Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen]

2 posters

Go down

To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] Empty To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen]

Post by Iskiea Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:55 am

It had been a month since that 'incident' in the bathing chambers of the Caldera with Morgen. It was something that had never left her mind, always there in the back of it always niggling away at her when they were alone. After it, life went on as usual or so she thought. There didn't seem to be any tension between them, although a week later Morgen left with Emrys, they had another job to do. Some farms to help out, hunting to do and supplies to deliver. She knew she wouldn't see him for a while and she couldn't help but worry everytime he was away. Lately she had spent more and more time out in the paddocks with the horses, so much so granny told her she was worrying over him like a wife, and to hurry up and tell him. As usual Avalon was embarassed and tried to think of something to get her out of the situation. Other than for Granny's company, Avalon found it rather lonely without Morgen with her.

He was meant to come back today though, a thought which had relief and a sort of happiness rise in her chest to flutter about. Granny was right, Absence really did make the heart grow fonder, because she found it harder and harder to cope with him leaving for so long. Even him being gone for a couple of days was hard on her. She wasn't to know it was as hard on him too as it was on her.

She was out in the the pastures with Nimue, the mare was doing well for her age and everything she had been through. She was complient enough that a simple loose rope around her neck was all one needed to guide her, and calm enough that almost nothing frightened her. Today however she had a basic halter on her and Avalon was taking her for a bareback ride down the road that lead up to the stone and metal homestead and barn. Every percaution was made to defend against thread and the bard was almost like an inside yard one could keep the horses in on the days thread fell.

The light wind felt good and Nimue still had her graceful flowing gait, something that Thread couldn't even change. Thankfully the pilots were doing a good enough job they didn't have too much trouble with keeping everyone fed. They were also one of the closest homesteads to the Caldera, although it was a steep and dangerous ride up to go the short way. A long winding road for carts and travel had been made for those others to get to the Caldera. Even Caradoc had come out for a trot beside them down the road, for a horse he dearly loved his mother and spent much time with her and was very protective of her.

There was no warning when ropes were thrown around Caradoc and Nimue's necks, even Nimue the normally placid mare was spooked by this sudden confiment, sent Avalon rolling of her back and into the arms of a man who gripped her tight and whispered something in her ears that made her stiffen. Bound, gagged and tossed upon Caradoc's back unconscious, the Stallion instantly settling so as not to hurt his load or his mother followed meekly as a newborn. These bandits had thought things out well, Caradoc was at his weakest around his mother, around his mother and Avalon he would not fight. Avalon however was oblivious to her destination, a sharp blow to her head the the but of a knife knocked her into unconsciousness.

From the homestead Granny watched in horror unable to rush to Avalon's aid without injuring herself, and she couldn't help Avalon if that happened. Instead she watched from the porch of the homestead in horror and worry for her adopted granddaughter. As Avalon, Caradoc and Nimue disappeared from sight, she sat down heavily in her rocking chair and waited for Morgen's arrival home, he was due in tonight after all. Night came and Granny went inside to make dinner, still there was no sign of Morgen and she began to worry. Instead she went into Avalon's room to sit in the warmth it held, it felt empty without her though, the large queen sized bed was still made and a quilt Avalon's mother had made was spread out across the top. She couldn't help it though when she saw the bunched up letter on the side of Avalon's letter table, so she picked it up and read it. How many more of these letters had been sent to her y Marc Winchester, that man had wanted Llewellyn's horses, most specifically Nimue since before they came to Pern. When Caradoc was born their attention turned to him as well, the most prized horses Llewellyn had ever owned. Every attempt to buy had been turned down and now that they belonged to Avalon the threats began. That one letter stayed clutched in Granny's hand as she lay down on Avalon's bed to sleep.

Almost two days had past and Granny had just finished feeding the horses and settling Galahad who was fretting about not seeing Avalon for so long. She was on her way back to the homestead when she saw Morgen riding up the lane on Emrys. Almost dropping the buckets she had she bustled down the lane towards him. She was careful not to overtax her aging self and she was slightly out of breath when she reached him. Worry was clear on her face as she rested her hand against Emrys' shoulder as she caught her breath.

"Morgen it's terrible. Winchester has them, He's got Avalon and he's taken Nimue and Caradoc with her."

She fumbled for the letter she had found and handed it to Morgen, nerves calming slightly now that he was at home. He really was like Avalon's husband, in almost every way but the word itself, not would he admit it. However now was not the time to tease him about it though, Avalon was to be brought back first, brought back home.

"She needs you Morgen."

-----------------------------------------------------

When Avalon woke she was in a high second story room with a single window, there was a bed and a chest of drawers. It was decorated sparsely and was obviously a guest room. Though now it seemed more like a prison than anything else. She was still groggy when she woke, and it took her a moment to gain her barings. Her hands were still bound and her mouth was gagged but at least she could stand. Staring out the window she waited to see Morgen, he said he would be home that night. Instead dinner came, she ate it with reluctence before she returned to her window vigil. The night passed and Morgen never came.

Tired Avalon collapsed on the bed and slept rather fitfully all night and through part of the day. Most of it was spent staring out the windows, watching in shock and horror as they tried to get near Nimue and saddle Caradoc, the stallion was determined not to have either be done. If they ruined her horses she would be devestated and incredibly angry. Still she watched for Morgen, again he never came, it had been almost two whole days and still there was no sign. Feeling abandoned she curled up on the bed and began to refuse even her meals, Morgen always came when she needed him. He was there before, when her father died, he was her rock, her protector. The man she loved.

That sudden realisation that she did and the fierce feeling of it afterwards stunned her into silence and only made her wish all the more the he would come for her. She almost perked up when her door opened slowly and someone slipped in. Roughly being grabbed she went to scream but he mouth was covered. She tried to fight but her bound hands made it difficult. Her clothes were torn and she could feel his hot sticky breath on her neck and his rough hands.

"I will have you, you will be mine."

Avalon shivered with fear underneath the man, which she soon recognised as Marc Winchester himself. He grabbed at her roughly and grasped her chest roughly, hard enough to bruise. It wasn't until she landed a knee that he finally gave up on her, yanking her up, hand bruisingly tight in it's grasp on her arm he dragged her down the stairs into the main room, where he and his two men were having a drink. There was some laughter a grins from the men as she was dragged outside and thrown on the ground in front of the homestead. The two men flanking her preventing her escape, as she was tossed heavily on the ground by Marc.

"You want to play rough huh sweets? I can do that. I can take you like a wild man out here for all to see"

Her clothes were already torn and tears now tracked her dirty smudged cheeks, as she prayed silently for Morgen to come rescue her from this hell. Hope fading each minute that went by without hearing his voice, or seeing him standing there. She couldn't move anywhere not without risking the sharp blade of a knife, she was normally a calm and collected person, she had been taught to fight. But never had she been in a position like this. Never and she was so scared her training all but flew out of her mind, leaving her trembling in fear and tears, praying for a man she didn't even know would come despite how much she loved him.

[OOC: Laughs.... I just realised that the kidnapper and Morgen have the names of two big rifle companies.. Winchester and Remington.. of which there is much debate over which is better... Well there you go.. Morgen gets to be the big damn hero now ^.^]
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] Empty Re: To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen]

Post by Rye Tue Jun 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Riding down the road at a brisk trot on Emrys, Morgen was eager to be home. He missed the comfort of the house, true, but it was Avalon he missed most. She'd probably be worried sick, seeing as how he was two days late, but he was actually looking foward to her scolding; it always made for an interesting scene. Smiling slightly in anticipation, he was finally in view of the house when he saw a figure hurrying towards him. For a moment his heart leaped; maybe Avalon was eager to see him as well? His hopes were somewhat dashed, though, as he realized it was.... Granny? What in God's name was Granny doing rushing out to the road?

Morgen urged Emrys into a gallop to lessen the distance between them, and he pulled her up quickly once they got close. Granny, exhausted, had to rest against Emrys's shoulder while she caught her breath, and as Morgen waited for her to speak the suspense was killing him. Finally she looked up at him, and what she said stopped Morgen's heart cold.

"Morgen, it's terrible. Winchester has them, He's got Avalon and he's taken Nimue and Caradoc with her."

All the hunter heard was "...he's got Avalon...", and his face immediately hardened. The bastard. He immediately wanted to wheel Emrys around and go after them, but he couldn't; Granny was still leaning against Emrys's side, and even if he had commanded it the black mare wouldn't have dared to do something that might hurt the dear old lady.

Granny then surprised him by handing him a letter, and after a quick scan it was obvious it was one of those damn threats Winchester had started sending her.

"She needs you Morgen."

Those words tore at his heart, and he nodded, telling the old woman he affectionately called Granny as he backed Emrys up,

"I'll come back, and I'll have Ava with me. Don't fret; she'll be home soon."

What he'd said was as much for his own state of mind as it was for Granny. Nodding farewell, he wheeled his black mare around and galloped back down the way he'd came, his mind racing. He only knew of one place to look, and he was fervently hoping the bastard was stupid enough to take her there, to Winchester's home.

As he observed the house from the shadows of the forest, Morgen was, for the first time, unsure of how he'd pull this off. There were three of them, against only him, and any mistake he made might be deadly to Ava. From his vantage point he could see his blonde-haired love straing out the window, and it suddenly dawned on him that she might be looking for him. Her face was so desperate, so forlorn, that he wanted nothing more than to climb the face of the house and hold her tight, or to draw her attention to him. He couldn't, though, as that would also turn the men's attentions to him, and that was the last thing he needed.

Morgen was comtemplating setting Caradoc and Nimue free to cause a diversion when movement in the front room drew his attention. It was Marc, and he was carrying.... Ava? Soon the front door burst open and all three men came out, and the bastard Winchester threw Ava roughly on the ground. Her clothes were torn, and tears were streaming down her face; a fact that seemed to only encourage the men. What he heard next only caused his hands, now balled into fists, to tremble slightly in rage.

"You want to play rough, huh sweets? I can do that. I can take you like a wild man out here for all to see."

Morgen shut his eyes tightly, regaining control of his body, before reaching slowly for his bow slung across his back and one of his arrows. It was now or never, and all Morgen could do was to hopefully even the odds. Two against one wasn't so bad....

The arrow cut through the air before landing with a satifying thunk inbetween the eyes of the man facing his direction, and Marc's henchmen fell over heavily, causing both men to look his way. With a sigh he stepped out of the bushes and stood before Marc and his other guy, his face a hard, unforgiving mask.

"Marc, I'm no expert, but I don't think Avalon wants to play anything with you."

Morgen didn't dare look at Ava, for fear that if he did, they'd realize she meant more to him than just a friend. Instead he just stared Marc down, waiting to see what the horse thief was planning to do. Mentally he went over the locations of his knives: the two in his boots, the one in the back of his waist band.....
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen] Empty Re: To me, you are my world and I would give my life, just for you. [Morgen]

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:42 pm

'Thunk'

She watched in horror as one of the men fell over arrow straight between his eyes. There was only one person other than herself she knew could shoot like that and frantically she began to look around for him, Marc motioning for the other man to go around his left. Slowly he took a step closer to Avalon as Morgen stepped from the bushes revealing himself.

"Marc, I'm no expert, but I don't think Avalon wants to play anything with you."

The voice made Avalon spin around where she lay hands still bound tightly together, shirt torn open to reveal most of her body even her pants were torn. Her boots were all but gone and she was dusty from the dirt she was thrown into. There was relief and desperation in her eyes, a plead for help flickered in there, she had never in her life looked so vulnerable so open and scared. It was even reflected in her cry of his name when she saw him.

"Morgen!"

Marc merely laughed at Morgen, pulling a belt knife from his pocket he flipped it around in his hands. Oh what a pitiful sight Ava was, and Morgen well it didn't matter how hard he tried to cover it, he could see how much he cared for her. How pathetic.. how utterly pathetic.. it made him want to laugh, and he did loud and hard before speaking.

"Morgen, Morgen, Morgen.. How utterly pathetic you are.. You've had every chance at her for years now, step aside and let someone else have a bat at her."

He gave a wave of his hand and his remaining man who had been working his way around the side slid his knives out in an instant. Taking a hard swipe at Morgen's face with one and a low swipe with the other knife he hoped to land a hit.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:34 am

"Morgen!"

At the desperate cry of his name, Morgen glanced down at the love of his life. Gods. She was torn, battered, and bruised, and, although he'd never seen her cry, tears were streaming down Avalon's dirty face. Seeing her like this, Morgen's face, already a harsh mask, hardened infintesimally.

"Morgen, Morgen, Morgen.. How utterly pathetic you are.. You've had every chance at her for years now, step aside and let someone else have a bat at her."

Marc's words, along with his leering face, threatened to push Morgen over the threshold. Narrowing his hazel eyes, the hunter replied, his voice chilling.

"Marc, I beg to differ. Here you are, beating a defenseless woman, and you're calling me pathetic?"

"I have no intention of letting you lay another hand on her. Also, for your future reference, I have no plans of stepping aside, unless she decided to leave me."

He'd then turned to Avalon and opened his mouth to say something, but a knife glittering wickedly caught his attention and he dodged just in time to keep from being slashed by the other of Marc's men.

Morgen, well versed in the art of hand-to-hand combat, seized his attacker's arms and forcibly pushed them away, flicking his right wrist to dislodge one of the men's weapons. After the knife went flying to the ground, Morgen then held the man's other arm and reached for his own knife, pulling out the serrated dagger from his waistband.

He didn't really get a chance to use the knife, though, as his burlier attacker used his body weight to knock both men to the ground. Morgen, pinned on the bottom, was doing all he could just to keep the attacker from driving the knife into his skull. Things were not looking up for Morgen, and, using one of the few cards up his sleeve, made a desperate decision.

Thinking quickly, Morgen whistled sharply, and his brown fire-lizard, Rhain, burst out of the sky, screeching his challenge as he tore at the back of Marc's henchman's head. As the big man shifted his weight in dismay, Morgen, his right arm now free, shoved the dagger into the man's side and pushed over, gaining his position on top of the other man. As he rolled over, Morgen whistled again, this time a lower note commanding Rhain to leave. Slowly the brown complied, but not before chattering his dismay at Morgen.

Yes, the attacker still had one of his knives, but Morgen was holding that hand with his left arm and with his right he quickly prepared to slice the burly man's throat.....
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:04 am

"I have no intention of letting you lay another hand on her. Also, for your future reference, I have no plans of stepping aside, unless she decided to leave me."

He loved her, well he hadn't actually said it but she could feel it in his voice and the way he looked at her. She was about to scream a warning to him of the man that crept up on him but he seemed he had seen the man before she could warn him. She watched with baited breath the fight between them, hope rising in her chest when it looked like he was winning. Her eyes darted to Marc, distracted by the fight his eyes weren't on her. Morgen's words gave he strength, she would fight too, she didn't want to be the reason they didn't make it out alive to be.. to be together. She slunk her way across the dirt towards the dead man and tried not to cringe at how crudely the arrow was lodged in his skull. Pulling the knife from the dead man's belt she began sawing away at the bonds around her wrist, biting down a hiss as she sliced her wrist, it wasn't deep but just enough to draw blood... There.. almost done she was so close.

"Morgen!"

The frantic cry ripped from her lips before she could stop it as she was grabbed by a now aware Marc, her bonds snapped with the force he pulled her arms behind her back and pulled her against him. His tongue slid up her bare neck and he used his free hand to slide it up and down her leg and then into her shirt making her cry out and scream more as his grasp tightened on her.

The dagger in his side produced blinding pain for the man Morgen was holding down but in the split second Avalon screamed he thrust his arm high up as he could with as much force aiming for the heart.. though with Morgen's hold it was bound to miss what he was aiming for.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:59 am

"Morgen!"

The terrified cry made Morgen hesitate just the tiniest of seconds, just long enough for his attacker to plunge his only knife left into Morgen's shoulder. He'd been aiming for the heart, but Morgen had the strength to divert the blade from it's target at the last second. It still hurt like bloody hell, though, and Morgen silenced the enraged bellow that threatened to burst from him.

Furiously he wrenched the man's knife out of his own chest while slicing his attacker's throat with a practiced, skillful move that would've made the most cunning asassin jealous. After the deed'd been done, Morgen hunched over, allowing himself a ragged, strained breath before he stood to face Marc and Avalon. It doesn't hurt, he lied to himself as his vision unfocused slightly, then refocuesd just in time for Morgen to see Marc roughly handling Ava.

At the sight, Morgen immediately forgot his own pain as he feinted for Marc, hoping to draw the man into letting Ava go and fighting with him alone. His vision blurred again after a moment of the tense standstill, and Morgen realized with a chilling certainty that, if he didn't hurry, he'd faint from the loss of blood. Chancing a look down, he could see his tunic was already crimson around his shoulder, and there was a nasty streak down his front.

Gods...
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 pm

Avalon couldn't say a word her face paling at the blood that rapidly stained Morgen's shirt she struggled further and more fervently against Marc's grasp, she could feel it loosening till she lurched free only to be yanked back by her right arm. Marc's hand leaving bruising marks on her wrists with his crushing grip. There was a crunching almost crack noise as she twisted her wrist from his grasp, no pain came, her heart was racing too much, her worry solely focused on Morgen, he couldn't leave her. He just couldn't, he promised he would stay. She stumbled towards him and into his arms, hand tearing at her loose clothing to press a pad of it against his wound.

"Morgen please he isn't worth it, please,"

She begged with him, her voice more filled with worry for him than for her own well being as she pressed against the wound to try and staunch the flow of blood that was now beginning to turn what was left of her shirt a vibrant bloody red. Marc flipped his knife in his hand as he slowly strode towards them a smug smile on his face.

"Yes Morgen, listen to her. I'm not worth it. Looks like you loose this time buddy."

The back hand that hit Avalon was surprising and sent her skidding into the dirt away from them both. She could taste blood when the dust finally began to settle, blood from her lip, her cheek hurt too stung like nothing before. She had never been struck quite like that before and it hurt. Ther was also something hard against her arm and she looked up to find Morgen's bow in front of her, arrows scattered around it.

"So Morgen how shall you die? Slow and painful so you can watch the horror on pretty little Ava's face as I take her, or would you rather it be over quick so you don't heard her screams."

He reached out and dug his fingers into Morgen's wounds, grinning with wicked intent inflict great pain on the man. His other hand was at the ready to parry anything he threw at him. He wasn't prepared for the next set of words that caught him off guard, making him look towards Ava in an opening.

"Let him go Marc, I will shoot you."

She had the bow drawn and arrow knocked, despite the pain that now radiated up her bow drawn wrist. Her arm shook with the exertion to hold on despite the pain, tears still coursed down her cheeks, these ones of pain and how desperate she was to defend the man she loved against this tyrant.

"please... just let him go"

She pleaded softly, she couldn't hold on forever and the desperation in her voice was clear. She would give anything just to make sure Morgen wasn't hurt again.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:41 am

As Ava managed to escape Marc's violent grasp and stumbled towards him, Morgen automatically opened his arms to catch her. As her body melded against his it seemed like the world had stopped and it was just the two of them; he'd been longing to have her in his arms since he saw her looking out the bedroom window, and now she was.

The peace was not to last, though, as her wordless pleas and the tearing of her dress interupted the blessed silence in his mind. Was he going mad? Morgen thought not, but, thanks to his years of experience, he knew that with every passing second his condition was worseing.

"Morgen please he isn't worth it, please..."

Avalon's voice, like a drink of cool, sweet water, broke him from his despairing thoughts and made him focus on her. Morgen was only able to take in her worried, frightened face as she pressed against his shoulder before Marc interrupted his some-what delirious musings...

"Yes Morgen, listen to her. I'm not worth it. Looks like you loose this time buddy."

His thoughts clearing instantly, Morgen went to gently push Ava aside, but was beat to it when Marc backhanded her. Morgen, suddenly furious again, saw only red as he moved his eyes from Avalon back to Marc, and he took a step towards the twisted man, reaching for his knife as he did so.

"So, Morgen, how shall you die? Slow and painful so you can watch the horror on pretty little Ava's face as I take her, or would you rather it be over quick so you don't heard her screams."

Morgen, upon hearing Marc's words, stopped dead in his tracks and tensed, preparing to lunge for the other man.

The horse thief was quick on his feet, though, and before Morgen could attack he had stepped into Morgen's path and dug his fingers wickedly into the hunter's shoulder. Morgen exhaled in a huff, grinding his teeth against the pain as Marc pushed farther down into the knife wound. His arms tensed, Morgen reached up and grabbed Marc's arm, but his strength was waning and he couldn't push the other man's arm away. Narrowing his eyes, Morgen used what power he had left to keep Marc's hand from pushing any harder into the wound.

"Let him go Marc, I will shoot you."

The sudden, determined words of Avalon reeled through his mind, and with a confused look he turned to see her pointing his bow at Marc. Out of the corner of his eyes, though, he noticed that Marc, too, was distracted, and using one of his only opportunities left Morgen made a grab for the horse-thief's throat with his free hand, throttling him with a sudden burst of strength brought on by the tears on Avalon's face.

"Please... just let him go..."

It was now a battle of wills between Morgen and Marc; the hunter had Marc by the neck and was slowly but surely choking him, while Marc was pressing as hard as he could into Morgen's burning wound.

If only I can hold on a little longer... she'll be safe.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:31 am

Marc hissed against the sudden choking pressure on his neck, that bitch had distracted him, he knew she couldn't shoot him, but she had distracted him enough for that bastard to get his hand around his throat. The pressure was choking and he reacted by pressing his hand further down into the wound, digging his fingers into it as he struggled against the choking grasp on his neck. He could see the utter fear in Avalon's eyes, she couldn't shoot him and he knew he could last longer than Morgen could, the man was fading fast, all he needed to do was dig deeper. His other hand grabbed at Morgen's hand pulling it enough for a breath and taunting words at Avalon.

"ha..ah..You...ca..can't.. shoot me...I know..ah..and y...you ..k.know..too"

His words were laboured and ragged as he faught against Morgen, where in hell had that man gained so much strength, he was supposed to be unconscious by now, almost dead. Then his eyes fell on Avalon again and what he saw there brought fear into his eyes. Fear even Morgen could see.

"I.. I can.. You're hurting him..so I can"

She took a step closer so she didn't miss, her hands were shaking so much she aimed for his heart. She knew she could hit Morgen which is why she moved closer, he hand shook though, she knew she couldn't hold much longer, her wrist was burning in pain that if it were for Morgen being in danger she wouldn't have been able to even pull the bow string back. Then she did something no archer would do, she closed her eyes and prayed, letting fly the arrow she had so precariously knocked in Morgen's bow.

'Thunk'

The arrow found purchase in Marc's chest, the man stunned staggered back breaking contact with Morgen's shoulder, and breaking the hold on his neck as he stumbled in shock at the arrow that had pierced him so precisely. Staggering he fell to his knees and the to his back staring up at the sky till his head fell to the side and his eyes faded into the slumber of death watching Avalon rush to Morgen's side.

The bow fell from Avalon's hand and she raced towards Morgen hand once again pulling the rest of her shirt from her body to press against the bleeding wound. She tried to whistle for the horses but she couldn't, nothing but a 'pffbt' came frome her lips. Even her normally calm and collected voice shook, tears still slid down her face. He love for him was evident though she had never spoken those three little words to him. Those three important words that she couldn't even say now to him.

"Morgen please stay will me, don't leave me okay."
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 03, 2009 8:57 am

The last few seconds had seemed like forever, and Morgen hadn't really even seen half of it. His vision was maddeningly blurry, and all he knew was his hold on Marc's neck. Even as Marc's hand in his chest went limp, Morgen didn't really register it. All he noticed was how, had he not let Marc's neck go, he would've fallen foward with him. As it was, Morgen just staggered.

"Morgen please stay with me, don't leave me okay?"

Avalon. Oh, his sweet, sweet Ava. Before he'd managed to stumble forward she was there, valiantly trying to staunch the flow of blood from his grievious wound. His sight refocused for a moment, just long enough for him to see her tear-streaked face and Marc's dead body. He sighed heavily at the sight, knowing Ava'd never be threatened by the horse thief again.

Morgen, his subconscious finally giving in, sagged against Ava, pulling her to the ground as he fell. He managed to cushion her own fall with his body, and with a slight smile for his love he leaned his head back against the hard ground.

"Ava... love, you're... you're safe now."

With an arm that seemed as heavy as iron he reached up and cradled her stricken face, and his eyelids.... his eyes seemed so heavy...

"Ava.... Avalon, I won't leave... I... I love... you."

Now that death seemed so imminent, Morgen figured he could finally tell her how he felt. After all, he didn't think he'd live to see her again...

It was better that she knew, rather than wonder for the rest of her life.

His eyes finally closed, Morgen slipped into unconsciousness.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 03, 2009 9:35 am

Avalon found herself falling forwards with him before she could stop herself. She was cushioned by his body but quickly pushed herself up, trying to keep steady pressure on his shoulder. Fresh tears threatened to spill when he spoke, his voice sounded so tired, but just as relieved.

"Ava... love, you're... you're safe now."

She leaned into his touch as his hand; shaking reached up to cradled her face. However those tears still did not fall, there was much worry reflected in her eyes and she risked a hand to reach out and clasp the hand on his cheek, her other still keeping strong pressure on his shoulder.

"Ava.... Avalon, I won't leave... I... I love... you."

Those words she had so longed to hear but had no known herself till she was taken from him, they brought the tears from her eyes and they slid down her cheeks, whilst her own pain was great, she fought to ignore it for Morgen. She went to open her mouth to say something, to see he was unconscious.

"I love you too Morgen"

She leant down and whispered in to his ear softly, leaning her to rest her head on his chest with a smile at the far off distant voices she heard calling their names. Soon she too was in that blissful state of unconsciousness with Morgen where nothing could touch them or cause them pain. She didn't even feel the hands on her as both she and Morgen were moved.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:34 pm

--Thread Closed--
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down