Pern: Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
IC TIme

Current Pass
1st Pass

Year
11 AL (After Landing)

Season
Early Summer

Month
Month 13

Weather
Summer has finally come around again. Temperatures are expected to range from a high of 80°F (26°C) to a low of 65°F (18°C) making this summer warmer than normal. On some days you can expect a light cool breeze and evening are quickly warming up.

Weyrleaders

Caldera Weyr

Weyrwoman

Adrienne of Gold Galateath

Weyrleader

M'kael of Bronze Zharath

Cibola Weyr

TBA

Events

Please remember that you need to start you posts with..

IC Time:
IC Setting:

Current Events

14 of Galateath's 16 eggs hatch healthy and find partners. Congratulations.

This summer is warming up to be a hot one; as temperature are already warmer than normal.

Delanth has lain a clutch of 8 eggs; how many will hatch and will they be healthy.

Congratulations to the newest searched candidates.

Latest topics
» Second Pass Weyr | AU Canon Dragonriders of Pern
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptySun Aug 12, 2012 5:47 pm by Advertiser

» Solace Weyr
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 26, 2011 8:07 am by Advertiser

» ACTIVITY CHECK NUMBER TWO.
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 02, 2011 7:32 am by Delimar71

» Sanyo Weyr
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyMon Jan 03, 2011 12:07 pm by Advertiser

» Whoniverse-rp (Doctor Who) Wanna Be a Pirate?
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 11:44 am by Advertiser

» GESTALT THEORY 2.0
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptySat Sep 18, 2010 8:03 am by Advertiser

» Selenitas Weyr
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyMon Sep 06, 2010 9:05 am by Advertiser

» Expedition Pern
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 8:34 pm by Advertiser

» Endless Horizons
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 05, 2010 1:02 am by Advertiser

» A Clockwork Pern
Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 11, 2010 8:09 am by Advertiser

Copyright
All references to worlds and characters based on Anne McCaffrey's fiction are Copyright © Anne McCaffrey 1967-2009, all rights reserved. The Dragonriders of Pern® is Reg U.S. Pat & Tm. Office, by Anne McCaffrey, and may not be used or reproduced without permission of the author.

All content herein are Copyright © 2009 Pern: Chronicles. Characters are Copyright © to their respective authors.
Chit-Chat
There seems to be something wrong with chatango. We'll use cbox for the moment until chatango is up and running.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u

+11
Namara
Jeweltiger
Rye
Kateri
Asdra
Lupa
Jen
Hesper
Houka Ryuu
Otania
Iskiea
15 posters

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u

Post by IceFire Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:17 am

Lilith

Lilith had had to take care of a foaling when the candidates had been called to the sands. She growled but waited until she knew the foal was okay and breathing. I would have to get a name later she thought. She turn and ran grabbing a clean shirt and cleaning her hands she rushed over to the entrance. She slowed to a walk and smiled when she saw Dusk humming and flying around Roman. She blused and looked down as she walked over to him. Before she could get to him a bronze had imprinted to him and she smiled at him. She was happy for him and hoped that they were going to be happy together.

Dawn

Dawn was statled out of her experiment with a plant by a firelizard. "get out of here you flying lizard I'm busy." she shouted to the creature before finally seeing that it was about the eggs. She hurried over and stood at the entrance to watch.
IceFire
IceFire

Location : http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/SID_-_Aki/photos#s=/group/SID_-_Aki/photos%3Fpage%3D0

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Empty Re: Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u

Post by Houka Ryuu Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:27 am

Lesla
As soon as the blue made his choice, the brown seemed to take exception to Roman's laughter for Lesla saw the brown stalking their way. She was inching away from her brother going to the side, just in case the dragon decided to pounce. But then, the brown stopped in front of Roman and then Roman was bending down towards the dragon. Lesla looked at her brother wondering what he was on about now trying to taunt a dragon like that. But then he stood back up and flashing a smile at her then at Kita, he said that the dragon's name was Cadmuth.

All at once Lesla was so very happy for her brother. She smiled at him happily as she saw Roman offering the bucket of meat to Cadmuth. She didn't even want to think about whether or not she would be chosen by a dragon. Even if only Roman was chosen, she would still have Emera to help with the ranch. But her mind didn't dwell to much on the what ifs, for the egg that Cadmuth had chosen to kick hatched to reveal a bronze.

The bronze looking arrogant immediately started herding the males. She was just thankful that Roman had already been chosen or that bronze would have passed by their way in order to gather Roman to his growing herd of human males. Then, another egg hatched to reveal yet another bronze. This one much darker than the previous one. The second bronze stood proud and strode purposely to one of the males. She didn't know him personally but he looked rather strong and muscular much like how the bronze portrayed himself to be. They seemed made for each other. They seemed to be communicating then after a time, the man triumphantly shouted out the dragon's name, as Tiberiuth.

When the second bronze, had found his chosen, the first bronze decided it was time to find his own. Losing interest with his herded humans, he scrounged for shiny eggshells and dropped them towards a young man. Whatever happened between them, it seemed that the bronze had also made his choice. With so many males already having chosen their future riders, Lesla wondered if there would be females hatched any time soon. And no sooner had the thought passed her head when another egg hatched, and this time, the egg revealed a dainty little green who chose one of the men on the side with a first aid kit in his arms.

Then there was a gold and Lesla said, "Ooo." in appreciation for the beauty that she beheld. She saw the gold walking towards Mikhael who had his arms around Adrienne. She knew of those two but she didn't know them personally. Still, she was happy for the younger woman who seemed to have been chosen by the gold. Turning her attention back to the eggs, two more have hatched revealing another gold... or was that a Bronze and a Brown with a very light tan hide. The golden bronze walked majestically towards where the gold had walked and Lesla saw that the golden bronze was indeed a Bronze for he seems to have chosen Mikhael. And then, the other brown had headed towards the side lines to a man who grinned at the brown dragon and was then feeding his new partner.

With those that have hatching having found their partners, Lesla's head whipped back around towards the sands not wanting to miss any hatching of any dragon. And she was just in time to see two more eggs hatching, one a very beautiful gold who looked totally like she owned everyone in the Sands. Then she circled a tiny woman, Sashike, as far as Lesla knew. Like with Mikhael and Adrienne, Lesla knew of Sashike but she didn't personally know the woman. She smiled at the new pair but turned her attention back at the sands in time to see the other egg had revealed a very nice solid green dragon. The dragon's color remind Lesla very much of Earth's verdant green grass.

But then the dragon was running, running towards her and Lesla's eyes got huge as she was looking left and right ready to dodge if need be. Then, before she could step away, the dragon skidded to a halt spraying sand all over everyone that was near Lesla. The dragon then proceeded to eat out of the bucket of meat that she had. Before she could say anything, the dragon looked up at her and then, a voice was there in her head. A bubbly voice, a voice full of mirth, that said, I bet your surprised to see me aren't you Lesla. We're going to have so much fun together you know.

Lesla was dumbfounded at first, but then, as she kept looking at the green eating from her bucket of meat and as their eyes met, there was this feeling, this overwhelming emotion of unconditional love that suddenly existed for her green. Her green named, Oleksyth. After what seemed like eternity, although it was only a few seconds, Lesla came to her senses as she realized what Oleksyth was doing.

She took the bucket of meat away and said, "Nuh uh, you better slow down love. Look at your brother, Cadmuth. He's not gobbling down his food is he?" as she pointed beside her brother and his Cadmuth.

Oleksyth seeming to notice those around Lesla warbled a greeting at her brown brother, Cadmuth. As for Roman, Oleksyth walked over his side and sniffed at him. Then turning to Cadmuth she said, You chose well, Big Brother.. Then her belly rumbled it's hunger and she said to Roman, You take good care of my brother, you hear. trying to intimidate the man but failing miserably.

Lesla just looked like she wanted to hide from her dragon's antics. "Oleksyth, stop that. Now come on, let's finish your food, but this time, you have to chew okay?" Lesla asked her green.

Oleksyth grumbled unhappily as she said, Oh do I have to? I'm so hungry I could probably swallow what's left in the bucket whole. in a complaint.

Lesla's heart turned at Oleksyth's unhappy voice but she remained firm as she said, "Yes you have to or you don't get any more." trying to threaten the green into behaving herself.

Oleksyth sighed as she returned by Lesla's side and said, Okay, I'll chew my food. as she opened her jaw for Lesla to dump a piece of meat.

The sight of those many sharp teeth should probably have scared Lesla, but somehow, Lesla knew that there was nothing to be afraid of when she was dealing with Oleksyth. As Oleksyth chewed on her piece of meat, she turned to look at her brother and with a happy smile, she said, "Her name is Oleksyth."

Cally
No sooner than Cally pointed at the brown, Cally saw the brown kicking at one of the eggs. She gasped hoping that the eggs was okay. The brown then chose one of the men who had been laughing. Cally's attention didn't stay long with the pair for the egg that had rolled hatched to reveal a bronze. The bronze started herding the males and Cally was just glad that her Dad wasn't one of those. She saw her dad was with Addy, what she called Adrienne ever since she heard her dad call the older woman with the nickname. Her Dad seemed to have developed feelings for Addy and Cally was tolerating the relationship between the two for now. But then, another crack caught her attention away from her dad and her was looking once more at the eggs. Another bronze had hatched and unlike the first one, this second one knew who he wanted and went straight for the very tall bald man. When the second bronze had chosen his, Cally saw the first bronze letting go of his herded humans and picking up some shells stopped in front of a young man. Well, younger than her Dad anyways.

And then two more egg hatchings this time revealing a green and a gold. The green went towards a man and the gold went towards Addy. Cally scowled at the gold's choice but the expression never lasted on her face for there were two more loud cracks and two more eggs hatched to reveal a third bronze and a brown. The bronze went straight towards her Dad and Cally couldn't help but cheer aloud. Looking back at Auntie Beth who now held a baby in her arms, Cally shouted in joy, "Daddy's got a dragon. The bronze chose Daddy. Did you see, Auntie Beth? Did you see?" as she jumped and clapped her hands in glee.

And then, there were two more cracks and the first egg revealed a gold. Cally squealed as she saw another gold hatch. Shouting and pointing for her Auntie Beth to see, she yelled, "Look! Another Gold! There's another Gold!" And then, she was jumping crazily as she clapped as she said in a very loud voice, "Ooo Auntie Beth, look! The second Gold chose Sashike!"

Soldier
Time seemed to have no meaning for Soldier, there was only him and Tiberiuth that mattered, and then, Sashike came over and beside her was a Gold. Soldier smiled at Sashike and looking at the Gold, he nodded his head as he agreed, "Yes, she is indeed gorgeous."

Tiberiuth, still chewing his food, crooned a greeting at Delanth. You have indeed made a very fine choice, Delanth. Tiberiuth stated as he nudged Soldier and opened his jaw for more food.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

http://houka-ryuu.com

Back to top Go down

Post by May Wed Jul 08, 2009 6:53 am

Ryan

By his count, and he didn’t trust it to be all that accurate with him being late, 10 hatchings of all colors had hatched. People were still arriving and eggs were still hatching. The thing everyone wanted to know however was how to draw one to you, but even those that had one didn’t seem to know. By their expressions they had when the creatures came up to them they just been, well, hopeful.

Ever weirder was this thing that the dragons knew their names! Those genetists sure had done some tinkering to get them to do that, yet somehow he was sure it was all just by chance. Just like those Sled Pilots, scientists tended to be up themselves. Thinking they knew everything, just like those arrogant ‘Fly boys’. One of them had a bronze creature with him, some how Ryan felt he wouldn’t hear the end of that.

~~~~~~~~~

Hannah

After the first hatchlings picked their people, Hannah pulled a small notebook out of her pocket. She knew she should probably be paying more attention, but she wanted to keep count on the numbers. So far they had only males…Oh! A green! They had their first female, there was hope for the expanding the population. Shortly after a gold hatched and Hannah sighed in relief. Now there was no need to go back into the labs because the race was doomed to fail.

Some interesting news hit her ears, one of the happy chosen yelling out his dragon’s name. Well that was very important, writing down the name and others that were cried out. There were more to hatch, but they were told to expect failures. Not even natural clutches were without them. Soon the total tally stood at:

Gold - || (2)
Bronze - ||| (3)
Brown - || (2)
Blue - | (1)
Green - || (2)
May
May

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:29 am

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

You chose well, Big Brother..

Cadmuth, upon being spoken to, turned and looked at his green sister.

Of course I did, Oleksyth. You did well, too.

For once the brown's voice seemed proud; it wasn't the sober, condescending tone he'd been using.

As his sister's green looked up and sniffed Roman, the man refrained from laughing and just grinned at her attempt to sound intimidating.

You take good care of my brother, you hear.

Roman nodded, glancing at Lesla to give her a wink before he replied to the green hatchling,

"I will, don't you worry."

Mustering his scariest voice, Cadmuth added,

He'd better, or else.

Roman, as hard as he tried not to, chuckled at his brown's words, making Cadmuth lower his head in and snort in frustration. When Lesla told Roman her green's name, he reached over and gave her an affectionate hug before looking back to his hatchling.

Or else what?

Or else.... I will eat you.

Roman, astounded, asked with raised eyebrows,

Oh really?

His brown, satisfied by the shock he gave Roman, said,

Of course not. I might think about it, though.

The Kincade twin just smiled and scratched Cadmuth's neck in reply, and the brown hummed contentedly. Well, as long as he wasn't laughing, Roman seemed okay.

Last edited by Rye on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:30 am

'I know I did. She is the most perfect person here. Your's isn't bad either I guess.' Delanth replied in between food chunks. Sashike couldn't help but smile herself. "He's quite handsome too." She said.

"I should go. I don't want you to get this and I would rather not be kicked out."

Malcolm was torn. He wanted to stay at the hatching, but Ayana did not look good at all and well...she meant something to him. He knew she had said she didn't want him to catch whatever she had, but he'd caught so many different things working as a nurse that it was hard for him to get sick anymore. He really wanted to impress, but there would be more hatchings and there was only one of her. He really wanted and needed to be there for her. So he left.

Luckily she hadn't gone far and was standing outside a little ways. "You okay, hon? You look so bad, I couldn't just stay in there. Can I get you anything?" He asked her.

Last edited by Hesper on Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Wed Jul 08, 2009 7:46 am

She flinched as the cold towel touched her neck. Being between only made it colder. If she was suffering from heat stroke like she thought she was it would help.

"I think it may only be heat stroke luv, nothing that can't be fixed. This thing is so cold." She shivered, and wrapped the cold blanket around herself. It was so cold and now she would have prefered the overly hot sands. Now she was shivering all over and her teeth chattered. She did not want to see him this way.

"why don't you just go back and see if you Impress? I well be okay." She said but even her voice shivered and she had not even put the cloth on her forehead.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:26 am

Alex
After the blue had chosen someone from the stands, he saw the brown make his move. He scowled at the brown's behavior as it kicked a rocking egg but then he saw the brown go towards his friend, Roman. He just shook his head for he did not see that coming at all. Then the egg that the brown who chose Roman kicked, hatched to reveal a bronze. This one seemed bent on herding males and unfortunately since he had been looking at Roman then looking at Tabby's direction, he got caught with the rest of those being herded by the bronze. Nothing serious happened, he was just being dragged along. But then, another bronze hatched and that second bronze went straight for Soldier. Alex smiled at the pair, for he could think of no other well suited pair as those two for the moment. When the other bronze made his choice, the bronze who had been herding him and the other males finally went over to a male after scrounging for eggshells. Why the bronze needed shells, Alex had no clue.

It would seem that four dragon males have already hatched and chosen their riders and Alex was beginning to wonder when females would show their lot. No sooner that he had thought that and two eggs hatched a green and a gold that quickly went to their chosen ones. Then two more eggs, revealed a bronze then a brown who went towards Mik and someone from the sidelines, respectively. After that, another gold hatched and went towards a tiny woman. And then, a green hatched and went towards Roman's sister, Lesla. So far, there have ten successful hatchings with all the dragons having found their chosen riders.

Kira
Everything was happening so fast and so quickly. When the blue had chosen someone from the sands, the brown then made his choice from among the candidates. Then there were a succession of hatchings and choices made by dragons and it was all just a blur to Kira. She was just happy that all the hatched dragons were able to find their chosen riders real quick. She did wonder what would happen if one of those that hatched didn't happen to like anyone that was currently present at the Hatching.

Zander
The Blue's choosing seemed to be a signal for the Hatching to commence for there was a flurry of activity and soon, there were ten dragons paired with ten people. From his count, there were two golds, three bronzes, two browns, a blue, and two greens. He wondered which color would hatch next and who would be lucky to be chosen by that dragon.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:17 am

Ther was a childish cry, an attempt of a full blown bugle as another gold entered the world. Her long tail whipping about, she was the smallest of the gold, though by far she was the most violent as she struck out with her tail, firmly knocking away the man that was near her. How dare he come near her. How dare he! She was not to be touched by his kind, not until she approved it first and she handn't. She lashed out again with claws raking them down a young woman knocking her over this gold merely trampled over her on her way to where a woman stood against the wall.

'You, Ravana. Go get me some food, be quick about it. I, your Airliath will not wait long'

There was an impatient thump of her tail which caused sand to rise up about her. It was followed by a loud sigh as Ravana picked up the bucket next to her and began feeding the gold. Who much to Ravana's displeasure tripped her brother as he trotted by.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Airliath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Airliatha

Name: Airliath
Colour: Gold
Personality: Moody : Vengeful. Acts like a character in a Action / Adventure.
Motto:
'The good is the enemy of the best.'
Rider: Ravana
Colour Code: #FEF1B5

======

The brown had a glar for his golden sister as his nose hit the ground whilst he did his rounds of the sands. Oh it would not do for the place to be in such disorder and he went about organising the people, pushing the men around into lines and grouping the remaining women. He then proceeded to march up and down the lines like some drill sargent inspecting his troops. Finally it seemed that the brown had made his choice and stopping almost at a rather draconic version of attention he stared intently into the mans eyes.

'Sir I do believe you and I have a date with the sky. I am Lucath and together we will command'

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Lucanth Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Lucantha

Name: Lucath
Colour: Brown
Personality: Moody : Compulsive. Driven
Motto:
'Don't be a person who says "Ready, Fire, Aim"'
Rider: Alex
Colour Code: #9C661F

======

'Artemis come down here. Surath is so lonely without you, so lonely he could die.'

The voice was from a blue who lay pitifully in hs egg shells waiting for his chosen to come rushing down from the sands and craddle him in her arms tenderly. As would soon be found out, there was nothing wrong with Surath, nothing at all. Except his pessimistic attitude to life. However with a partner like Artemis one wondered if that would ever change or if she could even care for a dragon. After all everyone knew how bad a mother she was.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Surath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Suratha

Name: Surath
Colour: Blue
Personality: Pessimistic : Realistic. Garrulous.
Motto:
'Tomorrow never comes.'
Rider: Artemis
Colour Code: #BBFFFF

======

One peculiar green had hatched in particular, and as she spread her wings wide one could see her difference. She wasn't still for long though as she positively bounced and pranced across the sands with sheer glee and joy. Till she stopped at seeing one woman and prancing on the spot she stared up at the woman.

'Hullo there Kateri. Merulath is my name, Life is my game. Want to join me, everyone just seems so glum.'

There was not a dull note in this green's voice as she positively radiated joy and energetic endless optimism.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Merulath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Merulatha

Name: Merulath
Colour: Green
Personality: Optimistic : Happy. Fidgets.
Motto:
'Try to live and let live'
Rider: Kateri
Colour Code: #32CD99

=====

A particularly dark blue slipped from his egg being confused with a particularly dark blue tail waving out of the egg next to him. Rolling out of his egg there seemed to be a laughing note to his gurgling croons of delight at being upside down. Rolling over he played with the sand in his paws and when he finally was done with what he had created he bounced up and down on the spot waving his tail maddly.

'Deran, Deran come quick.. Look what you Tarath has made. Isn't it nice'

He seemed to be so excited at what he had made even if it wasn't particularly good he was proud of it and hoped his rider would be too.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Tarath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Taratha

Name: Tarath
Personality: Friendly : Happy. Artistic
Motto:
'Never be ashamed of singing that's too joyful.'
Rider: Deran
Colour Code: #2C5197

=====

Soon it became clear that the dark tail everyone had seen did not belong to a dark coloured blue at all, but a rather medium blue with a dark tail. Moving towards a young man who after seeing his brother partnered looked a little glum.

'Sean, Don't looks so glum, your not alone anymore. You've got me, your Salath. Your brother and his Ranth and everyone else too.'

The thoughts invaded Sean's mind, he was reeling for a few moment until he looked down to see the blue watching him. It was then he knew that he would never be alone and their eyes met and he reached out to touch his magnificent partner.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Salath Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Salatha

Name: Salath
Personality: Friendly : Kind-hearted. Brave.
Motto:
'Make allowances for friends imperfections'
Rider: Sean
Colour Code: #4682B4

=====

After that final blue hatched it seemed the other eggs would not move. Nor even give off a noise. Out of 25 eggs only 16 had hatched. Not that 16 was a bad number, in fact it was quite good for a first try. Now the genetecists had another clutch to watch till they hatched and dragons to watch grown.

[[Stick around there is still more drama as the egg autopsies begin. There is a room off to the side, so those unimpressed vets and medics you get to have some fun now.. ^.^ for everyone else thank you. If you didn't impress don't worry there are plenty more in the future.. For now we will work on getting a banquet, feeding and bathing threads up so as to pass the time till the allowed date to play the dragons. ^.^ Congrats to those who did impress I can't wait till next month.]]

Last edited by Iskiea on Sun Jul 12, 2009 4:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

https://pernchronicles.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:41 am

Geneva

The paramedic had begun to relax as the hatching continued without mishap, but the latest gold's screech put an end to that. The screams that followed had Geneva pelting for the entrance, where her bag had been discarded by one of the new Impressees. She snatched it up and took off running towards the injured, kit slung over one shoulder and hand already rummaging inside for pressure bandages.

Kateri

It was exhausting, standing out here for even a short amount of time. Kateri had begun to visibly wilt from both heat and the ebb of adrenaline. The girl never failed to brighten upon seeing an impression, however, and when several eggs popped at once, she stretched up onto her toes to get a better look at the action.

That action was horrifying, as the latest gold made her presence know through bloodshed. The teacher went a chalky grey, copper skin losing its pigment, and clapped a hand to her mouth to control a sudden bout of nausea.

"Oh no, oh no," she whispered, taking an unconscious step backwards. The other hatchlings were ignored while she stared at the injured candidates, and the sudden boil of medical activity around them.

One hatchling, the green, was having none of being ignored.

Hullo there Kateri. Merulath is my name, Life is my game. Want to join me, everyone just seems so glum.

Kateri reeled, staring down at the dragon dancing before her. The green gave a rough burble and poked at the girl's belly with her small, pointed muzzle. What, aren't you going to say hello to your Merulath?

"Hello!" The word burst from Kateri as if she'd been punched. "Merulath? They... someone's hurt, that's why they're upset. But you... oh, you're beautiful!"

Inside and out! Stop worrying, everything will be alright. But can we have some food now? I am dreadfully hungry. Merulath punctuated the rumbling of her belly by weaving her head back and forth, back and forth, jaws gaping with what looked suspiciously like a grin.

Kateri didn't even notice the heat as she dropped to her knees and lifted a small chunk of meat from the bucket. "Of course! Here... chew slowly, alright?" she cautioned, having overheard someone else mention that necessity.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 am

Adrienne & Gold Galateath

Adrienne, who was busy depositing slabs of meat into Galateath's open jaws, didn't really notice as the other hatchlings emerged. Every few minutes she glanced around, but it was half-hearted and after each quick scan her excited blue eyes returned to the lovely gold before her. The only one who held her thoughts for long was Kat; the woman who'd braved her fury that night at the Dining Cavern. She'd impressed a pretty green, and Adrienne could honestly say she was happy for her.

Even the one beside her, Mikhael, didn't catch her attention much; at least, until Galateath paused in her eating to speak to her companion's bronze..

Zharath, you will take care of him, won't you? He means much to my Adrienne, and thus he musn't be unhappy...

Adrienne, surprised at her dragon's words, almost denied the statement, but upon meeting Mikhael's tender eyes she stopped. Damn it. She managed to salvage her dignity, though, and shrugged nonchalantly as she watched her golden hatchling's actions.

Her shoulder's movement caused Galateath to look at her quizically.

What did I say, mine? It's true.... and I did not say you loved him. I know you try to keep that a secret.

Thanks the gods Galateath spoke this privately, through their mental link. Sighing softly, Adrienne ran a hand through her long, brown tresses and, after a long look at Mikhael, told her hatchling sweetly,

Nothing, love. You said nothing.

Looking back up, Adrienne noticed another gold who now stood before Ravana. Good for her.. the woman affectionately thought- after all, Ravana was one of her close friends, and no one but Adrienne was allowed to touch Ravana's sled. Finished watching, Adrienne flashed her a bright, encouraging smile before looking back to her own gold. As the blue-eyed mechanic's neck began to... tingle? Adrienne reached over and scratched Galateath's neck instinctively; after all, her darling itched.

=======

[OOC// I'll post Morgen's reaction after Iskiea posts with Avalon.]
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Asdra Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:45 pm

Asdra and Gonneth both found themselves applauding as each new dragon hatched and impressed, despite their different views of the events. Gonneth was growing more and more nervous as the moments went by, and Asdra just hoped he'd get a cool dragon that he could get along with well enough.

It wasn't long before Asdra noticed Gonneth quivering like a frightened child.

"What's wrong, Gonneth?" was the somewhat quiet inquiry.

"I-I-I-I....I-I-I dunno," Gonneth stammered; even Asdra was taken aback at how bad it had gotten. "I-I-I was...w-w-w-was j-just th-thinking....a-a-about...the d-d-dragons...a-a-and-"
Asdra cut him off with a sigh. "Listen, lad, it doesn't matter what happens here and now. You'll get one eventually, even if you have to wait a couple of months or a couple of years!" Asdra's smirk showed seriousness, a trait most often absent from his face and body language. "As long as you remain patient and be steadfast, you'll find him, or her, eventually. Or they'll find you. Whichever comes first." With that, Asdra turned his attention back to the hatching, and so did a slightly calmer Gonneth, both waiting to see if what they had been chosen for would come to fruition soon.
Asdra
Asdra

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:28 pm

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

Since he'd finished eating, Cadmuth had sat contentedly next to Roman and watched along with his new Rider as the last of the hatchlings Impressed. All his brothers and sisters chose well-suited humans, but none compared to his Roman. Immensely satisfied with his choice, Cadmuth crooned to himself for a few minutes, until His spoke.

Cadmuth, what do you say we go outside? The geneticist over there is motioning for us to leave the grounds...

With mock resignation the brown replied,

Wherever you lead, I'll go...

Oh, this would be such a shock to Roman. His mind happily plotting a scary stunt, Cadmuth followed Roman out the tunnel and into the sunlight.

The blue-eyed man, who'd turned as they entered the bright light to examine Cadmuth's skin in the sun, was scared witless when Cadmuth exclaimed over their link,

AHH! I'M MELTING! MINE, WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?

Immediately Roman, who's heart seemed to have stopped, knelt down beside the brown and, swinging the hatchling's head around with his hands, said aloud,

"What's wrong, Cadmuth? What did I do?

The brown, who'd stopped crying and now radiated a smug satisfaction, just replied happily,

Nothing. Scared you good, didn't I?

Roman, sighing in relief, was too amused to be mad. As he scratched Cadmuth's side again, the new Brown Rider said,

"Of course you did, Cadmuth. Almost gave me a heart attack."

The brown just hummed in satisfaction.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:55 pm

Avalon

The hatching was over and Avalon still sat in shock as the blue had chosen her sister. She couldn't comprehend how a dragon could want a girl like her sister, one who didn't even have any pets or flits. Though when she saw to whom some of the others impressed to well she supposed it had something to do with the dragon choosing who they wanted not who had a bucket of meat.

First she turned to Arturius to whisper in his ear, she was met by a broad grin from her twin as he took Romulus from her and gave her a nudge towards Morgen with a grin. He'd leave them with some privacy and with a grin shifted the twins and left not without farewells though.

"We'll be in the Dining Hall with everyone else, we'll see you both soon."

With a wink he was gone leaving Avalon to squeeze Morgen's hand and gaze into his Hazel eyes nervously. Oh how was she to say this, she didn't really know how to. She knew she had to tell him now, she couldn't hide it and with quivering hands she looked up at Morgen and smiled shyly, before just blurting out what she needed to say.

"Morgen.. I'm pregnant."

============================================================

After Hatching Autopsies

In a small cave that sat off from the main sands, the geneticists were curious as to where they had failed, and one by one the eggs were brought and and sliced open and one by one, the little dead dragons, whether they be malformed or just didn't survive were dissected and tested to figure out just what had caused them to pass on. They were halfway through the eggs when one rather small one was brought in by Kita with the help of one of the other Vets. She hated to be apart of it but she knew it had to be done, even a few of the medics were there to assist with the dissecting.

This egg felt different though, like it had a heavy lump to one side of it. Unlike the others where movement of the deceased babies were felt of them sliding around in their egg with the movement of being moved. This one there was no movement just a heavy side which had the egg lean to one side, even the shell wasn't entirely smooth like the others.

Either side of the egg stood Geneva, Kita, two geneticists and another medic. Waiting for that crucial cut to break through the thick shell they had already discovered these dead eggs already seemed to have. This egg seemed to have a thicker shell and upon cracking it no liquid oozed from in, the membrane was thick and dry and there seemed to be rough bumps lining the inside of the egg. Breaking the egg opened they found the most darling little green, her mottled green hide was puckered with scars caused from her rough egg and it seemed as though she had suck to it and become unstuck from the egg by the puddle of green ichor beneath her back.

Knife poised over the chest of the green, one of the geneticists pressed down. What happened no one had thought possible. There was a screech from the green and although she couldn't open her eyes and her mouth barely seemed to open she still screeched. Tightly bound muscle and scar tissue left her legs flailing in stiff jerky movement as she lashed out in fear reaching out for the mind of hers. There she was, latching tightly onto the woman she had found as hers she squealed again leg snapping out in Geneva's direction as the woman stood next to the table.

'Help me... Geneva help.. I'm scared and they hurt me.. Where are you.. Eridyth can't see you.'

She continued to squeal and scream, everyone stepping back from the lashing tail and jerky limbs, watching on in horror as the little green's voice was broadcast to all.

Welcome to the world little ones, may there always be wind u - Page 3 Scar

Name: Eridyth
Color: Green
Rider: Geneva
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:20 am

Geneva

Geneva was exhausted. She'd had to go without sleep again due to the shift she'd worked, and then the early morning hatching. It didn't help her mood that the candidates who'd been injured were seriously wounded; how could the creatures intended to save them all be so willfully violent? It didn't seem to matter that so many of the dragons had found their partners without shedding blood, or that the new riders appeared radiantly happy. All Geneva could see in her mind's eye was blood spreading across sand, and the murderous gold stalking away without a backwards glance.

She took a deep breath as Kita and the other vet came in with another egg. Geneva had to focus, had to push the need for sleep away, push the depression and the anger and the grief away, and focus on what needed to be done now. Autopsies.

It was not shaping up to be a good day for her.

She hefted the tray of tools and stepped in to stand at the geneticist's elbow, ready to assist. Looking over the poor, tortured body of the infant green, Geneva's expression was untouched by sympathy. Cool, clinical, detached... but that all changed when the dragon screamed and began to thrash about on the table. The sound was terrifying, loud enough to carry out of the cave and onto the adjacent sands.

'Help me... Geneva help.. I'm scared and they hurt me.. Where are you.. Eridyth can't see you.'

Tray and tools crashed to the floor as Geneva staggered against the side of the table, rocked by the sudden and violent Impression. The green's shrieks rose to an ear-breaking pitch and she lashed out again, her talons catching in the loose fabric of the woman's coveralls. Her convulsions increased as the paramedic fought to calm her, reaching out to gather the tiny, wounded body in close. It was blind instinct, and Geneva paid for it. Tears streaming down her cheeks, and mind empty of everything but Eridyth's screams, she hardly felt it as the infant's wickedly sharp talons tore through fabric and flesh and finally the large artery of her thigh.

The others in the room cried out as blood gushed from the injury, and Geneva fell to the ground with Eridyth cradled in her arms. Shocked as they were, reactions were slow, and Geneva was doomed. The last few seconds of her life were spent curled around the whimpering green, murmuring wordless promises of love, of protection. When those whispers faded, so too did the light in Geneva's eyes.

Eridyth's scream then was louder, and full of all of the pain in the world, before being abruptly cut off when the hatchling thrashed free of Geneva's arms... then disappeared into Between.

There was silence then, but only for a few seconds. Then Jace's Rikath threw her little head back and gave voice to a haunting keen to mourn the loss of her sister.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:29 am

Adrienne couldn't wipe the silly smile from her face. Today was, to say the least, the best day of her life. Grinning broadly, Adrienne turned to Mikhael to tell him something about her wonderful hatchling, then froze where she was as a scream tore across her and Galateath's joined minds.

Help me... Geneva help.. I'm scared and they hurt me.. Where are you.. Eridyth can't see you.

Her eyes immediately blurring with tears, Adrienne grasped Mikhael's arm for support as the pain in that voice shook her & Galateath's frames. The gold, in an haunting cry, keened loudly along with Rikath for the death of her scarred, green sister.

Seconds passed, although it seemed an eternity to Adrienne, and within moments she found her grief turning to a burning rage. How could someone hurt a dragon! In a swift, smooth movement Adrienne stood and cried out, her eyes blazing with fury,

"What just happened? WHO DID THIS?"

The Gold, in answer to her Rider's cry, told her while still keening,

Oh, my Adrienne. They cut her...

Adrienne was out for blood, and at the moment Galateath was feeling her Rider's anger as well. Still keening lightly, but her eyes starting to whirl an angry red, the gold hatchling stood tall beside her's. Even now Adrienne was feeling the remnants of the dragon's pain; her chest was throbbing, and though she was angry tears still marred her face.

The Sands went eerily silent, except for the dragons' mourning, and Adrienne, this time in a softer, colder voice, spoke to those on the Sands with her,

"Please. Someone. Answer me NOW."

At her side, Galateath rumbled menacingly... well, as menacingly as a hatchling could manage.

When no one answered her immediately, Adrienne turned back to Mik, tears still in her eyes. She pleaded silently with him for his assistance before looking back furiously to the others on the Sands.
================

Morgen Remington

"Morgen.. I'm pregnant."

With those words, Avalon stunned her lover.

The day had been so perfect, and now....Morgen broke into a wide, ecstatic grin, and without any thought picked Avalon up and kissed her soundly, twirling her around as he did so. He was going to be a father..

Minutes passed, and Morgen finally put her down. He couldn't stop grinning; never could he remember being so full of joy. First, there was the hatching, and now this.

Without taking his bright eyes from her's, Morgen asked,

"How long have you known?"

[[ooc// Iski, I'll do the announcement at the banquet. It seemed better, what with Eridyth's passing & Geneva's death....]]

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

The amiable silence between Roman & his brown was broken by a loud keening, and the sound of a hatchling crying out in anguish. Closing his eyes in pain, Roman reached out to steady himself and laid a hand on Cadmuth's back. The brown, overwhelmed by the pain and grief in the dying voice, keened as well, lifting his head to the sun as he uttered his haunting melody.

Cadmuth... what happened?

They cut her... Oh, mine. They cut her...

Man and hatchling crouched near the entrance of the cave, leaning against one another for mental support.

Last edited by Rye on Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:27 am; edited 1 time in total
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by IceFire Thu Jul 09, 2009 2:10 am

Lilith

Lilith looked down feeling very sad. She looked at the remaining eggs and walked over to them running her fingers across their shells. She stood there for a couple of minutes hopeing that they were going to a better place. She turned around quickly so that the tears would not come. She walked out looking at the ground wondering what was next for her. She had been practicing to be a candidate for so long she wasn't sure. Before she knew it she had walked into something. She backed up and was looking at Roman. She tried to put a smile on her face for him but had failed. She crouched beside him and wrapped her arms around him. She wasn't sure what to say but she had heard the cry from a dragonet and she was sure this was why he was reacting. She closed her eyes as she ran her fingers through his hair like a mother would with her crying child.

Dawn

Dawn had grown sad as she watched. She had hoped not to have to figure out why some had not hatched but this was the job she was given. She walked after the others and stood behind them awaiting their call if they should need her. When all of a sudden they had gotten a hatchling out and had hurt it. She covered her ears as it screamed. She was upset by the death of someone who had looked out for her and the loss of a dragon. She stepped forward to meet the gold rider's gaze. "Do not blame any of them. We figured them to be all dead." She said with her head held high from her stubborness. Her emerald eyes looked the girl over before leaning down and pulling Geneva into her lap. "We have losted someone as well as the dragon so please forgive me if I seem rude." She said icily.
IceFire
IceFire

Location : http://www.crunchyroll.com/group/SID_-_Aki/photos#s=/group/SID_-_Aki/photos%3Fpage%3D0

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:38 am

Kateri

Eating was forgotten when the shock of death tore through Merulath's mind, and then Kateri's. As the little green keened, too overcome for even mindspeech, the girl frantically gathered her bond into her arms and cradled her close. Tears rolled freely down her cheeks, although she hardly understood what was happening. "Shhh... shhh, love."

"What just happened? WHO DID THIS? Please. Someone. Answer me NOW."

Adrienne's voice cut through her frantic panic and Kateri crossed the sands, driven to join the young woman not by the demand, but by the "please". As she walked, Merulath calmed enough to communicate, though what she said was not what Kat wanted to hear.

It was an accident. Eridyth hurt. She did not mean it. They are gone now. The beautiful green-blue notes of Merulath's voice had faded, becoming almost a mental sob.

Kateri sobbed as well, but she held it inside so she could try to help calm the others. She hugged her bond to her, the green's tail wound tightly around her waist, and said raggedly, "Merulath says that it was an accident."
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Hesper Thu Jul 09, 2009 5:46 am

Malcolm put an arm around Ayana's shoulders. The cold blanket would do her some good if she was just over heated. "If it was a heat stroke you'd be in way worse shape trust me. Probably just a bit of heat exhaustion that is all. It'll take you a bit to feel better, so what do you say we just go back to my place and you can sleep. Don't worry about the hatching, there'll be others in the future." He said leading her off in that direction. He was a bit depressed that he wouldn't have the chance to impress this time around, but Ayana was more important.

Tabby was slightly sad that she hadn't impressed. The last of the eggs revealed a lot of beautiful dragons, but none of them were for her. Alex managed to impress a brown though and she cheered loudly for him. She knew that the scientist could go help with the autopsy, but she decided against it. She was curious what the dead embryo's would look like, but she was more curious to see Alex's new brown. All of a sudden all of the dragons started keening, loudly. It was such a depressing eerie sound, but she had no idea what was going on. This only made her search for Alex even faster.

Trent was almost done feeding Demath his first meal. He was having a time keeping the bronze from stealing some of the others' meat. Then all of a sudden there was a very loud keening. It took a moment for Trent to realize that Demath was a part of it. 'Demath? What is it? What's wrong?' He asked worriedly.

'They hurt her, they cut her....she's gone. Why did they cut her?' Demath said, for once since his hatching not thinking of himself.

Trent was very confused and wasn't sure what he was talking about. He then noticed that all of the dragons were acting the same. An overwhelming sadness washed over him and even though he didn't know what was going on he was crying as well. 'Cut her? Demath. Who did who cut?' He asked through his tears, though his bronze wasn't very forth coming with answers. He searched for Emera in the crowd, he needed her comfort right now. Hopefully they would know what was going on soon.

Sashike was full of smiles and giggles as she fed her gold. She was the most perfect thing in the world. Soldier's bronze, in her opinion, was the most handsome bronze in the clutch. She was giving Delanth another bit of food when out of know where the gold bit her. "Ow, Delanth." She said looking at her bleeding thumb. Before she could reprimand her though the gold started keening loudly.

The sound was so sad and depressing it scared Sashike almost. 'What is it love? What's the matter?' She asked, feeling like crying herself.

'THEY CUT HER! Those sharding animals not worthy of the intelligence they supposedly have! We must go to her, Sashike. NOW! Green or not, she does not deserve that.' Delanth said furiously, but there was such sadness spewing forth from her.

Delanth was trotting off as fast as her legs could take her. Sashike yelled at her a managed to back her stop for a moment. "I don't know what's going on Soldier, but I'm following Delanth she seems to know." She told him before running after her gold.

'You! Bronze one. Come with me. We will find out why they cut her and make them pay if need be.' Delanth said using her queenly demeanor. Then she led the way to where she was sure her cut sister was.

As they were walking they heard Adrienne's yelling questions. So Sashike decided to join her, but kept her angry gold away fro Adrienne's gold. As they caught up to her one of the girls that impressed a green answered for them. "An accident?" Sashike asked in amazement, tears streaming down her face.

'Accident!? How could they not know she was alive? This is what happens when things are left in the hands of lower people. Sashike, someone should be punished for this. If I get my claws on one of them, I'll see how they like to be cut.' Delanth said, the explanation not calming her down any.

Sashike knelt down and put her arm over her gold to try and comfort her. "Shush now, dear. Things will be okay. We'll figure out what happened, just calm down for me." It worked a little for Delanth did clearly seem to settle a bit.
Hesper
Hesper
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:50 am

"Are you sure?" she asked while they walked. "I know that you were looking forward to this." She started to feel guilty. It would be her fault if her love did not Impress.

The thought of resting at his place was inviting but the guilt was starting to overwhelm her. It was also clear on her face. She did not want Malcolm to miss his chance.

Last edited by Otania on Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:25 am; edited 5 times in total
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Lupa Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:05 am

Hesper wrote:
Trent was almost done feeding Demath his first meal. He was having a time keeping the bronze from stealing some of the others' meat. Then all of a sudden there was a very loud keening. It took a moment for Trent to realize that Demath was a part of it. 'Demath? What is it? What's wrong?' He asked worriedly.

'They hurt her, they cut her....she's gone. Why did they cut her?' Demath said, for once since his hatching not thinking of himself.

Trent was very confused and wasn't sure what he was talking about. He then noticed that all of the dragons were acting the same. An overwhelming sadness washed over him and even though he didn't know what was going on he was crying as well. 'Cut her? Demath. Who did who cut?' He asked through his tears, though his bronze wasn't very forth coming with answers. He searched for Emera in the crowd, he needed her comfort right now. Hopefully they would know what was going on soon.

Emera saw Trent looking for her, and she had been hearing what was going on. She was confused, and went to Trent. With that look, Emera figured that he needed her. She liked the man, and always looked forwards to the next time they'll be together.

"Trent?" She said cautiously. "Congratulations with your dragonet." She added.

She didn't know what Trent need, but she would be there for him. She didn't know what she would do, as she wasn't candidate, and she didn't know about their relationship, right now, he's a good friend, and perhaps more than she really knows. She just looking forward to next time they were together. This one isn't going be as joyful as the rest has been.
Lupa
Lupa

Back to top Go down

Post by Houka Ryuu Thu Jul 09, 2009 8:54 am

Alex and Brown Lucath
And then, all of a sudden, there was a bugle for attention and there on the sands was a third gold, she was a savage one as she knocked one of the males who had accidentally gone near he, and probably maimed a young girl who was unfortunately enough to be in the way of the gold dragon. He winced in sympathy for those wonded victims of the gold and would have gone to help but he wasn't about to go near that violent gold whom, Alex saw chose Ravana. Alex even saw the gold trip a brown that had been passing behind her. He scowled at that and hoped that Ravana would do something about that gold's rather violent behavior.

Then his attention was turned to the brown who proceeded in organizing those candidates left on the sands. Alex hid a smirk on his face, for here was a dragon after his own heart. He even let himself be organized by the dragon along with the others. He wondered as he stood there in front waiting for what the brown dragon would do next. He tried to follow with his eyes and watch what the dragon was doing as the brown went up and down the lines of those few candidates that he had lined up in order.

However, after making the round, the brown stopped in front of him in attention as if Alex was the dragon's commanding officer. And when the dragon stared intently into Alex's eyes, it was as if, the rest of world no longer existed for Alex and in his head, a clear voice, a voice to be heard and obeyed, it had an aura of command as well wealth of love in that voice that said, Sir, I do believe you and I have a date with the sky. I am Lucath and together we will command..

And all Alex could do was just stare back at the brown dumbfoundedly. He hadn't been prepared for the feeling of overwhelming love and protectiveness for the brown... His Brown... His Lucath. Unconsciously, he knelt down and was hugging Lucath, almost in a deathgrip. And unbidden, tears were falling down his face and he didn't care. He was speechless, ecstatic, happy to have been found by Lucath. And his eyes were all for his little brown dragon in front of him as he caressed the dragon much like he did with Beloved, memorizing the contours of Lucath's body, noticing the light bronze mask across Lucath's eyes making him look like some bandit out on the prowl.

And then he looked up, looking about for Tabby, wondering if she was near, wondering if a dragon had chosen her. When his eyes found her, he shouted in triumph, much like Soldier had done earlier with his bronze, "Lucath! His name is Lucath!" And he was smiling, smiling like a loon, for anyone to see, and he didn't care. All he cared about for the moment was Lucath. He didn't even notice that there were other dragons, three blues and a green, that had hatched after Lucath and who found the their chosen riders easily enough.

And then, Alex felt a hunger not of his own, his mind link with Lucath a deeper one than he had with Beloved or Warrior. As he reach out for the bucket of meat, Lucath nudged Alex on his stomach and stated, Sir, I do believe that I am in need of sustenance. just as Lucath's belly growled rather loudly for all to hear.

Alex laughed, he couldn't help it, and it must have surprised those who heard him for he rarely laughed in public. "That's why I was going to reach for the bucket of meat, Luc." he said as he offered a piece of meat to his brown. And before Lucath could take the meat away from him, he said sternly, "Chew first, then swallow." Alex from experience with Beloved and Warrior knew that when very hungry, the dragonet and firelizard tended to swallow their food whole. Thankfully, they had never choked on their food, but he was not about to have that experience with Lucath. Not when Lucath's continued health would be Pern's future defense against Thread.

Lucath opened his jaw for Alex to drop the meat into his mouth. As he closed his jaw to chew, he answered, Sir, yes sir. I shall remember to chew before swallowing. as he swallowed his food after chewing it down to be safely swallowed. Then he opened his jaw for more meat, and Alex obliged not minding the blood that dripped from the meat onto his clothes.

Alex looked back up once more and realized that the hatching seemed to be over and a quick survey around the sands told him that there were sixteen dragons that hatched out of the twenty-five eggs. Sixteen was a good number to start with in Alex's opinion, and in his survey, he noticed that Tabby was not chosen by a dragon, he felt a little sad about it for he wanted her to know the feeling of having a dragon.

He was about to call her over to his side, to show off Lucath to her and let her give Lucath a caress if she wanted to. But then, he heard a painful screeching coming from the adjacent room where the unhatched eggs had been taken. He was about to ask the nearby Geneticist what was happening in the room, when Lucath started keening, and he was overwhelmed with grief. Once more, he was crying and he wasn't sure why. He put the bucket of food beside him as he knelt down Lucath, embracing the brown in his arms as he asked, "What's wrong, Lucath? What's happened?" as he heard the other dragons keening in mourning just like Lucath. He looked up, searching for a familiar face, but his eyes were blurry with tears.

Oh Sir, it's horrible. Eridyth, Eridyth, my sister... She was alive, but her shell was hard and thick. She couldn't get out. But... Lucath tried his best to explain but he was too overcome with grief for his poor sister.
Houka Ryuu
Houka Ryuu
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Otania Fri Jul 10, 2009 12:27 am

She was feeding her blue, not noticing who Impressed what. She was too busy with Verreth. He was the most important thing right now. She had made sure that they were both not that close to the others. Verreth had had a fun enough time with the brown.

A blue brother...with a girl rider...just like you and me. He was still scarred from his incident with the brown.

Otania looked at some of the new riders like her com in and she saw the ice blue dragon and his rider. A girl she did not know. She would talk to her later, if she was not too busy with Verreth.

I still think you are the most beautiful blue yet. Otania crooned mentally to him as she feed him some more.

Really? Well you are...the prettiest two-legs here.

"Verreth, that is very kind of you." but then she heard the other dragon's kneeing. Verreth joined them.

A green sister is cut. She hurt her rider and killed her. Then She left. Why did they hurt her? Well they do the same to me?

"I don't know but lets go and find out." Otania took Verreth in her arms and went and followed the others that wanted to see what happened.

"Who can I blame for upsetting Verreth!? He is shouting in my head questions I can't awnser. I need awnsers!" Her motherly instincts showing.
Otania
Otania

Back to top Go down

Post by Iskiea Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:16 pm

Mikhael & Bronze Zharath

Zharath's keen startled Mikhael and he fought to bury the feelings his bronze's sadness instilled in him. He had to be strong and pulling Zharath into his arms he rubbed the bronze till Zharath finally spoke to him. His voice seemed strained, as if the bronze too was trying to keep control taking solace in his rider's strength.

'They hurt her Mikhael, They didn't know and they hurt her'

At Galateath's menacing rumble Zharath pulled free of Mikhael's arms to nuzzle her and rest his body against her, trying to comfort her as he knew his rider would do for Adrienne. He had promised Galateath after all. Standing Mikhael opened his arms to Adrienne as she turned to him, tears threatening to spill down her cheeks. Reaching out with open arms he took a step forwards and slowly pulled her towards him, grasp loose enough for her to pull away at any moment she wanted to.

Sean & Blue Salath

Kateri's voice cut through his own tears and he turned, no woman that beautiful should shed tears and it was Salath that made the first move. He had to comfort his green sister, she needed him. Moving over he gently touched noses with her trying to comfort her as Sean knelt down beside Kateri after wiping his own tears from his face, trying to steel himself like he had seen Mikhael do.

'It's okay Merulath, they are together and they aren't hurting any more'

"Are you alright? Do you need a hug?"

Sean's voice was heartfelt, he didn't know how else to ask if she was okay, and generally he knew hugs made people feel much better. He always felt awkward in these situations, his brother dealt with them so much better than he did. But if Salath had made an effort than so would he.
Iskiea
Iskiea
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Rye Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:43 pm

As odd as it sounds, Adrienne more or less felt Mikhael step towards her; she didn't see him because she was turned, watching the chain of events unfold before her. maybe it was something to do with her bond with Galateath...? Adrienne didn't really have time to ponder it. All around her was madness, madness she'd started with her accusations. Hatchlings were keening, riders were crying, and with a wordless sob Adrienne broke.

As Mikhael wrapped his strong arms around her waist, Adrienne melded herself against his body, crying for the first time since she'd arrived on Pern. She sobbed for her dead mother, she cried for her father's horrors, but most of all, she cried for the dead hatchling who's death she'd felt first hand, thanks to her link with the Gold. At the moment, Adrienne didn't care who was watching; all she knew were the rock hard arms holding her close and the way Galateath felt as Zharath pressed against her.

Roman & Brown Cadmuth

As Lilith wrapped her arms around him and stroked his hair, Roman allowed himself to relax against her. His eyes were still tightly shut as Cadmuth's keening seemed to echo in his mind, but he forced himself not to cry, calling on the same reserve he'd used on the day he watched his father be eaten alive by Thread. Still, it was hard, and for extra support he pulled the brown close, holding him against his chest. No one would take his Cadmuth like that. No one.
Rye
Rye
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Kateri Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:21 am

'It's okay Merulath, they are together and they aren't hurting any more.'

Merulath lifted her chin from where it rested upon Kateri's shoulder and turned rapidly whirling eyes on her blue clutchmate. With her keening done, she gave a soft, sad rumble.

It is true. They are together, and no longer hurting. Thank you, Salath. You and yours are very kind.

The stocky green included her bond in that message, nudging at the girl's shoulder to summon her attention to Sean. Kat had been staring off towards the cave, oblivious to all but the shock that had just passed through her mind. She turned only slowly to look at Sean; her wide, dark eyes blinked owlishly at him until the question he'd asked processed through ears to brain.

Kateri summoned a pale smile and offered the man her hand to hold. "I think I'm alright. But you can help me up? I didn't... didn't think it would be like this. So strong. It isn't like the dragonets."

Her blue firelizard chose that moment to pop into view directly overhead and land in the girl's hair, tangling himself there and chittering distress and concern. Kat patted at him absently with her free hand and looked down at Merulath, who was restlessly twining around her legs.

"Merulath is right, you are kind. Thank you." She scrubbed at her cheeks, trying to erase the marks of tears.
Kateri
Kateri

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next