have chosen anyone else more suited to the job."

With a start as the younger man winked at him, Morgen realized that Arturius probably knew exactly what he was thinking. Darn. Morgen grinned sheepishly back at Avalon's twin as he replied,

"So, I take it you've known how I felt about her for a while now."

Honsetly, it wouldn't surprise the hunter if he did. Continuing on Gallahad's rump, Morgen waited for Arturius to respond.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:58 pm

"So, I take it you've known how I felt about her for a while now."

Arturius smiled softly at Morgen, fingers running through Taliesin's mane as he paused to lean over the back of the stallion who didn't seem to mind the historian leaning against him.

"Ever since Avalon asked Father to help her with that song."

His reply was out of his mouth before he could even stop it and he watched the hunter intensely as to the reaction he would get. Would it click with him that his sister had loved him that long, and that the song was his, or would he simple be oblivious like he had seen his sister be with many of the farm hands that had come and gone over the years.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:16 pm

"Ever since Avalon asked Father to help her with that song."

Morgen's mouth was left slightly agape as his mind registered the words. Ever since Avalon Asked father to help her... Wait. So.... Avalon asked her dad? As he looked at Arturius's face in confusion, it all suddenly clicked. Morgen still couldn't believe it, though, so he had to ask Arturius,

"What, exactly, are you saying? She's been in love with me all these years, while I was valiantly trying to hide my feelings from her? No."

His last word was said as a exhale, and as the hunter waited for Arturius to speak, his hazel eyes bored into the younger man's blue ones.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 10, 2009 1:11 pm

There was a small smile from Arturius, well now the secret was out he might as well answer the man who was like an older brother to him. Especially with the way he was looking at him he knew he couldn't hide it anymore from him. With a sight he gave Taliesin a rub on the back before looking back up to meet Morgen's intense Hazel eyes.

"She has, she never realized it though. She wrote that song for you she used to hum it every time you were gone."

He turned his attention back to rubbing down Taliesin's neck with the brush, he was almost done, but he was eager to see just exactly what Morgen was thinking or wanted to ask him.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:22 pm

"She has, she never realized it though. She wrote that song for you; she used to hum it every time you were gone."

Morgen's breath went out in a quiet, muttered,

"Damn."

Looking down at Gallahad's hooves, he toed the ground thoughtfully before looking back up at Arturius with a shy, uncharacteristically impish smile. His eyes still held their teasing light, though, as he stated,

"Since we're having this informative Q & A, let me go on and say it. Arturius, can I have your blessings?"

After an infuriating silence, during which Morgen judged the younger man's facial expressions, he continued,

"Do you mind letting me ask Avalon for her hand?"

Morgen felt like the following few seconds as he waited for Arturius's reply took forever to pass.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:56 pm

Arturius' arms cross across his chest as he surveyed Morgen in front of him. By gods, his brother was nervous though he had half expected him to come and see him earlier. He was silent for a long time and kept a stern look on his face as if he was trying to play the act of father. Putting the brush down he moved around like he wanted to inspect Morgen closer. He was tempted to ask all the serious questions and tease him like he knew their father would have, instead his face broke into a wide smile, as cheeky as their father was Arturius didn't want to cause his friend anymore stress than he was already under. His voice was rather off handed and nonchalant as he smirk at the man he had come to call brother.

"So, you want to marry my sister huh?"

There was a long pause before he clapped Morgen on his could shoulder, grin wider than before if that was ever possible.

"Sure, she's all yours."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 10, 2009 10:53 pm

"Sure, she's all yours."

As Arturius said those words and clapped him on the back, Morgen grinned, feeling as if his heart would burst out of his chest. Reaching around to wrap the younger man into a hug, he laughingly told Arturuis,

"I can only hope it's that easy. You know how your sister can get when she's got her mind set on something."

"Hopefully I'll come back in one piece, and she'll have a ring on her finger."
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Sun Jul 19, 2009 2:24 am

"Hopefully I'll come back in one piece, and she'll have a ring on her finger."

Arturius hugged the man back, there was no love lost between the two of them as he firmly hugged the man he called his brother. His words only made Arturius laugh loudly as he pulled back and patted Morgen on the shoulder a few times before finally stopping his mirth long enough to speak to his brother.

"She'd be crazy to say no to you and I doubt she ever could."

His words punctuated with a mischievous wink and if he knew more about the outcome than Morgen did. After all Arturius had been living with them whilst Avalon was still healing.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:13 pm

"She'd be crazy to say no to you and I doubt she ever could."

Catching Arturius's mischievious wink, Morgen laughed again, praying he was right. He didn't think he'd be able to live the rest of his life without her there, arguing with him, and honestly, after these last few weeks of not sleeping alone, Morgen would miss her in his bed. Not that anything was happening, of course; their injuries prevented that. He just had grown to love falling asleep with her curled against his side.

"I hope you're right, Art. For my sake, I hope you're right."

[[Iski? Do you mind closing this thread now, or do you want it to last a bit longer?]]
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down