Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u

+11
Namara
Jeweltiger
Rye
Kateri
Asdra
Lupa
Jen
Hesper
Houka Ryuu
Otania
Iskiea
15 posters

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u

Post by Iskiea Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:20 pm

"Easy does it Roman, make him slow down and chew so he doesn't choke on it"

Kita's voice was strained, she was so glad he had found a partner but the fact that she hadn't been looked at even once made her heart hurt. She didn't want to reach out and touch Roman so she just warned him from where she stood, voice both strained and concerned.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Empty Re: Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u

Post by Houka Ryuu Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:30 pm

Soldier a.k.a. Augustus
After the blue had chosen his partner, it seemed to signal the other eggs to start hatching and there was a flurry of activity. He saw the brown kick over an egg before walk over to a man who had been laughing at the brown's scare tactics. He smirked for he didn't think the brown was scaring anyone... well, except for that blue who had ran away from the brown.

And then the egg who had been kicked by the brown, shattered eggshells and there stood a bronze with his chest puffed out like some king surveying his subjects. Soldier saw the bronze was starting to herd other males and he quickly moved out of the away from the bronze and those he had been herding with him. He shook his head at the males that had been too slow to get away from the bronze.

However, his attention was caught by another movement and there he saw another proud bronze who walked with determination towards his chosen. Soldier was looking to his left and right wondering who the lucky guy was. But then the bronze had given a bow towards Sashike and he wondered what that was about. His question was answered when the bronze stopped by his side and looked up at him. Then, from out of nowhere, in his head there was a voice. It was deep, a very masculine voice, a voice fit for a king, as it said, Augustus, Why do you hide your chosen name. It is a strong name a good name. I am Tiberiuth and you will be mine.

Soldier looked down at the bronze and was shocked. He could have sworn no one knew of his real name. He suddenly looked around him hoping no one had heard the dragon utter his real name. Aloud, he said, "I just do, now don't tell anyone." in a stern voice back at Tiberiuth. It sounded as Romanish as his name was. He just mentally shook his head at Fate for here he was named Augustus, with a dragon name Tiberiuth, and a firelizard named Caesar. Looking back to where Sashike stood, Soldier gave the tiny woman a smile as he shouted triumphantly for all to hear, "Tiberiuth! His name is Tiberiuth!"

Then, his attention back on his bronze, he picked up the bucket of meat and said to his dragon, "Here, I know you must be hungry." as he offered a piece of meat to Tiberiuth.

Tiberiuth feeling that indeed, he was hungry, took the meat into his jaw as he said, Thank you, Augustus. I am indeed hungry. while he chewed on his piece of meat.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:35 pm

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

Looking up at Kita from where he was crouched in front of Cadmuth, Roman listened to her strained command.

"Easy does it Roman. Make him slow down and chew so he doesn't choke on it."

At her words he immediately relayed the message to Cadmuth, angry with himself for forgeting all she'd told him.

"Cadmuth, you must slow down. You wouldn't want to choke, would you?"

The brown looked up from his meal to his rider and eyed Roman curiously.

I will slow down, if you scratch my side. I itch, mine.

Quickly Roman slid his hand down Cadmuth's hide, finding the spot easily. It was so odd; it was almost like, when Cadmuth itched, Roman instinctively knew where it was. Pondering this, he continued to rub Cadmuth's skin, relieved when the dragon had considerably slowed his feasting.

Looking up at Kit, Roman told her gratefully,

"Thank You."

Suddenly, a thought crossed his mind and before he even asked Cadmuth gave his inaudible assent. Grinning at the link between them, Roman asked Kita,

"Would you like to touch him? He doesn't mind."

Last edited by Rye on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:10 am; edited 2 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:39 pm

"Would you like to touch him? He doesn't mind."

Kita froze where she stood and shook her head, she herself had no pail of meat. But when he offered to let her touch Cadmuth she shook her head. No she couldn't he was Roman's not hers to touch as much as she personally wanted to.

"No it's okay, I'm alright Roman. He's very handsome though"
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:51 pm

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

"No it's okay, I'm alright Roman. He's very handsome though."

Roman just nodded at her reply. All he could do was offer; it wasn't like he could make her accept. Answering her, Roman proudly said,

"Isn't he?"

After he'd grinned affectionately at Kita, Roman looked over to Lesla, offering her a reassuring smile as well. Oh, how he hoped she'd Impress.... Roman knew she'd be heartbroken if she wasn't chosen.

Don't worry about her, mine. All will be well. If not, you have me and I have you. Besides, you are spoiling my meal with your worry.

Immediately turning back to Cadmuth, Roman found himself once again staring into the brown's whirling blue eyes. Smiling gently, Roman replied outloud,

"Of course, Cadmuth. I'll stop."

The brown, after watching Roman with interest, returned to his eating. The bucket was almost half-empty, and Roman could feel Cadmuth's stomach beginning to bulge.

Last edited by Rye on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:52 pm

A tail unfurled and it seemed like the egg just gave way as the contents slid out onto the sands. Shaking the sands from her wings, she shook herself off standing still enough for everyone to finally see her colour. She was a rather plain may green, no deviations in her hide like there had been in the others before her. She was even average in her appearence, whilst smallest of everyone it was clear she was female. Well now that she was up she might as well find hers, there never seemed to be any doubt in her about finding them either.

Her whirling eyes surveyed the sands watching softly the young women, but no they were not for her, in fact her eyes were caught by a man across the sands, first aid kit in his arms he all but dropped it when he realised she was looking at him. He took a step forwards and she responded moving in a clumsy manner that improved as she moved. Soon they had met in the middle of the sands and the man found himself kneeling before the precious green.

'Hello Jase, I've been waiting for you.'

"Me?"

'Yes. You can call me Rikath Jase, and I am yours. You don't have to be afraid of being alone now'

By now tears were running down his cheeks, and he gently laid the first aid kit on the sands so he could pull her into his arms, she was so small and precious he thought as he craddled her close to himself. Lifting her little head she affectionatly licked his cheek clean of the satly tasting tears. She could wait for food as she knew her Jase needed her.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Rikath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Rikatha

Name: Rikath
Colour: Green
Personality: Optimistic : Diplomatic. Honest.
Motto:
'Never loose sight of your values.'
Rider: Jase
Colour Code: #A2c257

===

Powerful rear legs kicked out the side of the egg, after a long battle with the confinement of the egg they broke free. All long and lean the hatchling exuded strength though it soon became clear she was all female. Her hide a striking corn gold, though as she turned her face and tail seemed to be a bleach bone white gold colour. She stayed where she was for several moments shaking sand and egg goop from her body she was content to preen herself but curiousity and the eye of a certain woman made her lift herself from the sands and gracefully step towards the one that had interested her. In this moment there was no other, striding towards the man who's arm lay wrapped around the one she wanted she stopped and spoke to him first.

'Thank you for taking care of her. I very much appreciate it'

The made Mikhael blink, it was the weirdest thing he had ever felt in his mind, but there was nothing but love and warmth in that voice, still keeping a loose arm around Adrienne in case she was still leaning on him he moved to allow the gold in front of him to move closer. The gold nodded her head softly and pressing her nose into Adrienne stomach crooned softly to her.

'Adrienne, my love. You have a good man, let us hope he finds his partner, like I, Galateath have found you'

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Galateath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Galateatha

Name: Galateath
Colour: Gold
Personality: Curious : Intellectual. Covetous.
Motto:
'Always volunteer to help in your community'
Rider: Adrienne
Colour Code: #FBEC5D

Last edited by Iskiea on Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Tue Jul 07, 2009 11:56 pm

Sashike beamed proudly at Soldier. "He's very handsome, Soldier and such a strong name." She was very happy for him and secretly she hoped that she would be so lucky to impress. Then another egg hatched and a green came from it, so her attention was turned back to the clutch. Then to the surprise of all, a gold hatched. She was the most beautiful thing she'd ever seen and deep down she hoped she would be so lucky.

Tabby couldn't believe the little brown would kick the egg over like that and she couldn't help but gasp a bit. The little bronze that came from the egg seemed to be perfectly fine though and a few of the males got caught in his antics. Then another bronze hatched, a much darker bronze, with a lot of pride. This one knew exactly who he wanted and she cheered when Soldier impressed to him. Next was a green who found the one she wanted quickly. Then a beautiful gold hatched from her egg. She was everything a queen should be.

Malcolm was too much in awe to cheer aloud, though he wanted to. The bronzes were so handsome and the first one was such a character. He had managed to get out of the way of being caught by him and once the two of them had impressed his attention turned back to the rest of the eggs. Just then a green hatched and impressed, surprisingly to a guy. Next to hatch was the queen of the dragons, a gold. She was the most gorgeous thing he'd ever seen.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:33 am

Geneva

Her fears proved unfounded, for not long after Geneva's question left her lips, two females broke shell and all too quickly found their partners. Finally the tension eased from the woman's lanky frame, and she allowed herself the luxury of a grin that carved deep lines in her cheeks.

Maybe everything would be alright after all!

Kateri

Kat sank quickly into fascination as she observed the hatchlings finding their partners. This was nothing like she'd expected. Dragons might look like large firelizards, but they seemed so much more deliberate in their choices, instead of staggering to the nearest available hand holding meat.

When the others began to call out names, it was all the girl could to do to keep from dancing in her place just from sheer exuberance. Names! They were speaking to their chosen ones! The intelligence that proved was a delight to Kateri... until it sank in that she stood amongst the candidates, and might soon hear a voice as well.

That sobered the young woman and she settled a little, catching her lower lip between her teeth to chew on it. Tearing her eyes away from the loveliness of the female dragons, she watched the remaining eggs with wide dark eyes.

She also began to shuffle her feet, the heat of the sands seeping through the thick soles of her boots. It won't be long before all of this meat begins to spoil, it's so hot out here, Kat thought.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:53 am

Otania had come back to the sands and into the stands after the baby she was supposed to babysit. Then she had sat in the stands and watch then little blue still walking around the eggs. Then she heard a voice in her head.

'Otania.. He..he..he's chasing me....He's scaring your Verreth.'

She then looked more closly at the blue, he had been chased but now he was staring at her. Then something clicked in her head. Impression and motherly instincts. With the baby in her arms she ran down to the and thrust the baby into the nearest persons arms, who happened to be Beth's, and jumped over the railing.

"It is okay Verreth. I am here for you. He won't scare you anymore." Otania soothed her Blue.

He is ....scary, your Verreth....is scared.

"Sush it is okay Verreth. I am here for you." Otania crooned. "Now lets go and get you something to eat, your are probably very hungry."

I am, but the others scare me.

"I won't let them hurt you. Nobody well ever hurt you. Not now that you have me." Otania then took the little blue in her arms and took him over to were the others were feeding their little ones.

Ayana

Ayana looked towards the entrance as Malcolm took his place.

"Morning." she said to him. Her eyes were still heavy from her rude awakening. Then she saw several of the eggs hatch. The first Blue Impressed to Otania. Then a brown and two bronzes found their bonded. She was getting worried that there was going to be no females but the a Green and a Gold hatched, making her worries vanish.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:05 am

Adrienne & Gold Galateath

As the bronzes hatched, Adrienne followed the hatchlings with her keen eyes. The first was amusing; he apparently couldn't decide which male he wanted. Thankfully she and Mikhael were not in the main group, and thus they avoided his antics.

The second bronze was arrogant, and Adrienne raised her eyebrows as he practically strutted towards Soldier. It was sweet, the way everyone's face lit up when their dragon hatchling came to them. After observing the bronzes claim their bonds, she turned back to the eggs to see a tiny, dainty green emerge and run straight for Jase, the kind doctor. It wasn't interesting enough to hold Adrienne's gaze, though, and she turned just in time to watch another egg split, revealing a gorgeous, strong gold.

Adrienne watched the newest hatchling with an admiring and appraising eye. The first gold... she mused; it seemed to her to be a good sign that the female was large and strong.

Her thoughts were interrupted as the gold made her way their direction. What? She couldn't be coming to them...

Adrienne watched, confused, as the beautiful hatchling stopped in front of Mikhael. Surely she wasn't claiming a male? After a second Adrienne was stunned to find the gold turning to her. As the hatchling pressed her head gently into Adrienne's stomach. automatically the mechanic reached down and scratched the hatchling's eye-ridge.

Adrienne, my love. You have a good man, let us hope he finds his partner, like I, Galateath have found you.

The voice, which seemed to have inserted itself deep in Adrienne's consciousness, was calm and soothing, and in response Adrienne shrugged off Mikhael's arm gently before squatting down before the gold. Shocked into momentary silence, Adrienne took a second before asking the gold,

"Who, Mikhael? He's not mine... Wait. Are you sure? I mean, I'm not exactly the nicest-"

It is plain to all that he is yours. Do not try and deny it, Adrienne.

And, my heart, of course... You are the only one who would suffice for your Galateath.

Adrienne's rapt expression soon blossomed into a full, joyful smile, and with a loud, excited voice she exclaimed,

"Her name is Galateath!"

Quickly looking back to Mikhael, she grinned, a smile that lit her face like a little girl.

"Can you believe it, Mik?"

The gold, suddenly hungry, pressed against Adrienne again, and crooned plaintively, taking Adrienne's eyes away from Mikhael.

Love, my stomach aches....

With another soft smile Adrienne turned to her dragon and picked up the bucket of meat. Instead of letting the gold feed herself Adrienne scooped out slabs of meat and gave them to Galateath slowly, recalling how one of the vets had warned the brown's chosen one to make them eat slowly. Happily the dragon accepted the offering, and her eyes whirled a content blue as she sat with Hers.

Morgen

As Morgen sat with Avalon and her family, he was enraptured by the hatchlings. Two bronzes, a brown, a blue, then a green... and a Gold! All seemed to be happy with the ones they picked, and the candidates... well, to say they were excited would be an understatement.

With his eyes bright, Morgen looked over to Avalon to see her reaction. He'd known she wasn't happy with his smile for Kira, but eventually she'd learn he only had eyes for her. With a happy grin Morgen watched Avalon's reactions to the hatchlings.

Last edited by Rye on Wed Jul 08, 2009 5:43 am; edited 2 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:31 am

As Galateath hatched, from behind her came another shining golden form, though there was a distinct bronze tint, the hatchling did look more gold than bronze leading many to think it was a female. However the masculine power that exuded from him as he stalked proud and tall across the sands tail whipping about behind him it became clear that he was no gold, though he seemed more golden than Galateath, but in fact was a bronze, and by looks the largest of his bronze brothers. His head swung to survey those around him and when his eyes fell upon the man he wanted they seemed to soften and slow in their swirling.

Striding down the mound that once held his egg he nuzzled Galateath as he came to stand beside her and reaching out to touch the out streched hand to him he spoke.

'You have chosen a strong mate my Mikhael and I, Zharath will stand by your side'

Mikhael was stunned, though the voice never felt more right in his mind than at that moment then. He was so enraptured by Zharath he had missed Adrienne speaking to him. Instead he knelt down beside Adrienne and there was a warmth in his chest from them and he reached out scratching Zharath's head he turned to Adrienne with a tender smile.

"Shall we get them something to eat, love?"

She was gone already and Mikhael stood picking up a bucket he strode over to Adrienne and with a tenderness in his eyes and voice she had never seen or heard he spoke.

"His name is Zharath, Adrienne."

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Zharath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Zharatha

Name: Zharath
Colour: Bronze
Personality: Courage : Fearless. Inspires loyalty in others.
Motto:
'Watch your attitude.'
Rider: Mikhael
Colour Code: #EEC900

======

At the opposite end of the scale there was the newly hatched brown, bleached tan in colour he was not to be confused for anything but a brown though. Eagerly he crooned greeting to everyone before he headed straight for the doctor near the side lines. With loving eyes, he knew exactly who he wanted as he spoke.

'Ranth I am called. It's a pleasure to meet you John, is there anyone needing out assistance?'

There was silence from the man for a while, but soon a grin spread across his face and he had a bucket and was feeing his new found partner.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Ranth Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Rantha

Name: Ranth
Colour: Brown
Personality: Friendly : Forgiving. Hot-tempered.
Motto:
'Push yourself to the limit.'
Rider: John
Colour Code: #EED5B7

=======================

Avalon was in awe and at the same time struggling to keep Roman in her arms. At Morgen's grin she grinned back and him and leaned over to kiss him and squeeze his hand in response.

=======================

Beth had little time to think as she moved a now very awake Cally off her lap and managed to gather the small boy Otania had given her into her arms, soothing away any fright the sudden exchange may have caused the small boy.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:48 am

Trent was happily feeding his beautiful bronze, Demath. A part of him still couldn't believe that he had impressed to a bronze. A huge smile stayed on his face the entire time. Of course this would mean things would be totally different from now on, but he didn't expect anything else. Demath right now was happy eating the food that Trent was giving him.

Two more dragons hatched, a bronze and a brown. Sashike had a tear run down her face as everything was starting to unfold. Malcolm was pretty much speechless himself and was getting ever more anxious to see if he would impress. Tabby cheered with every impression that was made, whether she knew the people or not. This was a very joyous occasion, perhaps just as joyous as when they first landed on Pern.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jen Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:55 am

Miguel

Miguel had been soundly asleep in his own bed. One benefit of being an artist rather than a doctor or vet, no one called him out at insomnia a.m.
He supposed it was, theoretically, possible for someone to have an emergency that required paint, but he didn't really expect it to happen. However, sometime well before he expected to wake, there was an extremely happy and loud fire-lizard trying to drag the covers off of him.
"Flair, what in...?" Threadfall was his first thought, but the view outside showed no signs of trouble. Then, the images his brown firelizard was projecting, were followed by thoughts. Eggs! Hatching time, we need to go!
Miguel grinned. "Ay, is that it? Alright." He dressed quickly, following Flair to the Caldera at a brisk run. Once there, they reached the Hatching Sands without too much trouble. His home wasn't far from the volcano, luckily. He wouldn't have wanted to miss this!
Once inside, he joined the group of onlookers. A few eggs had cracked their shells already. He watched, amazed, as the hatchlings seemed to instinctively home in on their chosen partners. Oh, this was a wonderful occasion. He gave Flair a brief, grateful caress before turning his dark eyes back to the scene unfolding.

Fiona
She watched, smiling at the dragonets' antics. Now that that first blue had found its mate, the rest all seemed to want to be out, immediately. It was as if that first Impression was a signal to the rest that their wait was over.
Maybe it was, who knew?
Clearly, the new dragons weren't content to just Impress to whoever would feed them. They looked around, searching for individuals, before moving over to the "right" human. The increase in intelligence, or empathy, as well as in size, had taken hold consistently, then.
She shifted, feeling the sands' heat, but not really paying attention to it. Bronzes, and then a brown, chose their mates. The firelizards' humming was still audible, an encouraging chorus, as more shells cracked and fell apart.
Jen
Jen

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:06 am

Ayana was proud of Otania. She was the first person to Impress. She was on of the first dragonriders. She was the first and so far only Bluerider. She rubbed at her face. She then looked at Malcolm who was right beside her.

"Something is not right." She whispered as she started to feel light headed. "Something is wrong with me." She started to sweat but it was cold and she started to feel sick. I am not going to leave the sands no matter what. I well get better. she thought. She then strted to feel weak and slightly leaned on Malcolm for some support.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:19 am

Malcolm's attention was broken from the clutch when he felt someone lean on him. He turned and looked and saw that Ayana was right beside him and she did not look like she felt good at all. That made all of his attention turn from the dragons to her.

"Hey, are you okay Ayana? You don't look so well." He asked her worriedly. He leaned down to be eye level with her. He felt her forehead to see if she was feverish, thankfully she didn't feel that hot to him. "Perhaps you should go lay down somewhere." He suggested to her.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:23 am

Geneva

A whoop came from where Geneva stood; she'd seen the brown go to a second doctor. The woman pumped her fist in the air to know the medical corps was representing so well in this historic event. Her shout of congratulations for John was lost in the continuing noise of hatching and Impressions but her grin was unmistakable.

For the first time in two years, the medic was genuinely, visibly happy. But if anyone called her on the tears gathering at the corner of her eyes, she'd slug them.

Geneva turned back and drew a breath, that burst of excitement having left her a little unsteady, between the adrenaline, the heat and the need for constant vigilance. She glanced down to make sure the bucket of meat was still where she'd set it.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:02 am

GONNETH
-------------

Gonneth watched in awe as the dragons slowly hatched, and slowly chose their partners. So that is what they expect to happen to me, he thought after a while. Immediately, questions buzzed in his head. What would it feel like? How would he know, if at all? He saw people's reactions, and he wasn't entirely sure how to feel about the prospect. His knees began to shake, just barely hidden by his baggy pants, despite Twilight's attempts to calm him. He hoped things worked out. Somehow.

ASDRA
----------

Booooooooooooriiiiiiiing, Asdra thought to himself. He was watching the eggs hatch, sure, and he saw how people were reacting. None of that mattered. He was wondering when his dragon would come forth. He saw a bronze hatch, and immediately thought, That color looks cool. I should get a dragon of that color, no doubt. Cobalt agreed wholeheartedly, since he was a great enough person to deserve a bronze, after all. Asdra almost started tapping his foot impatiently, waiting for the moment when he would get his dragon; of course, showing due respect to those who did get a dragon. So far.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:12 am

Adrienne & Gold Galateath

"His name is Zharath, Adrienne."

Mikhael's strong voice broke into her thoughts, into her little world that now consisted of only herself and Galateath. Looking over to him and his self-confident bronze, Adrienne took in his excrutiatingly tender smile and gave him a sweet one of her own.

"He's so handsome, Mikhael. Almost as pretty as my Galateath."

Adrienne's smile turned into a teasing grin with her last remark. Ohh, they would have such fun....

Mine?

Adrienne looked back abruptly to her Gold, waiting for her to speak.

Mine, my side.... I don't mean to be a bother, but...

"Oh. Oh yes, darling. Hold on..."

Reaching over Galateath's back, Adrienne found the spot that'd been a nuisance. Scraping over her Gold's hide with her nails, Adrienne felt immediate relief over their mental link.

Lynx, who'd been curled around her neck, sat up on His's shoulder to chatter protectively at Galateath, who just replied by soothing his worries with a soft croon. Looking back to Adrienne, Galateath said,

Silly little thing, but he loves you.

Adrienne just nodded, saying,

"I know, love."

With a contented sigh, Galateath resumed her feasting, taking the offered pieces with as much dignity as one could hope to expect from a hatchling.

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

As Cadmuth continued to eat, Roman watched as people around him Impressed. This was certainly a day to be celebrated; after all- these were the first dragons of Pern!Looking back to his brown, he continued to hold the bucket that was now being steadily emptied of it's contents.

Oof. I'm full.

At those words, Cadmuth sat back and looked up at His, returning Roman's tender look with a slight scowl.

Mine. Mine, you cannot look so nice. We must be scary, remember? I am a dragon, after all.

At Cadmuth's words, Roman couldn't help it; he burst into laughter again, causing his brown to nudge him in the stomach.

Roman! We have a reputation....

Those words only caused the man to laugh harder, and when he finally was able to stop Roman looked at Cadmuth apologetically.

"I'm sorry...

Cadmuth just snorted indignantly, but accepted Roman's apology nonetheless. After all, how could he stay mad at His?

Morgen Remington

As Avalon leaned over and planted a solid kiss on his lips, Morgen grinned like a kid who got caught eating a cake. After giving her a raised eyebrow that spoke volumes, Morgen turned back to the Sands. Already several had chosen their's, but there were still eggs left! It was, to say the least, exhilarating.

Last edited by Rye on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:20 am; edited 3 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:38 am

Nothing had ever hatched so lovely as the pure gold beauty that stepped from her shells. This one however surveyed everyone as if they were lower than her, those to do her bidding as she willed it. As such she looked for the high breeding she required of someone to partner one such as herself. From her mound high above the others it seemed she viewed everyone with such distain before one young woman caught her eye.

Oh now she was definatly of the breeding she wanted, she was proper, had good posture and as the gold stood and on long delicate limbs circled the woman she had chosen. She inspected every inch of her before finally making her decision. Yes indeed she was perfect, of the upbringing and standards she required.

'Finally, someone of breeding in this flithy hole. Come woman you are to feed Delanth, for that is my name and you will call me by such.'

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Delanth Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Delantha

Name: Delanth
Colour: Gold
Personality: Arrogant : Elitist. Hot-tempered.
Motto:
'Try to go somewhere you have never been before.'
Rider: Sashike
Colour Code: #FCD116

======

This new green seemed to be the distain of her sister as she, with such abandon just tumbled from her egg and shook herself free of the sand that smattered her dark hunter green hide. Well now that was fun, although it's was rather stuffy to be inside she wanted to be out. Out where, well... where ever out was and to whatever was out there. Well now there had to be someone here she could pull along with her.. Her whirling eyes fell upon one girl with a bucket of meat looking rather uncomfortable. With lightning speed she was skidding to a sandy halt, nose dumped straight into the bucket of meat began to chow down, stopping only breifly too stare up at the girl she had chosen and speak.

'I bet your surprised to see me aren't you Lesla. We're going to have so much fun together you know.'

Sticking her nose in the bucket again she only stopped long enough to add one one more thing.

'Oh.. I forgot my name.. It's Oleksyth.'

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Oleksyth Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 2 Oleksytha

Name: Oleksyth
Colour: Green
Personality: Courageous: Mischevious. Loves the outdoor life.
Motto:
'Try to become the kind of person who brightens a room just by entering it.'
Rider: Lesla
Colour Code: #385E0F
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 08, 2009 3:45 am

"No Malcolm, I don't feel good. Something is wrong with me." she said as she closed her heavy eyes. She liked the feel of his hand on her forehead, it was warm.

"I am not going to miss this chance to impress."

She then saw another Gold and Green hatch.

"I want to Impress but what if I am not good enough?" She asked in a whisper. "What if..." she trailed on, not wanting to make him worry like she was.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:02 am

Kateri

Kateri's breath caught as she watched the latest hatchlings tumble from their shells. She gazed wide-eyed at both females, drinking in every detail of the way they approached their chosen, the shift of colors in their eyes, the changing expressions of the women who now had dragons. So fascinated was she that the girl forgot to lift her feet.

It wasn't until her insteps began to sting that she was brought back to the present, and commenced a very quick and undignified shuffling to cool them off again.

Were she the sort who was easily embarrassed, Kateri would probably blush. Fortunately, she wasn't. Instead she returned to her study of the events, taking care now to keep her feet moving constantly while avoiding the bucket beside her.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:04 am

"Listen, darlin' I know impressing is important, but there will be more clutches. I don't want you getting too sick." He said to her. "Hey now, you're good enough. Better than me probably. Now don't worry so much. If you think you can stay, I'll believe you, but if you start feeling any worse I'm getting you out of here." Malcolm was willing to miss his own chance if it meant getting Ayana help.

Sashike watched in awe as the most beautiful gold hatched. She had an air about her that said that she was above everyone else in the room. Sashike didn't agree with this attitude, it was rude and uncalled for, but she didn't have a say in the matter. Well, she thought she didn't have a say in the matter. That is until the gold pranced up to her and circled around her.

'Finally, someone of breeding in this flithy hole. Come woman you are to feed Delanth, for that is my name and you will call me by such.'

At first Sashike couldn't believe that the gorgeous gold had impressed to her, a small tear ran down her face cause of it. Then what Delanth had said hit her. 'Now now deary. Just because you are a queen does not mean you can act in such a way. And if I am to call you Delanth, then you are to call me Sashike, not woman. I believe you may need to learn your manners. I bet you're hungry, let's get you food.'

Delanth huffed at her a bit irritated. 'Fine, I won't call you woman, but my manners is fine. There's no reason I shouldn't be proud of who and what I am. Letting everyone know it isn't a bad thing either. Food is what I need, but please keep me with my bronze brothers. I don't wish to be around the others.' She said with finality. Sashike decided to let it go for now and took her off to be fed.

She found where Soldier and his bronze was and excitedly went up to him. "Look Soldier. I impressed a gold. This is Delanth, isn't she gorgeous?" She asked as she started feeding Delanth.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:14 am

Hesper wrote:Trent couldn't help but laugh. 'Alright then.' He said then started leading him to food. He searched for Emera in the crowd really fast and spotted her. "He says his name is Demath, Emera!" He said to her really fast, a huge grin plastered on his face.

Emera was so glad. She wouldn't move to talk to him about it. But she did yell "Yay!" for him, before he would be too busy, or so she hoped he heard. She was glad that he got a dragonet. They were very cute, and looked very nice. She was amazed by them, and was glad that they seemed healthy.

She continued to watch, glad that he did. Now she would have to watch Lesla impressing, as she doesn't know her brother as well. She was glad that she had not left for the day. She only woke up moments before the news spread.

She then saw Lesla impressed, and she was glad for her. It was a nice dark green, wonderful at that, too. Emera was having a nice time.

Jonas was looking at the hatching, and now starting to wonder if one is there for him. He saw wonderful bronzes, and what ever colors they were. He doesn't know, but he thought the green and golden ones were pretty. He saw them off, and was glad that they seemed to be very healthy, and nothing's wrong with them. He just hoped he'll get one.

Last edited by Lupa on Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:19 am; edited 1 time in total
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeweltiger Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:16 am

Auguste watched in awe as the eggs began to hatch. First was a blue, and Auguste eagerly followed his progress across the sand, but then the hatchling chose someone who wasn't even a candidate! He raised an eyebrow, surprised at this development. Maybe the geneticists had missed a few gems in their search for candidates. That was fine with him, as long as someone in the stands didn't Impress a dragon meant for him!

More eggs were soon to follow, and all of the colors were represented. Auguste let out a gasp of admiration when the first Gold hatched. She was lovely! He was a little jealous when she bonded to one of the women. A Green and a Blue had both bonded to opposite genders, though, so he didn't have any reason to suppose it was different for Golds.

He looked over the rest of the eggs, wondering which would hatch next. He was giddy with excitement, and even if he didn't bond today, this was an experience of a lifetime.

The first egg hatched a handsome little blue who turned for the stands, Impressing the babysitter. Silv laughed and applauded for the Impression. He hoped someone else could take care of Henry, because he didn't want to leave the sands now.

Things happened fast, eggs hatching one after the other. All of the dragons bonded quickly. Silv wondered what would happen if a dragon didn't see someone it liked. He guessed it would probably go wild, like a firelizard. For that matter, could a person bond to more than one dragon? There were still so many questions to be answered.

Jeweltiger

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 08, 2009 4:25 am

"I should go. I don't want you to get this and I would rather not be kicked out." She said as she stood up, making sure she did not step or anything. She then walked out into the hallway. It was much cooler than in the sands.

"That is what I get for not getting much sleep and training too much. Won't do that again." She then leaned against the cool rock wall. She was just far enough that she could still hear what was going on in the sands and far enough that she did not feel the heat from the too hot hatching sands.

Spring popped out from between and the burst of cool aire felt nice. Then Sky and Earthquake popped in to check what was going on. The cool air already doing wonders. She then sent them all a mental image of a wet towel behind her neck, a washcloth on her forehead and a cold blanket. Then they all winked out and came back with everything she had asked for.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next